[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

Is KSH n YSH on screen chemistry very popular and well accepted by the public in Korea? I come to this stage whereby i am curious about how koreans feel about the couple's chemistry and hope for them to fall in love with each other in real life(kekekee).!! 

If they are liked by the public, More koreans will be waiting for their next project together (like us!) 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only roughly translated/explained a part of her interview of where she was talking about her struggling in understanding her character. 

Most of the interview, she expressed her relief that she was working with so many other senior actors. She did her part to the best of her abilities. She also shared that the scene she regretted the most was the cave scene where Seja dies. The staff and crew were working hard that day. There were a lot more emotions and crying than she did that was shown on air. Many scenes were cut due to the limited time in drama but those scenes could've helped the viewers understand more. 

She also said that she doesn't regret acting and if she did, she would've quit. She called Ruler as a "stepping stone" for her to better understand many things. 

Most of the other interviews were about herself and her roles so far - I will share that on her own personal forum. Her thoughts on working with YSH & L were already shared so there's no need for that (:

Overall, I feel like despite everything Ruler really did become a good & bad experience for KSH. She met so many people that helped her through the role for six months. And although, she did struggle with the character - she views it more as a future positive aspect as she is still young. 

She is grateful for the viewers on having Ruler stay first place with their ratings since the beginning. 

@sakura2016 Thanks for welcoming me :D. I doubt that I'll be active in another forum soon, none of the upcoming drama make me excited haha. I'm just going to rewatch OTP scenes for now, my withdrawal syndrome is still hard lol. 

Will still be lurking here though, and I'm waiting someone to post about YSH interview since I heard he'll be doing one (?). And thank you to everyone who posts a lot of pictures and BTS, I enjoyed them well :D 

Seeing KSH latest interview,she said that the greatest regret in the drama was in the cave scene whr seja was poisoned. She said the crew and they spend alot of time and effort for the scenes but some scenes were cut off due to the lack of time to air every scene. I feel kind of sad for them actually. Like i would want to see motr of how GE reactions and expressions during the scene and this could have been done if writers didnt drag the plot. May i ask, can we ever watch or get those scenes tat arent aired in the drama?

Goodbye, so long, adios, adieu, ciao to Ruler of the Mask

I cannot say I will miss this dopey, phony saguek based on no Joseon king of record.  

The story was more wuxia.  All the rare flower poison, and power cults. 

i got bored and fast forwarded 3/4 of it. But curiosity did keep me peeking in to see what would happen.

I liked all the actors who's talents were mostly wasted on this stupid story, except for Kim Myung Soo who's role was a bit more challenging. I hope they all get much more substantial and interesting roles in the future (no doubt they will)

I like the fight scenes and body guards a lot They did do loyal fighting servants well.

And, last but not least, the King's  prayerful thoughts to the ghosts of his past, was a nice touch, I haven't seen it done in a Korean drama  before ( but popular in US, UK dramas).

22 minutes ago, smileyz said:

Is KSH n YSH on screen chemistry very popular and well accepted by the public in Korea? I come to this stage whereby i am curious about how koreans feel about the couple's chemistry and hope for them to fall in love with each other in real life(kekekee).!! 

If they are liked by the public, More koreans will be waiting for their next project together (like us!) 

As far as I remember, their chemistry is also very loved by the netizens. A lot also wish like us for them to be together again but in a modern drama so that they can both express their love more..freely. But most of all, they are missing ShyShy like we are too.

15 minutes ago, smileyz said:

Seeing KSH latest interview,she said that the greatest regret in the drama was in the cave scene whr seja was poisoned. She said the crew and they spend alot of time and effort for the scenes but some scenes were cut off due to the lack of time to air every scene. I feel kind of sad for them actually. Like i would want to see motr of how GE reactions and expressions during the scene and this could have been done if writers didnt drag the plot. May i ask, can we ever watch or get those scenes tat arent aired in the drama?

When read this, I also regret not being able to see more too. For an hour episode, the editing team must make choices on what to cut and what not. A lot could have been done to prevent this but they did their best. As for the question on whether we will see the cut scenes..hm..i don't think we will unless the production team decides to show it. 

