[Drama 2016-2017] I'm Sorry Kang Nam Goo/아임 쏘리 강남구. Thanks of all for your support!!

0ly40

SBS daily drama

I'm sorry Kang Nam Goo

Im-Sorry-Kang-Nam-Goo-04.jpg

Release date: December 19-2016 to june 9-2017

Episodes: 120

Plot

A lethal but innocent love story of a man who only pursued success for his family towards a woman who lost everything after finding her husband’s rich parents.

Jung Mo Ah (Kim Min Seo) married to Park Do Hoon (Lee In). They both grew up at the same orphanage. Park Do Hoon learns that he is the son from a wealthy family. He dumps Jung Mo Ah and marries Cha Young Hwa (Na Ya). Her father is a powerful politician.

Meanwhile, Jung Mo Ah start have relationship with Kang Nam Goo (Park Sun Ho) who comes from a poor financial background but has a warm heart and smart.

Notes

1. "I'm Sorry Kang Nam-Goo" takes over the SBS weekday 08:30 time slot previously occupied by "Here Comes Love."

Cast

Production Credits

Director: Kim Hyo Eon (김효언)

Screenwriter: Ahn Hong Ran

Source: http://asianwiki.com/I'm_Sorry_Kang_Nam-Goo

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/아임_쏘리_강남구

Main site: http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/programSubCharacter.do?pgm_id=22000010063&pgm_build_id=20404&pgm_mnu_id=47095

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@euraka It's starting to get interesting. In preview for episode 6, may prove that Do Hoon is the son of the Chairman of TIMO's Group. Myung Sook is the evil mother.  The earlier episodes show the difficulties Mo Ah and Do Hoon go through. Both of them were raised in the orphanage and now living with MA's aunt, Sook Ja. Of course there's KN  who's the nasty MIL of Sook Ja(MA's aunt)  that complains constantly about having MA and DH living with them and wants them to leave. MA is the loving wife of Do Hoon who works two jobs so DH can complete his education. As the synopsis goes DH leaves MA when he finds out he's the lost son of the rich Chairman of the TIMO's Group but I think his evil mother plays an important role in him dumping MA. 

Nam Gu is an interesting character. Find him very funny! He's a "con man" that goes looking for "rich" young females. This is how he makes money by selling all the gifts he receives from them. He also uses the rich customers cars from his mother's car wash to impress  his rich female dates. He also has a kind heart and is a caring person. Do Hoon is a very complex character. This is probably due to the traumatic events that  happened when he went missing and landed in an orphanage. I have a strong feeling that his uncle, Tae Jin may have played a part in DH's disappearance. 

The subbing seems faster than the drama, "Always Spring". About one episode behind, so today's episode #5 was raw. Subbed up to episode 4. Looks like an interesting drama. Definitely lots of heartache for the main lead, MA. Want to know what happens to their son, Jae Min when DH divorces MA.

@0ly40 Thank you for opening this thread! Looks promising!!

9 minutes ago, Mailelei said:

@euraka It's starting to get interesting. In preview for episode 6, may prove that Do Hoon is the son of the Chairman of TIMO's Group. Myung Sook is the evil mother.  The earlier episodes show the difficulties Mo Ah and Do Hoon go through. Both of them were raised in the orphanage and now living with MA's aunt, Sook Ja. Of course there's KN  who's the nasty MIL of Sook Ja(MA's aunt)  that complains constantly about having MA and DH living with them and wants them to leave. MA is the loving wife of Do Hoon who works two jobs so DH can complete his education. As the synopsis goes DH leaves MA when he finds out he's the lost son of the rich Chairman of the TIMO's Group but I think his evil mother plays an important role in him dumping MA. 

Nam Gu is an interesting character. Find him very funny! He's a "con man" that goes looking for "rich" young females. This is how he makes money by selling all the gifts he receives from them. He also uses the rich customers cars from his mother's car wash to impress  his rich female dates. He also has a kind heart and is a caring person. Do Hoon is a very complex character. This is probably due to the traumatic events that  happened when he went missing and landed in an orphanage. I have a strong feeling that his uncle, Tae Jin may have played a part in DH's disappearance. 

The subbing seems faster than the drama, "Always Spring". About one episode behind, so today's episode #5 was raw. Subbed up to episode 4. Looks like an interesting drama. Definitely lots of heartache for the main lead, MA. Want to know what happens to their son, Jae Min when DH divorces MA.

@0ly40 Thank you for opening this thread! Looks promising!!

