[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

5 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

Wow, so much happened in this episode.

KS-JET:

God bless communication. I have to say, I was wondering when KS would get around to telling JET about their dilemma. Good to know that when he couldn't hide it any longer, he told her.

Honestly, not telling her would have been just as stupid as JET going to a high place after being told she would die from a fall. What the heck was she thinking? You can see her looking around as she climbed the stairs so I wonder why it didn't really occur to her how dangerous her situation was until the ghost lady mentioned her husband pushing her. The way she double-checked her lighter makes me think she knew it was dangerous but felt secured anyway because, hey, her boyfriend's a freaking goblin.

Loved how she quibbled about who should die and KS "should we do that" response every time she made a decision until he finally hugged her and told her not to worry.

I've said this somewhere before but the KS-JET relationship is like really good comfort food that just makes you feel good when you eat it. It's not passionate per se but it's intense in it's mellow-ness, if that makes sense.

Sorry to cut your post, but I can't agree more with your statement. KS-ET really show us that Communication is the most important thing in a relationship, no more noble idiocy drama, just stay true to each other, makes both of them comfortable and lovely :wub:

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Puppywookie said:

I just saw a subs of the preview of the next episode, the part where the GR eyes are full of tears, he is saying to sunny 2 simple words, "forget me", and she really will as he is the GR and that is one of the saddest scenes I have ever scene in a romance. That means she will not remember a single thing about him at all and all their happy memories will be erased from her memory. It also means he sacrificed for her, he will take all the burdens of their memories for the rest of his long life while she can be happy without him. I feel so heartbroken. Even if the writer wants a sad ending for Wang sun, this is really heartbreaking.

@Puppywookie I really, really hope he doesn't wipe out her memories. Maybe it's me being optimistic, but in this episode, in that scene where she finds out he's a grim reaper, he promises her that he won't erase her memories again. I think he's a man of his words, because other than his name, he's never lied to Sunny. He might have been ambiguous when answering her questions, but he never told her lies... so I think this is a promise he would keep. Also, @joyezz noticed that in the preview, right after he tells Sunny, "Forget me," she cries, and it pans to her crying on the streets alone. If he had taken away her memories, she wouldn't be emotionally affected at all. That said, previews can be misleading. Who knows, that scene of her crying on the streets might have come before her meeting with WY.

Then again, even if he doesn't take away her memories, some speculations suggest that a female Grim Reaper may come into the picture and wipe out Sunny's memories as a punishment for the GR and Sunny being together. @Princi_86 had earlier mentioned that a possible theory is that the female GR could be a reincarnation of the evil advisor's daughter who might want to prevent GR and Sunny from being together in this life, since evil advisor's daughter was supposed to have been the Queen (and hence with the King) in her past life. That's possible if that female GR has memories from her past life. Well, it's all pure speculation now, but meanwhile let's prepare ourselves for the heartbreaking episode tomorrow... this scene was just a few seconds long in the preview and I was already tearing up. Looking forward to seeing LDW execute another crying scene tomorrow brilliantly :tears:

Screenshot_1021.png

• Like 16

I can't back read so much but the episode was so good. I have to give it to the writer, she covered all her bases and we've got a solid plot here in this show. I loved the reappearance of Eunuch Ghost. Grim Reaper and Sunny, totally gutted me. He loves her and she loves him and yet their end is anything but Sunny.

I have a question. Shamshin granny gave Eun Tak cotton flower bouquet as a gift for graduation, what does the flower signify?? I know Koreans have meaning attached to each flower so what does it mean??

• Like 11

I am just stunned again. 11 episodes have passed and there still hasn't been one episode which hasn't blown me away! Today's episode was beautiful. Not only that, but even more stories will unfold in the next episode. 

I also hope that everyone who was a bit "let down" about KS not telling ET about the sword pulling/her death from the beginning saw that everything has a timing, and he chose to tell her on his own when the timing was right. I loved that it wasn't all "WHY DID YOU KEEP THIS FROM ME FOR SO LONG". She took her time to comprehend and she SHOWED him the uncertainty & agony she felt directly to him. I love that his response was that they will have to endure it together, he KNOWS, he's been living with that for 900 years! And then about ET trying to lighten the mood and summoning him for various funny reasons. LOVED it to bits  :heart:

But at the same time, today's episode also felt like preparing for death. So much will happen tomorrow. Not sure I can sleep today :| 

• Like 20

2 hours ago, ucylucy said:

Official MV for OST Part 10 Urban Zapaka's "Wish" for those who can't watch it on Naver

Edit: tvN YT video deleted. Re-post with twitter video. I guess tvN jumped the gun too early in releasing the MV when Part 10 OST is supposed to be release tomorrow on 1/8

thankkkk youuuuu chingu! :) I've been looking on youtube but none 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

The teacher was a reincarnation of the store owner Kim Shin saw in Joseon Era. While looking at the store owner /teacher, he saw three things :

• Students and parents who are taking photos/ groupies/selcas using their smartphones
  • Flower bouquet 
  • And that very particular blurry part which when the scene shifts back to future, that silhouette  was Eun Tak .

