Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Legend of the Condor Heroes 射雕英雄传


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

i prefer the one with Ariel & HuGe :) 

Oh..yeah, different taste I guess :P

I dont really like that one. I prefer Hu Ge in Chinese Paladin . And I love the fighting scenes in here more, felt more natural. Although, here, sometimes the pacing is a bit too fast..but still okay for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Details: Chinese title: 射雕英雄传English title: Legend of the Condor Heroes Genre: Ancient, Action, Romance Episodes: 52 Director:  Broadcast Period: January 9, 2017 Replacin

19 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

i skip this one lols...... :)

 

maybe cause i like Ariel :) 

Yeah, this one has unknown casts. At that time, Li Yi Tong was basically a very new actress.

 

I really like this one ;) . I love most of the casts, from the young ones to the older ones. This is how I knew Li Yitong, and I've been checking her dramas ever since (I don't watch them all, though ) . Yang Xuwen is good too. I just wish that they used more natural color, instead of a bright one like this. People may think that it is a fantasy or an idol drama, while it's actually a serious one. Yeah, it follows the novel quite closely and the pacing is pretty quick, unless for the 2nd leads' story, so perhaps is not for people who are bored with the original story and want something with more 'creativity'. And, the fighting scenes is quite fantastic with the not so-big budget that they had. The Mongolian scenes are done quite well too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

lols usually i dont depend on sub......and this is not a version i would watch either lols

 

anyway i check out the sub for both you posted.....they are about the same... :) 

 

This will be the first version i check out will do other's after ill just go for either one i suppose ;p 

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wotad said:

 

This will be the first version i check out will do other's after ill just go for either one i suppose ;p 

Be prepared. There are many versions of it :joy: .. not to mention the continuations and their adaptations :joy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wotad said:

 

Yeah i think there is another one in 2019 lmfao why so many .

The ones in 2019 are not Legend of Condor Heroes(1st trilogy). They are the continuation of LOCH, that is Return of Condor Heroes (2nd trilogy) and Heaven Sword of Dragon Sabre (3rd trilogy). Each of these stories has several adaptations already before this.

 

FYI, ROCH is closely connected to LOCH, where the hero's background story is told in LOCH. HSDS's story is more loosely connected than the other two, so it's safe to watch it without watching the first 2 stories. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rhaps said:

The ones in 2019 are not Legend of Condor Heroes(1st trilogy). They are the continuation of LOCH, that is Return of Condor Heroes (2nd trilogy) and Heaven Sword of Dragon Sabre (3rd trilogy). Each of these stories has several adaptations already before this.

 

FYI, ROCH is closely connected to LOCH, where the hero's background story is told in LOCH. HSDS's story is more loosely connected than the other two, so it's safe to watch it without watching the first 2 stories. 

 

So confusing.. 

 

SO if i watch 2017 then return of condor hero's and then heaven sword?? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

yes....

 

2017 is the beginning of all things....then following by Return of the Condor Heroes and then Heaven Sword....

 

however there is a version of ROCH that got alot of complain which was star by ChenXiao & Michelle now husband & wife (2015 version)

Exactly like @angelangie said.

 

The Condor trilogy consists of :

- LOCH  -> has many different versions / adaptations

- ROCH -> has many different versions / adaptations

- HSDS -> has many different versions / adaptations

 

If you watch LOCH 2017, then LOCH 2008, LOCH 2003, etc , then you are basically watching the same story, but with different interpretations.

If you want to watch the continuation of LOCH, then you can watch ROCH first, then HSDS. If you directly jump to HSDS, then it is still easier to understand, because HSDS tells a story of a generation that is far from LOCH and ROCH. But, in order to watch ROCH, it is better to watch LOCH first, because the characters in LOCH are still alive in ROCH, and many events there is a continuation from LOCH.

 

The ROCH that got complaint (2014 version) is because it wrongly describes the iconic character of the Female Lead, plus giving unnecessary romance to every character, including the senior ones. Basically, it is not the version that will be recommended by many fans, despite having beautiful casts. Or, perhaps you can wait until the new ROCH is aired (this year?), although I don't know whether it'll be good or not.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

 

my brother enjoy this version though lols....he was involve with the YangGuo and GuGu that he was happy when they got married for real :D 

Perhaps your brother hasnt read the novel, nor has watched the previous adaptations? *LOL* . I dont like the ML either, actually ..but the FL is a bigger mis-interpretation :P . I also have problems with the directing. Basically, Yu Zheng got a lot of bashing because of this :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

usually im the opposite....sometimes when ppl bash i will go for it.....and to be honest i quite like that version....ChenXiao is pretty much over the top a little on certain thing and one thing that i dislike the most was the hands got chop off it was really very fakey lols....

