[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

how innocent they were back then with our CP's biggest concern was finding out why he's to wear the mask and Ga Eun's only thaughts were learning more and finding new books (and not burn the chiken :lol:). they never thaught they'll go through all this pain, struggles and betrayals and that they'll need to fight to be together and they'll need more than 5 years to be together... :wub: 

I loved these OST from other dramas but they are perfectly used here!! and I'm actually crying to my surprise :bawling: 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im back :)

@sakura2016 awww..all those fan vids make me miss our OTP and drama even more, knowing it will be done in just a few more days :( also, yes in Faith, the king was pretty weak minded. But he was kind at least haha. I seen many dramas where the King was ruthless or dictating. The total opposite of our real King here :wink: and for sure he will only have GE as his one and only :wub:

@YourHighness . @kaoriharang 

Being kind, open hearted and giving is indeed not weak. It is one of the traits of our CP that makes me admire him as the King :wink: haha for LS, he has done so many wrongs that I cannot see how he will be redeemed. He even openly accused CP of being fake. Argh. But i was thinking..when he and KM was in greenhouse..KM asked if he can just go live with her, mommy and GE at the herb store. So i am thinking it is a hint of why he is back in commoner clothes. Good thing is..we only have 3 more days to wait until we know the answer. Haha talking about the placenta jar, because of its name i thought there will be a placenta in there or something but i am aiming towards more some kind of writing that will prove or have steps that will prove his identity. I also think they might try the poison test because why will QD be there with a cup? And I rem WB said something that the contents in the jar will further prove his ability to be immune or something like that? And as stated, the dragon on the jar represents royalty and king.

I was watching the bts of kiss scene. The director told YSH and KSH that the hugging should be more powerful..and when they hugged again, it was too powerful and they almost could have fallen off balance hahahaha. I was laughing so much because it was so adorable and cute! I am going to miss them so much! 

6 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Im back :)

@sakura2016 awww..all those fan vids make me miss our OTP and drama even more, knowing it will be done in just a few more days :( also, yes in Faith, the king was pretty weak minded. But he was kind at least haha. I seen many dramas where the King was ruthless or dictating. The total opposite of our real King here :wink: and for sure he will only have GE as his one and only :wub:

Hi chingu!! :D was wondering where you dissapeared :) 

I'll really missour drama and I know I'll keep rewatching our King and OTPs scenes and the MVs/OSTs :wub:...hhhhhhh yeah at least he had kindness :lol: but our King has everything: stong will, smart brain, BIG heart and he's really good in swordsmanship :love: and yes he'll only have Ga Eun in his eyes, heart and mind :wink::wub: 

@YourHighness . @kaoriharang 

Being kind, open hearted and giving is indeed not weak. It is one of the traits of our CP that makes me admire him as the King :wink: haha for LS, he has done so many wrongs that I cannot see how he will be redeemed. He even openly accused CP of being fake. Argh. But i was thinking..when he and KM was in greenhouse..KM asked if he can just go live with her, mommy and GE at the herb store. So i am thinking it is a hint of why he is back in commoner clothes. Good thing is..we only have 3 more days to wait until we know the answer. Haha talking about the placenta jar, because of its name i thought there will be a placenta in there or something but i am aiming towards more some kind of writing that will prove or have steps that will prove his identity. I also think they might try the poison test because why will QD be there with a cup? And I rem WB said something that the contents in the jar will further prove his ability to be immune or something like that? And as stated, the dragon on the jar represents royalty and king.

the jar has a document written by the late King that talks about our King's healing mark and that can help our King proving his identity as the real CP/rightful King!! 

I was watching the bts of kiss scene. The director told YSH and KSH that the hugging should be more powerful..and when they hugged again, it was too powerful and they almost could have fallen off balance hahahaha. I was laughing so much because it was so adorable and cute! I am going to miss them so much! 

hhhhhh yeah it was too powerful!! :lol::wub: I'll really miss everything about our drama!! 

