Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Legend of the Condor Heroes 射雕英雄传

8 hours ago, Wotad said:

I dont speak Chinese so hard to tell ;p

The first one seems more clearer subs but im unsure ;p 

lols usually i dont depend on sub......and this is not a version i would watch either lols

anyway i check out the sub for both you posted.....they are about the same... :) 

Oh my .. Legend of Condor Heroes 2017, one of my most favourite adaptations of all time :wub:

I really love this one :heart::heart::heart:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Oh my .. Legend of Condor Heroes 2017, one of my most favourite adaptations of all time :wub:

I really love this one :heart::heart::heart:

i prefer the one with Ariel & HuGe :) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i prefer the one with Ariel & HuGe :) 

Oh..yeah, different taste I guess :P

I dont really like that one. I prefer Hu Ge in Chinese Paladin . And I love the fighting scenes in here more, felt more natural. Although, here, sometimes the pacing is a bit too fast..but still okay for me

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Oh..yeah, different taste I guess :P

I dont really like that one. I prefer Hu Ge in Chinese Paladin . And I love the fighting scenes in here more, felt more natural. Although, here, sometimes the pacing is a bit too fast..but still okay for me

i skip this one lols...... :)

maybe cause i like Ariel :) 

• LOL 1

19 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i skip this one lols...... :)

maybe cause i like Ariel :) 

Yeah, this one has unknown casts. At that time, Li Yi Tong was basically a very new actress.

I really like this one ;) . I love most of the casts, from the young ones to the older ones. This is how I knew Li Yitong, and I've been checking her dramas ever since (I don't watch them all, though ) . Yang Xuwen is good too. I just wish that they used more natural color, instead of a bright one like this. People may think that it is a fantasy or an idol drama, while it's actually a serious one. Yeah, it follows the novel quite closely and the pacing is pretty quick, unless for the 2nd leads' story, so perhaps is not for people who are bored with the original story and want something with more 'creativity'. And, the fighting scenes is quite fantastic with the not so-big budget that they had. The Mongolian scenes are done quite well too.

14 hours ago, angelangie said:

lols usually i dont depend on sub......and this is not a version i would watch either lols

anyway i check out the sub for both you posted.....they are about the same... :) 

This will be the first version i check out will do other's after ill just go for either one i suppose ;p 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, Wotad said:

This will be the first version i check out will do other's after ill just go for either one i suppose ;p 

Be prepared. There are many versions of it :joy: .. not to mention the continuations and their adaptations :joy:

• LOL 1

46 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Be prepared. There are many versions of it :joy: .. not to mention the continuations and their adaptations :joy:

Yeah i think there is another one in 2019 lmfao why so many .

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Wotad said:

they kept re-filming them

15 minutes ago, angelangie said:

they kept re-filming them

Well ill do the 2017 one and see if i like it , will just do 1080p ver due to better quality. 

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, Wotad said:

The ones in 2019 are not Legend of Condor Heroes(1st trilogy). They are the continuation of LOCH, that is Return of Condor Heroes (2nd trilogy) and Heaven Sword of Dragon Sabre (3rd trilogy). Each of these stories has several adaptations already before this.

FYI, ROCH is closely connected to LOCH, where the hero's background story is told in LOCH. HSDS's story is more loosely connected than the other two, so it's safe to watch it without watching the first 2 stories. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rhaps said:

The ones in 2019 are not Legend of Condor Heroes(1st trilogy). They are the continuation of LOCH, that is Return of Condor Heroes (2nd trilogy) and Heaven Sword of Dragon Sabre (3rd trilogy). Each of these stories has several adaptations already before this.

FYI, ROCH is closely connected to LOCH, where the hero's background story is told in LOCH. HSDS's story is more loosely connected than the other two, so it's safe to watch it without watching the first 2 stories. 

So confusing.. 

SO if i watch 2017 then return of condor hero's and then heaven sword?? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wotad said:

So confusing.. 

