[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

1 hour ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I agree with you on the part that this drama is taking place after the events in the manhwa because it would make so much sense. In the manhwa, the love story was tragic even though they had children before she died. I hope the love story between Habaek and So Ah (who is the reincarnated version of his first love) this time isn't tragic. But to break that possibility that this time will be tragic again, we have to find out what happened years ago in this drama so that we can predict what they can do differently this time around. Then again, like what Habaek said, it's fate. And trying to go against it will make you sick.

Awwww...my heart just sank reading your info about what happened in the manhwa. I don't think I will read the manhwa but right now, when I see Habaek's face while Biryeom was torturing SoAh with the cold rain and cracked road, I just cannot imagine how it is going to feel when he knew he loved her and everyone attacked her. I really hope it's happy ending. I cannot imagine going through MLSHR again..:(

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO/POV

1.  soooo MR says something she doesn't like it HB fall in love in human again. (Did he falls in love to the girl who he saves from drowning 14 years ago) time travelled(?) died (?) 

---> I remember (in Manhwa) MR tricked both So Ah and his first love I forgot HB first wife with poison and fell to the mirror lake and died. 

2. BY brought up some pill to erased HB memory temporarily (did he had that before made by MR or BY)

---> could it be that's why he can't remember So Ah? or So Ah could be a reincarnation of his first love(?) 

2 hours ago, milwon said:

Why do i feel sad watching the preview in eng sub?? I pity both Habaek-nim and Yoon So-Ah. Please, drama, don't let it ends like scarlet heart. It is too painful.

And look like Yoon So Ah have fall in love with our Habaek. Poor So Ah, there won't be any cure for that:D 

So HB did fall in love with a human before, and the result of it was pain and anguish. Maybe thats why Mura doesnt like humans perhaps? Cause of what HB went through before?

4 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

So i've done watching ep 5.

From what I can understand, what happened between Habaek-SoAh was similar to what happened between Grim Reaper-Kim Shin's sister ( sorry i forgot the name) in Goblin. Not exactly the same but maybe the idea is similar.

Many, many years ago, they both met, fell in love, get married but SoAh died (exactly as in the manhwa). This current story is about SOAh reincarnation because they meet again now and their love blossoms  again. I didn't read the novel but i read somewhere about the ending when SoAh died, Habaek made a promise to find her in the future (or something like this, whoever read the manhwa pls correct me if I am wrong). Why do I come to this conclusion? It's based on the Ep 6 preview. Moora warned Habaek of not falling in love with human AGAIN and this is a tell-tale that Habaek is actually reviving the promise he made years before. I'm not sure if Habaek has amnesia (haha..it feels funny to type this - does god has amnesia ,too? ) because he hasn't shown any indication that he is really familiar about her now. Anyway, the fact that he becomes overprotective of her and he knew his power works when she's in danger, could be a subconscious work of his mind that they somehow are bonded and fated to be together. Like other chingus were stating ..he's learning to become more human...maybe he'll trade his immortality for her and we knew as for SoAh, she will jump into the river one year from now so that she can be with him?

OR

It can also be like Scarlet Heart Ryeo. SoAh died during whatever period years ago and she travelled through time and woke up alive  as modern SoAh with no rememberance of her previous life. Habaek will be like Wang So searching for his true love.

Did my theory sounds too much?

Would love to hear your POV, guys!!

I have not read the manhwa actually, so if what you are saying is true about the first theory. HB does not recongise SA? or she got reincarnated to be a completely different person? It does seem that there is a link between HB falling in love AGAIN. I am just curious as to whether that human is indeed SA?

it does seem from the preview that HB and SA are both falling in love with each other. It does have a similar feel to goblin that is for sure if we are sticking to this theory.

4 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

BTW, we now knew why he say that dramatic "I'm sorry". He knew about the brake malfunction and he tricked her just to test his theory that his power will work when she's in danger. He apologized again during the dinner (and here i thought he's been a romantic to her..duhhh!)

Anyway, the TV scene was funny...their expressions when SOAh kept flipping the channels really cracked me up...SoAh was such a troll..I wonder what she'll show him again to make him do. She just have to say : 'I thought god can do ANYTHING' and i bet Habaek will be answering to her beck and call because his godly pride won't allow him to say 'I don't know'...hahaha

Yeah that scene was wrong but i am glad that he said sorry to her. He clearly for the sake of finding out about his powers went out of the wrong way to see if it is true.

(: But its cute that despite all the WOW moments in the drama there are cute moments as well ^^

8 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Ok, I'm excited to see that Habaek has figured out that the others lost the stones. Could it be possible that they start working together in order to recover them? Mura seems to be having a hard time going against Habaek, and Bi Ryeom...well, since they were friends once, maybe this will be an opportunity for them to make up.