@sakura2016 haha i am here chingu. Usually always checking on this forum even if cannot discuss right away. Yesterday, we threw a birthday party for my niece which lasted the whole day so I wasn't able to join discussions until late night :D

I like that CP has everything a king should have: wisdom, kindness, love, big heart, swordmanship haha. He is perfect :wub: awww i know. I am already rewatching episodes and scenes of our OTP. This is the price we pay for watching a drama and growing to love our King and his Queen :D

Ah yes..so whatever is written in the jar will be the final identity evidence. I can't wait until Wednesday but then I know it will also be over too :( the withdrawal symptoms will hit me hard..it always does when a drama i love ends..

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@sakura2016 haha i am here chingu. Usually always checking on this forum even if cannot discuss right away. Yesterday, we threw a birthday party for my niece which lasted the whole day so I wasn't able to join discussions until late night :D

I like that CP has everything a king should have: wisdom, kindness, love, big heart, swordmanship haha. He is perfect :wub: awww i know. I am already rewatching episodes and scenes of our OTP. This is the price we pay for watching a drama and growing to love our King and his Queen :D

Ah yes..so whatever is written in the jar will be the final identity evidence. I can't wait until Wednesday but then I know it will also be over too :( the withdrawal symptoms will hit me hard..it always does when a drama i love ends..

happy birthday to her!! :) 

right, he's perfect no wonder Lee Seon had enough of him hhhhhhhhhh...oh yeah and I'm happy to pay the price :wink::tongue: hhhhhhh

I'm so excited but sad at the same time!! :( now that we reach thursday it will be over and I don't want that :(...and no matter how many times we go through this withdrawal symptoms it's always the same and doesn't get easier *sigh*

17 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

happy birthday to her!! :) 

right, he's perfect no wonder Lee Seon had enough of him hhhhhhhhhh...oh yeah and I'm happy to pay the price :wink::tongue: hhhhhhh

I'm so excited but sad at the same time!! :( now that we reach thursday it will be over and I don't want that :(...and no matter how many times we go through this withdrawal symptoms it's always the same and doesn't get easier *sigh*

Thanks chingu. I will let her know your happy birthday to her :D

Aww exactly!  He is perfect as a King. Hahaha. LS isn't meant to be king. He doesn't have the charisma CP does :):wink:

Aww i know that feeling. We will miss this drama so much and the daily routines of us speculating and staying for recaps. And swooning! And venting haha

And most of all too, I will miss all of you guys here. *hugssss*

But we got some time left to spazz and discuss..so we all will make the best of it :wink:

I was rewatching the drama. From beginning to now..and truly, CP and GE has come on such a long journey just to be together :wub: and watching how LS use to be to how he is now..i actually wonder if the LS we saw from earlier episodes will return at the end. 

8 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Thanks chingu. I will let her know your happy birthday to her :D

Aww exactly!  He is perfect as a King. Hahaha. LS isn't meant to be king. He doesn't have the charisma CP does :):wink:

Aww i know that feeling. We will miss this drama so much and the daily routines of us speculating and staying for recaps. And swooning! And venting haha

And most of all too, I will miss all of you guys here. *hugssss*

But we got some time left to spazz and discuss..so we all will make the best of it :wink:

I was rewatching the drama. From beginning to now..and truly, CP and GE has come on such a long journey just to be together :wub: and watching how LS use to be to how he is now..i actually wonder if the LS we saw from earlier episodes will return at the end. 

:) 

yeah he doesn't have the charimsma :wink::wub: but most importantly not the heart, our King has a caring and forgiving heart that made him the rightful King beside making him find peace and allies but Lee Seon only blamed other for the life he had and still blame then now for his own mistakes not caring about others making him lose people!!

oh yeah, I'll miss posting here swooning about our King here :tongue: though I'll be swooning over him while watching his other drama Remember that I'll start watching after Ruler ends :tongue::wub: 

me too :( but like you said we still have time so we're to use it to the fullest :wink: 

yeah they went through ALOT to get here :wub: as for Lee Seon, it's really a shock how there is no sign of old Lee Seon in the Lee Seon we're seeing now :blink: if anyone is to bring him back it's our King's kindness and moving words but no other person!!

