♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

Kim Won Hae “Park Hyung Sik Whom I Met Again, Has Become a Man… Proud of His Grow ‘SWDBS’ is a production in which you met Park Hyung Sik for the second time.

I first met him in tvN’s ‘Nine’ (2013 drama). At that time, I didn’t even know Hyung Sik’s name and that he was an idol. I thought he had an english name (foreign person) but I was taken aback to hear that he was called Hyung Sik. ‘I’ve screwed up right?’, I asked and so he said no. (laughs) As expected following my days as an unknown actor, I played my killer role in a do-or-die manner (as if my life depended on it). I was really afraid after filming ended but we formed a connection then and met again in ‘Do Bong Soon’. He really was a child but has now become a full-fledged male lead appearing in front of me, I felt proud for no reason though I wasn’t the one nurturing him. My daughters have indeed fallen for Hyung Sik. They don’t even pay attention to me.” 

Cr.  @bongsoonie

• Like 10

On 5/7/2017 at 4:51 AM, sik1116 said:

will be resting in may:cold_sweat:

and i thought that this is old news :D coz i never know that he is still studying. went to wikipedia and saw this

Early life and education[edit]

Park attended Shingal Elementary School, Giheung Middle School and Shingal High School. Currently, he is studying Business Administration at Digital Seoul Culture Arts University.[citation needed] He has one older brother and his father worked in BMW Korea.[3]

Park stated that his mother sent him to Taekwondo and Hapkido academy when he was younger, but he didn't do well.[citation needed] He started learning Gumdo from the third grade of elementary school for 7 to 8 years and has a certificate as a holder of the 4th stage of Haidong Gumdo.[4] Park stated that Gumdo was a hobby, but he preferred singing and other music-related activities.[citation needed] In his junior high school year, he joined a band and participated in various competitions.[5]

i'm not sure this is old or just updated. but this is newly updated :)

Park%20Hyung-sik%20-%20Wikipedia.clipula

On 5/7/2017 at 6:24 PM, Ainee Etp said:

As PHS said it himself, he's not good with freestyle dancing. :D

hahah yes he needs professional help :lol:

On 5/7/2017 at 7:17 PM, lovephs101 said:

Kim Won Hae “Park Hyung Sik Whom I Met Again, Has Become a Man… Proud of His Grow ‘SWDBS’ is a production in which you met Park Hyung Sik for the second time.

I first met him in tvN’s ‘Nine’ (2013 drama). At that time, I didn’t even know Hyung Sik’s name and that he was an idol. I thought he had an english name (foreign person) but I was taken aback to hear that he was called Hyung Sik. ‘I’ve screwed up right?’, I asked and so he said no. (laughs) As expected following my days as an unknown actor, I played my killer role in a do-or-die manner (as if my life depended on it). I was really afraid after filming ended but we formed a connection then and met again in ‘Do Bong Soon’. He really was a child but has now become a full-fledged male lead appearing in front of me, I felt proud for no reason though I wasn’t the one nurturing him. My daughters have indeed fallen for Hyung Sik. They don’t even pay attention to me.” 

Cr.  @bongsoonie

as his new fan, i'm so happy that he has transformed from young idol to mature actor and hope he will get a good movie to show his actual talent as an actor. i'm sure his agency will give him some good scripts to choose :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, anazs said:

ohh okay LOL i think that one is also old clip, coz of the longer hair..like in HS

i am still compiling Real Men clips -_- just read that he was in eps 9-44. and i don't really understand how Real Men works. does it means that he was staying at the camp for the whole shooting date? i'm still new to this hehe..

He said in "Taxi" that they film once a month for 5 days straight.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, bongbongi said:

He said in "Taxi" that they film once a month for 5 days straight.

Hello!! welcome!! :D obviously you are not a new fan. happy to see you here! thanks for the info. you mentioned "Taxi", may i know what show is that? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, anazs said:

Hello!! welcome!! :D obviously you are not a new fan. happy to see you here! thanks for the info. you mentioned "Taxi", may i know what show is that? 

