[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

The beauty of Chinese language, the same pronunciations, similar character (月) but totally different meaning....what kind of mystical pearl? I cant find any reference in English....I am pure blooded Chinese but doesn't read Mandarin....what a shame!!!

24 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

YES! It was just like HuaQianGu! When I saw her hairpin bell and how she became his maid, I was like this is very similar to HuaQianGu. She also received a bell and became the master's student. It makes sense why they would pick Zanilia to play the girl, again. Lol! :lol:

Agreed. It's really remind me of bzh n hua qian gu.

But, in this series, Liying not a little naive girl.

Xing Er was cunning, strong, intelligent and most important...not easy to get bullied. 

She can kick as*

Love her character so much ♡♡♡♡♡

• Like 3

Did YY realize that he is falling in love but choose to deny his feelings?I think Xing ee has special feelings for him or rather complicated while with YX i don't see romance but rather building friendship / trust with each other. 

YY always do things behind the scene when helping xing er while YX do it openly. I guess people rather believe their eyes rather than thinking more/widely.

Will YY meet with Xing er again when she's helping YX get his revenge.It been said in the summary that YX always doubt Xing er when she is helping him in his rebellion,i guess it is because YY maybe continue protecting/helping her though they are on the opposite loyalty. I guess YY patience and his silent love will paid off towards the end, but I hope to see Xing er also develop feelings/missing for him despite the circumstances.I'm waiting for YY declare his love for Xing er openly later on.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, farhah_1986 said:

Did YY realize that he is falling in love but choose to deny his feelings?I think Xing ee has special feelings for him or rather complicated while with YX i don't see romance but rather building friendship / trust with each other. 

YY always do things behind the scene when helping xing er while YX do it openly. I guess people rather believe their eyes rather than thinking more/widely.

Will YY meet with Xing er again when she's helping YX get his revenge.It been said in the summary that YX always doubt Xing er when she is helping him in his rebellion,i guess it is because YY maybe continue protecting/helping her though they are on the opposite loyalty. I guess YY patience and his silent love will paid off towards the end, but I hope to see Xing er also develop feelings/missing for him despite the circumstances.I'm waiting for YY declare his love for Xing er openly later on.

I mentioned the same thing in another blog, YWY is also a "slave" he is bound to his duty and his life was planned out for him. (related to Eye of God). He did mentioned to YX that he has no choices in his life and choices in women either. He was lamented about it the someone in JiangHu about his yearning of freedom(the scene with the wooden bird). The reason he falls hard to XE most probably bcoz she can do what he can't which is fight back toward slavery(XE was the lowest class slave).

So he is lying so hard to himself at the moment that he is only want to use her, no feeling involve. I have a feeling that the drama want us to believe that he try to seduce XE so he can have her loyalty so she can be use as a top spy(need more episodes to prove my theory).

I have so much time in my hands to think about those twists and turns in the drama.....:dizzy:

• Like 4

YWY and Xing Er are just a feast for the eyes. :blush: so beautiful and enigmatic ....

It's pretty clear that Xing Er caught YWY's eye from the beginning, not in a romantic sense but rather her uncanny agility during a human-hunting episode. He has been gradually attracted to her while spending more time together and taking a closer look at her (as I expected). The way the drama portrays Xing Er as a special, super intelligent, mysterious yet very beautiful woman, who wouldn't fall in love with her but all these divine qualities are tarnished by just one thing; her slave class, and it's supposed to be one of the main themes in the drama.

As almost Chinese ancient/fantasy dramas, every character is struggling for something, no matter how high or low class they are, rich or poor, gods or men. Some for power, some for survival, some for revenge, and some for love. I think the drama might run its big screen portion through the battle of city states, the assassination and evil tricks employed to get the win so I expected lesser romantic scenes from main leads (I hope I was wrong in this point lol.). I read the drama synopsis somewhere that Xing Er will leave YWY and join force with YX and finally fall in love with him. However, I think she was attracted to YWY much earlier than expected, she just didn't know herself since her heart was so clouded by hate and revenge on YWY. I remember the scene when Xing Er knelt down asking for a chance to attend the maid-chamber contest, when YWY walked out to talk to her and this should be the first time that Xing Er saw YWY at such a close range, I can see that she was amazed by his appearance, her wide eyes were helplessly fixed at him momentarily, then a few seconds she just looked down to avoid his gaze. (lol maybe it's my own imagination) so up until episodes 8, I really think that she already feels something for YWY, she just needs a kind of temporary separation to knock her in some sense that how he had sacrificed for her and how she misses him so much hahaha.

