[Official] GOBLIN COUPLE | Kim Go Eun x Gong Yoo

Emily Bett

1 hour ago, yonjo said:

Did she change management when she started dating the guy? A reckless move on her part don't you guys think? Kind of like deciding to have a joint bank account,  when you're still months into dating?  Anyhow, though I get giddy reading all of our fan theories here I've decided to not get too excited and start taking  things at face value. I have to stop nitpicking all the details, existent or non existent -_- I must admit it's quite hard for me.  

She was in another agency before but after she starred in a movie a coin locker girl and her contract ended, she transferred company.., people guessed that her co star kim hye soo influence her to join her management which also same management with the ajussi.

• Like 9

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting in this thread. I like this couple so much and am glad that I found this thread to ship them together with you all :D

One thing that I noticed, there seems to be a GongYoo's signature kissing method. The actress in the film will jumped on him and he kissed while carrying her. I noticed this in coffee prince, a man and a women and now goblin. Is this his signature? Haha... :lol:

• Like 9

7 hours ago, deara said:

@122am it was hilarious ep. The reason he've been captured  in jail lol 

as my comment earlier if KGE and GY become a couple, with all their intimates scene they did on Goblin... the kisses, beside his movie a Man and a woman sex scene... i dont know what to say.. lol you can imagine it by your self :lol:

i could say,..Lucky KGE :D:D

She will be "blessed"!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, autumn93 said:

Being a woman in the entertainment industry sucks, especially so if we're talking about the Korean entertainment industry. Women get the short end of the stick with regards to just about everything and are usually the ones who carry the brunt of the blame when anything goes wrong....a la Kim Go Eun and the CITT fiasco. Even when it came to Goblin, she was the one who suffered the most criticism out of the entire cast. So if anything were to happen now to her relationship, public sentiment will most likely not be on her side. If she were to ever be in a relationship with Gong Yoo, public sentiment will again most likely not be on her side. 

What I love about Gong Yoo (one of many reasons), and his relationship with Go Eun, is that he seems to be hyper-aware of this fact that there is a highly unfair double standard in this industry (drama more than film). He's constantly praising Go Eun as a means to counteract all of the negativity that she receives because he knows she has a bigger burden to carry as the female lead than he does as the male lead. He appreciates her acting and beauty and he wants her to know it and wishes the audience would give her a chance to see those things as well. 

Exhibit A:  At the press conference there were many adorable moments but my favorite has got to be when Gong Yoo brought up how it is *his* pleasure to be working with Go Eun and not the other way around (as the media and just about every other Netizen would like to say).

(She's so thankful and happy about his statement. They were both shining.)

Exhibit B: His affection for her in all the bts material and his willingness to do as she asks (a la shirt tugging moments), while getting teased by her mercilessly.

giphy.gif

Exhibit C: Although he used her character's name, Gong Yoo's fan cafe message instead read to me as a wish that fans would continue to give Go Eun love and support in all of her "lifetimes"/productions to come. 

My 2 cents ^^

giphy.gif

(I love that little smile, nod Gong Yoo does towards the end)

Oh my goodness this!! At the very least and I say this as objectively as my shipper brain would allow me, Gong Yoo is quite fond of her, though as to what extent,  remains to be seen. To speak so boldly of her as an actress and the privilege of working with her,  is very admirable indeed. It's what made me ship them in the first place. He stood up for her (though he didn't need to) and did his best to keep her at ease (that subtle gesture of putting his arm around her as the press furiously clicked their cameras?) . And I think not many of his co actresses ever received that gesture. Perhaps all of us are projecting a bit of our fantasies in Go Eun( or maybe that's just me lol) to be admired by someone like Gong Yoo, despite what the korean industry dictates.

• Like 21

Wonder if KGE saved the the country in her past life to be able to get GY to do whatever she wants him to do. I need to know her secret. I'm laughing at him being like no thanks to the mic but taking it anyway.

Also, here's fellow fan girl KES enjoying KGE getting GY to do what she wants. She turns away to laugh. Come on KES get your writer friends to write movies and cast KGE and GY.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, autumn93 said:

Being a woman in the entertainment industry sucks, especially so if we're talking about the Korean entertainment industry. Women get the short end of the stick with regards to just about everything and are usually the ones who carry the brunt of the blame when anything goes wrong....a la Kim Go Eun and the CITT fiasco. Even when it came to Goblin, she was the one who suffered the most criticism out of the entire cast. So if anything were to happen now to her relationship, public sentiment will most likely not be on her side. If she were to ever be in a relationship with Gong Yoo, public sentiment will again most likely not be on her side. 

What I love about Gong Yoo (one of many reasons), and his relationship with Go Eun, is that he seems to be hyper-aware of this fact that there is a highly unfair double standard in this industry (drama more than film). He's constantly praising Go Eun as a means to counteract all of the negativity that she receives because he knows she has a bigger burden to carry as the female lead than he does as the male lead. He appreciates her acting and beauty and he wants her to know it and wishes the audience would give her a chance to see those things as well. 

