♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

7 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

You know, while I love his voice, I think he needs more vocal training.  The raw talent is there, but I don't think that Star Empire focused too much on vocal training.  Whenever PHS sings live, he has horrible breathing.  You can hear the big gulps that he takes in between and that's something that more training would have helped with.  The other vocals in ZE:A, you can also hear how they all have raw talent, but it hasn't been honed and refined.

I agree with @jechoi1. The raw talent in his voice is evident because it is smooth and soft, emotive, and his range is pretty good, especially with the higher notes. But what it lacks is the boom - resonance, projection, volume. I am not musically inclined so I am not sure what the name/term is for what I mean. In his recorded songs there are times when I wish his voice was stronger or louder. I have seen just a few clips of his musical performances and there, the projection seems to be better. But yes, if he could find the time then more voice training could make him a more well-rounded singer. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining here, because he is a already a good singer; but if he wants to do a solo album then he would need to be able to fill in the gaps that Kevin or Dongjun did when there were together in ZE:A. 

• Like 4

Hello all! I finished strong woman do bong so and thats it! I was hooked to Park hyung sik. He is really good and make me go ga ga over his acting. My bias. 

Now epi 17 on hwarang and epi on 1 on what happen to my family. High society next! 

Meanwhile youtube about him and his clips. 

• Like 4

And yes I wish and hope UAA will be good for him. I am looking forward for his new drama/movie and really really wish he can come out with solo album. Such potential. Good in acting, dancing, singing and personality. I do agree his voice is a bit raw despite sounding so well and being the eye candy of ZEA. From what I see, he keep improving in everything, so we will see changes in him as times comes

Edited by tomatobb
  • Like 3

Friends, I need a favor. I wonder if any of you have a clip of PHS in hwarang where he was sparring with the palace guard (the big guy, not the queen's bodyguard). I think this was when they were trying to see what skills they have. This scene was before they started the performance/choreo by Minho. I've been searching but I can't seem to find it in yt and I didn't feel like slogging thru Aro's scenes (sorry, no offense; not bashing, just not a fan) and watching it all over.  Many thanks!! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

I remember seeing the comment for this video :"The guy in gray is fun to watch, he's feeling it." something like that. I like his move, he's putting all his reflex into it.

My favourite is "Phoenix" and someone commented "who is that tall drink of water? cause he can dance his a** off" ^_^

Haha, I remember that "tall drink of water" comment too. It is so accurate. I found these 2 gifs from Phoenix. That red zipper that peeks out when he jumps up is a killer :blush:, esp. at the very beginning of the full video (which someone else posted a few pages back). I really like his outfit here. The shoes match the shirt, which match the jeans down to that red zipper, but it is not excessive because he's only got 1 layer of clothes on. The hat is so bada**. He doesn't need a stylist because he does fine dressing on his own, but I can understand he probably uses one now due to time constraints. 

@jechoi1 mentioned watching the MNET 4 Things Show...I can't believe that he didn't set out to be an idol, because he is so good at dancing! The moves are so fluid, and it's like he feels the music to the extremities of his body, just like others here have noted. If he can be so good at something he didn't even set out to do, then it comes down to raw talent and a whole lottta hard work. Wow. 

@tomatobb Welcome to our thread! 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, philosophi said:

I've seen the mole uncovered during one of the ZE:A dance practices. I don't find that it changes his face all that much, and I actually kind of like it - it's sort of like a distinction, that he is who he is, the way he was born. Hyungsik, we admire you, even with what you might think are "flaws". 

He has impeccable skin anyway, so one mark on his chin doesn't mask the good genes he got. 

Here's the mole uncovered, he is still so cute and handsome. Although the black harem pants make me rethink my comment about needing a stylist! These are the only pants I have ever seen him wear that I dislike. 

Look how affectionate he is with Kevin, even closing his eyes a bit while hugging him. He must really really love his hyung. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, philosophi said:

Here's the mole uncovered, he is still so cute and handsome. Although the black harem pants make me rethink my comment about needing a stylist! These are the only pants I have ever seen him wear that I dislike.

Look how affectionate he is with Kevin, even closing his eyes a bit while hugging him. He must really really love his hyung. 

I don't mind the mole either. But I think that's coz we like him no matter what. :blush:. We wanna hug too!!! Lol

50 minutes ago, philosophi said:

Haha, I remember that "tall drink of water" comment too. It is so accurate. I found these 2 gifs from Phoenix. That red zipper that peeks out when he jumps up is a killer :blush:, esp. at the very beginning of the full video (which someone else posted a few pages back). I really like his outfit here. The shoes match the shirt, which match the jeans down to that red zipper, but it is not excessive because he's only got 1 layer of clothes on. The hat is so bada**. He doesn't need a stylist because he does fine dressing on his own, but I can understand he probably uses one now due to time constraints. 

@jechoi1 mentioned watching the MNET 4 Things Show...I can't believe that he didn't set out to be an idol, because he is so good at dancing! The moves are so fluid, and it's like he feels the music to the extremities of his body, just like others here have noted. If he can be so good at something he didn't even set out to do, then it comes down to raw talent and a whole lottta hard work. Wow. 

