[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched episode 1 with subs. It's awesome! Njh is super hot stuff haha, I loved the pig scene where he took her hand and run, so manly! I like ssk acting too, though not much development yet, the kiss scene at the end was cool! Totally enjoyed the scene in the boot! 

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Since I have not read the manhwa before, I'm assuming the action kicks in when the other Gods appear and there will be a power struggle (?) for those stones. And I have to say the CEO (Lim Ju Hwan's role) looks mighty fine. In fact he looked quite god-like too :D

Visually, Habaek and So Aa  look nice together and I'm looking forward to how the story unfolds tonight. So Aa's back story seems interesting- looks like she's paying off someone's debts. 

in the manhwa, the power struggle had exists long before Habaek was born. it was during the time of his parents, and it involves both his parents and their childhood friends. long story short, 2 gods (who are brothers) became enemies because of the differences in their powers, and how they view the human worlds; one hates the human, and the other still has hope for them. one of the brothers became the emperor of the gods(the bad one), while the other brother(good one) spent years trying to rally against the emperor's cause. Habaek's parents were basically caught in the middle because these two warring gods are their friends, and they had to decide which to ally themselves with. there are no stones in the original story. 

Habaek and his powers (water god) is an important tool in the fight amongst the gods because his powers is the strongest against one of the gods (the good one), so the emperor (the bad one) has been recruiting him to be on his side for years. but Habaek doesn't want to get involved in the power struggle because he was dealing with the loss of his 1st bride, and the curse she put on him before she died.

and yes, I was curious about that debt too. when Soah mentioned that someone had taken those loans instead of her, I wonder if those debts are tied to the debts of her family regarding the land in Gangwondo, which is the portal to the Gates of the God.

the manhwa tends to get too complicated to follow because it has flashbacks and they get into too much details about them. 

45 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lol! it's the fried chicken right?  Though as I had mention in an earlier post that 1st eps was not so strong for me, I think clips from 2nd eps seems to be better. I wished Habaek had taken off his black jacket when he jumped into the water . :rolleyes:

edit: Wow, I like how NJH is taking off his shirt almost every episode...aren't we glad he was made the Water God!

HAHAHA yes the chicken! And the ending with the hug and the OST :wub:

Also kinda liking the idea that she will make him a better person/god idk how that's gonna work out really...

Woah @V chingu you are watching this one and live recapping this one too..Good job^_^ it must become hectic since you recap ffmw too:o

Anyway if you post the link to your recap I could try to add screen-caps and post in here during live...:D Since then it becomes more understandable to others..:)

What do you say?:wink:

fav cut :wub:

DD59BsSUAAQJh3q.jpg

DD59BsvVwAAXGJ-.jpg

DD59BslU0AANUgg.jpg

it seems that they really are on the fantasy elements  front. with the smiling pig, which i have a feeling that there was no hunter actually and it was all a ruse 

like today SoA is again surrounded by mystic factors now that she met HaBaek

also did anyone else saw the hearts in the background when they were kissing? (if anyone have a pic, to show?)

which BTW was right after SoA threw up.

not gonna join the discussion for now 'cause I have to watch ep. 2 with subs tomorrow but I gotta say ...the hug awwww!!!! *so much feels* I'm sorry to say this but there's really chemistry here... well this drama lives up to my expectation as a manhwa fan... so thumbs up for this ..the change wasn't that bad tho'... excited for ep. 3 ...I usually hate mondays but I'm looking forward to it again...hope the ratings will keep increasing... 3% ratings wasn't a bad start...

1 minute ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

..the hug awwww!!!! *so much feels* I'm sorry to say this but there's really chemistry here...

YES I AGREE!!! There is chemistry! Them haters probably don't wanna see him partnered up with anybody else other than his gf LSK, which is really shallow because he's a freaking actor he can't be acting with her all the time! 

1 hour ago, athena22 said:

Woah @V chingu you are watching this one and live recapping this one too..Good job^_^ it must become hectic since you recap ffmw too:o

Anyway if you post the link to your recap I could try to add screen-caps and post in here during live...:D Since then it becomes more understandable to others..:)

What do you say?:wink:

That is cool with me! And yes live recapping both is super crazy, but we liked BOTWG and it is 4th of July (no work today) so we thought we would give it a shot. Since FFMY only has one week left (sad face), it shouldn't be too bad after that :). I will remember to post the link here before each episode. i usually always remember to post in FFMY so I should always to remember to post it here too! Your screen captures are so pretty by the way!

