♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

14 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

Me too, at first.  Especially because most of the body shots featured the one where he got out of the car and his shirt was ripped.  But then, I noticed the other body shots, the perhaps more subtle ones.  Such as his shoulders and arms in the shower scene.  He wears suits most of the time in HS so you forget that he's actually quite fit.  But then, I remember how skinny he was in Real Men, and he seemed so super skinny in Strong Woman, that I'm noticing his body more and more in High Society.

Anyone see his clips from The Racer?  He looks pretty good there.  He still seems to have his HS body and hair so he just looks really healthy and his hair is alive.

So something that I've been really curious about: why doesn't he remove his mole?  He clearly covers it with makeup and then it obviously gets photoshopped out in dramas and photo shoots.  But you can see it pretty clearly in fan cams and also in variety programs.  For instance, you can see it in Real Men, you can see it in The Racer (there is one episode where he seems to have covered it with a large bandage), and you can see it in various other appearances if you look for it.  So why not just get it removed?

I've seen the mole uncovered during one of the ZE:A dance practices. I don't find that it changes his face all that much, and I actually kind of like it - it's sort of like a distinction, that he is who he is, the way he was born. Hyungsik, we admire you, even with what you might think are "flaws". 

He has impeccable skin anyway, so one mark on his chin doesn't mask the good genes he got. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, philosophi said:

I found these 2 pics on IG - the second one shows his back. He's wearing army pants so definitely this was during Real Men.

Because he is thin you can see quite a lot of definition. I was surprised at the amount of muscles though, because I know working out is not a priority for him. Guess he built these muscles doing things like archery, kendo, and dancing - activities I know he could do in 2013 when Real Men taped. He also can ride horseback (as we've seen in Hwarang 2016) and scuba dives, but does anyone know when he started scuba diving? I'm aware that he used to not be able to swim so he obviously had to learn that first. Does he have any other physical abilities/hobbies?

Photos were during Law of the Jungle :) and he started learning swimming right after he almost drown during ZE:A photo shoot when he fell from the boat together with DJ. :( he is busy playing overwatch i mean computer games  and he does not like going to the gym unless it is needed for the role :tounge_wink:.

he has no fats just muscles if you notice :D

• Like 4

14 hours ago, anazs said:

i have a soft spot for his eyes (specifically eyelashes) and hair (specifically messy hair) :wub: yup that gif is too cute LOL :D

I agree. This was shared before but I wanted to share it again  :wub:

Cr to owner

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

The pic is during Law of The Jungle. It's in 2015 so it's the time when he's building his muscle for HS or it's after HS when he still has the built. I think he started scuba diving after Law of The Jungle, when he's disappointed with himself unable to dive swim into the sea floor. He went for a Thailand trip with Siwan and I think I read somewhere he took diving course there, mentioned that he got hooked with diving. Maybe check his IG timeline when he wore the diving suit.

As for swimming, (just guessing) he probably learn it after he fall down from a yacht during a photoshoot in 2011/2012. He already knows swimming when he went for Real Men. Seriously.. when I saw that accident in YouTube, I was shocked.:o

Yes, you're right that the first pic is from Law of the Jungle. If you hover your mouse over that pic though, you should be able to see an arrow pop up on the side, and clicking the arrow will take you to the 2nd pic, which shows his back - that is from Real Men. If that 2nd pic is not showing up after doing that, then I need to do better with sharing from IG. Please let me know if it doesn't work.  

You're so good with remembering the dates! I guess after falling from the yacht, he must have had tons of motivation to learn to swim but I didn't know he had learned by the time Real Men taped. I have only been able to watch the 3 episodes of Real Men that I could find which were subbed in Eng, so I don't know if they showed any swimming in the other episodes. 

It's so awesome that I asked some questions and you guys were able to answer them - thank you!! I hadn't known that he went to Thailand with Siwan, or that that's where he took a diving course. I love this forum, it's so informative!!:heart::blush:

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, philosophi said:

Yes, you're right that the first pic is from Law of the Jungle. If you hover your mouse over that pic though, you should be able to see an arrow pop up on the side, and clicking the arrow will take you to the 2nd pic, which shows his back - that is from Real Men. If that 2nd pic is not showing up after doing that, then I need to do better with sharing from IG. Please let me know if it doesn't work.  

You're so good with remembering the dates! I guess after falling from the yacht, he must have had tons of motivation to learn to swim but I didn't know he had learned by the time Real Men taped. I have only been able to watch the 3 episodes of Real Men that I could find which were subbed in Eng, so I don't know if they showed any swimming in the other episodes. 

It's so awesome that I asked some questions and you guys were able to answer them - thank you!! I hadn't known that he went to Thailand with Siwan, or that that's where he took a diving course. I love this forum, it's so informative!!:heart::blush:

Ahh... the arrow.. I saw it now. :tongue: Yup, there's a swimming race across a river in Real Men but it's not subbed. On re-watching, I could be wrong too, cause the thing he's holding might have enable him to float. 

