Quantcast

[Taiwanese Drama 2017] The Perfect Match 極品絕配

OMG I just caught this drama on Netflix. The posts in this forum helped me understand what the hell happened to the writing in the last half of the drama. I have to say starting with episode 12 I watched this drama on fast forward. I just couldn't watch the second lead cry anymore. Not because I felt bad for him, but because it was so terribly boring. That said, I was incredibly impressed with Chris Wu, which must explain why I didn't give up on the show completely.

This was only my second Taiwanese Drama, so I've been looking for his other work. Unfortunately, the one that looks most interesting is A Touch of Green, and I can't find subs for that. I'm open to suggestions if there is another of his dramas that you'd recommend!

• Insightful 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@funnyhunny07 . @Claudia Ximena @nubianlegalmind It's sunday in Taiwan and Episode 06 is 99% done by Viki Team. I aso felt some dialouges were missing in Episode 5 but Viki Showed Translation 100% Don

Episode 07 is up on Viki. Watching right now. . Tagging you guys -  @ate @funnyhunny07 . @bebebisous33 @nubianlegalmind @Claudia Ximena Pretty awesome episode. This episode was episode of We

New preview:   

On 3/7/2019 at 8:53 PM, Katzell said:

OMG I just caught this drama on Netflix. The posts in this forum helped me understand what the hell happened to the writing in the last half of the drama. I have to say starting with episode 12 I watched this drama on fast forward. I just couldn't watch the second lead cry anymore. Not because I felt bad for him, but because it was so terribly boring. That said, I was incredibly impressed with Chris Wu, which must explain why I didn't give up on the show completely.

This was only my second Taiwanese Drama, so I've been looking for his other work. Unfortunately, the one that looks most interesting is A Touch of Green, and I can't find subs for that. I'm open to suggestions if there is another of his dramas that you'd recommend!

I just finished this drama on Netflix 3 days ago, and unfortunately, I have to admit that I am devastated with the ending. Although it was indeed a happy ending, and what I had anticipated/wished for, I don't think there was enough of an epilogue to show how they reconciled. 

There were definitely a lot of plot holes, and after reading this forum, I can somewhat be more understanding given the budget constraints. However, a lot of the stories conveyed were very relate-able and realistic (success, love, happiness are all very subjective and one mold does not necessarily fit all). 

I always enjoy shows relating to cooking as it's always a passion of mine, however I pursued finance for financial independence and stability. I am definitely still extremely emotionally attached to this show and will take some time to get over this show.

Anyone has any advice? 

On 3/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, going_concern said:

I am definitely still extremely emotionally attached to this show and will take some time to get over this show.

Same. I thought I"d be over it by now because it's just so slight in terms of plot. But I really enjoyed certain parts of it. The brother and the food critic had a particularly sweet storyline. From the beginning I was like, it feels like the brother is more into her than Chris Wu? The slow build to their hook-up was perfect!

I'm really excited about the announcement Chris Wu is going to be in historical horror series for Netflix. https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/the-ghost-bride-stars-wu-kang-jen-huang-peijia-ludi-lin-tian-tze-kuang-as-lead-roles

• 1 year later...

I feel this drama is a copy of A Hint of You by the same television channel. A hint of you was not particularly well-written already. There is no need to churn out another similar show. Even Chris Wu's charm cannot save the show from the all-too-familar plot progression.

• Lynne changed the title to [Taiwanese Drama 2017] The Perfect Match 極品絕配