[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

The preview for the last two episodes was about 2 minutes and essentially covered two scenes which means there should be about 1.5 hour to cover the rest of the story. Hoping production will give us a proper and satisfied ending. If not, they better give us season 2.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

The rate the episode has gone today is utter disappointment.  I cant believe its really going to take YWY's death to finally awaken XE's love for him (for this the writers are following the book i see).  Hearing him talk abt her being YX's wife and addressing her as so must be killing him inside (he tends to only show his sorrow when he's alone, my poor YWY) and that the one who can hurt him would no longer be his is so heartbreaking to hear let alone feel on his part.  I like how he actually considered XE as belonging to him once and i thought XE felt slightly disturbed by his pain too.

I cant comprehend that after all YWY has shown and done for her yet XE still wishes to be and now marry YX.  She lets YWY hug, kiss and kiss her again but all those years with YX not once has she done these with him so what actually is in her heart and mind.  YWY has revealed, confessed and demonstrated his love for her and yet after these embraces and kisses she's still staying with YX. I find the development of XE's character truly confusing.

How does YWY bear this pain? I cant imagine that till his "death" in the lake he would still not know XE has a change of heart or aware she might love him.  That would mean if he indeed "died" he would have died thinking XE never loved him and this is so unfair and sad for YWY to "leave" like that.  And yet, he would still love her till death.

I need to see XE's reaction when YWY calls her Yan Wangfei tomorrow.

I wonder if XE thinks staying and being with YX will keep or curb his evil side from developing further as she finally realises what YWY said abt YX being the wolf raised by her and feels responsibe for some of his actions.  But XE, a man especially a grown one like YX can and must be responsible for his own deeds and actions as he knows right from wrong, good and bad as well as whats black and whats white and no one can stop a person's change of heart or destiny. 

Image may contain: 1 person, close-up

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

Hide contents

Image may contain: 1 person, close-up

Hide contents

credit as tagged

BTS - Ice Lake Scene:

credit to 4uDrama

Yes, I agree with you. Only YWY die can make CQ awake the love for him. And I'm also confused with CQ character's grow and development in the drama. That is why I have a post earlier asking when and how CQ develop her feeling for YWY. 

She is very contradict in the sense of accepting all the embraces and kisses from YWY, and yet still ambitious and confident to stay by YX thought that she can influence him to be good again? In my opinion, she is very selfish. She cares about the people's in Yanbei, cares about people's suffered from war, thought that she is responsible for YX's attitude changed, wanted to hold on her beliefs that no more slavery blah blah blah, but what about her loves one? I just couldn't understand her priority :wacko:. YWY on the other hand just want her to live happily and listen to her own heart. Aren't these all the actions and thought a person hopes for his loves one? He let her do whatever she wants, and yet still be waiting her reciprocal. Poor him..

I dunno why after seeing the preview, I have a feeling he is about to give up and let her go.. I feel so pity for him. 

Well, I guess I will be just keep quiet and watch the remaining episodes until the end. And I do hope they both end up together good and we have more lovey dovey screen time for both of them.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

I don't know about others but I am represavtive of those who never heard of him until PA.  I must qualify that this is just my third Cdrama in recent years.  I got into this because I liked ZLY in Rookie Agent, which I watched on a Netflix right before PA started to review/hopefully find an inspiration to improve my limited Mandarin.  I used to watch some Hong Kong series in the eighties because my sister was nuts over those series and we only had one TV, she was older so the choices were either watch it with her or nothing.  Anyway, I can definitely say I form part of LGX 's legion of new fans.   Some say his screen time is rather limited for a male lead and he seems like a cameo sometimes but regardless, it has gotten him a lot more facial and name recognition.   

PA is only my second C drama, being The Princess Weiyoung as first. It's really nice to see actors like LGX not only having a pretty face but also acting skills to match. I'm a fan now of his because of PA just like after watching Luo Jin  in PW. Both have depths in their acting and actors like them often save crappy storyline and dialogues.

