[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

I've been wondering, did they change the bloody revenge ghost? She looks different to me (not to mention first wears dress/than jeans and red jacket). Oh I love it nevertheless, new ghost is more fun and have more expressions :):) Tried to post photo but failed haha

goblin_ghosts.png

goblin_ghosts2.png

Edited by ghosthunt
Images did not load

I'm so glad that news on this got out, because now more people know how hardworking and dedicated an actor he is. I'm so proud to be a fan of LDW.

Goblin writer Kim Eun Sook initially rejected Lee Dong Wook for grim reaper role

20170104_1973377_99_20170104115804.jpg

Naver - Maeil Kyungje: Lee Dong Wook almost never became grim reaper 

1. [+211, -3] I can't imagine anyone as grim reaper other than Lee Dong Wook.. I offer him a deep bow for not giving up

2. [+173, 0] Sending a round of applause for his passion for acting that doesn't make a distinction between a main and secondary lead. This drama has certainly put him on spotlight, I'm wishing him success!( From a huge fan )

3. [+159, 0] Woah, I was thinking that the casting lineup is art but he actually made it happen! ㅋㅋ Out of all the characters in Goblin, I really can't imagine anyone else as grim reaper..! Lee Dong Wook's a true actor. As a fan, I'm sad that he was treated in such a way.. He must be proud! So cool!

4. [+154, -4] He wanted the role but he got rejected, I didn't know ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ As a fan, I feel bad for him.. I hope writer Kim Eun Sook now acknowledges that Lee Dong Wook is a good fit for the role because he's also acknowledged by viewers!

5. [+123, 0] He matches the role.. I don't understand why he was rejected

6. [+58, 0] It wasn't even for the lead role but for an actor who's only done lead roles to wanna play a character so badly, he got rejected but appealed for it again. He's a true actor without any star disease. He has strong affection for acting, he's amazing. His agency's so nice to support him throughout. Lee Dong Wook's the best actor they could cast for grim reaper and I'm watching the drama for that reason

7. [+58, 0] Can't imagine anybody playing grim reaper other than Lee Dong Wook.. He has standout chemistry with everyone

8. [+57, 0] That's amazing of you for not giving up until the end. Thanks for playing grim reaper so well!

9. [+54, 0] His passion for his work is incredible

10. [+51, 0] Grim reaper = Lee Dong Wookㅠㅠㅠㅠ

http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.sg/2017/01/goblin-writer-kim-eun-sook-initially.html?m=1
  • Like 13

17 hours ago, jeijei said:

Previous write-ups mentioned that he had received a casting offer and considering it favorably, so this perspective is kind of surprising. What I know is that it's KES who had been rejected by Gong Yoo so many times before (it's easy to imagine him as DoTS' Big Boss) till she came up with this. But let's say this is indeed true and their press release back then was just a generic statement. Well, awwww. Honestly, there are other actors who fit the bill. Some that I can think of are Kang Dong Won (a family reunion and runway slayage with his Goblin cousin-in-law),  Song Jae Rim and Kim  Ji Han. But LDW sells the amnesiac reaper really well that this role makes people forget the abomination that is Blade Man. He suits this role, especially when he's melancholic. And that few-second appearance as king there at the end of the last ep succinctly shows why KES got convinced.

PS: It's really the front teeth, guys.

Reveal hidden contents

"I'm the shining one~ *flashes smile* You'll save up on light foundation because I already look deathly pale."

"Isn't this expression convincing enough, songsaengnim?" *signature puppy eyes x front teeth combo*