Hehe thank you :) 
Here are the links to the videos

@Part 1 15:05 okay 6 days 5 nights, not 5 days xD

Edited by bongbongi
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, anazs said:

ohh okay LOL i think that one is also old clip, coz of the longer hair..like in HS

i am still compiling Real Men clips -_- just read that he was in eps 9-44. and i don't really understand how Real Men works. does it means that he was staying at the camp for the whole shooting date? i'm still new to this hehe..

Real Men does essentially 1-week shoots once per month.  I think it's 5 nights and 6 days, and yes they stay there during that whole time.  He's in episodes 9-58, 63-70.  He missed one base (episodes 59-62) because of his back injury.  There is actually 1 very brief little PHS clip at the end of 62 where they show him in his closet packing for the Philippines ARAW base to help with rebuilding after Yolanda.  However, it really isn't worth downloading that episode just for that little clip.

Episode 70 was his last official episode.  However, he appears in episodes 86-87, which is the farewell episode for Kim Suro, Suh Kyungsuk, and Sam Hammington.  One of them wanted the fellow junwoos (military comrades) that they had met to show up so the Real Men staff invited a bunch of them.  PHS was the only one of the Real Men regulars that showed up.  It's actually pretty funny because they have a ssireum competition and Kim HyungGeun (one of the real military conscripts who gained some popularity as the chick soldier--as in baby chick, not a hot chick--challenges PHS to ssireum.  When asked why he chose PHS, his response was that one of his girlfriends had liked PHS.

Real Men is great.  It's unfortunate though that it's hard to find and most are raw without any translations.  It's what made PHS so popular and he even admits it.  He also admits that he got so much love and recognition during Real Men that his popularity may have actually waned after he stopped doing it.  PHS gained a lot of popularity because he was so real and earnest in it, and there are moments when you get so embarrassed for him.  He even admitted on a radio show that when he watched himself on Real Men there were times when his own face would turn bright red because he himself was embarrassed at how he appeared.

• Like 7

Hello everyone~  I've been reading all your posts for weeks now, this is such a lovely place to share about lovely and utterly cute Hyung Sik <3

I was planning on staying a lurker (because life, you know, barely have time for anything) but~ seeing how enthusiast you all are I decided to leave a comment :) 

It was particularly @Ainee Etp's showcase video that made me comment. Oh boy did that video gave some nostalgia TT. I was there that day. I went to Korea in 2013 and I had no idea we would be attending ZE:A's showcase. It was a lovely afternoon and the boys were so much fun. At that time I liked some ZE:A's songs buy wasn't a real stan you know (I'm actually a shawol since 2009 ^^) however~ Hyung Sik gave me a lovely first impression. He had such a baby face and he was sooooo cute! Like a giant baby though, because he is really tall. Also he was all smiles, a really happy person. 

I watched him on The Heirs and I still had the same image from him: cute, adorable, like a baby. Then in 2015 I saw some random videos from High Societ and I was like "is that cute Hyung Sik? No way!". He was so grown up. I didn't have time to watch many dramas back then, so it wasn't until Hwarang came along that he really got my attention (you know, I was going to watch the drama for Minho, but then bam! Wild Hyung Sik appears with his amazing acting skills).

He was sooo good in Hwarang that it made me watch his previous works (WHTMF, HS, Sirius, etc). What a gem he is! And I really feel sooo bad that I haven't noticed him before :( especially since I got the chance to be that near back in 2013, I would have loved to cheer on him as a true fan (though I think is never too late to start, right?). I will support him from now on because he deserves all the recognition!

Anyways, I wanted to share this story with you guys, and seeing that some have been sharing stuff from the past, I'll look for my videos and pictures from that day (the showcase) and share them with you as well :) There aren't many though because I decided to enjoy with my eyes rather than through a camera hehe and~ some of the fans were really wild with huge Canons so it was a bit difficult to take pictures.

I'm really happy to see there are people from all over the world here and from all ages (I'm PHS's noona xD), makes me realize age doesn't matter when you truly enjoy what you do.

Happy week everyone! And hope to post again soon with some pictures! 