I hope to see LGX in a modern day romance drama hopefully with ZLY again.Though I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him again in another period/ historical drama.There are plenty of good looking actors in those costumes but none of them , IMO, can look as handsome and as convincing as LGX. He was born to wear those wigs and robes and owning them every single time:D

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Hapiangle said:

Yes, I agree with you. Only YWY die can make CQ awake the love for him. And I'm also confused with CQ character's grow and development in the drama. That is why I have a post earlier asking when and how CQ develop her feeling for YWY. 

She is very contradict in the sense of accepting all the embraces and kisses from YWY, and yet still ambitious and confident to stay by YX thought that she can influence him to be good again? In my opinion, she is very selfish. She cares about the people's in Yanbei, cares about people's suffered from war, thought that she is responsible for YX's attitude changed, wanted to hold on her beliefs that no more slavery blah blah blah, but what about her loves one? I just couldn't understand her priority :wacko:. YWY on the other hand just want her to live happily and listen to her own heart. Aren't these all the actions and thought a person hopes for his loves one? He let her do whatever she wants, and yet still be waiting her reciprocal. Poor him..

I dunno why after seeing the preview, I have a feeling he is about to give up and let her go.. I feel so pity for him. 

Well, I guess I will be just keep quiet and watch the remaining episodes until the end. And I do hope they both end up together good and we have more lovey dovey screen time for both of them.

Spoiler

Yup agree so unfair for Ywy ... that CQ is so strange leaving him uncertain :( but if she doesnt love him surely she will reject his kiss n hug ... i think her responsible to YX is more than enough .. how come keep besides him all the time ... 

She also rejected Mr Wu to leave yanbei  .. seems she doesnt wanna continue her mom journey but stay beside yx all the time ... we might think.that she loves to be Queen if she still in YX side ... even YWY also doubting her ... if he just dead in icy lake without knowing anything yeah maybe he do it willingly coz his heart is broken ... he doesnt have purpose to live for anymore 

9 minutes ago, Hapiangle said:

Spoiler

Yup agree so unfair for Ywy ... that CQ is so strange leaving him uncertain :( but if she doesnt love him surely she will reject his kiss n hug ... i think her responsible to YX is more than enough .. how come keep besides him all the time ... 

She also rejected Mr Wu to leave yanbei  .. seems she doesnt wanna continue her mom journey but stay beside yx all the time ... we might think.that she loves to be Queen if she still in YX side ... even YWY also doubting her ... if he just dead in icy lake without knowing anything yeah maybe he do it willingly coz his heart is broken ... he doesnt have purpose to live for anymore 

• Like 2

so I went back to look at JoF's last episode and the climax was from 20:00-34:00. The the last ~9 or so minutes was the ending. 

If we are lucky we will get something similar, but who knows since the scriptwriters are different. 

2 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Anybody knows today's episode ratings. I heard from twitter it's very low. Is it true? 

should come out tomorrow, but I dont expect it to be a good rating since they changed the time/date and didn't advertise it hoping to trick people into watching their new drama. Just Hunan being their trashy self. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Melda Hung said:

Lol so all MeiLinQuan aunties want him to be their son in law haha:D haha maybe those aunties also fall in love with ywy lol he is so handsome and outstanding man:wub:

Tell those ladies to get in line.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

should come out tomorrow, but I dont expect it to be a good rating since they changed the time/date and didn't advertise it hoping to trick people into watching their new drama. Just Hunan being their trashy self. 

Plz do share it when u know the ratings. Hunan is really terrible to do that. Really the timing is unknown plus the episode was also draggy cannot expect much ratings. But still hoping PA would end with high ratings

• Like 3

From the variety show today. 