@jeijei actually when article about his possible casting has been out, he had Interview for magazine just in few weeks and his confirmation article came much more later. In that interview on reply to question why he has chosen to play secondary role after playing leads. He replied, that "Even 10 minutes of screen time can make you leave strong impression, like Anthony Hopkins did in "The silence of the lambs". When I have read Goblin's script I liked Grim Reaper's character a lot and felt I want to play it. the production company of Goblin is the same as Bubblegum, so I have applied fo the role. They have replied "Are you sure you wand and can play such a character?" Their reply made me want to take this role even more." There is no mentioning of writer directly but most likely after today's article it was she who rejected him. Why she did it? From various sources I know that GR'srole wasn't that big and important as we see now. In addition she used to take less known and establishet actors as a secondary lead. Did she have someone in mind already? It will be interesting to know. But have feeling that Wookie has received this role before she has made a clue whom she wants. I bet he met her and just convinced that he's ok to play secondary lead. And then we have seen news about how he inspires crew and cast with his passion and diligence in studying his character. And then KES said on press con that it was an honor for her that he has applied for this role. Do you think that Kang Dong Won would do the same? I mean apply to secondary role? Cos for sure KES won't castsuch a huge star as a secondary lead. Or Song Jae Rim? Do you imagine his chemistry with Gong Yoo in all their bromance scenes? But that's maybe what KES has planned initially - just to have brooding dark and sexy GR. Then yes, you can find other actors. But excuse me my bias hehe, I can't imagine Song Jae Rim bickering with Gong Yoo and being such a damn cool GR when he's working and such a dumb with technologies. I agree that Kang Dong Won could be an option (by the way Wookie and KDW shares a lot of same fans in Korea), but I doubt he would go for secondary role.

I'm curious as well if she had in mind someone else and who. I hope she'll tell us in some interviews after Goblin.

I'm tagging here @winterdew and @Puppywookie cos you guys have brought this topic as well here.

And again some news on this part (btw in Korean article is said that she has initially rejected and not that she has rejected multiple times, like Allkpop has translated):

Goblin writer Kim Eun Sook initially rejected Lee Dong Wook for grim reaper role

1. [+211, -3] I can't imagine anyone as grim reaper other than Lee Dong Wook.. I offer him a deep bow for not giving up

2. [+173, 0] Sending a round of applause for his passion for acting that doesn't make a distinction between a main and secondary lead. This drama has certainly put him on spotlight, I'm wishing him success!( From a huge fan )

3. [+159, 0] Woah, I was thinking that the casting lineup is art but he actually made it happen! ㅋㅋ Out of all the characters in Goblin, I really can't imagine anyone else as grim reaper..! Lee Dong Wook's a true actor. As a fan, I'm sad that he was treated in such a way.. He must be proud! So cool!

4. [+154, -4] He wanted the role but he got rejected, I didn't know ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ As a fan, I feel bad for him.. I hope writer Kim Eun Sook now acknowledges that Lee Dong Wook is a good fit for the role because he's also acknowledged by viewers!

6. [+58, 0] It wasn't even for the lead role but for an actor who's only done lead roles to wanna play a character so badly, he got rejected but appealed for it again. He's a true actor without any star disease. He has strong affection for acting, he's amazing. His agency's so nice to support him throughout. Lee Dong Wook's the best actor they could cast for grim reaper and I'm watching the drama for that reason

7. [+58, 0] Can't imagine anybody playing grim reaper other than Lee Dong Wook.. He has standout chemistry with everyone

8. [+57, 0] That's amazing of you for not giving up until the end. Thanks for playing grim reaper so well!

• Like 15

5 hours ago, packmule3 said:

It might not have been as funny as a desperate man looking for the restroom, but the audience got it.

But I didn't get it until I read your marvelous post :sweatingbullets:. I think I need to rewatch that episode AGAIN :phew:

• Like 6

@princess nour90 do you know is that fan club of Gong Yoo who'll do food support today or some celeb? I know he'll receive food support today done by the same agency as we're dealing with. We have planned food support for Friday, but suddenly the schedule has changed and Wookie's agency suggested to do it today, but food truck has been booked already for today for GY support. So I wonder if it's fans or celeb. If fans then they're more lucky than we. Oh. Their schedule is so though and changes so rapidly and it's so hard for international fans to do food support. :crazy:

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, Princi_86 said:

@jeijei actually when article about his possible casting has been out, he had Interview for magazine just in few weeks and his confirmation article came much more later. In that interview on reply to question why he has chosen to play secondary role after playing leads. He replied, that "Even 10 minutes of screen time can make you leave strong impression, like Anthony Hopkins did in "The silence of the lambs". When I have read Goblin's script I liked Grim Reaper's character a lot and felt I want to play it. the production company of Goblin is the same as Bubblegum, so I have applied fo the role. They have replied "Are you sure you wand and can play such a character?" Their reply made me want to take this role even more." There is no mentioning of writer directly but most likely after today's article it was she who rejected him. Why she did it? From various sources I know that GR'srole wasn't that big and important as we see now. In addition she used to take less known and establishet actors as a secondary lead. Did she have someone in mind already? It will be interesting to know. But have feeling that Wookie has received this role before she has made a clue whom she wants. I bet he met her and just convinced that he's ok to play secondary lead. And then we have seen news about how he inspires crew and cast with his passion and diligence in studying his character. And then KES said on press con that it was an honor for her that he has applied for this role. Do you think that Kang Dong Won would do the same? I mean apply to secondary role? Cos for sure KES won't castsuch a huge star as a secondary lead. Or Song Jae Rim? Do you imagine his chemistry with Gong Yoo in all their bromance scenes? But that's maybe what KES has planned initially - just to have brooding dark and sexy GR. Then yes, you can find other actors. But excuse me my bias hehe, I can't imagine Song Jae Rim bickering with Gong Yoo and being such a damn cool GR when he's working and such a dumb with technologies. I agree that Kang Dong Won could be an option (by the way Wookie and KDW shares a lot of same fans in Korea), but I doubt he would go for secondary role.

