[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

59 minutes ago, Bella-Chimura said:

So... my conclusion, with remaining 3 episodes.

Sunday- Liang Princess penpal stories and Mr. Wu reminiscing CQ memories

Monday- The Jade ring guy and the Cat fish betrayer story. 

Tuesday- Icy lake. YWY died. CQ married YX and live happily ever after

@Bella-Chimura don't know about happily ever after more like dysfunctional ever after. :tongue: And has anyone noticed that YX doesn't do a darn thing, he isn't even a good strategist, and planning was done by either Ms. Yu, or XE and later by shady Generals. Since in Hong Chuan all he spends his time making a Jade thingy for XE. Hmmmmm. YWY made a silver bell charm for XE and did it overnight. :D

• Like 10

4 hours ago, mamamya88 said:
5 hours ago, Melda Hung said:

They supposed to be Xiao Che children? At the novel they raise his child but now no idea cause this drama always dragging so impossible XC will be dead in this 3 episodes ... really dont hav any idea .. LGX did say that XE is not pregnant in the series  ...

Its okay if XE dont get pregnant, as long as YWY and XE get to be happy together at the end...that is enough for us....

What a big disappointment then i wont get to see our little YWY(s) born and perhaps do some ice arrow & martial arts and bedroom sparring like daddy YWY or see LGX dotes and do daddy roles with little XE(s).  Looks like LGX's baby reality show might be the next thing for me....

Anyway, am saying this again that i am still not giving up but hoping for an acceptable ending where YWY and XE would be together. 

Love YWY, he deserves to be happy for all that he's done and endured in silence and i believe that he will live to see the rewards of his good deeds: 

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

.... Sometimes, i feel YWY is even a greater character than YH!

credit as tagged

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Right now the thing I despise the most about this show is how they're waving the so-called love polygon under our noses like a decomposing carrot and turning perfectly decent characters into shadow puppets dancing to the ratings tune. On the one hand we're made to feel like this is some serious political show not primarily about romance, then the next moment we're told that it actually is all about romance. It's downright bad manners. So everything that people do in this show is somehow tied to the tacky love polygon which has more knots than overnight undried hair first thing in the morning. This egregious audience manipulation is something I absolutely detest with a passion.

Once I was ambivalent about YX but at least there was clarity about his mission. Since he escaped from Chang'an and decided that he was waging war on Wei he's gone from bad to pathetic. It seems like somebody knows that he should be the bad guy but they're too craven to hand him completely over to the dark side (maybe they're paying Shawn the big bucks for eyeliner privileges) so they keep making him look like a first class loser at every opportunity. The man doesn't do anything on his own now except carve and polish jade while stalking CQ like The Phantom. It's a game between CY and CQ while he's looking on in the sidelines looking blandly stern. Now he's begging CQ to stay because apparently he's doing all this for her but he knows she hates what he's doing. What the heck! As if it isn't enough that he's become a stalkery Warring States version of Charlie Brown... he whines... waaaaaaaa... "I have nobody but you." Suck it up buddy and make new friends!  Just when I thought I couldn't dislike YX much more... I've come to despise him through and through. His indecision is costing lives while he's allowing people to manipulate him under his nose. because he hasn't got the guts to do what needs to be done. Apparently it's all because of lurrrve...  (Ants are crawling up my skin)

This is appalling. YX is turning into a first class wuss. Give me a James Bond... moustache twirling villain anytime above this sorry excuse of a prince YX has become. I don't know why CY hasn't tried to kill him already and take over. At the rate things are going, I won't be surprised if a mutiny is on the cards.

CQ has taken to sulking in her room. To what end? So she can ponder over the futility of life? Get in line kiddo! These days everyone who isn't trying to get someone killed is pondering over the futility of life. What makes her so special? Let's give her brownie points for finally realising the world is a big place and she can't solve all of its problems. But move on already. At least CY is keeping you on your toes because YX isn't doing that much to stir your ticker. 

YWY has attained bodhisattva status with his latest pronouncements. At the rate he's going he'll die a celibate. Of course he'd rather be late night tangoing with XE but what to do, she'd rather be late-night sulking alone in her bedroom like a teenage girl who has just realised the boy she's dating is a closet psychopath that runs a fraternity that bullies the younger kids in school. 