Like most of you guys, I also feel KSH did her best in this drama. Since she could not portray GE to her understanding, she must have had it harder on herself mentally. But..as she is young, this drama will be the first stepping stone of her transition from child to adult. She will gain a lot of experiences from the bad and the good and I am sure she will grow even more professionally. She already is a great actress. The only way she can grow more..is to keep learning and picking up experiences with a positive outlook along the way :)

I wouldnt say this drama is a turning point for the actors and actresses. But it provides them with greater experience to showcase and improve their acting skills in the future.

For KSH, i feel that she could have done better in certain aspects but since she's still fresh and young, plus the character development for GE was totally outrageous, this drama is a platform for her to improve and learn to be a better and greater first lead actress in future. KSH knows that the lessons and experiences in the drama that would later on sharpen her acting skills as the first lead in the future. Furthermore, i really love her personality in terms of being humble to praises, accepting critisms, admitting she has troubles with acting as GE and appreciating YSH n the cast efforts in the drama. Such personality is really one of a kind and it is her personality that i believe she will have a bright journey ahead of her to be a greater and influential actress in the future with her talent and attitude in the industry.

For YSH, hmmm wat can i say about this beautiful man... he was so charismatic, handsome and convincing to watch in the drama. I loved how he portray the character, it was wonderful. The way he expresses his love for GE, makes my heart flutter. Not to leave out, how he had led the kisses and guide KSH through those scenes.;) he is born to be an actor. No doubt on him as he has continuously proved the public he is a top notch actor, acting in many lead roles in movies and dramas. He has caught my attention and now,im a fan of him. Certainly, this man is a real talented actor.;))))) Bonus to these, lets dun forget about his kind and caring personality in real life. He is a real seja !!!omo!!

Lastly, does anyone not get touched and enjoyed the chemistry between these two?  lets wait patiently for good news about anything related to pairing of them again/ dating ahahahahhaa !!!

57 minutes ago, smileyz said:

I do feel bad, it is always difficult on any actor when they have to act such a emotionally challenging scene. If eel bad that they had to cut it would have been nice to see how the director would have wanted to the scene to look like.

1 hour ago, joyspartace said:

I only roughly translated/explained a part of her interview of where she was talking about her struggling in understanding her character. 

Most of the interview, she expressed her relief that she was working with so many other senior actors. She did her part to the best of her abilities. She also shared that the scene she regretted the most was the cave scene where Seja dies. The staff and crew were working hard that day. There were a lot more emotions and crying than she did that was shown on air. Many scenes were cut due to the limited time in drama but those scenes could've helped the viewers understand more. 

She also said that she doesn't regret acting and if she did, she would've quit. She called Ruler as a "stepping stone" for her to better understand many things. 

Most of the other interviews were about herself and her roles so far - I will share that on her own personal forum. Her thoughts on working with YSH & L were already shared so there's no need for that (:

Overall, I feel like despite everything Ruler really did become a good & bad experience for KSH. She met so many people that helped her through the role for six months. And although, she did struggle with the character - she views it more as a future positive aspect as she is still young. 

She is grateful for the viewers on having Ruler stay first place with their ratings since the beginning. 

Thank you for the translations! It is good to see how KSH is really positive and learning from each experience.

I am really glad that she continue to stay and really took this drama as a stepping stone. I think every drama no matter what presents its own set of unique challenges. i definitely feel KSH has grown a lot as an actress as a result of this drama.

I feel bad that scenes got cut, gosh it would have been nice to see the drama the way it should be? For all you know it would have been an awesome drama overall! (not that it isnt now but even more awesome!)

Yeah I feel happy that despite the occasionally hiccups with regards to the drama, that the ratings were always first. Goes to show that the korean public are interested in the drama. So kudo to KSH!

1 hour ago, smileyz said:

Definitely, despite the not so good editing and cut scenes, I think the public really love the two together. We definitely see their chemistry and how well they work together!