16 minutes ago, googleme said:

Its monday here, final week for ruler! :D 

YAAAY...:( 

5 minutes ago, googleme said:

@sakura2016 me too chingu, me too. Hahahah not sure if I should be happy for upcoming episodes or sad that it is finally coming to an end. 

hopefully this applies to us :)  

I'm sure it does!! I met maaaaaaaaaaaany new chingudeul here and I so enjoyed fangirling and discussing theories with all of you here and hope we will meet adain in other threads in the future!! :wub: 

cr: owner

time really fly by fast but we'll surely keep remembring all the memories we shared through this drama with love!! :heart: 

have to go now, see you all later hopefully!! :wub: 

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

:) 

yeah he doesn't have the charimsma :wink::wub: but most importantly not the heart, our King has a caring and forgiving heart that made him the rightful King beside making him find peace and allies but Lee Seon only blamed other for the life he had and still blame then now for his own mistakes not caring about others making him lose people!!

oh yeah, I'll miss posting here swooning about our King here :tongue: though I'll be swooning over him while watching his other drama Remember that I'll start watching after Ruler ends :tongue::wub: 

me too :( but like you said we still have time so we're to use it to the fullest :wink: 

yeah they went through ALOT to get here :wub: as for Lee Seon, it's really a shock how there is no sign of old Lee Seon in the Lee Seon we're seeing now :blink: if anyone is to bring him back it's our King's kindness and moving words but no other person!!

YAAAY...:( 

I agree. CP's heart is one of the kindest in any saeguek i have seen :wub: LS wanted to better his life but did so by trying to keep what is not his which turned him into a greedy obsess person. Even if i cannot forgive him for his deeds..if our King does, i will too lol. Aww yes. Time has gone by fast. I made many new friends here too and even met some old ones. Will surely miss this thread and everything else that came with it. But we will all still be here for the very end :wink:

2 hours ago, googleme said:

Its monday here, final week for ruler! :D 

It is still only Sunday here for me. But soon it will be Monday too, and days closer to the finale of our beloved drama and OTP. Why does that sound so bittersweet?!

17 minutes ago, etylovedrama said:

I read somewhere in DB. A user mention that Lookout PD was supposed to direct ruler. She also mentioned it will different as his directing quite good. 

Hm..i don't know if this is true or not chingu. I haven't heard something like this mentioned yet.

@rossy5 awe thanks for the pic chingu.

Judging from it, they are wearing bandages as gloves. Oh yea! ANTIDOTE MAKING TIME! I KNEW IT WOULD BE WB AND GE TO HELP MAKE IT..AND AM SO GLAD MC WILL JOIN TOO :D

Edit

@googleme i believe it is for antidote making :D They are wearing an apron which I think is suitable for the doctors or herbalists at the palace :) so excited for the finale. 

@YourHighness . Sawoo is 師友 meaning fellow learner/disciple from same the master/institute. It can be considered a title.

I'm so sad that this week is the finale, and I happen to be having a busy time, don't really have time to camp here nor to mourn for (or celebrate?:D) the ending of our beloved series... I hope I'll be able to live stream come Wednesday night.

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@YourHighness . Sawoo is 師友 meaning fellow learner/disciple from same the master/institute. It can be considered a title.

I'm so sad that this week is the finale, and I happen to be having a busy time, don't really have time to camp here nor to mourn for (or celebrate?:D) the ending of our beloved series... I hope I'll be able to live stream come Wednesday night.

Ah yes. I do remember other chingus mentioning that Sawoo is a title. @YourHighness . i think Sawoo is a title as stated :)

Awwww..hopefully you join us chingu. The finale will be fast paced and exciting and sweet too, i am sure! Hahaha..i will take celebrating over mourning. We have mourn enough for our drama's flaws and heart aches of our OTP and their lives haha. 

45 minutes ago, etylovedrama said:

I read somewhere in DB. A user mention that Lookout PD was supposed to direct ruler. She also mentioned it will different as his directing quite good. 

That is true. At first Son Hyung-Seok PD (Lookout) was introduced as direct of Ruler when YSH casting was confirmed but it was changed to Noh Do-Chul around Nov last year. You can find tons of early Ruler articles referring Son Hyung-Seok as Director. Who knows how Ruler turned out to be under a different director...We can only imagine... :(

BTW I feel sad reading WB's IG update.

He's saying nice things to all the cast one by one...It feels like the end is so near!!!!!!!!!!!! :bawling:

Archived