Exhibit A:  At the press conference there were many adorable moments but my favorite has got to be when Gong Yoo brought up how it is *his* pleasure to be working with Go Eun and not the other way around (as the media and just about every other Netizen would like to say).

(She's so thankful and happy about his statement. They were both shining.)

Exhibit B: His affection for her in all the bts material and his willingness to do as she asks (a la shirt tugging moments), while getting teased by her mercilessly.

Exhibit C: Although he used her character's name, Gong Yoo's fan cafe message instead read to me as a wish that fans would continue to give Go Eun love and support in all of her "lifetimes"/productions to come. 

My 2 cents ^^

(I love that little smile, nod Gong Yoo does towards the end)

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS POST :heart:

it's true tho, in every BTS GY and GE was, they are not affraid to show the affection to each other, knowing GE already with HWSBD. at the wrap up party, at first GY kinda a little bit hesistant to do the summon thing, but when GE wants it plus with the "tugging shirt" and GE said "anja" or something like that, GY just like the cutest puppy and just do what GE said B) *maybe i'm delulu but maaaan, that happened tho*

now i can't wait for their Phuket trip! hope there's alot of GY-GE moments in there :wub:

here "anja"

tumblr_ok8bjaNqxU1saq1w0o1_400.gif

gif not mine

• Like 20

@autumn93 But Gong Yoo is also extremely cautious and is dead set on keeping a line between his public self and his private one.. I think Go Eun's first IG post means she feels secured enough that others won't misconstrue.  Though Go Eun dear, might I suggest a more casual one next time? :wink: 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, yonjo said:

To speak so boldly of her as an actress and the privilege of working with her,  is very admirable indeed. It's what made me ship them in the first place. He stood up for her (though he didn't need to) and did his best to keep her at ease (that subtle gesture of putting his arm around her as the press furiously clicked their cameras?) .

Exactly! Even if they only remain as friends, I'm still very thankful a highly regarded actor like Gong Yoo is sticking out for Go Eun in his own subtle (sometimes overt) way. Most people would overlook that, but I'm sure it means a lot to her. I'm not joking when I say that it hurt reading online comments about GE. That's precisely why I'm so thrilled that she got a nice little support system going on with the Goblin cast. I hope she gets to work with other awesome people in future roles. The girl needs all the positivity and support she can get.

Edited by housesofcards
  • Like 20

Seeing as how GY is already 37-38, he has experienced a lot throughout his acting career. 

He strikes me as being very private and the type of man who would not expose his significant other (until the day he announces his marriage  on his fan-cafe) 

I think I will hold close the moments in the drama and BTS which seem to indicate a fondness they have for each other. And quietly ship them until the day comes when one of them makes an announcement. 

Anyway, we still have the two special episodes (which shouldn't be recaps. I demand BTS!) as well as their Phuket trip coming up. 

• Like 17

41 minutes ago, housesofcards said:

Exactly! Even if they only remain as friends, I'm still very thankful a highly regarded actor like Gong Yoo is sticking out for Go Eun in his own subtle (sometimes overt) way. Most people would overlook that, but I'm sure it means a lot to her. I'm not joking when I say that it hurt reading online comments about GE. That's precisely why I'm so thrilled that she got a nice little support system going on with the Goblin cast. I hope she gets to work with other awesome people in future roles. The girl needs all the positivity and support she can get.

Did you know what i found on youtube, a korean (i don't know if he or she) admited they made a joke about GE's face/looks, they said GE looks like Psy (gangnam style singer). And he/she was said it was like nothing matter. I dont know what else they're make a fun about her. maybe worst.

I told her/him make fun about someone looks or appearance is bad attitude. If the person has strong personality it wont matter but if he/she has confidence issue it will make it worst. People are so ignorant.. 

And i did read a lots hurtful comment about her in (no need to mention thread's name :)) After she's got pick as mainlead in Goblin before Goblin aired. it's sad me, i wasnt her fans at the time but why people become so judgmental when they didnt know anything about her... it makes me curious wants to know her more and now i like everything about her.

Seeing her in wrap party so happy was good, they're all love her treated her like lil sister spoiled her with attention and that so great.

About her management, i heard she has problem with her first management like they didn't support her etc...( i dont know if it's true, if i'm wrong please let me know) so it's like she's been escaped from lion's cage but now she's in tiger's cage (about this HSWBD thingy).... i feel bad for her

I won't doubt if they are dating, GY will stand for her defending her from haters or his scary fanatic fans. He has a lots experience in this industry he knows how bad this industry can be. beside, when he finally find the one he's been looking for, he will become braver for her (as he mention become braver on interview) :)

• Like 13