I too want to see them for their next project!!  HAHA CHINGU you should join us in the shipper thread, we are praying for something like that (:

I think despite all the negative that came out, overall there was more positive for sure. Sure there were times we were disappointed in the editing, the directing, the writing and the characterizations. But we all appreciate how much effort each of the actors and the staff have put into the show. I am really looking forward to more shows or films by these various actors/actress. Ruler has really made me more of a fan of YSH and KSH (not that I was not a fan before BUT MORE) ^^

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

BTW I do think LS saving GE was indirectly saving our King because we saw what would happen to him if something had happened to GE. When he was holding unconscious GE in his arms and expecting her to die or something just as horrible, he looked so defeated like the life had leeched out from him. He was barely functioning, he stopped caring about everything. All he could do was pull her closer and closer to him. People will rebel? Let them. They will kill me during rebellion? I hope so; so I can join her. I could literally see it through his body language. Even the look in his eyes; so dead, dreading the worse. Kudos to YSH and KSH for reading and acting out their characters and their minute emotions so well. GE and his love was so palpable because of them. I wish we had gotten the GE waking up scene too, YSH and KSH would have killed it. I doubt our King cared about the audience, he must have hugged her really close and maybe kissed her forehead while caressing her face. Damn, I love them and their love. I really have to give it to the writers, they may have failed in a lot of stuff while writing the show but they aced the love that GE and uri King have for each other. Their love story is definitely a keeper. How can anybody not love these two and their eternal love?

You know, I think PSG was right in thinking GE's death would have lead to uri King's fall. It would have also cut off legal heirs to the throne since our King would have never taken another Queen. It truly would have become PSG's Joseon.

Hmm..possible but even that desperation should have come with caution. He knew that PSG was always watching him. What in the world made him so confident that HS was his man? Pffft.

I cried for LS, our King, Queen, Nanny and KM. But the good thing was, our King had no reason to feel guilty. GE will feel guilty but she will have our King to remove her from her guilt and sadness. LS died a hero, saving the future Queen.

I think she may have been..she after all saved our Queen and protected her many times even helped her. But if MC is her special Court Lady, can she marry MH though? LOL. I for some reason wanted MC to get together with our CW. Imagine how badass their children would be. :lol:

I think so too, even our King told Ga Eun that if he shose his safety over hers when she was kidnapped he wouldn't be himself anymore and asked her to stay by his side to always be himself and not lose it to keep fighting for his people :wub: these two :heart: and yes our King's gaze, voice and body language when Ga Eun fainted (belied to be dead for a while) showed how he lost his force for life and defeated, thankfully she was alive or what could've happened to our King... Kudos to Yoo Seung Ho great acting there :thumbsup:

now that you said it it was a great plan for the long term as well for Pyunsoohwe!! :blink: 

hhhhh don't ask me :lol: I never got his reasoning!! :huh::lol: trusting his few days "trusted" guard over our King who trusted him with his identity and throne and never acted as he should against his insults to him is beyound me... :rolleyes: hhh

good thing to be remembered by instead of the obsessed crazy friend/king who wanted to stead his friend/King's throne and woman!! like you said good thing our King won't feel guilty over his death now but will remember him as his friend who protected the woman he loves and Ga Eun will be fine eventually too!! 

why not?!! is there a rule too for an official to not marry Queen's personal maid?!! I'll kill whoever made these crazy rules...

owwww don't say that...the cute officer now official isn't strong but he's not a push over too :wink: remember him with the Water Bureau guy when he told them about our King being "dead? :tongue: 

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@sakura2016 all those MVs..i miss them so much!

me too!! :wub::( we still have MVs of the last couple OSTs with subs to come too :D I'm waiting for them!! :D:wub: 

1 hour ago, joyspartace said:

there was many cuted scenes? I hope we will get to see them, isn't that possible through Director's cuts? I hope we will get that!!