 

however i like Michelle portrayal in this adaption...it is pretty much a very different Xiao  LongNv which was the usual cool demeanor we are so use to it.....something cute and naively cute....instead of the usual cool and naive mixture we are use to....

Yeah, her portrayal is different.  Well,.. it's an iconic character, but her version is different with how Xiao Long Nu is supposed to be

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

yup gotta agreed, very much the different however we cant really blame her....it the production that wanted something different too :) 

Yeah .. that's why people bashed Yu Zheng and didn't want him to produce HSDS . I dont know who produces the new HSDS, but it's okay as long as he is not involved in the script and directing :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just starting this drama!! :wub:. I'm on episode 8!! I love it so far. The storyline is going at a good pace. All the characters are amazing in their role. I haven't watch the originals or the one with Hu Ge....but I really like this one!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

I'm just starting this drama!! :wub:. I'm on episode 8!! I love it so far. The storyline is going at a good pace. All the characters are amazing in their role. I haven't watch the originals or the one with Hu Ge....but I really like this one!

It's good, isn't it??? The leads are cute and adorable ! :P:wub:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rhaps said:

It's good, isn't it??? The leads are cute and adorable ! :P:wub:

Yeah it is better than I expected!!! 

 

Right now, so disappointing at Yang Gang!! Guo Jin and Rong Er are so cute!!! They really compliment each other.

 

So sad when Yang and his wife died :(. That old fart Prince Jin is so delusional to think that he can receive her love by keeping her at his side. He is a sheep in disguise. Guo Jin's character is so adorable. Sure, he lacked common sense sometimes, but he is so kind, thoughtful and lovable.

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Yeah it is better than I expected!!! 

 

Right now, so disappointing at Yang Gang!! Guo Jin and Rong Er are so cute!!! They really compliment each other.

 

So sad when Yang and his wife died :(. That old fart Prince Jin is so delusional to think that he can receive her love by keeping her at his side. He is a sheep in disguise. Guo Jin's character is so adorable. Sure, he lacked common sense sometimes, but he is so kind, thoughtful and lovable.

LOL ..the actor of Prince Jin is good, though :P.  Yup, he is a sheep in disguise. All of the parents' generation are good. 

 

And I love the small villains here. They are hillarious :P . The fights in the Prince Jin's house are fun :lol:

 

Guo Jing doesnt just lack common sense, but he is also slow and rather dumb :P , but he is the kindest and most noble of all, and his preserverence and stubborness are probably the best :P . Yang Kang here, IMHO, is more gentle than the original one. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rhaps said:

LOL ..the actor of Prince Jin is good, though :P.  Yup, he is a sheep in disguise. All of the parents' generation are good. 

 

And I love the small villains here. They are hillarious :P . The fights in the Prince Jin's house are fun :lol:

 

Guo Jing doesnt just lack common sense, but he is also slow and rather dumb :P , but he is the kindest and most noble of all, and his preserverence and stubborness are probably the best :P . Yang Kang here, IMHO, is more gentle than the original one. 

 

 

The parents in the drama are so good-looking!!! Ghengis Khan, Prince Jin, and Yang Tiexin.

 

I love how mischievous Rong is and how honest and kind Guo Jing is. It is funny when Guo Jin scolded Rong and she got mad at him. Her character is smart, cute, funny and bubbly. I can see why Guo Jing likes her when he first met her. 

How old are the characters in the drama? Rong is said to be 16 in ep 13, so I am guessing the younger casts are 17-20???

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

The parents in the drama are so good-looking!!! Ghengis Khan, Prince Jin, and Yang Tiexin.

 

I love how mischievous Rong is and how honest and kind Guo Jing is. It is funny when Guo Jin scolded Rong and she got mad at him. Her character is smart, cute, funny and bubbly. I can see why Guo Jing likes her when he first met her. 

How old are the characters in the drama? Rong is said to be 16 in ep 13, so I am guessing the younger casts are 17-20???

Li Yitong (Rong er) was around 24-26 yrs old at that time *LOL*, while Yang Xuwen (Guo Jing) was 21 or 22 years old :P . But their characters are 16 (Rong er) and 18 yrs old. Yeah, they looked really young, didnt they? And YXW looked more mature than her, while it was actually the opposite

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally finished it!!! It was good :)!!! I haven't watch the older version, so I am satisfy with this one. 
I read a little bit about Genghis Khan, and OMG I cannot believe he was a ruthless ruler!!!! How can he kill innocent lives, after taking their homes and tear their family apart?? To be a ruler, one has to be ruthless and scary!!! WTH!!!!!!!!

 

The ending was satisfying, I love Rong'Er and Jing'Er's relationship!! They are so cute and kind towards each other.

 

The only thing really irks me about this drama is Nianci and Yang Gang!!! They are the most annoying second lead couple!

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..