[Drama 2016-2017] I'm Sorry Kang Nam Goo/아임 쏘리 강남구. Thanks of all for your support!!

0ly40

@MaileleiI think TSITS is "That Sun in the Sky", a current daily drama. I thought the female lead in that show was as dumb as a rock, and I dropped that show after a couple of episodes. Looks like I might have been mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time! :huh:

10 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

This drama is probably the worst example I've seen yet of how these daily Kdramas go to extremes to debase, denigrate, abuse, and misuse women.  So much so that I can't bear to watch them any more.  Yes, I know they all work together for good in the end, but why are the lead women always dehumanized and objectified?  These writers need some serious therapy.  I would love to see storylines where the female leads take no crap from the rich psychos and always come out on top of the evil plots to destroy them.  There is one that comes somewhat close right now, and that's TSITS. 

I'll have to stop watching this one as well and just keep up with this thread.  My heart can't take another female role beat down.

I agree with you--this show is a tough watch. I try to be patient for the scenes with Park Sun Ho (KNG). He's the only reason I've reached this point in the drama. I thought he did a great job in "Start Again". I was thrilled to see him get the lead role, and be a good guy as well. I'm just at the verge of losing patience with this show and the awful way Mo Ah is treated. KNG better saddle up that proverbial white horse and shine up his suit of armor with some of that car polish ASAP! He's got some work to do. I really want to see some Karma handed out to DH's wicked mom, and DH as well for abandoning his wife. 

My biggest concern is the son Jae Min. Is this kid's life about to get destroyed as well? DH's conniving mom sure seems like she wants to warp this young man's brain--look at the rude little snots she invited over for the "playdate". That was a horrific scene. One of my operating principles of watching Kdramas is that no grievous harm comes to a child as a result of deliberate action by another character. (Yeah, I will never watch "God's Gift 14 days"!) I will throw in the towel for this show if JM ends up being like his school chums. 

I hope there is some writer-nim out there in DramaLand who hears your plea (and mine) for a storyline with a female lead that takes no crap from the rich psychos. Unfortunately, many women are treated just like Mo Ah all over the world, and it's sadly relatable on a certain level. The flip side of this is to educate sons to not participate in jerky behavior toward women.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@shamrockmom Thank you for your answer. Never watched "That Sun In The Sky" and probably won't. Thank you for most interesting and informative post!  I, too was shocked at what came out of those "little rich kids" mouths! I can't believe this scene was even allowed to be shown. Hope there were people that wrote to SBS condemning that scene! Can't wait for MA's torturing to be over so NG can come to her rescue.

Looks like TJ will use the video re MA being hypnotized against MS and demand she give him 2% of her shares. TJ and MS are two of a kind! Greed for power! But in TJ's case, it's also for revenge for the death of his son! Can't believe the writers let MA find out so soon that MS was responsible for the victim lying about her father being the hit and run driver. We know what her fate will be, that she will be abandoned by DH and his family. Not sure if she figured out that she was hypnotized also. She does try to defend herself with whatever evidence she has but apparently DH doesn't listen to her. Also with TJ joining MS to quicken the divorce, how can she win against them!

Want to know when the recording of TJ and MS Conversation will be revealed and who will discover it? Will it be YH? The writers also seem to still dwell on NG and YH's relationship. I think NG will be hurt when YH marries DH, because he looks like he does have some feelings for her, but doesn't want to get closer to her. It could be he just feels sorry for her because of her infertility. I see that NH, NG's sister has taken a liking to her.

Ugh. So, NG asks YH to marry him in the preview. He clearly has feelings for YH at this point. I guess this makes sense in order to give NG a more in depth story while MA is going down her path of being kicked out by DH and his family, but it makes it uncertain what the romantic square, as it will become at some point, is going to be like. I guess I was naively assuming that MA would be NG's first love, but perhaps that wouldn't make as much sense since MA sincerely loves DH at the moment and has loved him for a long, long time. This way, both NG and MA will have broken hearts to overcome. Still, it feels as if this drama still has a LOT of painful angst to get through. 

@stroppyse NG definitely has feelings for YH. If he didn't he wouldn't have asked YH to marry him. Like you said both NG and MA will have broken hearts. Maybe this is why they will be drawn to each other. 

I'm surprised that the writers decided to have MA discover MS's  scheme to hypnotize her to implicate her father as the hit and run driver, and paying the victim to lie; and TJ's role in MS's scheme. MA has enough evidence to expose both TJ and MS but can't believe she shows the teddy bear that recorded their conversation to MS. MA should know by now never to underestimate MS! Judging by the preview, MS will destroy the bear. I sure hope MA recorded the conversation on another tape recorder. Maybe this early discovery was to have more drama before the inevitable happened----the departure of MA!

Yes, definitely more angst to come! Looks like SJ's MIL will not accept her back because of her father's crime! Where is she going to go? SJ' her aunt, has said she would leave if MA is not welcomed there. I'm glad that MA's brother, MH stood up to TJ and said that he will prove his father's innocence! We must brace ourselve for what's to come--- the pain , suffering, and heartache facing MA!

The scene where MS apologizes to SJ and her family was so funny! MA refuses to budge until MS reveals that she implicated MA's father falsely to get rid of MA and she will not do that again--- which we know she will try again. 

TJ's able to convince DH to get rid of the recording because he needs his mother by his side to help him become CEO. TJ also works on MA to keep her quiet. What a guy! DH should have told MA the truth about replacing the recording and destroying the real one. He's now going to the "DARK" side and losing the trust That MA has for him.

i wonder what the police/detective said to MH re his father's hit and run accident. Their father is innocent, but what made him run out the door? Some other information was given to MH that we were not privileged to hear. Hope it's revealed soon!