I'm happy she still can still see the good side of being part of this drama!! :) 

1 hour ago, nitttss said:

@sakura2016 Thanks for welcoming me :D. I doubt that I'll be active in another forum soon, none of the upcoming drama make me excited haha. I'm just going to rewatch OTP scenes for now, my withdrawal syndrome is still hard lol. 

Will still be lurking here though, and I'm waiting someone to post about YSH interview since I heard he'll be doing one (?). And thank you to everyone who posts a lot of pictures and BTS, I enjoyed them well :D 

hhhhhhh I don't know if I'll be active in other new dramas forums like I did with Ruler but there is 2 dramas I'm waiting for, now being a devoted member of their threads or not is a different matter!! :lol: 

I'm still here too!! :D:wink: 

My Happy Heart!! :heart: 

tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko2_400.gif tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko3_400.gif

tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko4_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko5_400.gif

tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko6_400.gif  tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko8_400.gif

tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko7_400.gif tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko9_400.gif

tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko1_400.gif tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko10_400.gif

heartou “The moon has waited a long time. Like the moon and sun that have finally found each other. I want to be with you forever”

cr: heartou

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Just like you guys here, I am feeling the kdrama withdrawal syndrome haha. It is always harder when a drama ends than when it begins. I am glad the ending was happy. I can rewatch beginning episodes to end with ease. Trust me. Some dramas takes me a long time to rewatch if ending was bad. And most of the times, i skip the endings if it was bad haha

It definitely felt a bit rushed but again the story began to drag a lot in the middle. Could have been used to push plot forward. But we shall let bygones be bygones :wink:

@YourHighness . love your insights! And will miss it dearly in this drama thread. But I am sure we will meet in another thread soon, since we have watched 3 dramas together now :D haha chingu, one thing we learn from this drama is 'throw the logic out the door'. Some questions were never answered  (someone helped or the current helped during first kiss, who are those Dark Vaders, shouldn't HS sword be more damaging..etc) I definitely felt bad for DM in the last moments. Not for what he had done. His sins are too great. But..when he told Jeonha that he wished he had a King like him a little sooner..was quite sad. I wondered..if he had kind King..would he have strayed from the path of despair? But..doesn't that tell us even the King before CP's dad was not kind either. Haha but like I say some questions won't be answered so will just accept it. I literally thought LS death would not happen like HG. But it did. Quite a sad scene. But most redeemable for all LS had done. And i agree. The love of CP and GE..is one the deepest one for me. 

@smileyz chingu, we are all still suffering from withdrawal symptoms. But as the drama ended, my brain can finally rest for the moment until I pick on another drama to analyze haha. This is one drama that I thought way beyond the most given its flaws. Which is why I felt sad and bad when KSH said she had a hard time understanding GE too. The writers lost their grounds with too many subplots but nonetheless the dialogues are depth full. I am still praying these two get to act again in a few years. By then, their experiences would have grown even more :wink:

Awwww..am loving the honesty of KSH on the interviews. I am really glad that despite the hard time she had with playing GE, she found comfort and encouragement with her costar lead. Haha she is right. Who would not swoon for YSH? Lol.

These two..i miss them dearly already. Will keep going back to rewatch drama until they come back onscreen with a new project. Please drama gods..hear ours and theirs..please to be in a modern drama! 

@sakura2016 all those MVs..i miss them so much!

Haha loved the BTS pic of MH, Gon and CW! 

HS will be no match for Gon and CW.

Hopefully we will. :D Oh yeah it has been 3 dramas no? Faith, TheK2 and now Ruler. I wonder which show and couple will grab our hearts next. BTW we have known each other a longgg time. :lol: I do have my eye on Bride of the Water God but it hasn't made me fall for it yet.

I think DM meant our CP's grandfather. He looked pretty young when he was crying before WB.

And there's a difference between HG and LS's death. LS had a noble death, trying to save someone. He was a hero but HG was more suicidal. LS didnot set out to die when he ran to save GE but HG did intend to burn the poppy field and knew what it would lead to even before knowing our King was alive. It disgusts me that she didnot care even a twit about her father and what he would go through after his only child dies. A parents outliving his own child is a horrible thought. If only she had been less narcissistic and selfish. *Sigh*

2 hours ago, joyspartace said:

It's a pity the cave scene was edited and we lost out on such emotionally rich scene. I bet GE fought back and tried to run behind the men who took his body away, but it was edited out and in the end all we got was a devastated GE suddenly at night crying listlessly.