• Like 8

On 5/7/2017 at 10:08 PM, bongbongi said:

Hehe thank you :) 
Here are the links to the videos

@Part 1 15:05 okay 6 days 5 nights, not 5 days xD

thanks sweetie! this is precious to all of us here :blush:

On 5/8/2017 at 6:34 AM, jechoi1 said:

Real Men does essentially 1-week shoots once per month.  I think it's 5 nights and 6 days, and yes they stay there during that whole time.  He's in episodes 9-58, 63-70.  He missed one base (episodes 59-62) because of his back injury.  There is actually 1 very brief little PHS clip at the end of 62 where they show him in his closet packing for the Philippines ARAW base to help with rebuilding after Yolanda.  However, it really isn't worth downloading that episode just for that little clip.

Episode 70 was his last official episode.  However, he appears in episodes 86-87, which is the farewell episode for Kim Suro, Suh Kyungsuk, and Sam Hammington.  One of them wanted the fellow junwoos (military comrades) that they had met to show up so the Real Men staff invited a bunch of them.  PHS was the only one of the Real Men regulars that showed up.  It's actually pretty funny because they have a ssireum competition and Kim HyungGeun (one of the real military conscripts who gained some popularity as the chick soldier--as in baby chick, not a hot chick--challenges PHS to ssireum.  When asked why he chose PHS, his response was that one of his girlfriends had liked PHS.

Real Men is great.  It's unfortunate though that it's hard to find and most are raw without any translations.  It's what made PHS so popular and he even admits it.  He also admits that he got so much love and recognition during Real Men that his popularity may have actually waned after he stopped doing it.  PHS gained a lot of popularity because he was so real and earnest in it, and there are moments when you get so embarrassed for him.  He even admitted on a radio show that when he watched himself on Real Men there were times when his own face would turn bright red because he himself was embarrassed at how he appeared.

this is another precious info for us! i love uuu!! :blush: i don't mind without translations hehe..even though i only understand a bit of hangul, having a chance to watch is more than enough.

it would be great to have our own YT Hyungsikness so that we can gather all videos with translations. we already have someone who is willing to translate just to find and compile the his videos under one channel :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jechoi1 said:

I just want to say I really enjoy your posts. It's always been quite informative!

• Like 2

On 5/8/2017 at 4:09 AM, willowmyst said:

To my fellow friends who liked his hwarang look:

I forget if this has been shared before. I so love him in blue :heart:

looking at his hyung PSJ, i remember the real reason i'm watching hwarang is because of him LOL. i started to watch SWDBS on 4th week. immediately looked for PHS drama and saw hwarang (before that, people keep telling me to watch but i'm hesitate because i didn't know who are the actors) when i saw the cast and saw PSJ and PHS names, i think it's worth watching coz both of them in the same drama. but then i fell for the second lead :D long before this, i saw him in she was pretty eps 9 as cameo :) i like it when his hair up, king costume. he looked great! :wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, anazs said:

looking at his hyung PSJ, i remember the real reason i'm watching hwarang is because of him LOL. i started to watch SWDBS on 4th week. immediately looked for PHS drama and saw hwarang (before that, people keep telling me to watch but i'm hesitate because i didn't know who are the actors) when i saw the cast and saw PSJ and PHS names, i think it's worth watching coz both of them in the same drama. but then i fell for the second lead :D long before this, i saw him in she was pretty eps 9 as cameo :) i like it when his hair up, king costume. he looked great! :wub:

@anazsMe too, me too! PHY caught my eye some time back but I wanna say I wasn't "stanning" per se. lol. Caught him in 2D1N when hwarang boys guested. So I went and started watching hwarang, but more so initially coz of  PSJ (liked him in She Was Pretty) and a bit of Minho too tbh. Instead PHS caught me hook, line and sinker! Then I found out he'd be in swdbs with my fave PBY, and I thought, jackpot! Didn't expect to ship this hard though. Caught me off guard, as I've never 'shipped anybody else. Ah, and reading all the other newbies who were silently lurking as I did and who now are joining in to post, seems I wasn't the only one that got caught by HS virus! I have to tell you all that I've never gushed at anyone like this before, it's embarrassing. "Old" woman like me. lol:blush:

