[Taiwanese Drama 2017] The Perfect Match 極品絕配

tompark

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 1st comment in out of Kdrama subforum.

Too Cliche and still too Addictive. As soon as Opening started and Ting En poked right cheek of Wei, I was hooked.

NEW TRAILER OF Episode 6 - oh ho ho Ting En

This is ep 4 trailer i watched a few days ago and Ting En is dancing with Ru Xi who is in a black dress. Yeah, This white and black dress shows much about characters. just look at 1st 3 seconds of video.

7 days training is like bullet train. Relationship development is amazingly fast. I'm not sure we gonna  even get those 18 episodes because i read on reddit that production budget of each episode is merely 9,000$.

Already Listened the Original Version of both songs. Just search GBOYSWAG and Jia Jia.

I'm here and i love it! I've been a Chris Wu fan since Substitute Princess *cough* terrible *cough* He carried the drama IMO.

The only way i can manage to get through the week of waiting is to join a form. I haven't watched a good Taiwanese drama in a while so im glad i came back for Chris..and now Ivy. I believe Chris is an amazing actor ( i know this isnt his personal page but i wanted to praise him none-the-less) But i feel he is so underrated. He does some amazing dramas and i cant find them anywhere subbed. While he does do main stream stuff the writing isn't always that great so i feel he takes a step down because of that. Ive come o realize that many sites dont sub Chinese or Taiwanese drama that much, they're a hard find, or maybe i give up too quickly. I might have to just move there and learn the language.   

But even though this drama is slightly ridiculous (the norm for a majority of Tdramas) i cant help but want more. i probably should have waited before starting it but i havent done a week to week Tdrama in a long time. chirs and Ivy are worth it. 

The same Previews can have 3-5 seconds of different scenes. We all have seen the preview and here is 1 more New Preview

Also, The 17 seconds preview i posted above is of Episode 06.

Chris Vu and Ivy Shao has won my heart. The way Ting En interact with Wei brings much new to this show. Ting En the Experienced, Graduated from a top Uni. and talented Chef  Wei - Inexperienced, Genius and maybe graduated from high school or non-popular university. Ting En knwos Wei can achieve much with the Talent she has. This is why their talk and arguments takeover those cliches and make this show much more appealing. Show's tone is quite positive. And things happen fast. Characters have personality and depth and theme of Cooking is properly being explored here. Show balances the romance and cooking pretty well.

I think, This Week Scriptwriter fooled most of the audience. You think " Oh drunk and sleep together Cliche" shines again but no Writer turned it into something refreshing. And now i love this same refresh cliche.

On 4/2/2017 at 4:11 PM, catocat said:

The same Previews can have 3-5 seconds of different scenes. We all have seen the preview and here is 1 more New Preview

Also, The 17 seconds preview i posted above is of Episode 06.

Chris Vu and Ivy Shao has won my heart. The way Ting En interact with Wei brings much new to this show. Ting En the Experienced, Graduated from a top Uni. and talented Chef  Wei - Inexperienced, Genius and maybe graduated from high school or non-popular university. Ting En knwos Wei can achieve much with the Talent she has. This is why their talk and arguments takeover those cliches and make this show much more appealing. Show's tone is quite positive. And things happen fast. Characters have personality and depth and theme of Cooking is properly being explored here. Show balances the romance and cooking pretty well.

I think, This Week Scriptwriter fooled most of the audience. You think " Oh drunk and sleep together Cliche" shines again but no Writer turned it into something refreshing. And now i love this same refresh cliche.