There's a YouTube fan video, when they caught him and Siwan trying to leave Thailand airport quietly. I know about the trip when he told Ryeowook during Celebrity Bromance. Hope I remember correctly.:) Let's continue sharing PHS information and beautiful pictures in this thread.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Ahh... the arrow.. I saw it now. :tongue: Yup, there's a swimming race across a river in Real Men but it's not subbed.

There's a YouTube fan video, when they caught him and Siwan trying to leave Thailand airport quietly. I know about the trip when he told Ryeowook during Celebrity Bromance. Hope I remember correctly.:) Let's continue sharing PHS information and beautiful pictures in this thread.

Fact: PHS fell into that river before the actual shoot :) if you watch 1N2D YSY mention that " is this the river where PHS fell?" 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, lovephs101 said:

@philosophi saw the photo :blush: sexy back lols.. if you watch celebrity bromance he mention it there that he went to thailand with siwan :).. have you seen his video doing an indoor sky diving when he was in singapore way back 2015?

@lovephs101 @Ainee EtpThank you for letting me know that the 2nd pic does show up. I have seen the indoor sky diving in Singapore, and the parasailing in Bali that someone kindly shared a few pages ago. Gotta go watch Celebrity Bromance again now cuz how did I miss that mention of Thailand & Siwan? It was 1 of the first variety shows of Hyungsik's I watched but I must have been too giddy just looking at him to pay attention to what he actually said! 

That swimming clip from Real Men is good. He beat the other guy across, although, that other guy was struggling. There are lots of clips on YT but most of the titles are in Hangul so I have no idea which to watch, or if they'd even have PHS in them. Thanks for pointing out this one!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, philosophi said:

@lovephs101 @Ainee EtpThank you for letting me know that the 2nd pic does show up. I have seen the indoor sky diving in Singapore, and the parasailing in Bali that someone kindly shared a few pages ago. Gotta go watch Celebrity Bromance again now cuz how did I miss that mention of Thailand & Siwan? It was 1 of the first variety shows of Hyungsik's I watched but I must have been too giddy just looking at him to pay attention to what he actually said! 

That swimming clip from Real Men is good. He beat the other guy across, although, that other guy was struggling. There are lots of clips on YT but most of the titles are in Hangul so I have no idea which to watch, or if they'd even have PHS in them. Thanks for pointing out this one!

If you want to feel giddy more please watch return of superman he is just hot there imo :blush: or you might have seen it already :) I always watch it everytime i miss him :bawling: like now.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, lovephs101 said:

Fact: PHS fell into that river before the actual shoot :) if you watch 1N2D YSY mention that " is this the river where PHS fell?" 

Sorry, but which actual shot? Oh... you meant the swimming race actually took place at the same river where they shot 1N2D? :o

Found the video of yacht accident. Dongjun is actually in shock himself but recollected himself and swam over to PHS to save him too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, willowmyst said:

Ooh, thanks! I've been watching his zea dance vids lately (my daily PHS fix, :D). Unfortunately some in yt have not so great resolution. This is awesome! My favorite is the Breathe dance practice one. I find he doesn't just do the motions but really put his all when he dances, even the hand gestures and movements. I wish i can share here but I'm at work (sshhh)  and yt is "blocked" in my work pc. 

I remember seeing the comment for this video :"The guy in gray is fun to watch, he's feeling it." something like that. I like his move, he's putting all his reflex into it.

My favourite is "Phoenix" and someone commented "who is that tall drink of water? cause he can dance his a** off" ^_^

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Sorry, but which actual shot? Oh... you meant the swimming race actually took place at the same river where they shot 1N2D? :o

Found the video of yacht accident. Dongjun is actually in shock himself but recollected himself and swam over to PHS to save him too.

I actually laugh when i first saw the video back then then when i saw him struggling it hit me that he does not know how to swim then you realize after that it was very dangerous what if it was not water but rocks down there?:heartbreak:

before the real men actual shoot he fell into the river..and yes it was the same river where they shoot 1N2D where the 3 of them were guest.

• Like 3

If I may, I'd like to offer a brief tutorial for those who are not familiar with Instagram (IG). It is such a treasure trove of good PHS pics that I know I am not the only one putting IG pics on this thread. But if you don't have an account yourself, it can be easy to miss some fantastic photos or videos of him that others add here. Btw I found some scuba diving pics - I had seen the 1st & 2nd before but not the 3rd, so it pays off to scroll through. Here is my first sample: 

If there are multiple photos in a post, then there will be a blue dot below the first photo, followed by faint grey/blue dots to denote how many more photos are in the post. Then, you just hover your mouse over the first photo and an arrow will show up on the right side. Click the arrow to get to the next photo. 

Here is my second sample, which is a video:

In the top right corner, you should be able to see the outline of what looks like a movie projector or camera. This is how you know it is a video. If you can't see the outline then hover your mouse over the central image and the outline should appear. When you see the outline, then you can move your mouse towards the middle of the central image and a triangle appears. Click the triangle to start the video.  

