[Drama 2017] The Liar and His Lover, 그녀는 거짓말을 너무 사랑해 - Lee Hyun Woo, Joy

Chi Le

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to all chingus...thanks for all the updates and videos. I'm waiting for this. I want to see if it's gonna be the same style as the J-movie which I've seen twice. In the original male lead is cold aloof/  barely smiles... while the female lead  is high school girl crushing for the lead. In the original Takeru Sato looks older.  In this version-  LHW is younger looking whilst it's the opposite for the female lead. Hope  writing and acting is good as well as the cinematography.  Also hope to hear good ost for this.

On 3/15/2017 at 7:18 AM, LavelyShai said:

Just dropping by to say I'm excited for this. I want it to do well, it's Joy's first drama role and I want the best for Lee Hyun Woo. I'm also surprised no one posted the press conference pics. 

Here are some: 

@LavelyShai@oh_ALMOND Thank you for the photos and updates.  Also waiting for this. Not familiar with female lead. But I'm going to watch this.  :)

Spoiler

the liar & his lover press con:

Spoiler

how joy got the role:

Spoiler

cast message to audience:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Red Velvet’s Joy And Lee Hyun Woo Say Their Chemistry Is Off The Charts In “The Liar And His Lover”

Spoiler

Lee Hyun Woo Red Velvet Joy

Lee Hyun Woo, Red Velvet’s Joy, Lee Jung Jin, Lee Seo Won, Hong Seo Young, and PD Kim Jin Min attended the press conference of tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “The Liar and His Lover” on March 14.

When asked about their chemistry, Lee Hyun Woo and Joy gave themselves a perfect 100 score, and the idol added, “When we had our first script run through, I had a hard time looking Lee Hyun Woo in the eye because I was shy. But he treated me warmly, and helped me really get into character. That’s why I think our chemistry is off the charts.”

Lee Hyun Woo also spoke of their partnership and said, “When I first saw Joy, I thought she was so cute. She told me she found it difficult to approach me because I looked so innocent.” He also stated, “I could feel the trust in Joy’s eyes when she looked at me while filming. Though I was nervous on set, I found myself getting lost in her eyes.”

Hearing this, Lee Jung Jin joked, “I guess this is a press conference to announce their relationship.”

He also chimed in, “I recently asked Lee Hyun Woo if the two of them are actually dating. I think there’s going to be a dating rumor about these two by the end of the drama. That’s how good their chemistry is.”

“The Liar and His Lover” is set to begin airing on March 20.

Lee Hyun Woo shares advice on acting in 'Grazia'

Spoiler

lee-hyun-woo

Returning to the small screen after a year with tvN's new drama 'The Liar and His Lover', actor Lee Hyun Woo posed for fashion magazine 'Grazia.'

The photoshoot took on the concept of 'A Day In the Life of a Genius Composer' as his concept for the particular photo shoot, also talking about the reason for his comeback to the small screen, because of director Kim Jin Min. "When I first met with the director, I really wanted to work on this project. I thought maybe I could learn a lot from this, you know like a life mentor of some kind. Thanks to him I am not only learning but enjoying acting as well," he said. 

About his continuous offers to play the role of a young boy, the actor commented, "I wanted to act as a manly character in the past. However, I feel like now is the only time to present my current self. I want to do the best I can in any given situation."

When asked what his favorite quote or advice was, Lee Hyun Woo responded, "Through this project, I learned not to get too carried away with complements. Director Kim and senior actor Choi Min Soo mentioned that people are always longing to hear compliments so don't rely too much on such things. Though succeeding as an actor is important, I think spending time with people and bringing them happiness is just as crucial."

Lee Hyun Woo And Red Velvet’s Joy Sweetly Describe Their First Impressions Of Each Other

Spoiler

red velvet joy lee hyun woo 2

Actor Lee Hyun Woo and Red Velvet’s Joy show off their sunny chemistry in a photo shoot for their upcoming drama “The Liar and His Lover.”

The tvN show revealed clips of the two co-stars from behind-the-scenes of their poster pictorial.

In the video, Lee Hyun Woo and Joy were cheerful and chummy together while playing with bubbles on the set of the photo shoot.

During their break, the two would joke around playfully blow bubbles together. They were just as friendly when they posed for the shoot, where they lovingly smiled and gazed into each other’s eyes.

Spoiler

red velvet joy lee hyun woo

In his interview, Joy described her first impression of Lee Hyun Woo, “He makes good eye contact and warms up the atmosphere.”

Lee Hyun Woo also shared what he first thought of his co-star and said, “She looked kind. She was just like [her character in the drama] So Rim.”

When he spoke about Joy, he teasingly referred to her as “Ms. Joy” and burst into laughter, showing how much closer the two have become.

Catch Joy and Lee Hyun Woo’s refreshing romance on the music drama “The Liar and His Lover” when it first airs on March 20!

Joy and Lee Hyun Woo put on an array of expressions in teaser making clip for 'The Liar and His Lover'!

Both the lead actor and actress are tasked with putting on an array of different emotions for their very close-up shots, from a natural, bright smile to a sort of sad, but hopeful smile. 

While filming for the teaser scene where Joy is running late for a date with Lee Hyun Woo, she cutely complains that the guitar on her back keeps hitting her in the back of her head, and more!

Spoiler

Joy Lee Hyun Woo The Liar and his Lover

Watch: Lee Hyun Woo Stutters His Way Into A Lie To Hide Identity From Red Velvet’s Joy In New Trailer Video

tvN has revealed another trailer for its upcoming drama “The Liar and His Lover,” featuring Red Velvet’s Joy and Lee Hyun Woo!

In the latest teaser, Lee Hyun Woo and Joy’A montage of scenes continue as a key moment is shown, where Joy (as Yoon So Rim) asks Lee Hyun Woo, “Are you a composer?” Taken aback, he immediately lies to her, “I’m nobody,” successfully hiding his identity as famous songwriter Kang Han Kyul.s first meeting is shown, as a voiceover talks about Lee Hyun Woo as “a producer who really respects his artists,” but not before Joy thinks that she found someone to like.

Spoiler

Archived