WSY is the dumbest sap of all because there's a girl he likes who's a self-harming cutter who wants to die but nobody will let her. He keeps trying to save her from herself but he's not really very good at it. 

What the devil is this show turning into? Warring States High? CQ Buffy The Kingdom Slayer?

LOl that was a good read! Agreeable with what is mostly said! LOL good laugh!  

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

What a big disappointment then i wont get to see our little YWY(s) born and perhaps do some ice arrow & martial arts and bedroom sparring like daddy YWY or see LGX dotes and do daddy roles with little XE(s).  Looks like LGX's baby reality show might be the next thing for me....

Anyway, am saying this again that i am still not giving up but hoping for an acceptable ending where YWY and XE would be together. 

Love YWY, he deserves to be happy for all that he's done and endured in silence and i believe that he will live to see the rewards of his good deeds: 

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

.... Sometimes, i feel YWY is even a greater character than YH!

credit as tagged

im sure all of us want a happy happy ending for YWY ... he is so pitiful in love ... 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cenching said:

The icy lake scene for sure will happen based upon the interviews from the main casts and BTS. The thing that most viewers worry about is the AFTER icy lake scene in the drama, will they just kill off YWY or they will follow the book? In the book YWY faked his death but eventually the story got a happy ending between the 2 of them.

At this point I don't care anymore, with XE's character that completely destroy my nerve I would rather YWY died and let her suffers forever. She doesn't appreciates him anyway, while YWY since he can't get over her the only way out is death. At least he died happy knowing he did the best he can.

Anyway whatever is the outcome the only thing I will cherish in this drama is YWY and ChunEr.

Hang on there.  YWY cannot die.  Why should the best guy ever die just to make somebody we may not like suffer.  Besides, she will suffer enough being with YX and witnessing her dream turning into ashes as she sees more bloodshed in his path for vengeance and domination.  YWY is a survivor.   He'll be okay. He has learned to let go.  I think he's at peace with losing her already so he'll be okay if she wants to suffer beside YX.  It's us YWY/XE shippers that will need PPAT (post PA trauma) therapy if we don't get a happy ending.  But I am still feeling confident.  Maybe a bit less confident with episode that passes but still nothing to change my bet.

• Like 10

Once again  YWY proves his love for XE by letting her decide for herself.I'm so glad that he stayed true to himself for  I thought  with XE pouring and crying herself due to her predicament , he will hug her.OMG Zhanila is a very good actress.I cried myself but i would like to see more of herself trying to convince YWY that she truly loves him in words and deeds.Idon't want the ending to be like Empress Ki. Drama god, Happy ending please. BTW, Chen Xiao has the best smile of all her co-stars.CX has that boyish smile.I wish there are lots of romantic scenes on PA just like in Female Prime Ministers(no happy ending also) Leave it to the Drama God.Que sera , sera or what will be, will be.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Melda Hung said:

Guys listen to the song at the end ... is that new song? Hearing the lyric Ah Chu Ku Niang .... 

I like this BTS. After the act with He Xiao, both of them were laughing. HAHA. 

5 minutes ago, eim1 said:

Once again  YWY proves his love for XE by letting her decide for herself.I'm so glad that he stayed true to himself for  I thought  with XE pouring and crying herself due to her predicament , he will hug her.OMG Zhanila is a very good actress.I cried myself but i would like to see more of herself trying to convince YWY that she truly loves him in words and deeds.Idon't want the ending to be like Empress Ki. Drama god, Happy ending please. BTW, Chen Xiao has the best smile of all her co-stars.CX has that boyish smile.I wish there are lots of romantic scenes on PA just like in Female Prime Ministers(no happy ending also) Leave it to the Drama God.Que sera , sera or what will be, will be.

AH, you cried? Then, you must prepare a box of kleenex during the Icy Lake scene. LGX said ZLY couldn't stop crying while filming that scene. Even after the scene, she was crying alot. I like that she's very immersed in her roles. :bawling:

• Like 7

12 hours ago, velvetsnowflake17 said:

Can i just say 'Ive loved everyone of your posts since i joined Soompi....i the midst of 'heavy' discussions you appear with some light but meaningful insights - they refresh the whole mood:heart: :)

@underlined, this is something I have said myself earlier too that CQ has to physically, verbally, mentally, emotionally cut herself from YX - out of her OWN will - otherwise she'd be in a constant state of conflict if she were reciprocate any of YWY feelings confidently, openly.