I'm looking forward to seeing Xing Er smile lovingly to YWY when she finally knows her heart. Now all I see is her serious expression and scowl on her face .....

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, cenching said:

The beauty of Chinese language, the same pronunciations, similar character (月) but totally different meaning....what kind of mystical pearl? I cant find any reference in English....I am pure blooded Chinese but doesn't read Mandarin....what a shame!!!

It's mentioned somewhere in the novel that 玥 refers to the legend of when the mythical emperor Shao Hao was born a Phoenix dropped a walnut in his hand. The walnut cracks open to reveal a pearl that shines like the light of the Evening Star (Venus)which is seen a good omen, so it represents Heaven's favour towards an emperor.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

He takes her out to the lantern festival held in honour of the emperor's birthday and buys her a rabbit lantern because it looks like her. When his back is turned, she sticks the rabbits toungue and her own toungue out at him.

I laughed at that scene. It was so funny. I don't know what they were saying before but YY seemed so grumpy. 

28 minutes ago, pimsucre said:

YWY and Xing Er are just a feast for the eyes. :blush: so beautiful and enigmatic ....

It's pretty clear that Xing Er caught YWY's eye from the beginning, not in a romantic sense but rather her uncanny agility during a human-hunting episode. He has been gradually attracted to her while spending more time together and taking a closer look at her (as I expected). The way the drama portrays Xing Er as a special, super intelligent, mysterious yet very beautiful woman, who wouldn't fall in love with her but all these divine qualities are tarnished by just one thing; her slave class, and it's supposed to be one of the main themes in the drama.

As almost Chinese ancient/fantasy dramas, every character is struggling for something, no matter how high or low class they are, rich or poor, gods or men. Some for power, some for survival, some for revenge, and some for love. I think the drama might run its big screen portion through the battle of city states, the assassination and evil tricks employed to get the win so I expected lesser romantic scenes from main leads (I hope I was wrong in this point lol.). I read the drama synopsis somewhere that Xing Er will leave YWY and join force with YX and finally fall in love with him. However, I think she was attracted to YWY much earlier than expected, she just didn't know herself since her heart was so clouded by hate and revenge on YWY. I remember the scene when Xing Er knelt down asking for a chance to attend the maid-chamber contest, when YWY walked out to talk to her and this should be the first time that Xing Er saw YWY at such a close range, I can see that she was amazed by his appearance, her wide eyes were helplessly fixed at him momentarily, then a few seconds she just looked down to avoid his gaze. (lol maybe it's my own imagination) so up until episodes 8, I really think that she already feels something for YWY, she just needs a kind of temporary separation to knock her in some sense that how he had sacrificed for her and how she misses him so much hahaha.

I'm looking forward to seeing Xing Er smile lovingly to YWY when she finally knows her heart. Now all I see is her serious expression and scowl on her face .....

I am completely agreed with your comment about XE's feeling toward YWY. :glasses: Finally someone can put it in writing better than me :wub:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, pimsucre said:

That would be so so far away in the future eps

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pimsucre said:

Cannot agree more!  :D

XE is starting to doubt herself about the revenge thing as YWY did tell her that what you see may not be what it is and she recollect how YWY cut her arm to punish her but actually to kill the spider and let the poison out.  She's getting more brave infront of him and becoming a little bit playful with him (see this more on ep 9). Just love to see them together and if you know Chinese, you will like all the phrase YWY use on her to "belittle" her .... YWY cold on the outside and warm in the inside!  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, pawla said:

I laughed at that scene. It was so funny. I don't know what they were saying before but YY seemed so grumpy. 