180 from YWY

cb905190gy1fi2h6g7g8hg20dc07i7ok.gif

cb905190gy1fi2h6h6vtsg20dc07ikjl.gif

cb905190gy1fi2h6ibnqpg20dc07ikdl.gif

cb905190gy1fi2h6kmev4g20dc07ix6p.gif

lmao, what did they do to him? poor LGX

cb905190gy1fi2h6jf54ng20dc07i7jq.gif

4 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Plz do share it when u know the ratings. Hunan is really terrible to do that. Really the timing is unknown plus the episode was also draggy cannot expect much ratings. But still hoping PA would end with high ratings

it will still end as one of the highest rated drama of the year, but ratings will drop for these last two episodes due to changes. People need to stay awake until midnight to catch the drama, very few people can do that. 

Hunan is horrible. 

• Like 7

Just finished today's episode and it's soo weird that it's Sunday. Lol. :D

I am just ready for the ending. I don't even know why it's taking soo long and dragging soo much. I mean if they aren't going to keep the same people for season 2, don't do it and just give us a sequel of happy moments of our OTP. 

3 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

lmao, what did they do to him? poor LGX

cb905190gy1fi2h6jf54ng20dc07i7jq.gif

But OMG! What happen here? I gotta go watch this variety show now. Lol! :lol:

• Like 1

guys is it possible for them to differ the ending from the novel?:(

all the novels turned into dramas had the same endings maybe plot changes but they never change the ending. is that true?

as all we know, the ending will be fast and clumsy. maybe their definition of a happy ending has changed:D

• Like 2

I absolutely love LGX as YWY but he rides this new fame with ZLY. This drama works because these two have explosive chemistry together. (Others opinions may differ) Yes, romance lacks but damn, I'll drop all other dramas just to get a chance at watching these two share screen time again. Like someone mention earlier, they speak with their eyes when acting. Just like a couple who can complete each other's sentence, I feel this is what they have. PA is very flawed, I was planning to drop this a while back but I am so in love with LGX and ZLY together (in reel time) that it's very difficult to not watch. Two more days and reading about everyone's disappointment is nerve wrecking but if I was the Author of the original novel, I would be insulted if they change the ending in the dramatized version. It's like the screenwriter is telling you that your story stinks and I'll change it up for you! This is unfair to the fans of the book, especially ZLY who originally wanted to play this role because of her character as in the novel. 

• Like 10

Just now, kw2a said:

Any recommendations as what to watch after PA is over ? 

I am going to watch YueQi in The Eternal Love, nothing else looks good to me. I tried some of the new dramas but had to drop them. I need something light after PA :tongue: 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kw2a said:

Well, its depends how much of LGX and ZLY fan u r??? Honestly, if the end PA doesnt go the way i hope ot does i might not watch another drama for a very long unless they come out with PA2 but same cast or something like PA and with LGX N ZLY as the 2 main leads as lovers or soon to become lovers. 

I am not sure jow much u will be able to see LGX but he is in a movie called The Great Wall. I think i am gonna watch that today while the new episode is be worked on with the eng sub

19 minutes ago, kw2a said:

17 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I am going to watch YueQi in The Eternal Love, nothing else looks good to me. I tried some of the new dramas but had to drop them. I need something light after PA :tongue: 

I'm just about to ask the same question :D 

I think I'm gonna check again Lost Love in Times (Liu Shi Shi and William Chan as the leads, and the director is the director of The Journey of Flower and Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms). Couldn't watch this before and any other drama because of how much I attach to YWY-XE so much :D 

And also I'm gonna check Xuan-Yuan Sword Legend : The Clouds of Han and maybe watching with fastforward The King's Woman.

But I don't know, with a very big possibility that the icy lake thing will be on the last episode, I think I'm gonna need a lot of time to recover to watch another drama. Still have a slightest hope that the ending will be good ending although rushing like TJOF. Oh and maybe I'm gonna continue watching 72 Floor of Mystery and looking for LGX's variety show. And definetely will watch Tears in Heaven with Shawn Dou and Li Jin as leads.

How about the rest of you girls? What are you gonna be watching?

I'm gonna miss you all sooooo much :bawling: I hope will gonna meet again in other thread.

• Like 7