I agree with you, the writer has taken the cliché events and made them refreshing and new. And it seems more real that way. Seems that ting en gave wei fieting* his shirt but then some boxers to use as shorts, not she was naked after they did the deed then clothed her. He was a gentleman that was drunk. They were so funny after waking up "YOU HAVE MY CLOTHES ON AND I DONT" "AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MEET YOUR MOM?" And the way they flashed back together...I need more now T__T

I'm so in love with this couple it's hard to wait each week. Their talks are so real and knowledgeable,  Chris has a great way of teaching ppl, he brings it from each perspective without belittling or bashing. I say Chris cause in his other dramas he was the same way, knowledgeable and patient. When he talks to her about a method or teaching her a technique I toon in so much I feel like I'm there next to him listening and not behind a screen. I'm crazy I know

So, let's talk about that last episode. I really like how the writers tied up the cellar party. The last episode, I thought it was really unrealistic for the Chairman Wang to ask Fen Qing to cook something at the party to go along with his wine, because he was salty that she caught that the food wasn't fresh. But, the storyline of her and Ting En getting drunk and waking up together, then slowly trying to figure out how they got like that, was well done. I also like how Ting En's mom assumed he had Meng Xui over and she was the one who had spent the night.

This is the point in the drama where usually we get a lot of filler, and the drama tends to lag a bit, but the entire episode flew by, and I feel like we learned a lot. Her brother was totally reckless not taking seriously the fact that he almost got his girlfriend pregnant. I really like how Ting En stepped up to let Fen Qing know he would take responsibility. It's funny how he doesn't realize how deep his feelings are for her yet. Even his assistant-friend has figured it out. It's like dude, you followed her all the way to a gynecologist's office and even confronted her about possibly having their baby!!! I was laughing out loud at this.

One thing for certain, Fen Qing has some growing and maturing to do. She is quick-tempered and often speaks before she thinks. I like how Ting En is patient and will pull her to the side and explain things to her from a broad perspective, and get her thinking about her actions. I see both of them growing and changing because of each other.

@nubianlegalmind I was pretty excited for episode 5 because of the preview and then a lot of my enthusiasm flew away the way Scriptwriter and Writer handled the party scene. Editing lags a bit and director need to be extra active. Whenever a moment or act is shown from different angles you can clearly see some difference in Actors posture and moments.

But Then again small talk of Tine En and Wei Fen Qing was quite meaningful as Ting En was speaking from experience. What people believe plays a significant role in their decisions and Wei Appreciates her Night Market family a lot. So even if Wei is in position of Ting En, She will take it quite differently and will do better than Ting En who lost a big part of happiness.

I was thinking - something happened or not. As @funnyhunny07 . said Wei wore Ting En's shirt and boxers. Cliche says something happened but the kind of explanation Scriptwriter came up with is obvious but it can also be accepted to a certain point. I checked VIKI age and this show is PG-13 and they already showed bed scene. I don't think they will show something extra of give clue that something has already happened. It all is left to Audiences Guess. And they know Audience can understand everything. AHEM. I also liked that scriptwriter didn't try to make the morning wakeup scene extra dramatic. After, Initial reaction both talked and tried to remember things and Wei is more of a TomBoy so it also helps.

Wei's brother's act reminded Ting En of his sister. That young brother has fairly big ideas and the fact he is just a teenager and irresponsible kid and immature.Xiao Ben is such a good friend and understands Ting En better. It those who are around us know us better. Again Pregency scene was handled pretty well. No extra confusion of misunderstandings or drama. Scriptwriter solves problems the earliest and both Ting En and Wei communicate and solve things as soon as possible. That's another plus for this show.

Ting En 1st saw his sister's similarities with Wei - Then saw the Natural Talent and then started to see Wei as a Girl. So Tinge En's feelings progressed quite fast and consistently and in right direction.

Ting En surely is in spring of love I think Ting En is on Level 3.5 and Wei is on Level 1.5

The way Ting En puts things forward helps Wei quite a bit. Broader Perspective is direct result of Ting En's experience in his profession.

I want to know the age of Both Ting En and Wei Fen Qing - surely Ting En is older than Wei.

Also a lot of Behind the Scene videos are available on Youtube now.

@funnyhunny07 . @Claudia Ximena @nubianlegalmind It's sunday in Taiwan and Episode 06 is 99% done by Viki Team. I aso felt some dialouges were missing in Episode 5 but Viki Showed Translation 100% Done. It was maybe because of Long Dialouge converted into 1 line translation by Viki Team.

Time to watch the episode. Also There are 3 Youtube Channels that provide Previews and all have same previews but one provides extra 17 seconds preview and the preview i posted above is of Episode 7!!! because a new preview is of Ep 8 or 9.