Thank you @Mailelei i will give it a try it seems interesting 

I watched episode 5 again subbed. Apparently MA was supposed to lose her job at TMO, but because she saved the TMO Chairman's life, he made her a full time employee vs a contract worker. MA gets to keep her job. In the mean time, Do Hoon is scheduled for a job interview and during the interview, Director Shin, who is the Chairman's brother finds out that DH lived in an orphanage when he was young. This revelation causes Director Shin to ask DH many questions, like "How old were you when you were sent there"?, "Do you remember where you got lost"? based on DH's answers; he could be the lost son of the Chairman and Director Shin's nephew. Since DH was in a car accident the day he disappeared and sustained an injury to his arm, it left a scar by his elbow. Can't remember which arm, I think it was the right. Director Shin asked him to row up his sleeves because if there was a scar there then possibly DH is the Chairman's son. At first only the front of the arms were checked but the scar's on the back by the elbow; so as DH's is leaving, Director Shin remembers the scar's on the back of the arm and shouts "WAIT"! Runs after him to check his arm again. END OF EPISODE!! Have to wait until Monday! Cliffhanger!!! I'm sure that a DNA test will be done before DH is recognized and is proclaimed the son of TMO's Chairman.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you, your families and loved ones!!!

All of the questions asked at the interview should have had nothing to do with why DH was there. It was invasive as well as disrespectful and the uncle was out of line. 

Now he is spazzing out at seeing that scar and I do not blame DH for storming out. Who asked someone to disrobe in an interview. It was demeaning to DH although he is a hot head and has already had a run in with the uncle who was disrespectful to someone just returning a found wallet. The uncle let personal issues get in the way of professional and when DH is found to be the missing son I doubt that there will be any love lost between these two. 

I have to wonder what happens to the chairman later that he allows MA, his sons wife to be treated the way his wife and DH will treat her. I know why DH and his mother will do it but why does the chairman? It is a shame that he allows it and takes away from the man I saw him as being .. but again perhaps he does not like that the boy was married without their input but of course with no way of knowing who he was why would they need to have that input in the first place. Either way I will be very shocked if he jumps on the band wagon to get rid of her too so the son is with someone better suited to their social standing or business standing. 

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone. 

On 12/22/2016 at 11:37 PM, Mailelei said:

As the synopsis goes DH leaves MA when he finds out he's the lost son of the rich Chairman of the TIMO's Group but I think his evil mother plays an important role in him dumping MA. 

Hi, @Mailelei  So your watching this one also, Yes I follow this drama to and pretty much summed it up like you did Evil MIL will have her son dumping his supported wife after all the hard work she has done for him of course I see a hefty payour going to her to get lost.. I also see the crazy Halmoni putting her out of the house after Dh gives Mom gives her money to do it making it seems like MA abandon him.. Of course I'm also wondering about whats going to happen to there child.. But your spot on thinking uncle had something to do with it you can best believe all kind of crazy is going to come out of him once DH moves in that house. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to have DH killed this time..

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

All of the questions asked at the interview should have had nothing to do with why DH was there. It was invasive as well as disrespectful and the uncle was out of line. 

Now he is spazzing out at seeing that scar and I do not blame DH for storming out. Who asked someone to disrobe in an interview. It was demeaning to DH although he is a hot head and has already had a run in with the uncle who was disrespectful to someone just returning a found wallet. The uncle let personal issues get in the way of professional and when DH is found to be the missing son I doubt that there will be any love lost between these two. 

I have to wonder what happens to the chairman later that he allows MA his sons wife to be treated the way his wife and DH will treat her. I know why DH and his mother will do it but why does the chairman. It is a shame that he allows it and takes away from the man I saw him as being .. but again perhaps he does not like that the boy was married without their input but of course with no way of knowing who he was why would they need to have that input in the first place. Either way I will be very shocked if he jumps on the band wagon to get rid of her too so the son is with someone better suited to their stature. 

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone. 

@Ldy Gmerm  Yes that interview was way over the top and out of line, DH is a threat to uncle all the hard work and sewat he has put in to keep DH away has gone down the drain. You so correct there will be no love lost between the two but mom will marry him off to some rich brat that family can be more supportive for DH because of uncle.. DH will be all about power and having people to bow down to him after all the years he's been look down upon.. But it won't take mom much to get him to dump MA because she don't fit they status and she has and influence over him that mom can't handle.. Remember MA always was the protector over DH and made all the decisions for him so mom is going to need him to man up which he can't do with MA around she knows to much about him..

Merry Christmas Everyone,    

@Ldy Gmerm As always you have such a talent for analyzing a scenario! I really like the way you explained the interview process between DH and Director Shin. He probably wanted to embarrass DH because of the wallet incident. I too wonder about the Chairman's involvement in the separation of DH and MA. The inevitable separation of DH and MA I'm sure will be quite traumatic for Ma and her family. My concern is for their son Jae Min. It's sad when a child's involved in a divorce. Have you noticed the "dramatic" music that is been played when something's going be revealed? Like, what's going on! Can't wait to find out!!! It will be interesting to see how the breakup of DH and MA will play out and what role Kang Nam Gu will have to help MA survive this traumatic event in her life!!