40 minutes ago, blademan said:

YES I AGREE!!! There is chemistry! Them haters probably don't wanna see him partnered up with anybody else other than his gf LSK, which is really shallow because he's a freaking actor he can't be acting with her all the time! 

I can understand a shippers heart as I do shipping too ...everyone is entitled to ship what they want anyway but the bad thing in shipping a couple is that when they are partnered to other celebrity... the fans of the ship will start to hate the other which always create fanwars...this is really why I don't ship seriously / be a die hard shipper...'cause in entertainment industry there's always change nothing is permanent...and since NJH is in a relationship with LSK...their names will be tag along to each other's drama... I just want shippers to be open minded 'cause honestly I don't get why some fans are hating / become defensive with the pairing...I mean everybody knows he's taken so what is there to be afraid about...It's not like NJH will cheat LSK if he is partnered with someone else or vice versa... you can ship but don't say bad words that may hurt others... 

I think it's not bad to ship NJH and SSK onscreen as habaek and so ah... so I ship them...hahaha... and I think Habaek will be the first one to fall for his servant/bride...I'm seeing positive reviews for this drama and I think it's well appreciated by int'l fans... hope the good plot will continue up to the last episode...

I've just watched the 1st episode and I really like it! I agree that the beginning is a little bit monotonous and not so dynamic as it was supposed to be but I have great hopes! And by the way I already feel the chemistry between Ha Baek and SoA!

As a lover of K-dramas like many many out there Ive come to appreciate scripts like this where this plays into the fantasy and pure entertainment aspect of what I am looking for. I personally am not looking to learn too much from this drama but at the same time Ive learned how to just relax and not ask anything of myself to comprehend much. There are plenty of other dramas that can tickle that side of me and I will watch that when the time comes. For me I am enjoying this drama not because of how visually superb the cast looks but how it doesn't fail to make me smile and laugh. Its the simple things that it does whether it be Habaek's personality or So-ah's ability to just compose herself when she feels she's gone crazy being around a "GOD" The romance part of this drama is something I enjoy and I encourage more in the writing. Why? because we have to understand that this is romance and without romance I might as well watch paint dry. I love the progression of everything so no complaints on that however some may argue that the pilot was rather slow and not enough development. I personally got enough where I can understand the struggles of the characters and possibly predicting some future events. Not gonna lie I have been anticipating this drama for quite some time and I knew that I needed something that would make me enjoy writing reviews again. I am allowing this drama to take me wherever it wants to and so far I am thrilled and anticipating just that.

About the comparisons between Manhwa and "Goblin", is it warranted? Sure, but thats life. When you have such a well known title and character names its difficult to not compare. However that won't stop me from taking this piece and segregating it to one of its own. Thats the fun of it, to allow one to immerse yourself into this genre. I try not to nitpick at everything because nothing is perfect and well even the greatest and successful dramas weren't perfect so Ive learned to let it go. Theres much better things to focus on like Namjoo's perfect body and the "divine blessings" and much more. 

I must admit to I am quite bothered by the lack of respect that some shippers of Namjoo's real life relationship has given to SSK and the drama itself. Its not warranted what so ever. It doesn't make anyone feel better but them selves. So I take it as their lack of maturity when it comes to the level of shipping that they try to push on to others. I hope as the drama progresses their is some sort of mitigation that can occur to reduce the level of negativity that these individuals have towards this drama and everyone associated. It's terrible that so few would attempt to ruin others enjoyment watching this drama that the staff and cast has worked hard on. Its never easy to be in a relationship in the public eye and understanding that Namjoo's personal life should NEVER be mixed in with his professional life regardless of how his most recent relationship started. He and the rest of the cast should be able to continue filming without fear that a particular fanbase is not going to appreciate their hard work because of that their is plenty and plenty of support out there that hopes for nothing but the success for everyone.

I wish nothing but success for this drama and I look forward to the many Mondays and Tuesdays with all of you and with that said lets continue to enjoy and spread the many things this drama has allowed us to feel.

Thank you

Archived