Kim Shin only realized such when after a 100 years or so, he met the store owner once again, as a teacher.

---------------------------

Among the angst in this episode , this scene stood out. Kim Go Eun made me cry once again. First was during the snow scene in episode 9 (when KS is forcing her to pull out the sword) and this. Her sobbing out of desperation and agony hit me home. This couple really struggles hardcore to be alive together.  Kim Shin also let Eun Tak think about it, to decide what is the best for them both, but in the end, both knew that they want to live for each other. 

I was quite a whiner in their first kiss in episode 10 when the director panned out the kissu scene . But then so called yellow - gold bokeh comes back after the hug. This manifest Kim Shin's happiness and love I think , for gold could mean   illumination, love, compassion, courage, passion, magic, and wisdom.  (source : Google-shi)

This scene made me almost cry, for the first time i saw Eun Tak so fragile and and her sobs. She really crying loud...

• Like 6

LOL 

Things got a little weird, but is the woman server from the historic period ET in the present?

Shin telling the guy to invest in smartphone was delightful.

:cry:I think the medicine scene is a misdirection.  
I think that Wang Yeo is beginning to realize that his family was being poisoned off. His refusal to have the Queen take medicine was an order to protect her disguised as a lack of caring.

:confused:The class president must have a greater piece in the story.  Right now I'm not sure what her role is.

ROTFLMAO

Stalker fail

lost the last part of the episode as the sound and picture fell out of sync around the time of the de-hat-itation.

Wang Yeo.

• Like 14

Im going to put my 2 cents on what I think is going to happen with KS-ET in the end. Just a quick outline. Not going to dive into GR-Sunny. Thats another whole story. 

ET somehow dies from something dramatic. 

KS is devastated and bury her.

We as viewers are going to be crying our eyes out. 

Years go by..... ET is reincarnated. since reincarnation is a big thing in this drama and JET herself said in ep. 11 if she dies she will be reincarnated and find KS again. 

KS knows ET reincarnated and he sets up a plan to meet ET in Quebec. 

We are shown the restaurant scene... A guys walks in...Sits down.. camera pans to KS being the famous "Deputy-nim". FINALLY WE KNOW WHO THIS DUDE IS!

KS and ET looking sweetly at each other.

We are shown flashbacks of reincarnated ET in Quebec.. KS has secretly been watching her all a long. They "accidentally" meet. 

Back in current time again, restaurant scene..

Camera gives us one last look of happiness..... The rest is history.

THE END.

-

THIS 100% WHAT I DON'T WANT TO HAPPEN.

I CANT ACCEPT THE FACT THAT JET WOULD FORGET HER PRECIOUS MEMORIES. I GUESS THEY CAN MAKE NEW MEMORIES..? I KNOW THEY ALREADY FILMED THE ENDING. 

p.s. I think Gong Yoo got a haircut. His locks seem a little shorter in this episode.

• Like 14

I feel the drama is too short for an hour 15 minutes... needs about 2 hours every episode...

1 hour ago, melonpark said:

Same! Would someone pls explain it to us, chingus? 

And by the way.... IS IT JUST ME OR DID GONG YOO LOOK EXTRA HANDSOME AND HAWT IN EPISODE 11?!?!?!?!

Yes he's look more and more handsome. Maybe because he's playing happy character now as we see the flowers bloom in winter :)

I really want to see Grim reaper smiling again he's so gloomy.... 

I think we wont see lovey dovey Eun Tak and Kim Shin in next episode until episode 15.. its going to be more and more intents conflict betwen few characters. No kiss until ep.16 :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

1 minute ago, vangsweetie637 said:

So, the girl GR must have committed a great sin to be a GR too. Hmmm..what could she have possibly done that was so great that she sinned huge enough to be a GR?

some assume that she is in the evil eunuch team back in Goryeo, since she is spotted in the Beginning episode in goryeo story.

Actually I also spot her in today episode, the one who brings the medicine for the Queen, anyone recognize? CMIIW

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, o--ILuvUKnow--o said:

some assume that she is in the evil eunuch team back in Goryeo, since she is spotted in the Beginning episode in goryeo story.