Looks like from the preview, DH and YH, his future wife meet.

What a twist! After watching episode 24 it seems that NG is asked by DH to take the fall for MS. I'm assuming that in return, NG's business will be saved because DH and family will buy the property and take care of his mother and sister while he's in prison. BUT WAIT, in the preview for 25, MA approaches NG by the river, and possibly convinced NG not to take the deal? Then DH, MS and TJ come up with an idea to frame MA sending her to prison. Another scenario, NG does take the deal, goes to prison, MA divorces DH and leaves. MA vows to help NG take revenge on DH and family when he's released. While NG's in prison, I see something happening to NH, his sister. Knowing MS, she would definitely find a reason to send NH away to a mental hospital to keep her quiet. Even if she's mentally impaired, NH does remember some of MS's conversation re the slush fund.

DH has turned so evil just like his mother MS! He steals NG's plan and lies to him about not seeing it. He's now ashamed of MA and wants her to go to college in the US, and act like a rich snob. Such BETRAYAL!!  I guess his love for her is not strong anymore.

Next week may tell us what happens to MA and NG!

@Mailelei

Life for NG has been a struggle and he has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. He wants a better life for his mother and sister but he has gone about trying to get it the wrong way. Those scams he was running on those rich girls were wrong and it's why he could never catch that big break he was looking for. NG thought since the rich destroyed his life he could use the rich to built him a good life. He thought he was using DH but unknowing to him he was being used. by DH. Their friendship is about to end over what they both wanted which is money and power. NG has to be made to realize taking the fall for MS still will not give him and his family a good life. He's going to jail which will not make life easy for his family. They may have money to live off of but they will no longer have him. His sister said before she cannot live without NG so life for her surly wouldn't be any better. This is where I think MA will come in at and convince him not to do it. 

What I think and hope will happen is neither NG nor MA will end up in jail, but will be cast aside by DH and MS. When it's found out it was MA who stopped NG. DH will completely turn away from MA. Add in DH's attraction to SH will add another step towards divorce. I think DH's betrayal will be SH and him helping his mother take JM from MA. 

MA did say that JM and DH is everything to her so losing them is her losing everything. Along with NG not taking the fall the China deal will probably fall through. NG has already done the work  to get the deal started all DH has to do is follow the plan outline he stole from NG. My hope is by the time DH realizes he still needed NG he would have burnt his bridges with NG. The two people who would have been in his corner all the way he threw away. 

The whole slush fund investigation smells of TJ big time. MS thought she was slick and no one knew what she was doing but TJ did. He knows she's a dirty greedy crook and has been watching her for years. Now he has to also deal with her rat of a son who he sees can become as big of a problem for Timo. TJ already suspect something is not right about the home shopping idea DH presented. He knows DH is not that quick and smart and inexperienced to even come up with an idea like that. TJ didn't put up much of a fight about DH being handed a directors position because of his brother. He knows how much his brother has suffered over the years over his son being lost. Now that TH has his son back he doesn't want to be the one to crush him by telling him his son is a rat like his mother. Timo group means everything to the brothers and they've worked hard to build it. He's not going to sit back and let two greedy rats gobble it up. His brother will have to see it for himself with a little help from him in the background. 

I did hope at one time that it would turn out that NG was the real lost son or TJ's son but now I don't. Life threw some bad turns at MA, NG and DH. All three were dealt a bad hand and now one has climbed out. DH was able to climbed out and take his rightful place, but how he goes about it will become a problem for the other two. DH will step on them to keep his place and leave them behind. NG and MA will climb out but by their own boot strings and not by using, stepping on or over anyone else. DH will end up at the bottom of the pit again with no way out but to looked towards the two he stepped on and left behind. .They will help him out  but  that's all they will do. 

@awsparkle Thank you for your analysis on the situations I presented. I admire MA for convincing NG not to take the deal and destroy his life. He deserves better. Yes, I see YH as the reason DH abandons MA. I really felt sorry for DH at the beginning of the drama because of the torment he went through, but not now. His greed for power and money has changed him so much I don't recognize him anymore. All the dishonest things he's doing just unbelievable! 

I look forward to the friendship of NG and MA and how they join forces to fight against TJ, MS and DH. Feel sorry for the Chairman who doesn't deserves to be hurt but probably will be because of the evilness of the others.

i lost all hope for DH. when he destory his wife tape. this greeding richard simmons is out for himself. he could careless who he hurt.
as long as it not him or his ma.

i just waiting for MA/NG to start their love story. i hope it dont end up like you are a gifts. that drama ending was bad for the two lead.

@Mailelei

I never liked nor felt sorry for DH. He let life's hardship fester inside him and blamed the world for his predicament. His abandonment issues made him depend on others and not on making life better for himself. I also don't think DH really loves MA  but it's more of a dependency thing with him. She has gotten him as to the point he is now and he sees her as not being good enough. If he did love MA he wouldn't have let his mother hide his wife not for a second. 

Family is important to MA and it's why she was so taken back when DH said they were useless to his family and they've been so all their lives. It was really a slap in MA's face because she has been his family most of their lives so he also sees her as useless. 

I'm also looking forward to NG's and MA's relationship to start. Also the relationship between the uncle CS and NH. Their relationship will probably be funny and full of cuteness. 

@awsparkle Now that I have read your post, I feel like DH was also using MA knowing that she would do anything for him. Now that he has no use for her because of his richness and the backing of his powful parents, he's ready to dump her. Looks like he's going to continue using people to get to the top. First it was MA then NG. Who's next? He's going to be one pathetic person when he falls and no one will be there to pick him up. So sad!

Archived