[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this Lee Sun doesn't deserve a Crown Prince

He is like A frog who looks at the sky at the bottom of a well

and thinks it is the navel of the world

disobedient, immature son.. he is really responbable of his parents's deaths

and others too

How long can he open his eyes ??????

all his actings are not for his people but only for his girl

18 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Ommo...this is sad :(...both CP's  & GE's misery continues :(

yes!! :confounded: I have no idea how things will get better!! ahhh happy I have BTS updates to help me recharge my hope for their better future though it has nothing to do with the plot, but seeing their smiles is good thing anyway!! :tongue: 

“Ruler”-Crown Prince couldn’t save the day…Ga Eun devastating

Link: http://entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/4571945/news/read?oid=112&aid=0002921436&pid=hot.030.101.1049813&cid=1062357

Translated by me.

-345,26 Kim So Hyun acting is top class

-291,25 Yoo Seung Ho is super handsome and cool, indeed acting King. Just perfect

-209,12 Kim So Hyun’s melo acting T____T so sad T___________T

- 46,4 No acting hole *I don’t think so though* It’s been a long time since I watched a sageuk drama, I must say this one has captured my heart TT

Other comments:

-The Magistrate (Ga Eun father) was so pitiful. The tragic scenes between Yoo Seung Ho and Kim So Hyun were also so sad.

-Look at how good were So Hyun expressions and melo acting ..A..

- Kim So Hyun :(((( So sad :((((((((((((((

-Woa the feeling when you are immersed in this drama T__________T

-Sohyun and Seung-ho crying scene ㅠㅠㅠ ㅠㅠㅠ really sad 

- So Hyun acting skills is top notch

- Woa… the Magistrate… So tragic…

- Woa today acting from So Hyun, Seung Ho and L were just awesome T_T made you cry from the get go.

- L also improved his acting

Honestly I cannot replay tragic scenes as much as lighter scenes but the scene where Ga Eun cried her heart out as the tragic happened all before her eyes, I have repeated a dozen times already.

Firstly it’s a truly well-acted scene where the actor and actress acting skills hit climax and the emotions were fully delivered and the viewers couldn’t help but truly be sadden and cried with them.

Secondly, as much promising as the character description of Han Ga Eun, we haven’t see much of her *in debt to the lacking of screentime I might say dear writer-nim and PD-nim?* hence Kim So Hyun had little to no field to showcase her acting abilities. Frustrated, yes. But I will wait for next week before I make another judgment on this show.

The scene between Prince and Ga Eun was the best one so far in term of cinematography and emotions delivery. Indeed, they could just stand still there, not saying anything, just looking at each other eyes longingly and the ratings still hit new record. That’s how awesome and strong capabilities of our lead actor and actress.

Last but not least, Seung Ho has done a great job so far carried the show along with the more veteran actors like Kim Myungsoo, Jeon No Min and Heo Joon Ho. Im kind of sad that most of the older casts now gone, only Daemok and Woobo left, but I can’t wait to see the growth of our young but not green casts.

10 hours ago, RanM said:

Why do most of you think that the queen will betray the King and CP? Is it because it was shown that she was talking to one of the officials? 

And @wackeemarie why do you think that the queen resented the King's relationship with the consort? From what i've seen from the earlier episodes, though they are not close confidante/buddy buddy with each other, at least the queen is amicable, if not, is civil with the consort. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think it was the scene wherein the two (Queen & the consort) are talking about the CP's bethrothal. Though I'm wondering why is the queen not included in the plan that is the king is making. And why is she not that worried about the CP's fate unlike that of the consort. 

Anyhow, @enigmatic_zephy why do you think LS/LY is not loyal to CP? I think one of the factors that would make him change(go to other side) is because he thought that the only ally/friend/support (CP) he had in the palace is dead. Maybe he just lose all hope and that's where DM enters and tries to lure him. 

And little by little i think i'm softening up with HG (though honestly speaking i can't seem to connect with yoo son hee's acting). Anyway, i found her character interesting. She doesn't seem like the typical  female villain wherein she would do everything/anything to get the male lead. She is considerate with the CP's feelings and does pity him. And so far, all the thing she does is to aid the CP. I can see her resemblance with Lee Se Ryung of The Princess Man (my all time favorite saeguk) in the se ryung defies her father and tries to save her loved one. BUT only on that part, because as much SR tries to save SY, she atleast condones his father evil doings unlike HG. 

