[Taiwanese Drama 2017] The Perfect Match 極品絕配

tompark

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooo where was the longer preview? I just finished ep 10. I must admit I rewound it a few times because I was so amused with the preview. I just love the sudden engagement announcement. And how she thought if she approved of Ruxi it is alright with TE. And the whole collapse? Hahaha. This is why I love TW and KD. All these collapses. I am sure it is gastritis but the rate people collapse from fevers and stomach pains on dramas just makes me laugh.

Anyway it is a  Mechelin star restaurant. Excuse the snob in me having night market cooks coming to cook in it. By the way, I say it again, their plating is so passe. The production crew should have really kept up with the times. Or look and read some gourmet food magazines even if they can't hire a food consultant. @angelica101- you say you live in Scandinavia. There are a few Michelin star restaurants in those countries. You would know what I mean if you google photos of their dishes. Plating levels at these places are superb and visually arresting.

This episode was such a filler. Also I did spend a bit of time admiring TE's mother's dress and figure. One of the most flattering outfits I have seen in awhile. Flattering and feminine and not tacky like I have seen on some shows. Or making the mother characters look older than they are.

Just found the longer preview. I have to say I like the escape scene. Not the thing Ting En usually would do. Pluss, I hate this mum. Can't stand her. 

@ck1Oz Haha, I actually went to a Michelin restaurant last month (talk about coincidence). But yeah, I totally see what you mean. All the dishes are almost like art that you can't want to ruin. Of course, there are different types av Michelin restaurants, but since La Mure are supposed to be the fancy high-end restaurant, I would be quite disappointed if it was a real restaurant. 

Funny sidenote: When I translated the preview, I just found out that Wei Fenqing and the Chinese pronunciation for fiancée is almost the same. Did they do that on purpose?:lol:

Oh yeah didn't notice that re her name. They do it all the time in Korean dramas but don't know enough to comment on a TW. Word play is very common in KD that's why explanations are given in parantheses in KD.  But the last syllable for her name is different so didn't notice it. It has to have the exact pronunciation for me to say it was purposeful

Yeah I only commented on it because I think she was plating a dish with a carnation in ep 10. Isn't thst a flower which requires a lot of chemical spraying?  When restaurants plate with flowers it is usually done with edible blooms or even if not edible it is not those commercial flowers. And the dishes are dry. Mostly fried with no puree or sauces even jellied. And frankly I do know market food uses a lot of #621 aka MSG. Anyway I am not going to dwell on it. 

The mother? Nah... she is mild compared to the Korean weekend dramas mothers. Hahaha. She is only arrogant and manipulative. Anyway announcing an engagement is one sure way to sabotage it. I did like the way Chris Wu crashes straight down onto the floor. And then Fenqing with her leg up on the chair. That made me laugh too. My uncle used to tell me to sit properly and not sit like a rickshaw driver. That was so cliché to show how uncouth she was. Being uneducated doesn't make a person uncouth. But sometimed cliché  scenes from drama writers makes me laugh. 

Gotta go... done my soompi forum rounds. I was just at a gourmet food festival in my city yesterday. It's autumn here so it was all wood fired stuff and pork loins over open flames. Or chargrilled corn. All good stuff since I live in Australia and all Australian produce and wine. Then I saw the fried food with carnations and a rose today. That's why I laughed. And their deconstructed looking dishes looks too simple.

@catocat thanks for posting the new preview. * bouncing in my seat waiting for it * Sweet. So the romance moves forward. At least TE is decisive. Especially when the girl is clueless. Lol... the grandmother's suggestion.

@catocat I was finally able to watch the episode 9 and 10 in a row and I must say that I liked the kiss. I am glad that the romance is moving forward and if you pay attention in the preview, it is XB who is pushing Wei to the front next to Huo Tingen which I find sweet from him. Fortunately, Huo Tingen has such a good friend who knows exactly what TG is feeling and thinking. Wei FQ is the right person for Tingen because she is strong-willed and even stubborn. TG needs such a partner who will stop his mother from forcing him things to do he doesn't want. Huo Tingen is still suffering from his sister's loss and he doesn't have the strength and energy to fight against his mother. TZ is also a weak person who allows his mother and his fiance to do things he doesn't want to. This competition is totally nonsense because TZ knows that TG isn't after the inheritance. Both women (TG's mother and TZ's mother) are too proud and greedy in the end. Ruxi is definitely not the right person for TG as she will become the puppet of TG's mother and her father. She would have to act like TZ's fiance. I hope, TG leaves this company in the end and opens his own restaurant with Wei FQ, since it is not his dream in the end. He loves cooking and we could see that being Lead manager is not really satisfying him. 