NEW TRAILER - Why is so no one active now? Comment everyone. I don't wish to post consecutively and ramble alone.

Seems like Wei is seeing too much of Ting En - Daydreaming.

@catocat You're not alone on this thread. :)I posted some comments before. I have just finished watching the episode 6 and we can see that little by little Huo Tingen is accepting his feelings for Wei. Right now he was more into her than she was into him. As you mentioned it, Wei has never noticed that Ah Wei and Huo Tingen had been attracted to her. So the love confession is interesting because for the first time, she can finally view Huo Tingen as a man and not as a chef. The love confession opens her eyes. As for Ah Wei, his past makes it difficult for Wei to see that he had fallen in love with her. She can not imagine that he could found a new love interest so easily. For her, he is just her best friend.

Besides, Wei will find out about the loss of his little sister. Until now, Huo Tingen knows more about her than she knows about him.   

Since Strong Woman Do Bong Soon is going to end soon, I have to find another drama to entertain me during boring days hehe. I'll try this one. Of course, I'm here because @bebebisous33 is here. I try to watch the dramas she watches at the moment. What I'm talking about is the list after her post. :tongue: Hi missy, been busy these days, so I couldn't reply but I still watch SWDBS and this drama too. Hopefully, I will like it. 

~wave~ to all :) Btw, where can I watch this drama with subtitles? Thanks for the reply. :)

On 14/04/2017 at 0:34 PM, ate said:

Since Strong Woman Do Bong Soon is going to end soon, I have to find another drama to entertain me during boring days hehe. I'll try this one. Of course, I'm here because @bebebisous33 is here. I try to watch the dramas she watches at the moment. What I'm talking about is the list after her post. :tongue: Hi missy, been busy these days, so I couldn't reply but I still watch SWDBS and this drama too. Hopefully, I will like it. 

~wave~ to all :) 

I am glad that you are joining this thread. cheetahIt is so quiet here. The more we are, the better it is!cheer1 onion head@ate on viki, you get the episodes with subtitles on Sunday morning. 

Oh my, that last teaser trailer.. I like.:blush:

And Im here to chat about this drama too, no worries. I just try not to check everyday cause there are only a few of us atm. But want to gush every time I watch it. So much to talk about 

We all know ting En likes Wei more that she likes him, she just hasn't realized that men find her attractive. I find that funny, she's so tomboy it doesn't phase her, she more about cooking, riding her motorcycle wrecklessly and making sure her little brother a mother are taken cared of. Although she hasn't come into her sexuality as of now (she seems oblivious of the gorgeous men around her) she will soon and I think her BFF will be very disappointed. Did he think she confessed to him when she stopped him from leaving? Or did I take that wrong, I mean he seemed a bit too pleased with her choice of words and not in a joking manner. Like if I said to my BFF something along the lines of "I'll chase after you if you leave" she'd be all giddy and say "aw I love you too, you know we're soul mates". But that's purely because as BFFs we joke and words like that wouldn't be taken to heart. Maybe because he likes her why he took her words and ran with it. Either way I don't care for him, he's a drama queen and if at this point the he hasn't let her know how he feels he lost already. 

And he needs a new hair cut, the 90s boy band middle part has got to go

Episode 07 is up on Viki. Watching right now. .

Tagging you guys -  @ate @funnyhunny07 . @bebebisous33 @nubianlegalmind @Claudia Ximena

Pretty awesome episode. This episode was episode of Wei.Hilarious and ahem quite romantic in its own way. That fight scene reminded me of nonsense of episode 5 party. But thankfully writer escaped that path. Though i'm wondering here where are other chefs, mother and night market workers? From outside La Meur looks 5 star VIP hotel but from inside it doesn't gives any vibes of extravagance.

Wei has good imagination skills. free flow imagination making characters behave out of character. From Impossible to AH to Test code. Ivy Shao rocked the comedy scenes. Then that picinic Yes and no, expectation to disappointment to status quo, This episode's has the flavour of white curry.

Archived