34 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I think so too, even our King told Ga Eun that if he shose his safety over hers when she was kidnapped he wouldn't be himself anymore and asked her to stay by his side to always be himself and not lose it to keep fighting for his people :wub: these two :heart: and yes our King's gaze, voice and body language when Ga Eun fainted (belied to be dead for a while) showed how he lost his force for life and defeated, thankfully she was alive or what could've happened to our King... Kudos to Yoo Seung Ho great acting there :thumbsup:

now that you said it it was a great plan for the long term as well for Pyunsoohwe!! :blink: 

hhhhh don't ask me :lol: I never got his reasoning!! :huh::lol: trusting his few days "trusted" guard over our King who trusted him with his identity and throne and never acted as he should against his insults to him is beyound me... :rolleyes: hhh

good thing to be remembered by instead of the obsessed crazy friend/king who wanted to stead his friend/King's throne and woman!! like you said good thing our King won't feel guilty over his death now but will remember him as his friend who protected the woman he loves and Ga Eun will be fine eventually too!! 

why not?!! is there a rule too for an official to not marry Queen's personal maid?!! I'll kill whoever made these crazy rules...

owwww don't say that...the cute officer now official isn't strong but he's not a push over too :wink: remember him with the Water Bureau guy when he told them about our King being "dead? :tongue: 

me too!! :wub::( we still have MVs of the last couple OSTs with subs to come too :D I'm waiting for them!! :D:wub: 

there was many cuted scenes? I hope we will get to see them, isn't that possible through Director's cuts? I hope we will get that!!

I'm happy she still can still see the good side of being part of this drama!! :) 

hhhhhhh I don't know if I'll be active in other new dramas forums like I did with Ruler but there is 2 dramas I'm waiting for, now being a devoted member of their threads or not is a different matter!! :lol: 

I'm still here too!! :D:wink:

YSH and KSH are truly brilliant actors. Powerhouse of talent. I never felt like they didn't emote the scene well. Their every scene was on the mark, no over or under acting. Not just the antidote scene..even when our King went to get her back, they acted perfectly. GE understood his POV and gave in pretty quickly instead of insisting on being a noble idiot.

With LS, we can only blame the poison..maybe it drove him a little crazy LOL. That's why he started using his braincells as soon as he took the antidote.

LOL, I dunno the rules but I think Court maids are not allowed to have a family?

I loved this drama from the beginning to the end.  Because this was a short drama, as I stated in an earlier post, I did not expect complicated plots or in depth character development.  With the time the writer, director and actors were allotted to tell this story, they all did a great job.  I loved the last scene with the CP and DM.  The CP apologized to DM and in essence said that if the previous kings were doing their job, there would be no need for DM to become a monster.  DM responded that he wished a king like the CP would have come along earlier.  What a huge compliment.  I am glad they redeemed Sun at the end and am sure he did not mind dying for GE, the love of his life.  The scene with LS, GE and CP was heart wrenching.  As much as LS got on my nerves when he was trying to steal the throne, I hoped that once he figured out that the CP was a true friend to him, they could move forward together and have a lasting friendship.  What can I say about the CP's  proposal to GE?  It was all of that and more, I could have swooned.  As I read in one of the earlier posts, I would have also loved a final kiss scene as opposed to a hug.

The final episode was packed with many great scenes; however, it felt a little rushed.  I have found that many K-dramas have this problem, they wait too long to start resolving issues and bringing the drama to a finale.  Most of the issues are resolved in the last two episodes and many times fall short and leave the fans dissatisfied.  Maybe I missed it; however, I would have love to see the CP give the QD her antidote...just a finishing touch.     

All of that being said, thank you cast, production crew and writers for a great drama...well done.

