[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

14 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

Just finished watching episode 12!

I was pleasantly surprised with the twist on DH. I liked that DH was still DH as an innocent human which would explain his reaction when he found out about GR, his surprise at learning that ET worked at the chicken store in the building he owned and his love for his credit card. It was a nice twist to find out that the "almighty" just temporarily used him to convey his message to KS and GR. 

It's also interesting that the "almighty" said he heard all of KS' pleas to die and that he's always listened. He presented KS with an opportunity to die by bringing ET into his life (i.e. giving him a bride who would be able to end his immortality) but in the end, it would be up to KS to make that choice - to end his life. I also like that he brought KS and GR together. I am not certain as to his reasons for doing so but it appears to me as though he simply paves the way for all of them to meet but that he allows them to settle matters themselves. 

I wonder though if ET really did not see the female ghost or if she was merely preoccupied with other thoughts. If she really did not see the ghost, then I wonder what it means. I also wonder why KS could not harm Park Joong Won. If he really couldn't do anything to ghosts, then why would the other ghosts be afraid of him? 

I felt so sad for GR in this episode. It seems to me like he regretted having Kim Sun killed and maybe also regretted what he had done to KS. I appreciate the fact that in this drama, Grim Reapers do not have a memory of their past life so it allowed us to see them for who they are now as opposed to looking at them with their past sinful life in sight. It gave us (the audience) a chance to get to know GR without the influence of Park Joong Won - what he could have been like if he did not have any negative influences around him. It also gave us an opportunity to see what his relationship with KS could have been like back then - they could have been good friends. It made us love GR, root for him, feel compassion for him and hope for a happy ending for him. 

This is question I ask  weeks ago.Why ghost especially gossip ghost scared to goblin if goblin not able to harm the ghost.:sweatingbullets:

Then I hate the sellfish ghost in episode 11..Too worst what she doing to ET and last part...This time I agree with goblin that gossip ghost so annoyed..:crazy:

• Like 5

@bebebisous33 

Re: Becoming Mortals

I used to think that Wang Yeo, not Kim Shin, will be the only one who lose his powers, as he's the lesser deity between the two deities. But now I think you're right!

Both of them have abused their supernatural powers for personal reasons (a cancelled accident, a cancelled date, etc etc), and although they do these to challenge fate (or that cocky butterfly), I think there will be repercussions.

Eun-tak's gradual loss of Bride powers are one of the consequences: Kim Shin repeatedly intervenes so she stays alive. But both of them will pay this with power loss.

On a positive note, in my opinion we will see the two deities, Wang Yeo and Kim Shin, losing their immortality as you posited. But whether this bodes well for their romances with Sunny and Eun-tak...I don't know. I hope there would be no memory loss in the middle.

Re: Capturing the Eunuch

I love your idea that a Grim Reaper task force can help Wang Yeo and Kim Shin capture the eunuch's ghost. It's brilliant how you can see that this time their roles will be reversed: the Eunuch used to manipulate people to support his agenda, and now people will work against him.

I'm not sure whether Kim Shin's sword has always been ineffective in handling ghosts, or ghosts that possess humans, or is this another consequence of his rescuing Eun-tak multiple times....?

The junior Grim Reaper, in my opinion, could either be helpful in handling the Eunuch, or fall victim to the malignant ghost... I don't know whether evil ghosts in this drama are as dangerous as those in Supernatural.

We saw the female Grim Reaper regaining her memories of her Goryeo self, so she could either be a friend or a foe to both the junior Grim Reaper and Wang Yeo. It is a moot question now, and is connected to the Eunuch's capture.

• Like 11

Annyeong chingu..

Woww 44 pages from my last post .. fuhhh hope i can read all your comment & analysis chingu..

Me after episode 12,  they will need to add another episode .. maybe to 20 episode ..16 episode was not enough to story about this two great couples. I'm not want to claim Lee Dong Wook & Yoo In-na was a 2nd couple..because they were so great..they had their own story.. my thought.. writernim & production will add another episode for us.. jaebal!! Really hope that. 

Really hope that Evil eunuch die in episode 13, i'm richard simmons off to watch that evil tongue.. :angry: really hope Kim Woo Bin-ssi will catch it soon..

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, aurelly said:

Chinggu, anyone knows the name of this app?

Yes I want to know also! It's so cute! Please let it be available in the US and for iOS users! 

If this is available you know EVERYBODY going to be rocking Dokkaebi selcas.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine_Her said:

Yes I want to know also! It's so cute! Please let it be available in the US and for iOS users! 