With YX, I think when he says that he can let go of anyone, but her - he doesn't say it just on the basis of a romantic relation with her. It's as Lady Ajhumma says it's a 'familial' connection without having the blood bond. This relation is very strong between them as neither have any blood family but were with each other through life and death situations. With blood relations we automatically expect the support - but someone without any such connection does this much for you these relations grow deeper and are very very difficult to disconnect from in the short + long term.

YX, WILLINGLY had his finger cut off, left his revenge at it's peak for CQ. I'm sure there were many more incidents during their house arrest (i can't recall as i fwd most of those scenes) His actions weren't pre-meditated or planned (stupid, foolish, irrational, the repercussions, are another matter) that if he took these actions then it would have this effect on her and she would remain beside him. 

Now coming to cut my short ramblings even short:lol: - I've forgotten what i wanted to say :D-  these actions that he is withholding from her and carrying out is slowly chipping away at the edges of the faith, belief, trust, friendship, loyalty etc they share for each other. But they aren't enough for her to give up on him, yet. Every time he does something extreme, he also 'redeems' himself in an extreme way too eg leaving her to defend (i know it was her own choice) HC but returning at the last moment when there could've been a chance for him to turn the tables in Chang'an city. These actions of his will slowly and surely wither away their bond till we get to the Ice Lake - after which she can guilt free cut ties with him. In the book i read here - she doesn't leave him till a year after the icy lake - that i find suits the character they are portraying in the drama too.

Now I shall give my nimble fingers some TLC ...

@velvetsnowflake17, tq and i must say that i love reading your insights too as they provide great resources and reflect your ability to express well in words what other wish to actually say. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

AH, you cried? Then, you must prepare a box of kleenex during the Icy Lake scene. LGX said ZLY couldn't stop crying while filming that scene. Even after the scene, she was crying alot. I like that she's very immersed in her roles. :bawling:

I am looking forward to see the BTS of that scene, The crying and comforting lol! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bella-Chimura said:

Tuesday- Icy lake. YWY died. CQ married YX and live happily ever after-_-

i thought the novels mention the ending is YWY with CQ??? Wait .. what is going on?? the drama ain't following the novels??? :blink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, visiopeia said:

i thought the novels mention the ending is YWY with CQ??? Wait .. what is going on?? the drama ain't following the novels??? :blink:

No, its not that. Its just @Bella-Chimura predicting how the next few episodes will be about. lol :lol: For sure the ending will be YWY with CQ, but as for how far they adapt the novel to the drama, we don't know. Icy Lake could possibly occur sooner, like on Monday though, because the preview on Sunday shows she's in the right clothes, but again those previews are for both ep 65 and 66. With only 1 episode per day starting on Sunday, Icy Lake could occur on Tuesday :( 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, mmrod_04 said:

@Bella-Chimura don't know about happily ever after more like dysfunctional ever after. :tongue: And has anyone noticed that YX doesn't do a darn thing, he isn't even a good strategist, and planning was done by either Ms. Yu, or XE and later by shady Generals. Since in Hong Chuan all he spends his time making a Jade thingy for XE. Hmmmmm. YWY made a silver bell charm for XE and did it overnight. :D

agree YX is nothing compare to YWY ...  just like the old days keep playing and take YWY words  playfully ... all that he curse was YWY didnt tell him the truth blablabla .. YWY is an intelligent he cant tell their secret to everyone anyway !

the one planning everything for YX when he wanna escape to yanbei are CQ and miss Yu.

YX is not a good strategy... he has done nothing ... all that he knows only killing innocent people and greedy to become emperor ..

the damn thing was he promised to her and describing how his yanbei is a kind of very good place with peace ... when they go back then i see there are not heaven like he described to her ... even it worse than Chang An lol... 

11 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

of course we need paseo hahahaah when in the icy lake scene :bawling:

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Melda Hung said:

oh did they stabbed YWY? he is injured before drowning to icy lake rite?

