[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

On 22/08/2017 at 12:09 PM, saanjh sena said:

Only one month left and still no official posters and teaser. I really wish to see posters or teaser as soon as possible. 

SBS plz.....release it.

On 28/08/2017 at 6:19 AM, Riman Rakshit said:

SBS I want my teasers!!

Only a month to go, and nothing yet, why??

Is it normal that they haven't yet realized some teaser or something?? I hope they will start doing something this week...

WYWS doesn't seem much hyped so far...

SBS seems to be in the red this year financially, so it's maybe why they don't promote/hype their dramas as well and as much as before(?), they want to save money and don't want to invest much in it(?), or something like that... Not sure if that's the reason why they haven't yet realized something for WYWS... Maybe we're just too impatient! lol... but they might at least realize the "first script reading" pics, though.

Last year wasn't a very good year for SBS, they invested a lot on "Moon Lovers", "Saimdang" & "LOTBS", these three dramas are big budget dramas and with big casting, but they all have underperformed. (It wasn't a good year with their Variety shows too)

"LOTBS" had good ratings but SBS thought that this drama would be as successful as "DOTS" (especially with a big casting like JJH & LMH, & scripwriter PJE), and not only in terms of ratings but also in terms of hype & impact. But the hype & impact weren't really here and the ratings struggled to exceed 20%, I don't think they gained much from this drama compared to how much they invested in it,... + they can't make money with China because of the ban.

"Saimdang" is a big budget pre-production, which took 10 months of filming (from August 10, 2015 to June 4, 2016), 10 months is really a lot, it takes a lot of time & money, and which has been very hyped since 2015, so 2 years before the broadcast. And with very recognized & very well-paid actress Lee Young-Ae. They also invested heavily on this pre-production but the result was weak & disappointing, and they lost much from that.

"Moon Lovers" is also a big budget pre-production, and it was over-promoted & over-hyped with their multiple popular actors/idols as cast, but it flopped.

So idk, maybe this year they are more careful.

• Like 5

7 New Korean Dramas In September 2017 With Lee Jong Suk, EXO’s Kai, Park Shi Hoo And More!

7.  WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING

September Korean Dramas

SBS continues on its prosecutor-themed story parade, but this time with a fantasy twist.  Dapper Lee Jong Suk (W: Two Worlds) is back to play a rookie prosecutor, who will prevent a woman’s horrible premonitions from coming true.

Suzy Bae (Uncontrollably Fond) plays as the woman, who sees future unfortunate events through her dreams.  Both actors previously worked with writer Park Hye Run, who penned Pinocchio, I Hear Your Voice and Dream High.

PD Oh Choong Wan called the shots for this pre-produced drama. Knowing his grasp on the fantasy genre with You From Another Star and The Girl Who Sees Smell, I think the hype for this legal-romance drama is seriously justified, together these anticipated actors.

While You Were Sleeping will kick off on September 27 for SBS midweek drama at 10PM.

read more at http://www.hellokpop.com/list/7-korean-dramas-september-2017/

• Like 8

@didi31 Yeah perhaps coz of lack of funds, like I heard they are in the red after China hallyu ban. Or perhaps they want to wait and release it later. Usually for pre-produced dramas, promotions start early, don't know why its taking so long for WYWS. Let's wait for a couple more days and see:)

They can at least start releasing the the script-reading pics, built some hype around the drama

SBS hurry up!!

• Like 7