Ahh, simple but sexy in Phoenix. I like his body size here, when he's not too skinny and he's showing broad shoulders. I hope he gets rested and get his ideal weight back. It looked good on him. (plus there's more to :heart:)

arghh. my connection is just bad...i've been trying to post for the last 20 mins!

• Like 5

Hello again... just would like to thank everyone for the updates and posts re PHS.  I read that he is interested to do a movie and I just came across this headline in soompi about JIS doing the ANSI city movie.  IT is a historical drama and I had this imagination that it will be good for PHS to join this movie production as he displayed impressive acting in  Hwarang.  

I imagine him as one of the warriors in that epic history of Korea.  Ima praying that he will be offered a role in this movie and it is a good timing to him as well because the movie will start shooting in AUGUST.  HE Will have a time to rest and at the same time prepare for the role.  

PS:  song Jong ki's first movie is with JIS too and he has a minor role in it, and we know where song Jong ki is now,

• Like 5

11 hours ago, lovephs101 said:

and one of them also said that he is the type of guy who doesn't think of himself too seriously because of his profile pic and i thought he was actually right because PHS really sometimes does not take himself seriously and not afraid to look stupid by making fun of himself hahahah.

It was not his body i was interested in during HS but his hair :tounge_wink: it has its own life :tounge_wink: they could have save some screen time for his hair alone :grin:

i always like center parting hairstyle. but when i see him with side parting hairstyle, i'm going crazy LOL. he looked good in ALL hairstyles :blush:

10 hours ago, lovephs101 said:

He dance like a bird :)

he's so lightweight. i think he should put more weight maybe 2-3 kg (muscle perhaps hehe) coz he is not dancing anymore (dancing maybe needs him to stay fit so easier to move) now he has become an actor, he should consider his fans request LOL

9 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

Me too, at first.  Especially because most of the body shots featured the one where he got out of the car and his shirt was ripped.  But then, I noticed the other body shots, the perhaps more subtle ones.  Such as his shoulders and arms in the shower scene.  He wears suits most of the time in HS so you forget that he's actually quite fit.  But then, I remember how skinny he was in Real Men, and he seemed so super skinny in Strong Woman, that I'm noticing his body more and more in High Society.

Anyone see his clips from The Racer?  He looks pretty good there.  He still seems to have his HS body and hair so he just looks really healthy and his hair is alive.

So something that I've been really curious about: why doesn't he remove his mole?  He clearly covers it with makeup and then it obviously gets photoshopped out in dramas and photo shoots.  But you can see it pretty clearly in fan cams and also in variety programs.  For instance, you can see it in Real Men, you can see it in The Racer (there is one episode where he seems to have covered it with a large bandage), and you can see it in various other appearances if you look for it.  So why not just get it removed?

must be a reason for that? the parents didn't allow? he's afraid to do a surgery LOL (can remove by laser surgery) but it's best to remove :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, willowmyst said:

Friends, I need a favor. I wonder if any of you have a clip of PHS in hwarang where he was sparring with the palace guard (the big guy, not the queen's bodyguard). I think this was when they were trying to see what skills they have. This scene was before they started the performance/choreo by Minho. I've been searching but I can't seem to find it in yt and I didn't feel like slogging thru Aro's scenes (sorry, no offense; not bashing, just not a fan) and watching it all over.  Many thanks!! 

hi @willowmyst, try this... @27:34 ^_^  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mooouMfXqW4 ...enjoy ^_^ 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, philosophi said:

i was thinking the same about his dancing, but this is what he said (watch 1.25min) 

he looked so natural when he dance. so, i don't really trust his word LOL

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, anazs said:

i was thinking the same about his dancing, but this is what he said (watch 1.25min) 

he looked so natural when he dance. so, i don't really trust his word LOL

He is not good in freestyle dance :) but ZE:A songs dance because of practice he is good :grin: if you ask him to dance on the spot with other songs he will just freeze and think what to do :D

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, lovephs101 said:

He is not good in freestyle dance :) but ZE:A songs dance because of practice he is good :grin: if you ask him to dance on the spot with other songs he will just freeze and think what to do :D

Yes, look at him dancing in the 1N2D episode.  Also, when he appeared on Happy Together with the What Happens to My Family cast, there was a section where the MCs asked his co-star Seo Kang Jun to dance.  Well, he was dancing really strangely, and PHS spoke up for him and said that even someone with his abilities, he only knows the dances that he was taught (i.e., the choreography for his ZE:A songs).  Then when they had PHS go up and dance, he did the dance for Aftermath instead of a freestyle dance.

What's strange to me is that in these dance practice videos, he really does do a good job.  But whenever I watch his actual stage performances, there's something a little awkward about his dancing.  I think it has to do with his long limbs.  Like, he's trying to match the height or something of his group members and it makes it look weird because, for example, he's bending down so low.  But then I watch these dance practice videos and he's one of the best dancers in them.

Speaking of dance videos, have you seen ZE:A dancing to T-ARA's Bo Beep?  It's not the best quality but here it is.  PHS is the one in the red hoodie.

• Like 5