@RanM @KimJongKookie @ktcjdrama @wackeemarie  I think that this drama is loosely based on Prince Sado story. His father, the King was weak  politically because his bio mother was not noble blood (he was adopted by the royal Queen) so his family connections were not as strong and he was not as respected by the noble class (although he was an excellent and brilliant king),  His second Queen (the one in the drama) was much younger than him and was from very a powerful clan, that were part of a politically extremely powerful faction.   Later on Prince Sado's son became the king and she gave him a lot of trouble, but because of her power she got away with even treasonous actions.   I think this drama may be based on this, and they are going to show that the destiny suffered by Prince Sado was suffered by a stand in, and perhaps the father King is also a stand in. But not sure how they would do that..    There was a prediction at Sado's birth about the time he was born, what would happen to him.   So that is a theory anyway.  But I think the Queen is definitely working with DM.

47 minutes ago, xHanaParkx said:

why is no preview 

look the comments before this, they provide the preview.

can someone translate the preview? what I understand at one scene where LS and DM, DM said to LS you're the king of joseon. So that means his gonna use LS eventhough he knows his not the real king/cp. 

This story deserves the high ratings, I just don't know how it will be for the next episodes onwards cause its unpredictable. I'm scared that LS will be king and maybe one day (just maybe) he doesn't want to give back the king title to the real CP. but I think LS is gonna die cause he needs the antidote since he ate the "poison" thingy during the ritual. 

I just hope Gaeun gets more screen and play after this, I dont get enough of her acting and I know she acts really well. and please more romance!!

21 minutes ago, mili1234 said:

look the comments before this, they provide the preview.

can someone translate the preview? what I understand at one scene where LS and DM, DM said to LS you're the king of joseon. So that means DM don't know that his not the real CP/KING then :unsure:

This story deserves the high ratings, I just don't know how it will be for the next episodes onwards cause its unpredictable. I'm scared that LS will be king and maybe one day (just maybe) he doesn't want to give back the king title to the real CP. but I think LS is gonna die cause he needs the antidote since he ate the "poison" thingy during the ritual. 

I just hope Gaeun gets more screen and play after this, I dont get enough of her acting and I know she acts really well. and please more romance!!

can't really help but that evil man (Dok Man) is aware that Lee Seon is a fake Crown Prince but he told him that he needs to follow his orders and become Joseon's King so he can live!! 

yeah, I'm so happy (heartbroken from the pain but happy with the drama) how things are going, I knew that we will reach a point where Lee Seon will become the King but didn't think we'll get there by the 2nd week in the drama and I still believe Lee Seon will reach the point where he won't want to give the throne to our Crown Prince but I'm happy that they gave him more reasons and conflicts during his "ruling" and why he'll reach there, not only for greed which will remane there but it's more than just that!!

about the antidote, he can live as long as he keep taking these flower posion but can't be saved otherwise sadly!!  

I hope so and I believe we will have more of her!! :) now about romance, I'd love that but think it will be a little complicated with our Crown Prince knowing she hates him and want to kill him as the Crown Prince and can't/doesn't want to be with him as bookseller Chun Soo who is a reminder of her father's death!! :heartbreak: but we will get there little by little for sure!! :wink: 

4 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

yes!! :confounded: I have no idea how things will get better!! ahhh happy I have BTS updates to help me recharge my hope for their better future though it has nothing to do with the plot, but seeing their smiles is good thing anyway!! :tongue: 

Only by time...we just have to made it through...think will be weeks :(

2 hours ago, Ly Khánh said:

“Ruler”-Crown Prince couldn’t save the day…Ga Eun devastating

Link: http://entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/4571945/news/read?oid=112&aid=0002921436&pid=hot.030.101.1049813&cid=1062357

Honestly I cannot replay tragic scenes as much as lighter scenes but the scene where Ga Eun cried her heart out as the tragic happened all before her eyes, I have repeated a dozen times already.

Though it was really sad and hard....that scene got to me more then all of CP crying to be honest...he was good and is good but hers was the best

Good scene was as well , at least to me, when YS finally told to the king why he offered to act as CP :(

1 hour ago, mili1234 said:

Me too...

Yeah if not more romance right away at least one scene like last one per ep to make it easier to bear all this injustice and sadness 

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

Only by time...we just have to made it through...think will be weeks :(

Good scene was as well , at least to me, when YS finally told to the king why he offered to act as CP :(

Me too...