Hope this helps us all to view every single photo/video from IG that gets posted here. It's amazing how many fans he has now and they are constantly digging up old photos/taking new ones, or making new videos/memes/gifs. I only started on IG a couple of months ago and this is what I've learned so far. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ainee Etp said:

The pic is during Law of The Jungle (thanks for sharing it frame by frame :wub:). It's in 2015 so it's the time when he's building his muscle for HS or it's after HS when he still has the built. I think he started scuba diving after Law of The Jungle, when he's disappointed with himself unable to dive swim into the sea floor. He went for a Thailand trip with Siwan and I think I read somewhere he took diving course there, mentioned that he got hooked with diving. Maybe check his IG timeline when he wore the diving suit.

As for swimming, (just guessing) he probably learn it after he fall down from a yacht during a photoshoot in 2011/2012. He already knows swimming when he went for Real Men. Seriously.. when I saw that accident in YouTube, I was shocked.:o

the first photos was before he was  cast in HS actually.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ainee Etp said:

OH MY GOD..!! That was hella scary! I'm glad another person jumped in immediately after him. I tell you, my heart was palpitating. He was certainly motivated enough he learned fairly quickly, it seems. I should be motivated and follow his example and learn to swim too. :cold_sweat::fearful:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lovephs101 said:

I actually laugh when i first saw the video back then then when i saw him struggling it hit me that he does not know how to swim then you realize after that it was very dangerous what if it was not water but rocks down there?:heartbreak:

before the real men actual shoot he fell into the river..and yes it was the same river where they shoot 1N2D where the 3 of them were guest.

Actually, what YSY says in the 1N2D episode is, "is this the river that PHS will fall into?"  As in, the cast members already knew who the guests were going to be from news reports (they usually try to play it like it's a surprise) and it's a known fact that someone is going to have to jump into a river or other body of water during 1N2D.  I don't think that's the same river because the Real Men episodes take place at actual military bases.  That river in 1N2D is a very clear river that is part of UNESCO's nominated places, or something like that.  The PD was explaining about the river when YSY made his comment.

About PHS swimming, I know that some of the articles said that he didn't know how to swim, but I think those were lost in translation somehow.  Even Star Empire's statement that Dongjun and a manager jumped in... well, you can see it's false because the video shows that Dongjun fell with PHS.  I think PHS may have pulled him because he was trying to grab something and it happened to be Dongjun.  There was one article that said that PHS could swim but not very well.  Another said that everyone thought he would be ok, then realized that he had difficulty getting out, and that's when they jumped in to save him.  And in the video, you can see that he isn't sinking or struggling, he just isn't able to really swim over to the yacht, probably because of shock and I think he also injured his ankle or something like that.

The other reason why I think that he already knew how to swim is because he is known to be a good swimmer.  Even on Real Men, he first (in the river race episode) didn't say that he was a good swimmer, but later in the navy episodes when they are tested, he is put in the group that swims well.  Whatever the motivation may have been, I don't think that he could have gone from not knowing how to swim to swimming really well, especially with the packed schedules that he had as an idol.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jechoi1 said:

Actually, what YSY says in the 1N2D episode is, "is this the river that PHS will fall into?"  As in, the cast members already knew who the guests were going to be from news reports (they usually try to play it like it's a surprise) and it's a known fact that someone is going to have to jump into a river or other body of water during 1N2D.  I don't think that's the same river because the Real Men episodes take place at actual military bases.  That river in 1N2D is a very clear river that is part of UNESCO's nominated places, or something like that.  The PD was explaining about the river when YSY made his comment.

About PHS swimming, I know that some of the articles said that he didn't know how to swim, but I think those were lost in translation somehow.  Even Star Empire's statement that Dongjun and a manager jumped in... well, you can see it's false because the video shows that Dongjun fell with PHS.  I think PHS may have pulled him because he was trying to grab something and it happened to be Dongjun.  There was one article that said that PHS could swim but not very well.  Another said that everyone thought he would be ok, then realized that he had difficulty getting out, and that's when they jumped in to save him.  And in the video, you can see that he isn't sinking or struggling, he just isn't able to really swim over to the yacht, probably because of shock and I think he also injured his ankle or something like that.

The other reason why I think that he already knew how to swim is because he is known to be a good swimmer.  Even on Real Men, he first (in the river race episode) didn't say that he was a good swimmer, but later in the navy episodes when they are tested, he is put in the group that swims well.  Whatever the motivation may have been, I don't think that he could have gone from not knowing how to swim to swimming really well, especially with the packed schedules that he had as an idol.

Thanks for this insight. I was wondering how on earth he was able to tread water if he didn't know how to swim. I know I'd have sunk already. He must have, like you said, some idea at the very least on how to float or tread water since he managed to have his head above water even if its for a short period.

• Like 3