[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

Hi, it's the first time to write something here. I'm normally a silent reader of Soompi forum. I've addicted to PA for a few weeks but have not found any appropriate topic to share my thoughts. English is not my first language, so please excuse my bad writing and grammar faults. I'm a fan of YWY and XingYue cp. Can't wait for tonight's episodes.

• Like 13

bec90309ly1fhmv0zg4kxj21jk2b64qp.jpg

I like how she holds on to her sword so close to her.  I think the director is already trying to show us that CQ sub consciously gave her heart to YWY.  She had three years to choose to another weapon to use, learn different style martial arts. Instead, she held on to the sword and use the Yuwen style martial art... hummmm.  Never really got to see a real battle between YX and YWY, do you think YX martial arts is up to par with YWY?   

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, mimimi26 said:

I like how she holds on to her sword so close to her.  I think the director is already trying to show us that CQ sub consciously gave her heart to YWY.  She had three years to choose to another weapon to use, learn different style martial arts. Instead, she held on to the sword and use the Yuwen style martial art... hummmm.  Never really got to see a real battle between YX and YWY, do you think YX martial arts is up to par with YWY?   

I love those Lovers' Swords....they are beautifully made and it's look so real bcoz I can see it's quite heavy. I love it when she hugs The ChanHong Sword, it seems like it give her a kind of comfort. If she has no feeling for YWY, she won't pick up that sword in her grave and hangs onto it for her dear life especially during that 3 years time she was thinking that he tried to kill her (I think I should stop myself from yapping about the swords in this forum...:mellow:)

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, cenching said:

I love those Lovers' Swords....they are beautifully made and it's look so real bcoz I can see it's quite heavy. I love it when she hugs The ChanHong Sword, it seems like it give her a kind of comfort. If she has no feeling for YWY, she won't pick up that sword in her grave and hangs onto it for her dear life especially during that 3 years time she was thinking that he tried to kill her (I think I should stop myself from yapping about the swords in this forum...:mellow:)

I love those swords too. I like how anyone who has knowledge about swords know its significance like the shop keeper and the Prince General. They look heavy though. When CQ carries hers, it looks heavier than her:D

• Like 6

Just now, Melda Hung said:

Guys watched this ... princess Liang did mention in interview he has relationship with YWY n chu qiao ... i read from utube also they guess it princess Liang might be YWY sister or what ... so curious 

Bad Princess is YWY's penpal....

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cenching said:

Lol i don't see a problem with you mentioning about the sword! LOL it's related to the PA topic lol! Girl you go! You talk about the sword as much as you want! <3

• Like 2

I went back to read more Weibo comments and noticed a couple of comments about how CQ looks more beautiful when she's with YWY... :wub: Plus she seems to take more trouble with her appearance when she's with him. Can't disagree there. :wink: It's clear to me that CQ is different around YWY. I realise that she's largely in survival mode when she's with YX but it does tell me that she feels safe and secure enough with YWY to take the trouble to be a  bit more "feminine" even if it's just for a short time. She seems to sleep better too when he's around. Or is that just my imagination? She fell asleep rather too readily after she picked up the Can Hong sword. :tongue:

Can I be honest and say this? As a slightly older person. Be confident in your television likes and dislikes. Even if you're the only person on the internet who likes a character or pairing, embrace it without reference to anybody or anything. If the CGI parrot in Qing Shan Yuan is your favourite character so be it. Don't look to any or anything else for validation. Who cares if the Chinese audiences like this, that or the other? If you prefer YX over YWY, then embrace that without fear. At the end of day, it's just fiction and we all have our preferences. As long as you're not deliberately obnoxious about it, nobody will care. :wink: 

Despite its flaws, I really like PA a lot. The characters/actors really make it work and I can't believe how much I've embraced the romance. No one is more surprised than me. SO FAR (I'm qualifying it) it's my favourite C drama since When a Snail Falls in Love. Snail was my favourite after Nirvana in Fire. So yeah... I'm very picky about what I really like. The popularity of this show doesn't even feature in my thinking whatsoever. 

@cenching Don't stop talking about the swords. They're such an important part of the romance. It's CQ's lifeline to YWY... her unconscious expression of how much she cares about him. Other people have necklaces and rings... these two have swords.

• Like 18

33 minutes ago, mimimi26 said:

Love the photo. Thank you for sharing.

Honestly, I would agree with you that she does have feelings for YWY without realizing it, yet. She was away for 3 years and she picked up the sword from the grave when he thought she was dead. She had the sword for three years and didn't change anything and still uses the same tactic/kungfu he taught her. She doesn't realize her feelings, yet.

Also anyone figured out why or how YWY's bell disappear from his sword? Will he ever give her the hairpin that he fix?

• Like 7

Just had a quick run through a couple of pages. Majority here are shipping for YWY and CQ 

I'm actually would prefer CQ end-up with Yan Xuan although I knew already that will never happen.

I probably one of those women who just like a man with character.  Yan Xuan has caught my eyes from the beginning of the episode even after he has turned to a bad guy. I think CQ fit with Yan Xuan better in many ways. Yan Xuan would still be a guy who would do anything to protect his women and not like what has written in the synopsis where it says he would just take advantage of her good side. He is also a man that once was never even bother to interfere anyone business and turned bad due to unavoidable circumstances. Who would not turn bad when after seeing their family got killed right in front of their eye.  

