Broadcast Period: January 9, 2017

Replacing: When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情

Cast:

Li Yi Tong

William Yang Xu Wen

Zoey Meng Zi Yi

Chen Xing Xu

Synopsis:

The story is set in the Song dynasty and at the beginning of the Jurchen-ruled Jin dynasty's invasion of northern China. The first part revolves around the friendship of two men, Yang Tiexin and Guo Xiaotian, who became heroes in their own right as they fought the Jin invaders. The bond between the duo is so strong that they pledge to each other that their unborn children will become either be sworn siblings (if both are of the same sex) or a married couple (if they are of opposite sexes).
The story focuses on the trials and tribulations of their sons after Guo Xiaotian's death and Yang Tiexin's disappearance.

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Legend of the Condor Heroes 射雕英雄传 Raw Episodes

I've watched the first 8 episodes. I love this adaptation, not overdoing the CGI and the pace of the story was really good. The fact that the actors and actress are not well known (to me), it is a nice revelation.  Wish there are people subbing this.

I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised that there's so little activity on this thread seeing that it isn't subbed BUT it really needs to be subbed because it's actually quite good. I know we're all suffering from Jin Yong and Condor Heroes fatigue but I like this version a lot. The pacing is good and I've enjoyed the Mongolia arc quite a bit. The lad that plays Guo Jing is suitably slow on the uptake but he's very sweet. I've only just seen Huang Rong trying to sponge off him.

I've seen about 5 episodes now and I'm so tempted to keep going but it's Chinese New Year tomorrow and for the first time in a very long time, I'm actually going to do some cooking for it.

35 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised that there's so little activity on this thread seeing that it isn't subbed BUT it really needs to be subbed because it's actually quite good. I know we're all suffering from Jin Yong and Condor Heroes fatigue but I like this version a lot. The pacing is good and I've enjoyed the Mongolia arc quite a bit. The lad that plays Guo Jing is suitably slow on the uptake but he's very sweet. I've only just seen Huang Rong trying to sponge off him.

I've seen about 5 episodes now and I'm so tempted to keep going but it's Chinese New Year tomorrow and for the first time in a very long time, I'm actually going to do some cooking for it.

there is no sign of subtitles :( i looked on drama fever ad viki , so far nothing sadly.

there might not be subtitles soon 

Let's hope someone picks this up soon. It's so much fun and the martial arts is wonderful to watch. I wonder if the Jianghu fansubbers will take it up. They did an excellent job with Yi Tian Tu Long Ji (2009) and wuxia is right up their alley.

I'm up to Ep. 11 now and I'm really enjoying the dynamic of the leads. I love how they complement each other so well. She's the intelligent, cunning one while he's the courageous, straight arrow who's a little slow at picking up martial arts. But I don't think he's as dumb as he's often labelled. He's mainly just overly honest and simple-minded. But it's clear that he needs her to navigate the shark-infested waters of jianghu. :D

I like this version more than the 2008 version which I fast-forwarded through a lot of. I do like Ariel Lin and Hu Ge in other things but I dunno, they didn't do it for me as Huang Rong and Guo Jing.

The other thing I like about this story is the contrastive set up of GJ and Yang Kang. The playing out of the nature vs nurture theme seems a tad simplistic at times but it's clear that Jing Yong has fun with it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on ep 24 of this drama and I'm really liking it so far I think its the best adaption Ive seen of LOCH. Michael Miu is so awesome as Huang Yaoshi so far he has been the best one from the remakes of this drama. He is fav character in this drama he has such a strong/badass presence. The only miscasting I see as of now is Yang Kang for some reason he just doesn't fit the role I cant quite put my finger on it. But as soon as I see him I have to fast forward the scenes. The leads are really cute and the guy playing Guo Jing fits the role pretty well. You guys should give this drama a try cause the martial arts, scenery and acting is pretty good. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
14 hours ago, angelangie said:

lols usually i dont depend on sub......and this is not a version i would watch either lols

anyway i check out the sub for both you posted.....they are about the same... :) 

This will be the first version i check out will do other's after ill just go for either one i suppose ;p 

Archived