44 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

YSH and KSH are truly brilliant actors. Powerhouse of talent. I never felt like they didn't emote the scene well. Their every scene was on the mark, no over or under acting. Not just the antidote scene..even when our King went to get her back, they acted perfectly. GE understood his POV and gave in pretty quickly instead of insisting on being a noble idiot.

With LS, we can only blame the poison..maybe it drove him a little crazy LOL. That's why he started using his braincells as soon as he took the antidote.

LOL, I dunno the rules but I think Court maids are not allowed to have a family?

all their scenes was acted perfectely and thay made us feel for/with them all along the drama!! :thumbsup::heart: 

hhhhhhhhhh yeah the poppy poison is to be blamed though our King had 3 poppy pills but his brain still fanctioned well after that or is it because of his immunity?!! :lol::tongue: 

WHAT?!! I'll KILL the one who made these rules for real now!! :rage: well our King is here to change these rules now so no worries!! :D:wub: 

hhhhhhhhhhh I'll miss these memes too!! :lol: 

Apparently a lot of people can sit with the Pyeonsoo Hwe. Oh and Wednesdays they wear pink.

Apparently a lot of people can sit with the Pyeonsoo Hwe. Oh and Wednesdays they wear pink.

I never believed this lie though...I always cry now whether it steps on my heart and leave me out of breath and tears or have mercy on me and give me my happy ending is a different matter...

No it’s not the wind or my eyes sweating. Yes, those are tears and here’s my heart to stomp all over it.

No it’s not the wind or my eyes sweating. Yes, those are tears and here’s my heart to stomp all over it.

hhhhhhhh well my sisters laugh at me!! :lol: 

They just don’t understand why I’m crying over fictional characters.

They just don’t understand why I’m crying over fictional characters.

cr: https://aja-villa.tumblr.com/

I still miss my daily doses of Ruler :bawling: will be watching drama by choosing episodes until my heart finally eases..

@YourHighness . Yup. 3 dramas now together,  you and me (Faith, K2 and Ruler). Aww yes we have known each other longer than just in Ruler thread :D now i wonder which drama we will meet again in :)

HG and LS death both had a different meaning to me. HG's death was sacrificial to CP's purpose but it was really sad on how she did it, and I felt worse for her dad who was left behind. Did you see how lifeless he looked when he made a deal with Jeonha? No more emotions whatsoever. True. How very sad for a father to outlive his child. I said this when HG died too and I said it again. You and me..thought the same. DM didn't show any remorse. Daddy HG..became lifeless. Very sad. And he even said it was the poppy flowers that killed his daughter. So he doesn't blame CP but..PS, per say. LS death..was sad too. And i think it is even sadder when they did the flashback of fireflies scene. That scene really was the last moment of happiness these 3 shared together before chaos and greed found its way. I cried wiping my tears on that flashback right after LS lets go. And the music..OMG! Cried more. I do wish the writer could have better balance out these 4 leads, so one did not over shine the other. But like you say, no use talking about spilt milk haha. 

@sakura2016 awwww..those memes! I will miss it! I still miss everything about this drama. It will take a while before I recover T_T

53 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

I loved this drama from the beginning to the end.  Because this was a short drama, as I stated in an earlier post, I did not expect complicated plots or in depth character development.  With the time the writer, director and actors were allotted to tell this story, they all did a great job.  I loved the last scene with the CP and DM.  The CP apologized to DM and in essence said that if the previous kings were doing their job, there would be no need for DM to become a monster.  DM responded that he wished a king like the CP would have come along earlier.  What a huge compliment.  I am glad they redeemed Sun at the end and am sure he did not mind dying for GE, the love of his life.  The scene with LS, GE and CP was heart wrenching.  As much as LS got on my nerves when he was trying to steal the throne, I hoped that once he figured out that the CP was a true friend to him, they could move forward together and have a lasting friendship.  What can I say about the CP's  proposal to GE?  It was all of that and more, I could have swooned.  As I read in one of the earlier posts, I would have also loved a final kiss scene as opposed to a hug.