Anyway, the highlights of the episode: Habaek being swoony all along (gosh, he really makes a handsome and sexy chef...) and So Ah being funny the morning after, she was so cute! :D

Yeah I am curious as to know how they lost it. I mean was not the stones in their possession? So if they did lose it, does that mean someone took it from them?

I like t be fact that So ah found sooner about Habaek using her tk test his power and that although she was angry she did not stay mad for a long time and that she defend him to BY and agreed that Habaek was a god with or without his power. 

I also like what Habaek told BY at his house when BY was making fun of him for losing his power and experiencin human emotions (feeling hungry, betrayal, hardships). Habaek answered that experiencing those emotions has helped him in that he's a better king today that he was yesterday and the day before that and that he's learning to be a great king. These are the same words that So ah told Habaek in ep 4 and I'm glade that Habaek remembered those words and actually understood they meaning. 

56 minutes ago, aimerance said:

I like t be fact that So ah found sooner about Habaek using her tk test his power and that although she was angry she did not stay mad for a long time and that she defend him to BY and agreed that Habaek was a god with or without his power. 

I also like what Habaek told BY at his house when BY was making fun of him for losing his power and experiencin human emotions (feeling hungry, betrayal, hardships). Habaek answered that experiencing those emotions has helped him in that he's a better king today that he was yesterday and the day before that and that he's learning to be a great king. These are the same words that So ah told Habaek in ep 4 and I'm glade that Habaek remembered those words and actually understood they meaning. 

it is really clear that both HB and SA even though it may not seem like it, are really learning from each other as well as learning more about each other. I especially like how whatever each other says, they remember it and they hold it dear even though they may not show it.

I really loved how both came to each others defence and rescue. It is clear that trust is slowly beginning to build up between them.

Those moments I really like, but I really cannot predict what will happen from here on out.

I am still trying to figure out these characters are they begin to show more of themselves through the story.

Thanks chingus for the recaps last night and @amisyka77 for the link!

Thoroughly enjoyed episode 5 but why does the preview for ep. 6 seem so sad?

My heart broke when So Ah mentioned that "he'll be leaving anyway.."

Got a feeling that Hoo Ye will wait for that time. And perhaps hope for So Ah to come to him (Second lead syndrome alert!)

I also agree that Moo Ra may have used the memory suppression liquid to help Ha-baek out of his misery from falling in love with a human before.. *sigh 

Guess we are in for more surprises! :D 

Thanks for all the explaination... looks like most of us agree that So Ah is the reincarnation of Habaek's first love. So, it might be real that Habaek actually comes to mortal world before and fall for a mortal? or A mortal goes to the immortal world?? wait ah minute.. what am I talking about?? Gosh! faint! kkkkk

After watching ep 5, looks like there is another god which Habaek yet to meet up right? And I am suspecting Hoo Ye is actually a GOD???

Loves Krystal Cool act in Moora... 

it seems like MR & BR will face each other - cant wait

can i say that im all for women power and want MR to win?

also even if HY did steal the stones, it doesnt necessarily makes him a villain. he obviously is using the stones for the benefit of human kind and probably is doing a much better job than if it was left to MR& BR who seem to care more for themselves than the humans they are supposed to guard. as HB said in ep 1, BR is egotistical and he didnt trust him to do a good job.

again, sorry to repeat myself, but a bad deed doesnt make for a bad person necessarily/  

Another great moment of Water God and his bride i personally loved this scene:wub:

1188b3cb140fb3dd6d7ad8e1400f8790f8f7689d

this is so cute OMG

9ab60c6e7e48c281777bed2a75f91576bb5cd220

from what i understand so far Many, many years ago, they both met, fell in love, get married but SoAh died (exactly as in the manhwa). This current story is about SOAh reincarnation because they meet again now and their love blossoms again in the manhwa SoAh died, Habaek made a promise to find her in the future  i think is bit similar when Habaek come to the human world the preview of EP6 when Moora warned Habaek not to fall in love with her

Thank you for the recaps and screencaps last night, and nice reading opinions and theories.   I watched the  subs and ep 5 is indeed interesting.   Will wait for tonight hoping my questions for ep 5 (quite similar to yours) and the preview to 6,  will be answered.  

52 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

very quickly there was one part in ep 5 where Namsuri mention another God's name isit? Starting with Jang Do Ri? isit? did anyone catch there? So is there another God apart from the two?

yes...god of land/earth - Joo Dong

Archived