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing all sorts of great videos and information. Have to say first loved PHS in Hwarang and saw a post about SWDBS. Me and my daughter waited patiently for SWDBS. We had watched Heirs long back but did not notice him much there. While waiting for episodes of Do Bong Soon, went to his past shows like HS and WHTMF  and saw those. Will try to find Real men, Nine and Sirius. Hope he doesn't just relax too much away from the public eye and chooses his next project soon - so that we don't miss him this much!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willowmyst said:

@anazsMe too, me too! PHY caught my eye some time back but I wanna say I wasn't "stanning" per se. lol. Caught him in 2D1N when hwarang boys guested. So I went and started watching hwarang, but more so initially coz of  PSJ (liked him in She Was Pretty) and a bit of Minho too tbh. Instead PHS caught me hook, line and sinker! Then I found out he'd be in swdbs with my fave PBY, and I thought, jackpot! Didn't expect to ship this hard though. Caught me off guard, as I've never 'shipped anybody else. Ah, and reading all the other newbies who were silently lurking as I did and who now are joining in to post, seems I wasn't the only one that got caught by HS virus! I have to tell you all that I've never gushed at anyone like this before, it's embarrassing. "Old" woman like me. lol:blush:

haha!! i never thought i would ship idol-turned-actor! :lol: it's weird to love him, younger than me. i'm noona myself :tongue: we just young at heart hahahhh!! and it's not wrong to love someone who has excellent acting skill, beautiful voice and great dancer hehe..

• Like 3

Binge watching phs yt videos myself and after watching that taxi show i feel like i don't like kwang hee no matter they say that he is funny and i found out that he even unfollow phs on ig prior to his military enlistment is it because as phs said he was unable to answer his call as he was filming swdbs? Or because he finally got jealous of him? I don't like the way he treat phs!! No wonder phs seems to be more closer to siwan than to other member of his group.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, willowmyst said:

To my fellow friends who liked his hwarang look:

I forget if this has been shared before. I so love him in blue :heart:

It seems like his fave color also blue?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rossana23 said:

Hello everyone~  I've been reading all your posts for weeks now, this is such a lovely place to share about lovely and utterly cute Hyung Sik <3

I was planning on staying a lurker (because life, you know, barely have time for anything) but~ seeing how enthusiast you all are I decided to leave a comment :) 

It was particularly @Ainee Etp's showcase video that made me comment. Oh boy did that video gave some nostalgia TT. I was there that day. I went to Korea in 2013 and I had no idea we would be attending ZE:A's showcase. It was a lovely afternoon and the boys were so much fun. At that time I liked some ZE:A's songs buy wasn't a real stan you know (I'm actually a shawol since 2009 ^^) however~ Hyung Sik gave me a lovely first impression. He had such a baby face and he was sooooo cute! Like a giant baby though, because he is really tall. Also he was all smiles, a really happy person. 

I watched him on The Heirs and I still had the same image from him: cute, adorable, like a baby. Then in 2015 I saw some random videos from High Societ and I was like "is that cute Hyung Sik? No way!". He was so grown up. I didn't have time to watch many dramas back then, so it wasn't until Hwarang came along that he really got my attention (you know, I was going to watch the drama for Minho, but then bam! Wild Hyung Sik appears with his amazing acting skills).

He was sooo good in Hwarang that it made me watch his previous works (WHTMF, HS, Sirius, etc). What a gem he is! And I really feel sooo bad that I haven't noticed him before :( especially since I got the chance to be that near back in 2013, I would have loved to cheer on him as a true fan (though I think is never too late to start, right?). I will support him from now on because he deserves all the recognition!

Anyways, I wanted to share this story with you guys, and seeing that some have been sharing stuff from the past, I'll look for my videos and pictures from that day (the showcase) and share them with you as well :) There aren't many though because I decided to enjoy with my eyes rather than through a camera hehe and~ some of the fans were really wild with huge Canons so it was a bit difficult to take pictures.

I'm really happy to see there are people from all over the world here and from all ages (I'm PHS's noona xD), makes me realize age doesn't matter when you truly enjoy what you do.