Actually I also spot her in today episode, the one who brings the medicine for the Queen, anyone recognize? CMIIW

But seeing she is a GR, her sin must have been bigger than evil eunuch. Evil eunuch is a scary looking ghost but she is a GR like the king. 

I haven't watched today's episode yet but since you mentioned it, i will look for the one who brings the meds to the Queen :D

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, hushhh said:

LOL 

Things got a little weird, but is the woman server from the historic period ET in the present?

Shin telling the guy to invest in smartphone was delightful.

:cry:I think the medicine scene is a misdirection.  
I think that Wang Yeo is beginning to realize that his family was being poisoned off. His refusal to have the Queen take medicine was an order to protect her disguised as a lack of caring.

ROTFLMAO

Stalker fail

lost the last part of the episode as the sound and picture fell out of sync around the time of the de-hat-itation.

Wang Yeo.

It's her teacher

Off to watch the subs now ... 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sunshine_Her said:

p.s. I think Gong Yoo got a haircut. His locks seem a little shorter in this episode.

Ah! I find someone who notice it too! I also saw something different with him in today episode, looks so fresh and more handsome :wub:

7 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

But seeing she is a GR, her sin must have been bigger than evil eunuch. Evil eunuch is a scary looking ghost but she is a GR like the king. 

I haven't watched today's episode yet but since you mentioned it, i will look for the one who brings the meds to the Queen :D

Ah good thinking! but maybe because evil eunuch is not fully "dead" like he never drink the grim reaper's tea, he is just merely a wandering ghost with a rooting anger from the past.

Maybe WY become GR after passing the 'tea' phase and God chose him to be one with looking from his sinful past (?), maybe if evil eunuch finally get caught by a GR he too will be a GR?

just my assumption :grimace:

• Like 9

If @packmule3 is right, just about every "clue" we are given is a "slight of mind/slight of perception" a way of hiding information in plain sight through misdirection the principal in the historic setting is interesting.

I'm reluctantly more flexible on the idea of Wang Yeo being Sunny or Weepy. P3's work is either bringing me around or weakening my prior conviction.

I am not interested in the mystery and predictive analysis so much as I am in the narrative sense and how well it stand up to being deconstructed in retrospect. [Actually sometimes i find predictive analysis can diminish my enjoyment]

So the scene with the principal/teacher in the historic period, why is it there?

Why is it worth the time and money to film? 

I think the obvious answer is to suggest that Goblin saw ET future before he knew her. Well it doesn't seem that significant.  Seeing her didn't do anything to him, or for him.  

The scene itself is funny but fluff.  

The only significant piece of information that came out of it happened before the time slip. To paraphrase Goblin, "People are rarely reincarnated with their former face."

Therefore, in imagine in P3 world, that is a warning not to get too attach to the  LDW's face in the historic period. 

5 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

It's her teacher

Off to watch the subs now ... 

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Sunshine_Her said:

Im going to put my 2 cents on what I think is going to happen with KS-ET in the end. Just a quick outline. Not going to dive into GR-Sunny. Thats another whole story. 

ET somehow dies from something dramatic. 

KS is devastated and bury her.

We as viewers are going to be crying our eyes out. 

Years go by..... ET is reincarnated. since reincarnation is a big thing in this drama and JET herself said in ep. 11 if she dies she will be reincarnated and find KS again. 

KS knows ET reincarnated and he sets up a plan to meet ET in Quebec. 

We are shown the restaurant scene... A guys walks in...Sits down.. camera pans to KS being the famous "Deputy-nim". FINALLY WE KNOW WHO THIS DUDE IS!

KS and ET looking sweetly at each other.

We are shown flashbacks of reincarnated ET in Quebec.. KS has secretly been watching her all a long. They "accidentally" meet. 

Back in current time again, restaurant scene..

Camera gives us one last look of happiness..... The rest is history.

THE END.

-

I CANT ACCEPT THE FACT THAT JET WOULD FORGET HER PRECIOUS MEMORIES. I GUESS THEY CAN MAKE NEW MEMORIES..? I KNOW THEY ALREADY FILMED THE ENDING. 

I really, really hope they don't go down the amnesia or reincarnation route. KS and ET are so cute together and have gone through a lot together so it would be a waste if they (or one of them) forgot it all and they had to start all over again. It almost feels as though having one or both of them forget and start all over would be a cop out of them facing challenges and enduring together.

• Like 18

53 minutes ago, Sunshine_Her said:

THE END.

-

If this happens I will live in denial forever...This CAN'T happen. It sounds very kdrama I wouldn't be surprised, but that would ruin everything for me :| 

• Like 9