This would probably one of those chinese dramas that where the scene between both leads are not convincing enough to embrace the romance or rather little scene between both that could lead to romance. It is more illusion from the views that hoping that they would be together happily ever after at the end. To many issues between them and too little episode left to tell all. We would end-up with just last 2 episode or probably last 30 min by script writer to get the real good feeling, waste. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Love the photo. Thank you for sharing.

Honestly, I would agree with you that she does have feelings for YWY without realizing it, yet. She was away for 3 years and she picked up the sword from the grave when he thought she was dead. She had the sword for three years and didn't change anything and still uses the same tactic/kungfu he taught her. She doesn't realize her feelings, yet.

Also anyone figured out why or how YWY's bell disappear from his sword? Will he ever give her the hairpin that he fix?

The bells miraculously attached itself back in YWY's sword in the latest episode during slave-buying scene......:blink:

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I went back to read more Weibo comments and noticed a couple of comments about how CQ looks more beautiful when she's with YWY... :wub: Plus she seems to take more trouble with her appearance when she's with him. Can't disagree there. :wink: It's clear to me that CQ is different around YWY. I realise that she's largely in survival mode when she's with YX but it does tell me that she feels safe and secure enough with YWY to take the trouble to be a  bit more "feminine" even if it's just for a short time. She seems to sleep better too when he's around. Or is that just my imagination? She fell asleep rather too readily after she picked up the Can Hong sword. :tongue:

Can I be honest and say this? As a slightly older person. Be confident in your television likes and dislikes. Even if you're the only person on the internet who likes a character or pairing, embrace it without reference to anybody or anything. If the CGI parrot in Qing Shan Yuan is your favourite character so be it. Don't look to any or anything else for validation. Who cares if the Chinese audiences like this, that or the other? If you prefer YX over YWY, then embrace that without fear. At the end of day, it's just fiction and we all have our preferences. As long as you're not deliberately obnoxious about it, nobody will care. :wink: 

Despite its flaws, I really like PA a lot. The characters/actors really make it work and I can't believe how much I've embraced the romance. No one is more surprised than me. SO FAR (I'm qualifying it) it's my favourite C drama since When a Snail Falls in Love. Snail was my favourite after Nirvana in Fire. So yeah... I'm very picky about what I really like. The popularity of this show doesn't even feature in my thinking whatsoever. 

yeah so agree ... 

CQ become more girly when with YWY ... i suppose he cant let her go seeing her so beautiful lol ...yeah we also dont let her go back to yanbei ... in YX place she is like soldiers who fighting nonstop for him ... meanwhile he is sitting there like a big boss ... i mean what kind of man he is that let a woman go fighting alone .... but in YWY side she is so protected n safe by him ... yeah agree with @40somethingahjumma she sleeps so soundly now ... good for her but so pity of YWY seeing him no words when they are eating breads ... his heart must be crying out loud that he knows he cant keep her :(

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Nisda said:

Just had a quick run through a couple of pages. Majority here are shipping for YWY and CQ 

I'm actually would prefer CQ end-up with Yan Xuan although I knew already that will never happen.

I probably one of those women who just like a man with character.  Yan Xuan has caught my eyes from the beginning of the episode even after he has turned to a bad guy. I think CQ fit with Yan Xuan better in many ways. Yan Xuan would still be a guy who would do anything to protect his women and not like what has written in the synopsis where it says he would just take advantage of her good side. He is also a man that once was never even bother to interfere anyone business and turned bad due to unavoidable circumstances. Who would not turn bad when after seeing their family got killed right in front of their eye.  

This would probably one of those chinese dramas that where the scene between both leads are not convincing enough to embrace the romance or rather little scene between both that could lead to romance. It is more illusion from the views that hopping that they would be together happily ever after at the end. To many issues between them and too little episode left to tell all. We would end-up with just last 2 episode or probably last 30 min by script writer to get the real good feeling, waste. 

I pitied YanXun the most out of the 3 protagonist.

YanXun , was a perfect example of how parents and environment played vital roles in developing a child character. He got the worst deal in terms of childhood upbringing and parental guidance compare to the other 2 protagonists.When he was put in Chang an ,he was maybe 8-9 years old.ChuQiao had a loving adopted family while YueWenYueh had a father figure in grandfather. YanXun had nobody, only servants and a young bodyguard, not even a father figure of an elderly butler.

What crime did he committed to be put in Chang an/detention camp? Nothing. He just wanted to protect his loving family when his father was ordered by the Emperor to sent a son there. What did he get from his years of sacrificing of puberty and adolescence years spent in Chang an/detention? Nothing. His family were killed anyway

How was his time in Chang an/prison? He suffered a lonely childhood and had to put on a
sunny happy go lucky facade as he have to endure not being recognized as a Wei boy but a foreigner, a Yanbei boy.Friends? Yue WenYueh was a cold friend and always busy, he have to go visit him to maintain their friendship- felt like he was tolerated only. ChuEr and YongSung are children of his jailer, the Emperor, he always have to please them and mindful of his words. Chang an was also not a good environment to grow up and depicted clearly that the world was not fair as class discrimination existed between noble class and slaves which were treated like objects to do what they pleased. He as a foreigner and a hostage was only tolerated slightly better if he did not made waves.