Happy week everyone! And hope to post again soon with some pictures! 

i was frustrated too for not noticing him before -_- you're just so lucky to get to know and see him long time ago. but, like me, it's never too late to be his fans hehe..:) thanks for sharing your beautiful memories here with all of us. oh my i am noona myself too LOL yup, i enjoy being here and sharing stories with everyone. feel free to drop by and leave comments. the more the merrier!! :blush:

@bongbongi i wanna thank you again for that clips. it's hilarious!!! :D looking at him, i realize few things: 1) he is serious when he talks about his career (same like siwan) 2) he's down-to-earth (they keep praising him and he just bend his head down;so cute!) and honest (esp about the kissing news;i wanna smack kwanghee for that haha) 3) he is a positive-thinker (talking about happiness at the end of the 2nd clip) my most fav part is min 12.34 when she turned around and said "you're so handsome" :wub: he was sppechless and shy LOL. thanks again :D

• Like 1

Real Men used to film for 6 days 5 nights. Although they cut down to 5 days 4 nights later. It is pretty hard for celebrities to devote a full 6 days 5 nights filming. 

41 minutes ago, sik1116 said:

Binge watching phs yt videos myself and after watching that taxi show i feel like i don't like kwang hee no matter they say that he is funny and i found out that he even unfollow phs on ig prior to his military enlistment is it because as phs said he was unable to answer his call as he was filming swdbs? Or because he finally got jealous of him? I don't like the way he treat phs!!

Kwanghee unfollowed Hyungsik very long time ago. I don't think it is due to jealousy. He has always maintain his jealousy persona towards Siwan only but we all know they are friends. It is just his variety image.     

Kwanghee unfollowed all the members except the leader years ago. Kwanghee is closer to Junyoung than the rest of the members since they know each other before they debut. No idea why he unfollowed everyone but we still see him hanging out with his members and Hyungsik after he unfollowed them. There are quite a lot of fan accounts of them hanging out together. Hyungsik already said Kwanghee always treats him and buy him stuff so I truly believe he is a good hyung.        

I am also a pround noona fan. Hyungsik has more noona fans in Korea. His naver comments are mostly by 30s, 40s noonas. I think it is his international fanbase that are younger.  

• Like 3

I am new too.  Not new to ZE:A but new ahjumma fan of PHS.:blush:. Although I watch Nine, I like him in Hwarang first but not so much but I am hooked with PHS after SWDBS and this two months I have marathon watched all his drama and reality TV, watch his interview and news about him. Followed him in twitter and IG, downloaded photos of him .. 

I read one interview saying that he was bullied by seniors with his first agent and I can see it in the Romantic & Idol,first episode where he was being teased for his choice of suit .. his blood type by one of the idol.  He was also upset because the guy idol keep talking abt his date which is Nam Jihyun of 4 minutes n Mir keep saying he is fated to be with Jihyun. :confounded: Luckliy Jihyun Noona supported him a lot and made him more confidence of himself. Now PHS a sucessfull actor and I wish I can say to the senior idols.. look at what you are doing now compared to Hyung-Sik

What I can see is that PHS worked very hard to be what he is now. Kwanghee helped him also. Shin Hyun-Joon said that usually after finishing their cameo or any supporting role, idol will go into their car but PHS stayed till the shooting finished even giving hand to the crew.

I hope he will continue being humble and work harder and not to rest too long

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, anazs said:

i was frustrated too for not noticing him before -_- you're just so lucky to get to know and see him long time ago. but, like me, it's never too late to be his fans hehe..:) thanks for sharing your beautiful memories here with all of us. oh my i am noona myself too LOL yup, i enjoy being here and sharing stories with everyone. feel free to drop by and leave comments. the more the merrier!! :blush:

@bongbongi i wanna thank you again for that clips. it's hilarious!!! :D looking at him, i realize few things: 1) he is serious when he talks about his career (same like siwan) 2) he's down-to-earth (they keep praising him and he just bend his head down;so cute!) and honest (esp about the kissing news;i wanna smack kwanghee for that haha) 3) he is a positive-thinker (talking about happiness at the end of the 2nd clip) my most fav part is min 12.34 when she turned around and said "you're so handsome" :wub: he was sppechless and shy LOL. thanks again :D

I also love the part where the noona mc turned around and said "you're so handsome" and he was sooo shy... so cute!! :D

• Like 3