Yuwen Yue had serious concerns regarding the fate of the nation since there's a bad omen in the sky signalling some kind of unrest. He tells her that not all unrest comes from outside but also within the kingdom (the paranoid emperor and secret spy organisations). Plus he's highly suspicious that Xing Er will attempt to escape because he knew she was using his seal to forge letters for her sisters and wanted her own horse to ride. After he buys her the rabbit lantern she said it's so cute, but he replies that she's clearly inexperienced in life. Xing Er asks if he doesn't consider the rabbit cute, then why did he buy it? He awkwardly replies that it looks like her, then orders her take the horses somewhere. 

• Like 3

On 6/12/2017 at 4:11 PM, monchoo said:

LOve this part when reading the novel! Luckily they didn't change the storyline about this! This is one part where Yuwen saw Xing er smiling like a child for the first time. He bought her the rabbit lantern becos he thought she looks like one! And towards the end of the story, she remembered this scene and was sad about it T-T

It looks like everyone had read the novel, I'm assuming they were in Chinese? I had to read it from a site that was posted up in English. It's really disappointing that it only stopped in the early parts of the story...

20 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

Yuwen Yue was has serious concerns regarding the fate of the nation since there's a bad omen in the sky signalling some kind of unrest. He tells her that not all unrest comes from outside but also within the kingdom (the paranoid emperor and secret spy organisations). Plus he's highly suspicious that Xing Er will attempt to escape because he knew she was using his seal to forge letters for her sisters and wanted her own horse to ride. After he buys her the rabbit lantern she said it's so cute, but he replies that she's clearly inexperienced in life. Xing Er asks if he doesn't consider the rabbit cute, then why did he buy it? He awkwardly replies that it looks like her, then orders her take the horses somewhere. 

Thanks for the explanation. I only understand the part where she said the rabbit lantern was cute and asked him why he bought it. 

4 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Found another OST called 星月 which means "Star and Moon" although the word 玥 in Yuwen Yue's name doesn't actually mean moon, but refers to the right eye of Pan Gu which becomes the moon or a mystical pearl seen as a mark of heavens favor..

thanks for sharing, this is the OTP song that they promised this weekend 

3 hours ago, cenching said:

I mentioned the same thing in another blog, YWY is also a "slave" he is bound to his duty and his life was planned out for him. (related to Eye of God). He did mentioned to YX that he has no choices in his life and choices in women either. He was lamented about it the someone in JiangHu about his yearning of freedom(the scene with the wooden bird). The reason he falls hard to XE most probably bcoz she can do what he can't which is fight back toward slavery(XE was the lowest class slave).

So he is lying so hard to himself at the moment that he is only want to use her, no feeling involve. I have a feeling that the drama want us to believe that he try to seduce XE so he can have her loyalty so she can be use as a top spy(need more episodes to prove my theory).

I have so much time in my hands to think about those twists and turns in the drama.....:dizzy:

I agree so much with your analysis of Yuwen Yue. He really feels trapped in his life, he has no control over anything. I think that is why he is more attracted to XingEr who remains very much true to herself and wants to change her destiny. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cheryl Lancelot said:

Gif for tonight's episodes 

6d40f7f4ly1fgjnkazxx3g20b406eb2d.gif

YanXue, nie bu yau nie te sou ma? Can't imagine YWY's face if he see this....:grin:

5 minutes ago, rocs25 said:

Chu Qiao and Yan Xun will not be together?????

i mean i like mooooore this couple ..

At the end NO, in the middle YES...:P

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

This news agency on weibo translating ifans youtube comments asking for subs :lol:

71482140ly1fgjmwtepwuj20hs06ht94.jpg

71482140ly1fgjmwuopm1j20fq09iadt.jpg

We are honestly so lucky that they are subbing the drama on their own. Otherwise, we would have never gotten subs. 

Agree :) I think originally Chinese drama meant to feed its domestic audience (which is VERY huge) and those countries whose language are also Chinese and this should be enough for their business financially viable so non-Chinese speaking viewers haven't been paid much attention which is understandable. Thanks to the internet and other online channels and most importantly some devoted fans that make subbing possible and much quicker than before or else we would have left frustrated and give up watching in the end.

Now I'm patiently waiting for subbed episodes 9-10 -_-

• Like 5