I think he was injured by an arrow shot by CQ because if she didn't shoot him his sword was about to kill YX.  I don't think she wanted him dead, just to injure him so he can't kill YX.  But YX wanted to kill the injured YWY and she found out he lured YWY to that lake using YWY's feelings for her and she got mad and scold him over that and he or some of his troop broke the ice surrounding where YWY and his troop were and they fell into the lake and she jumped in to try to save him.  She tried to hold on to his hand to pull him up but he pushed her up and pried her hand away from his to make sure she survives.  The last thing she remembered about him was his writing on her hand that she has to survive and that's why she chose to keep on living rather than die along with him.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

I think he was injured by an arrow shot by CQ because if she didn't shoot him his sword was about to kill YX.  I don't think she wanted him dead, just to injure him so he can't kill YX.  But YX wanted to kill the injured YWY and she found out he lured YWY to that lake using YWY's feelings for her and she got mad and scold him over that and he or some of his troop broke the ice surrounding where YWY and his troop were and they fell into the lake and she jumped in to try to save him.  She tried to hold on to his hand to pull him up but he pushed her up and pried her hand away from his to make sure she survives.  The last thing she remembered about him was his writing on her hand that she has to survive and that's why she chose to keep on living rather than die along with him.

OMG!!! So YWY injured by XE's arrow!!! I hate her more!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

omaigod if she is the one shoot YWY ... i cant forgive her damn it hahahaa. even if YWY want to kill YX ... he deserves to death more than YWY ... there so many people died because of YX ... if YWY die too of course we wont forgive her ...

He comes to save her then she shoot him ... YWY why u are so pitiful ... :bawling::bawling::cry:

really wanna slap that CQ :angry: no one will forgive her if smthg bad happen to ywy

• Like 2

Ah no in the book  it's indeed XE/CQ who injured YWY before he fell into the ice lake but she didn't do it intentionally and she did not shoot him. I forget how exactly as I read it a long time ago but for sure she never meant to hurt him. In the drama I don't think she will do that either.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, RealityDream said:

Correct, the emperor did sent 200,000 soldiers with Prince Yuan Chi (the prince we  have never seen and poped out of no where) as general and Wei ShuYei as vice general to capture Yan Xun. Normally during the war, they were suppose to meet at the border which is at Meilin Border. However, they didn't. Hong Chuan is the first city after you pass Meilin Border towards YanBei. Yan Xun took a detour to Meilin Border to conquer Chang'An with his black eagle troop he had. He's outnumbered by Wei emperor. 

In the carriage, Zhong Yu tricked Chu Qiao by telling her they're going to Lan City and after Yan Xun finished at Meilin Border, he'll meet with them, but Feng Mien (Yan Xun bodyguard) told her Hong Chuan is in danger and that there are no troops to defend it. Upon hearing this, she found XiuLi Army and both return to Hong Chuan to defend it. 

Both Prince Yuan Chi and Wei ShuYei did not know Yan Xun took the detour to Meilin Border to conquer Chang'An. It was YueWen Yue that discovered that and told the 7th prince about. Remmeber the first few bombs Wei solders threw in? They said 'you have until noon to surrender. Otherwise, we will come in and kill everyone". Chu Qiao defend it, thinking Yan Xun will be back with his army soon after they finish off at Meilin Border. It wasn't until Zhong Yu came to take her away that she found out Yan Xun is no longer at Meilin Border. 

Yan Xun's soldiers are those that are still loyal to Yan Bei. It was XIuLi Army that got tricked by Wei emperor to open the gate to HongChuan. Once HongChuan city is gone, all other cities are gone too. This is why everyone thinks XiuLi Army is a traitor. Yes, they were driven crazy by revenge. They hated how the Wei killed/rape their family members. 

I agree that many innocent people died, but that's just how war is like. There are no winning in a war, only death of the innocences. 

Hopefully these answers your questions. :) 

@RealityDreamThanks for the clear explanation.

Sorry to ask this, but what i don't understand is why everyone seems to blame CQ alone for the war that had happened?

Nevertheless no matter what had already happened, I think the best solution is for CQ regain her memories back, from there on only she can see and think everything clearly who she is and what kind of power she had. Only then she can decide what will be her next best move.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, litia said:

Ah no in the book  it's indeed XE/CQ who injured YWY before he fell into the ice lake but she didn't do it intentionally and she did not shoot him. I forget how exactly as I read it a long time ago but for sure she never meant to hurt him. In the drama I don't think she will do that either.

U understand manderian?  (sorry if spelled that wrong) or if u can send me a link to where i can get the book in english. Thank you