I'm curious as well if she had in mind someone else and who. I hope she'll tell us in some interviews after Goblin.

I'm tagging here @winterdew and @Puppywookie cos you guys have brought this topic as well here.

And again some news on this part (btw in Korean article is said that she has initially rejected and not that she has rejected multiple times, like Allkpop has translated):

Actually after I read the article he had been rejected multiple times, my heart really really hurt as his fan. I thought he had only been rejected once. I actually felt quite bad before I went to bed at night that how the world can be so cruel and cold. How must he have felt like at the time? The feeling of being smaller than an ant in the Kdrama industry? I felt like he was physically slapped in the face 10 times.

It turns out even the CEO of King Kong went to plead with KES. I talked to my husband about this yesterday (haha yes the jealous one) he said to be an actor, you really got to have no face and have really thick skin to audition. Perhaps it is in Hollywood more of an audition process whereas Korea the writer already selects the actors. But to be rejected multiple times.....that is like a sword pushing into your ego, especially when he has so much experience and just taking a second lead role.  I think I read somewhere after My Girl, he got a lot of offers to play rich male heirs but turned them down because he was looking for more juicy characters like that in La Dolce Vita which was a guy in a four triangle relationship, going after a married woman 10 times his age. So even when he was at his peak of popularity, he was choosing roles more for acting then for popularity.

He has always remained humble and never saw himself as a big shot, in BTS bubble gum he even picks up the props for the stage staff. You can tell with some other current big shots in the industry, they are really full of themselves, buying multi-million dollar homes and in one billion CFs and gets to their head, but Lee Dong Wook was always sincere that he was in it for the acting and as a small boy his dreams was to be an actor. I think all the actors who have worked with him, both his seniors and juniors can feel his passion for acting and not for money. I think he has a really big heart. He is willing to sacrifice for his craft.

To be honest, I think KES had asked him to be more cute, so he had toned down his acting to be shy. But various elements of the bromance and the humor was his input into the character, it was really him. So he had the difficult task to satisfy her and then put his own take into the character at the same time. It kind of reminds me of Johnny Depp on this first day of work at Pirates of the Caribbean, everyone thought he was crazy and drunk, but his passion for the character and new take on it as rock and roll cool made people love the character.

• Like 20

2 hours ago, aurelly said:

KGE in Bazaar :wub:

Reveal hidden contents

Look, a lot of fans. Thanks to them, we could see live report from IG  :sweatingbullets:

Cr to Owner

come to ajushiiiii

he is so fine damn good looking,he ages perfectly

Edited by LyraYoo
offtopic photo
  • Like 13

19 minutes ago, aurelly said:

KGE in Bazaar :wub:

Reveal hidden contents

Look, a lot of fans. Thanks to them, we could see live report from IG  :sweatingbullets:

Cr to Owner

she is the definition of natural beauty :wub:

and sweet mother lord those fans whoa :blink: that's another prove of how damn popular the drama is :glasses: one more day!!

shintak couple

tumblr_oitg97uVpW1qgw362o2_540.jpg 

pic cre : kukixkuki @ tumblr

• Like 19

1 hour ago, LoveBangWon said:

STILSS WANG YEO (good looking king :P)

source:

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000690824

Wang Yeo aka Hot King !! omg

the hottest king of all Goryeo history :grin:

my heart skips a beat when I see these stills :dizzy::heart: I cannot !!

once again kudos to Goblin stylists team hahaha I thank you with all of my heart

his aura is so different with GR Wang Yeo

that incredible acting  

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 15