Yeah if not more romance right away at least one scene like last one per ep to make it easier to bear all this injustice and sadness 

is that helping me going though this pain chingu?!! :blink: hhhhh

didn't really get it!! :sweatingbullets: you mean the one where he told his father he never asked to be the Crown Prince?!! 

hope so!! 

tumblr_oq6iinF21Y1qc1wjwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_oq6iinF21Y1qc1wjwo2_500.jpg

tumblr_oq6iinF21Y1qc1wjwo3_500.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_oq6iinF21Y1qc1wjwo4_500.jpg

BRUHHHHH LMAOOO

cr: cassianandor

GIVE ME THAT!! :naughty: hope we'll get that by the end of the drama when our Crown Prince destroy his power!! :naughty:

16 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

is that helping me going though this pain chingu?!! :blink: hhhhh

didn't really get it!! :sweatingbullets: you mean the one where he told his father he never asked to be the Crown Prince?!! 

Sorry :tongue:

No...fake one when they tortured him and he said coz he's hungry...

16 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Sorry :tongue:

No...fake one when they tortured him and he said coz he's hungry...

hhhhhhh I was kidding chingu!! :wink: 

oh, yeah that was really sad and hated the King for torturing him when he only wanted to help the real Crown Prince!! but when Lee Seon sad he did it because he was hangry and all his other troubles I was worried beside being sad, his reasons shows that he really can/will (try to) take over the throne for good since his actions didn't come from pure loyalty but need!! 

One reason why KSH is one of my favorite actress (aside from the fact she was always a favorite child actor of mine too) is her ability to portray tragic, heartbreaking scenes. The way she cries makes me cry too, and I can imagine how hurt she must feel for witnessing the tragic scene. It's not just this drama, but any drama she has done which involve portraying the anguish of sadness and tears. Put YSH with KSH, and we will have emotional breakdowns each time these two do their crying scenes.

Plus, I am so loving their chemistry in this drama. They are my next OTP I am going to go crazy for. I know it!

I believe GE will have more screen time as the drama progresses, and the romance will pick up. I have hope because as i mentioned, I watched a YT video and they mentioned the 'romance and intimate scenes has not happened, YET. But even so, the forehead scene kiss felt very sweet and intimate and romantic to me. Love the way he kissed her and wiped her tears (yes, i am a sucker for romantic gestures) but talking about romance, I wanted to ask this:

Spoiler

Do you think there will be any kissing scenes, given the fact that they are 6 years apart? I believe he is 23 and she is 17. Does Kneitzens still consider 17 as too young to kiss? For me personally, I would like some kiss scenes. Yes. I am greedy too :tongue::wink:B):wub:

So, seems like DM will use fake CP to his advantage, and commoner LS will know the power of being a king (and puppet). He will become dependent on the antidotes now. Wow. The sacrifice he made is huge. I love the scene when CP told commoner LS that he would like to have him as a loyal servant and friend. CP never grew up with real friends. It was touching to see a spark of friendship for both our LS. I just hope it doesn't take a dark turn. 

Thanks for the preview! Judging from it, a lot of scenes shown in the preview are from where we left off only, so it doesn't reveal much to us what will happen in the next episodes. Either way, it keeps the suspense up for us to spazz and converse :D

This drama is 40 episodes, but since they split it up 30 mins each episode, it really will be only 20 episodes (30 min each) to equal 40 episodes. Did i do the calculations correct? Because if it is 40 episodes, split up into 2, it will be 80 episodes. Where as it 20 episodes x 2 will be 40. 

20 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

One reason why KSH is one of my favorite actress (aside from the fact she was always a favorite child actor of mine too) is her ability to portray tragic, heartbreaking scenes. The way she cries makes me cry too, and I can imagine how hurt she must feel for witnessing the tragic scene. It's not just this drama, but any drama she has done which involve portraying the anguish of sadness and tears. Put YSH with KSH, and we will have emotional breakdowns each time these two do their crying scenes.

Plus, I am so loving their chemistry in this drama. They are my next OTP I am going to go crazy for. I know it!

I believe GE will have more screen time as the drama progresses, and the romance will pick up. I have hope because as i mentioned, I watched a YT video and they mentioned the 'romance and intimate scenes has not happened, YET. But even so, the forehead scene kiss felt very sweet and intimate and romantic to me. Love the way he kissed her and wiped her tears (yes, i am a sucker for romantic gestures) but talking about romance, I wanted to ask this:

Hide contents

Do you think there will be any kissing scenes, given the fact that they are 6 years apart? I believe he is 23 and she is 17. Does Kneitzens still consider 17 as too young to kiss? For me personally, I would like some kiss scenes. Yes. I am greedy too :tongue::wink:B):wub:

So, seems like DM will use fake CP to his advantage, and commoner LS will know the power of being a king (and puppet). He will become dependent on the antidotes now. Wow. The sacrifice he made is huge. I love the scene when CP told commoner LS that he would like to have him as a loyal servant and friend. CP never grew up with real friends. It was touching to see a spark of friendship for both our LS. I just hope it doesn't take a dark turn. 