If this is available you know EVERYBODY going to be rocking Dokkaebi selcas.

LOL..it already has begun. I looked through instagram and there were heaps of people using the dokkaebi filter... hahaha...

• Like 5

@ucylucy and @aurelly  Thanks for sharing this. Nice to see Yoo In-na and Lee Dong-wook enjoying their filming time.

In the "fried egg/bean sprout" BTS they didn't talk to each other at all. Are they method actors (i.e. they have to prepare for upcoming angsty scenes by immersing themselves in the characters' moods)? 

@Balcocer Greetings! I believe we haven't met before. I think the necklace was custom-designed for the series? Someone posted the designer's note once.(EDIT: see Aurelly's post)

Edited by selenette
Aurelly and Balcocer
  • Like 7

Guest ktiminie
52 minutes ago, Vo Ki Trieu said:

the right AGB Nationwide rating Goblin E12 is 14.857(-0.116%)

cre: https://www.reddit.com/r/koreanvariety/comments/5mh2ga/201701020108_monsun_variety_show_ratings_week_1/

According to AGB Nielsen Episode 12 scored 13.712%, it's the only official and reliable source. Though we do hope they will break the 15% before the end of the series :) 

EPkHpd.jpg

@carolinedl Hi, so nice to see you here in Goblin's thread! Are you back in Paris?

38 minutes ago, kiranzz said:

I want to confirm, Kim shin and Kim sun in Goryeo era are the orphans? Or their parents also killed in that tragedy. When I watch flashbacks I think that they are also noble family but why Park Evil keep saying that KS is lowly warrior :triumph:

@kiranzz They did show his family in ep 1, from my understanding the father is wearing white, with a beard. He was shown kneeling down and then killed. Those around him of different ages are also his family members. Just that the scriptwriter did not dedicate too much screen time to his family members.

• Like 7

On the Kim Shin-Sunny relationship:

I know Sunny was trying to deflect KS's questions about whether GR was WY but I felt kind of weird when she was like "Look here, Orabeoni. Just because you were my brother in my previous life doesn't mean I'm the same person in this life and you can't talk to me like that" or something along those lines.

On one hand, I completely understand (even approve) of Sunny maintaining a clear difference between who she was in the past and who she currently is in the present. Her regaining her memories of her life as Kim Sun doesn't obligate her to become Kim Sun, if that makes any sense. I like that even though she's Kim Sun, she's also Sunny and they are two people with vastly different personalities.

On the other hand, I felt a bit bad for KS. For him, there is Kim Sun and then there's Sunny. He clearly intended to delineate a clear line between the two of them, as evidenced by his talk with JET when she encouraged him to go give Sunny the money for the sweet potatoes. He even tells Sunny clearly that he wasn't there because she was Kim Sun. It's Sunny herself who took the initiative to let him know that she'd regained her memory and in that moment, it wasn't Sunny (the abrasive woman with a bad personality that also happened to be his reincarnated sister devoid of her memories) but Kim Sun that was talking to him about things only his beloved sister would know to talk to him about. I therefore wasn't surprised when he slipped into his past older- brother-authoritarian persona when he was asking about GR.

I have concluded that both of them are going to have some adjusting to do after all is said and done. Sunny will need to realize that she is effectively still KS's younger sister and KS will need to realize that while Sunny might effectively be his sister, they're living in a new era now and his current Kim Sun is mighty different from the previous Kim Sun he used to know. He'd be better off seeing her as the old Sunny with new memories as Kim Sun rather than as Kim Sun in a different body, if that makes any sense.

Whoa, I didn't think I had so much to say about that one sentence that wasn't even concluded. I just found it interesting to analyze the status of the KS-Sunny relationship  :sweatingbullets:

Also, I had one question about DH being possessed: so that time DH translated KS's prayer as a love letter and the other times he exhibited supernatural tendencies, it wasn't DH in possession of his body, it was the deity? Wow, if it's so, then the deity needs to go act in a drama and win all the awards. He's a great actor :)

• Like 18

Just completed ep 12 and here is my guess for ep 13. As WY has forgotten his memories, GY is unable to just kill him like that. From point of view of the audience, Grim Reapers do not die too. They just do their job. 

WY & KS will unite to kill Evil Eunuch. If not Evil Eunuch can't be killed, since God seems to be taking a back seat right now.

Since Evil Eunuch can possess humans, he will probably possess ET, Sunny or DH. Making KS's job difficult to kill them with his sword. 

Red Lady will step in to help in this messy human situation. 

And, at one point, KS will claim his property and companies, since Grandpa predicted that in his will.

• Like 6