The final episode was packed with many great scenes; however, it felt a little rushed.  I have found that many K-dramas have this problem, they wait too long to start resolving issues and bringing the drama to a finale.  Most of the issues are resolved in the last two episodes and many times fall short and leave the fans dissatisfied.  Maybe I missed it; however, I would have love to see the CP give the QD her antidote...just a finishing touch.     

All of that being said, thank you cast, production crew and writers for a great drama...well done.

Hi chingu!

I agree. Overall, the story was completed and told. Sadly, even though i didn't expect the drama to have its flaws or depth character development, the characters/plot still suffered. And..even KSH had a hard time trying to understand her own character. I certainly see a lot of things the writer/director could have done differently (reduce sub plots, push forward main plots, use screen time to focus on some backstories, longer shots, cut unnecessary scenes, etc) those little things would have been able to fix some flaws. But like you, i thoroughly enjoyed this drama. I really like the CP and DM final battle and love the words DM said " I wish I had a King like you a little sooner". I cry every time i hear those words. I was thinking..if only he had a King like CP now..he could have been a strong ally. But his wrongs are too vast and his pride too huge..to change now. LS death was sad. I wanted him to live..so that he can start afresh. But then..all this time..i figured he was the tragic hero of this story and will have his own downfall. One of the strongest part of this drama..is the love between CP and GE. If anything, their love is the sweetest of all Kings and Queens I have watched :D

Yes. It was rushed. The pace was fast but rushed. A lot could have been done in the middle which pushed the plot forward, reducing the need to rush the end. I have yet to see a drama resolve most of the problems before the last 2 episodes. Perhaps the writers want to keep the tension. 

Haha no you didn't miss it. The only person shown taking the antidote was LS. Even QD wasn't shown. But it is safe to say she is alright. 

I too love this drama from beginning to end. It wasn't a perfect drama but yet, i was still attracted to it. It must have been the cast alongside my will to follow through the drama no matter what. Honestly, and personally, this drama is one of my favorite alongside 2 others. I often watch dramas but rarely have favorites unless there is something truly special present. Ruler had that effect on me. It must have been YSH and KSH as CP/GE and their chemistry on and off screen :wink: hope to see you in another drama thread so we can share thoughts and ideas again chingu :)

Honestly, I know I'll get hated for this, but this drama is very disappointing. It was amazing in the beginning, and then WHOOSH there it went. This drama is the only Kdrama I watched that I constantly scream "STUPID!" every 10 minutes. Haizz, I do love the actors though. And it did give me the amazing Kim Hwa Goon.

53 minutes ago, tensid98 said:

Honestly, I know I'll get hated for this, but this drama is very disappointing. It was amazing in the beginning, and then WHOOSH there it went. This drama is the only Kdrama I watched that I constantly scream "STUPID!" every 10 minutes. Haizz, I do love the actors though. And it did give me the amazing Kim Hwa Goon.

Hi chingu.

I dont think you will be hated just because you didn't enjoy this drama. Many viewers found this drama as a disappointment too. Maybe even stupid. The actors/actresses were the stars of the show. They did their best but even at some point, they suffered as well. Other viewers held onto the drama for their own reasons, mainly YSH, KSH, both, or for the OTP. And some even liked the drama solely for Hwa Goon, LS, DM..etc. All depends on personal tastes :) 

@sakura2016 awww..that smile! Is there a way I can save it? I love that adorable smile of his! 

@sakura2016 aww..his smile and laugh! I miss them all already!  Haha lol at the those memes!

My sis was asking me if it will be possible to do a season 2 of Ruler. I told her it is possible but will not happen because:

1) sequels rarely happens and if does, it loses its originality from the first one

2) it is highly unlikely season 2 will get the same cast and leads which will make the sequel feel like a new drama 

3) making a season 2 will involve a whole new set of plot and characters and usually fans want the same cast but with a different writer and production team.

What do you guys think chingus?

I also told her..i don't follow sequels unless the original cast and leads are also in it which are very rare chances.

Archived