Did he learned any good values while at Chang an/detention? Good values like obedience,
compassion, loyalty and fairness were killed off when his family were killed. His heartrending cry at the execution ground was that of a bewildered boy - good principles like obedience and loyalty which
his family lived on,could not prevent them from being killed .That powerful,momentous scene brought tears to my eyes, the day it dawned on him that he wasted his youth for nothing, suffered in Chan gan for nothing, he wouldn't protect his family; good values died, turned him from a being a good boy to bad boy. Life in Chang an was then became a prison, a hell which the Emperor will find any excuse to end his life.

The symbolic flashbacks of his family members' heads in boxes as his carriage passed through the execution ground, and his mother committing suicide whose dying breath told him that there were no fairness in the world and to survive- the survival of the fittest,the weak will be killed, hardened his hatred and revenge.

The power the Emperor wielded over everybody, was fear .Even YWY ,fearful for his family
and clan withhold vital information from him- the Emperor ordered YueWenYueh to manufacture evidence that the Duke was rebelling. YanXun was the good boy turned bad boy from prison.He is going to the one wielding the weapon of fear not the other way- the dark Prince from hell/Chang an .

• Like 1

ZLY has 4 collaborations with LGX so far.  First is PA, 2nd is Swordsman Mobile Game, 3rd is Cosmobride and finally is a short movie or video more for the characters of the drama PA.  That's an almost 3 or 4 collaborations. Has she done so many with her other co-stars?  Just curious. With PA almost coming to an end i wonder if these two will team up for another project soon.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Nisda said:

This would probably one of those chinese dramas that where the scene between both leads are not convincing enough to embrace the romance or rather little scene between both that could lead to romance. It is more illusion from the views that hopping that they would be together happily ever after at the end. To many issues between them and too little episode left to tell all. We would end-up with just last 2 episode or probably last 30 min by script writer to get the real good feeling, waste. 

I like YX character actually, I only like YWY bit more. When I started watching PA without boarding any ship, the drama was pushing YWY-XE down my throat but I am still not convinced bcoz according to the book (from some members here) XE will love YX first. So I keep on waiting and waiting for the drama to create a plot to squeeze YX between YWY-XE. But nothing happened until I gave up on YX-XE ship.

Even until he turned dark, I still like him bcoz he never made excuses for any atrocities that he did. He didn't whitewash his actions. He looks majestic and regal on horse with red cape armor. My only problem with him he is bloodthirsty but still I can understand even though I disagree. He wasted a lot of innocent blood without hitting the target at all. Emperor Eyeliner still safe and sound enjoying his harem. But I applauded him in how the way he handled YS-CE's situation. My major disappointed in him when he chose to work with DaLiang people whose got a very big share in the death of his family than accepting YWY's offer even though he knew YWY did help him and didn't play any hand in his family tragedy.

This drama has a lot of potholes, loose threads etc etc. But for me, YWY and CE characters were quite well written it's a shame they neglected YX character. YX character felt "rush". 

Most people will think that I thought YWY is a perfect character....nope, I can see his flaws just like I can see YX's qualities but I do think YWY is a perfect lover.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, soorene said:

Thank you Soorene.

I guess we all here just discussing of the romance that probably would happen in the last episode between YWY and CQ but none here even touch the the trauma that Yan Xuan has to go through and simple conclude him as a bad guy. 

8 minutes ago, Nisda said:

Thank you Soorene.

I guess we all here just discussing of the romance that probably would happen in the last episode between YWY and CQ but none here even touch the the trauma that Yan Xuan has to go through and simple conclude him as a bad guy. 

I actually like darker YX.  I not sure if Shawn over did the Sunny boy character... then again his character was acting like it was all good lol, I actually like his mellow acting better.  His subtle smile is really cute.  One of my fav parts was when he got jealous of YS dress and spilled water on it.  And when CQ choose his dress and his happiness emerge again, but i like the subtleness.  I like the voice actor that does his voice too.  I always like to watch the origin of how one turns evil. I hope he turns out to be a good villian.  I also think the Laing princess is beautiful too lol, in the novel, it said that she married YX, wooo I wonder if they will have an interesting love story???

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, cenching said:

The bells miraculously attached itself back in YWY's sword in the latest episode during slave-buying scene......:blink:

Ohh.. :blink:

I went back and rewatch it and realize it was there, too. Huh.. weird.. :blink:

27 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

ZLY has 4 collaborations with LGX so far.  First is PA, 2nd is Swordsman Mobile Game, 3rd is Cosmobride and finally is a short movie or video more for the characters of the drama PA.  That's an almost 3 or 4 collaborations. Has she done so many with her other co-stars?  Just curious. With PA almost coming to an end i wonder if these two will team up for another project soon.

There was a swordsman mobile game? Is it the same with the short movie where she was wearing pink and he time travel back or something?