SO if i watch 2017 then return of condor hero's and then heaven sword?? 

yes....

2017 is the beginning of all things....then following by Return of the Condor Heroes and then Heaven Sword....

however there is a version of ROCH that got alot of complain which was star by ChenXiao & Michelle now husband & wife (2015 version)

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes....

2017 is the beginning of all things....then following by Return of the Condor Heroes and then Heaven Sword....

however there is a version of ROCH that got alot of complain which was star by ChenXiao & Michelle now husband & wife (2015 version)

Exactly like @angelangie said.

The Condor trilogy consists of :

- LOCH  -> has many different versions / adaptations

- ROCH -> has many different versions / adaptations

- HSDS -> has many different versions / adaptations

If you watch LOCH 2017, then LOCH 2008, LOCH 2003, etc , then you are basically watching the same story, but with different interpretations.

If you want to watch the continuation of LOCH, then you can watch ROCH first, then HSDS. If you directly jump to HSDS, then it is still easier to understand, because HSDS tells a story of a generation that is far from LOCH and ROCH. But, in order to watch ROCH, it is better to watch LOCH first, because the characters in LOCH are still alive in ROCH, and many events there is a continuation from LOCH.

The ROCH that got complaint (2014 version) is because it wrongly describes the iconic character of the Female Lead, plus giving unnecessary romance to every character, including the senior ones. Basically, it is not the version that will be recommended by many fans, despite having beautiful casts. Or, perhaps you can wait until the new ROCH is aired (this year?), although I don't know whether it'll be good or not.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

The ROCH that got complaint (2014 version) is because it wrongly describes the iconic character of the Female Lead, plus giving unnecessary romance to every character, including the senior ones. Basically, it is not the version that will be recommended by many fans, despite having beautiful casts. Or, perhaps you can wait until the new ROCH is aired (this year?), although I don't know whether it'll be good or not.

my brother enjoy this version though lols....he was involve with the YangGuo and GuGu that he was happy when they got married for real :D 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

my brother enjoy this version though lols....he was involve with the YangGuo and GuGu that he was happy when they got married for real :D 

Perhaps your brother hasnt read the novel, nor has watched the previous adaptations? *LOL* . I dont like the ML either, actually ..but the FL is a bigger mis-interpretation :P . I also have problems with the directing. Basically, Yu Zheng got a lot of bashing because of this :D

• LOL 1

13 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Perhaps your brother hasnt read the novel, nor has watched the previous adaptations? *LOL* . I dont like the ML either, actually ..but the FL is a bigger mis-interpretation :P . I also have problems with the directing. Basically, Yu Zheng got a lot of bashing because of this :D

usually im the opposite....sometimes when ppl bash i will go for it.....and to be honest i quite like that version....ChenXiao is pretty much over the top a little on certain thing and one thing that i dislike the most was the hands got chop off it was really very fakey lols....

however i like Michelle portrayal in this adaption...it is pretty much a very different Xiao  LongNv which was the usual cool demeanor we are so use to it.....something cute and naively cute....instead of the usual cool and naive mixture we are use to....

• LOL 1

3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

usually im the opposite....sometimes when ppl bash i will go for it.....and to be honest i quite like that version....ChenXiao is pretty much over the top a little on certain thing and one thing that i dislike the most was the hands got chop off it was really very fakey lols....

however i like Michelle portrayal in this adaption...it is pretty much a very different Xiao  LongNv which was the usual cool demeanor we are so use to it.....something cute and naively cute....instead of the usual cool and naive mixture we are use to....

Yeah, her portrayal is different.  Well,.. it's an iconic character, but her version is different with how Xiao Long Nu is supposed to be

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 10:33 AM, rhaps said:

Yeah, her portrayal is different.  Well,.. it's an iconic character, but her version is different with how Xiao Long Nu is supposed to be

yup gotta agreed, very much the different however we cant really blame her....it the production that wanted something different too :) 

• Like 1