This drama is quite good because even the second leads like Ah Wei or Ruxi are behaving like typical second leads: jealousy drives them crazy and they play really dirty. So far, nothing like that has happened.

Thoughts for this weeks episode: 

Spoiler

The first 3 minutes-.- Xiao Bins reaction:lol: 

I do feel bad for Ah Wei. He tried his best to protect Fenqing, but he didn't realise that he more like a family than anything else. He like Fenqing so much that he can be annoying and juvenile when talking to Ting En. The last thing Fenqing would think of is that Ah Wei like her more than a family. His heart will break so bad the following episode. 

I'm glad that Ting En decided to let the death of her sister go. i do think he is ready to forgive David and himself for the death after Fenqing pushed him to the edge. 

And the whole announcement drama... Aigoo, what can I say... I'm glad that Ting En was smart (or not) to drag Fenqing into this. Maybe because I'm the not the adventurous kind of person (or boring), but normal people wouldn't say yes to be someones fiancée after 8 days-.- 

Another thing that made a big impact on me, is the story of Yuqing about girls is worth less in her family. My family wasn't that bad, but when my grandmother was still alive, she always preferred my male cousins. While they got money when they met my grandmother, the girls always got fruit or nothing. There are so many of these childhood memories that I can't believe that kind of mindset is still so strong in some part of the Chinese society. 

We got 3 (!) previews already: 

Translation as spoilers: 

Spoiler

Fenqing: Don't come here! 

Ting En: You have to get used to our relationship

Fenqing: What relationship?

Ting En: We are engaged

Ting Ens' mother: Well, then Ruxi can also moved in with us. 

It's not easy to be Ting Ens' wife (the sentence puts more                              focus on their position in the family). She is not only                                      elegant in the public, but also a good housewife. And also..

Ting Ens' stepmother: ... good at bed 

Ting Ens' mother: I can't believe you are so crazy now. Your nose is bleeding 

Ting Ens' stepmother: We have to help Fenqing and kick out Ruxi. In that way we can keep our positions in the family 

(there are so many idioms and expressions that I don't know how to translate. Sorry, that's the best I can do...)

Spoiler

Ting En: Why aren't you wearing any clothes? 

I saw it, but what I saw shouldn't be a big deal? 

Fenqing: What you saw is exactly what you saw!

Spoiler

Ah Wei: Even though I did all of that, why can't I get your heart? 

Fenqing! 

You can't leave him, and you can leave me (?)

Sorry for a looong post

Huh where are you watching the translated episodes? I have been waiting for viki if I needed to. I watched ep 11 raw today. Don't have time to write much but I was squeling laughing watching it. And repeated a few scenes too many times. Totally up my alley. And man all those skinship moments. And Ruxi was dumb today using Fate as a guide whether she should stay by his side.

And the TL side story was a surprise. I thought the guy abandoned her. So totally shocked he was there today and still in love with her.

Anyway the cohabitation preview was unexpected. I laughed way too hard. I don't watch Chris Wu much but boy I have never seen an actor in briefs so many times ever. In one drama. Is he supposed to be famous for some attributes I totally missed? Not even being perverted here. There are way too many episodes of him in his underwear. 

I repeated the collapse, grandma shoving FQ onto his bed. And was that a wet bar in the hospital room. This episode has amused me too much. 

And was he in bed with her? Hahaha.

@angelica101 oh so common in Asian society. Still.  My mother received a dowry when her father died. The brothers received land and money. People don't have as many  children these days so not so obvious. Having said that both my parents even though Western educated aka UK paid for a private college for my brother and his overseas degree. Both my sister and I paid for our own while working. He is an alright brother and all. But just saying he had priority and the youngest. Can't beat those richer parents who give an apartment and houses to their son on their marriage though. And those are my contemporaries.

@angelica101 Your translations are great and thanks so much for doing that. @ck1Oz Wow i know older people are set in their ways but living in the society we do now you would think they'd seen better ideals for raising their children. My aunt doesn't want my cousin to date outside our race which i think is not okay even though she wasn't harsh about it, it's still backwards living imo. Soon all their ideals will die out and praising boys over girls and dating someone outside your race won't be an issue . 

I dont think we will hear any more about Tingen's sister at least not from him as a heart broken big brother, i'd say he got closer and his pain will lessen with time. Although his mother is a different story. She a massive hypocrite who doesn't know how to let go and accept defeat. While i don't care for the crazy step mother i can understand her bitterness and petty ways. While TingEn's mother was a mistress and not the second wife who came in with children of her own and was given shares of he company, and even if she has worked hard to build the company and raise her children i don't think she realizes the real issue. Maybe if she were more humble and less of a entitled control freak i could like her. 