@sava2sava I also love your analysis of Myung Sook, DH's mom and the role she will play in dumping MA. The relationship between DH and Tae Jin , his uncle will also be interesting knowing they already dislike each other. Just wanted to mention that the actress playing DH's mother is a "great" actress. I have seen her in so many dailies in both good and evil mother's, mil's roles.

Thank you to both of you Ldy Gmerm and sava2sava for joining this thread. I felt kind of "lost" without "seasoned" Soompi members like you! So use to having your support in other threads!

@Mailelei

Director Shin used petty methods to try to embarrassed DH who he saw as trying to possibly cash in or his good deed. But I think once he heard he was an orphan he started asking other questions and it started to lead him to the fact that perhaps this man could be the missing nephew. His behavior was petty , biased and unprofessional. He had no real reasons to be asking pointed or leading questions about his past. Then to ask him to show him his arms it was weird and creepy and  a whole lot crazy. He did not even apologize for it just breathed a bit of relief at his not seeing that scar only to catch a glimpse of it as DH turned around to go. DH never got a fair shake in that interview as they never asked anything relevant to a job with that company. 

My main question is what will happen to the son. Will he be made to go with the family since he is a male child and can carry the line? Is that what they mean in the synopsis that she looses everything of meaning to her.. her husband, marriage and son? Or will they allow her to keep the boy as they do not want any ties to her so they can push him off on to another woman. DH does not look like he interacts much with his son and the responsibility of a wife and son seem to be too much for him when they have to struggle so much and he is looked down on. I hope that the child does not die but we will have to see what happens. Will they take that child by force from his mother or leave him with MA?

We have a chat room and we talk about this drama in messaging.. The biggest mistake that DH made was saying in class that love is forever and he has that love. That it does not change. He shows it changing every day when he has to swallow what he sees as his pride while MA is out working and doing anything she can for him to help him. He lied to that class and Nam Goo will remember this later when he and MA meet up again and he either remembers her or finds out she is DH's ex wife. DH told him that and yet he dropped his wife quick fast and in a hurry. That great love he spoke of did not last because DH let it go to be with his rich family. We have speculated that DH could very well think that he is doing this for his family and will come back later but the min he marries another he will never be able to get MA back. But he will try to tell her what to do later when she is with Nam Goo. 

@Ldy Gmerm, @Mailelei

DH and the Chairman are alike in personality. Both of them sit back and let other's do what should be their responsibility. The Chairman put all of the responsibility of finding his son on his brother. DH has sat back and let MA take on the responsibility of maintaining their family. DH's pride shows it's ugly little head when he's confronted with the fact that MA is the real bread winner in that family. She will do whatever it takes to make money to support her family. His mother will be the one that doesn't want MA as a daughter in law. She will see MA as having nothing to bring to the table from their marriage. MA is also an orphan which is another reason she will not fit into  their family image. The Chairman has said it himself the company comes first and I think the wife will convince him that MA is just not a good fit.

It won't take much for the mother to convince DH either.. He will see it as him being able to finally do something for his family. Him and MA would be better divorced and he can support them that way. Once he has established himself he would be able to go back. What's going to mess things up for him is his marriage to another woman. It just maybe a move to save the image of the company, but to MA it will be a betrayal. They never had a marriage ceremony and DH promised MA they would. When DH does have a marriage ceremony and it's not with MA  she will feel hurt and betrayed. There won't be any going back for DH because MA is one of those people who bounces back and moves on. When she does DH will get to experience some of his own medicine. He will feel betrayed because the love he thought MA only had for him will be gone. 

I'm also wondering what will happen with their child. I just don't see the mother wanting DH to have any connection left with MA including the son. She's the type that would try to send that child off to boarding school. This way he is completely out of sight and out of their lives. Another thing I've wondering is will MA get to keep her job. She probably will lose that also and the mother will be once again throwing money at her to get lost. 

@awsparkle Welcome back! WOW, I love your in - depth analysis of DH, Chairman,  MA and DH's mother!! I knew that it bothered DH that MA was the bread winner and he hates the life he has now. I can see why he would be easily swayed to leave MA so he can reap the benefits of the "RICH" life. I wonder if he's going to try to send MA money but she will refuse because he left her? I can also see DH and his uncle TJ at each other's throat re who takes over the company in the future. This drama looks promising and l look forward to the role KNG will play in helping MA get on her feet again. OH so HAPPY to see you back! Look forward to more of your in - depth analysis of each character and the drama!!!

Archived