Thanks for the preview! Judging from it, a lot of scenes shown in the preview are from where we left off only, so it doesn't reveal much to us what will happen in the next episodes. Either way, it keeps the suspense up for us to spazz and converse :D

This drama is 40 episodes, but since they split it up 30 mins each episode, it really will be only 20 episodes (30 min each) to equal 40 episodes. Did i do the calculations correct? Because if it is 40 episodes, split up into 2, it will be 80 episodes. Where as it 20 episodes x 2 will be 40. 

I loved their chemistery and their scenes together too!! :wub: and maybe we will get a kiss scene when she turnes 18 (19 korean age) this june!! :wink: 

I loved the few friendship moment we got from our Crown Prince and Lee Seon but sadly I can see it getting crushed in the futre, still I hope it get solved by the end of the drama!! 

hhhhhhhh yeah, I got what you mean!! :D well this drama is 20 episodes (40 with the new deviding formula)!! :D 

16 hours ago, RanM said:

Why do most of you think that the queen will betray the King and CP? Is it because it was shown that she was talking to one of the officials? 

And @wackeemarie why do you think that the queen resented the King's relationship with the consort? From what i've seen from the earlier episodes, though they are not close confidante/buddy buddy with each other, at least the queen is amicable, if not, is civil with the consort. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think it was the scene wherein the two (Queen & the consort) are talking about the CP's bethrothal. Though I'm wondering why is the queen not included in the plan that is the king is making. And why is she not that worried about the CP's fate unlike that of the consort. 

Hello, yes the Queen & Royal Consort are/were at least civil with each other. But, I think over the years, the Queen would be resentful for a few reasons

a. she didn't give birth to the Crown Prince, no other children/son shown either. Kids are usually a pride & source of power for a Queen

b. when CP ascends the throne, his mother would be elevated, might be higher than the Queen even. (This is mostly inferred from watching other dramas. I dont remember well if this applies to this period of Korean history too.pls CMIIW)

c. she seems excluded in the King's inner circle regarding his plans for the CP even from the beginning (she doesnt know what CP looks like, etc)

My reasoning mostly lies on the politics and power plays surrounding them (+ hours of watching other dramas in the past :D)

Kim So Hyun opens up about her love life and intense on-screen chemistry with Ruler: Master of the Mask co-star, Yoo Seung Ho

d2c8da9a-4877-4a1c-bc1d-e3e32801472d.jpg

In her recent photoshoot for High CutRuler: Master of the Mask's lead actress Kim So Hyun not only shows off her retro side, but she also divulged the details of her chemistry with her co-star Yoo Seung Ho and what it's like to do romantic scenes when she has no prior dating experience. Make sure to get the scoop and check out the amazing pictures too!

Just what is it like to work with Yoo Seung Ho? Kim So Hyun opened up about her experiences in an exclusive interview stating,

"Seung Ho oppa feels like a friend my age. He's comparably younger than the other actors I've worked with, so we joke around a lot and exchange our honest thoughts when acting. I think it's possible because we trust each other."

Kim So Hyun also confessed that she is now much better at making friends at work, admitting, 

"[I used to be] a closed-off wall of a person. These days, I'm better about it. Back then, it was really hard for me to get close to the oppas I worked with. Unnies were fine and younger male dongsaengs were fine too, but oppas were always difficult for me. They were like a mysterious area for me. But if I feel awkward, the other actor feels awkward too. It's not very mannerly of me either. So since some time ago, I've been studying up on how to become friendlier, making jokes first, and such."

When it comes to dating, it is not a secret that Kim So Hyun is well known as someone with zero dating experience. Kim So Hyun revealed how the lack of romance in her life affects her work.

"I can do light, lovey-dovey acts, but I have trouble with acting where a couple open up about their feelings eye to eye. Even in movies, it's like that. They love each other but because they don't say so, they end up misunderstanding. Honestly, because I've never dated before, I can't understand those things fully. But how can you experience for yourself every acting situation? So I ask others around me instead... For now, I'm sticking to learning with my head."

We can appreciate Kim So Hyun's hard work as she puts in the effort to grow as an actress! 

source: https://www.dramafever.com/news/kim-so-hyun-discusses-chemistry-with-yoo-seung-ho-and-having-no-dating-experience/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=dramafever

Archived