Ruxi..smh i feel sorry for her. She let others fuel her attraction for Tingen, now shes got her heart broken and wont take no for an answer. Or maybe if Tingen would stop hiding behind others in this situation and say to her face i want to just be friends or i have feelings for someone else she might back down. The problem is everyone is in her ear and she has yet to hear anything similar from Tingen...JS. 

I so did not see the cohabitation coming, for any of the girls, i mean the whole hospital scene was cute and if we could have more it ill cheer all the way through the rest of the episodes. Its a drama troupe i love. 

I wont say "poor Ah Wei" ill say "stupid Ah Wei". He should have been more aggressive in pursuing Fenqing. Did he not realize she treats him like her brother, or from when she went to the party with Tingen that he should make a move then. The level of petty he was on in the bathroom scene was sad. I mean the whole sink thing then yelling at him through the bathroom stall was a bit much...high school. I like that Fenqing is aggressive and take charge type of girl like Tingen. They both speak their minds and don't like to linger on issues that make them upset. They are the 'Let's get this all out in the open" type, where he falls short she doesn't and vise versa. She wouldn't like someone like Ah Wei in a romantic way. 

I really enjoyed ep 11, brought back the antics and story progression from the beginning of the drama and the previews for ep 12 I CAN'T WAIT!!

I had to watch ep 10 today cause subs weren't at 100% for quite a few days..Felt nice to watch 2 episodes back to back.

@funnyhunny07 . I agree with you that Huo Tingen's mother is a hypocrite. But she is also greedy, ambitious and arrogant. I have been thinking, she should marry Ruxi's father... she would be perfect for him. She keeps saying that she is doing it for Huo Tingen's sake, whereas in fact, it is all for herself. She doesn't want to be seen as the mistress and second wife any longer. Ruxi got hurt because of her father and TG's mother. 

I have the impression that TZ should break up with his fiance and take Ruxi as his fiance. First of all, he would finally be able to escape from his mother's grip.

It was a great episode and we can sense that TG really wants Wei FQ as his fiance. Let us practice! :grin: LOL

30 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@funnyhunny07 . I agree with you that Huo Tingen's mother is a hypocrite. But she is also greedy, ambitious and arrogant. I have been thinking, she should marry Ruxi's father... she would be perfect for him. She keeps saying that she is doing it for Huo Tingen's sake, whereas in fact, it is all for herself. She doesn't want to be seen as the mistress and second wife any longer. Ruxi got hurt because of her father and TG's mother. 

I have the impression that TZ should break up with his fiance and take Ruxi as his fiance. First of all, he would finally be able to escape from his mother's grip.

It was a great episode and we can sense that TG really wants Wei FQ as his fiance. Let us practice! :grin: LOL

Yeah i think TZ likes Ruxi too, he spends more time with her than TG and he made sure to stress that his fiance was a business partner. But he seems so unhappy so i think him going rouge is coming soon. But Ruxi is stuck on TG...for now. Not too sure how that will help TZ. 

Lolol. I repeated it because I couldn't believe it. @K4Ice thanks for posting it. Is that FQ tied up in bed? And the mother finding them like that? And did he really have a nosebleed?

But eeek why was she even in his bedroom at night. For him to ask her to sleep in his bed.

Darn I have a kids birthday party to attend on Sat. Can't even find time to watch it. But goodness me it all looks rather risqué. Just the way I like my dramas.

5 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Lolol. I repeated it because I couldn't believe it. @K4Ice thanks for posting it. Is that FQ tied up in bed? And the mother finding them like that? And did he really have a nosebleed?

But eeek why was she even in his bedroom at night. For him to ask her to sleep in his bed.

Darn I have a kids birthday party to attend on Sat. Can't even find time to watch it. But goodness me it all looks rather risqué. Just the way I like my dramas.

@K4Ice thanks for the new preview! :)I believe that Huo Tingen will ask FQ to sleep in the bed next to him, however she has this terrible habit to move during her sleep so that she keeps slapping him (like in the tent). At the end, his nose bleeds and he decides to tie her up. I am glad that TG is pursuing FQ. Sure, he asked her for a favour, yet the fact that he asked her to get used to holding hands aso is an indication that he wants more than a fake fiance. 

Is it just me or that granny of his managed to put some kind of contract or agreement in all of those pile of things Tingen signed? She called XiaoBi... and in the next morning he was there with all that stack of papers to be signed and Tingen as always didn't read them! 

Being true I surely hope us something good for these two! She really seems to fancy Wei F! 

Can't wait for Sundays episode .. I'm expecting even more funny and huge chemistry moments

Archived