[Drama 2016] Sweet Stranger and Me (Man Living at My House) 우리집에 사는 남자

Go Seung Ji

@yoojinwoo said:

I don't quite understand those comments about Kim Young Kwang's acting, I watched D-Day b/c I thought it looked good and was really impressed with his acting (I'd never seen him act before...)

@yoojinwoo,  I tend to agree with Knetizens. I will not comment on his acting. But D-Day was a mega production in which he had his first leading role, and that drama essentially flopped. It never surpassed 2% ratings, and averaged 1.17%-1.3% (AGB and TNMS respectively).

And I do agree with Knetizens that an A Lister leading Lady  such as Soo Ae - who already had leading men such as Kim Rae-Won (A Thousand Days Promise), Kwon Sang-Woo (Queen of Ambition),  Ju Ji-Hoon (Mask), in drama examples; And Ha Jung-Woo (Breakfast at Tiffany), Jo Sang-Woo (A Sword with No Name), Lee Byung-Hun (Once in a Summer), just to name a few films -  deserves the same level of experience and excellence in her leading men (as she previously got), and not a newbie that this is his second leading role. (or 3rd, if you count the web drama). It just does not make sense to me....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tuning in to say that I will surely be watching this, intrigued by Soo Ae and the plot. It doesn't sound like your everyday kind of plot for a rom-com and I am already curious to find out that the heck is going on lol. Even though I'm also one of those sceptic to Kim Young Kwang's abilities, I hope to have a change of heart after watching this (and I believe I can). And I just realised now that there is an 8 year old age gap between SA and KYK, with KYK being the younger one! You don't see that everyday in dramas, and that made me look forward to it even more. 

@eternaltorture Now that I think about it Byun Yo Han would have nailed this role! Yoon Shi Yoon would also be a fantastic candidate, he's so good at playing both serious and child-like :D 

2 hours ago, juliacaesar said:

And I just realised now that there is an 8 year old age gap between SA and KYK, with KYK being the younger one! You don't see that everyday in dramas, and that made me look forward to it even more. 

@eternaltorture Now that I think about it Byun Yo Han would have nailed this role! Yoon Shi Yoon would also be a fantastic candidate, he's so good at playing both serious and child-like :D 

@juliacaesar, yes, the man living in the house is supposed to be considerably younger. They first made the offer to Yoo Seung-Ho, and he declined.
How they made the leap from Yoo Seung-Ho to KYK, is beyond my understanding.

I agree with you and @eternaltorture, that Byun Yo-Han would have been great in it. I'll add Yeo Jin-Goo, Park Bo-Gum, Baro, Kim Jae-Wook, and Lee Won-Geun  just to name a few others who have proven themselves with great acting, and also have much more following than KYK.   I also feel that either of the 2nd lead guys - Lee Soo-Hyuk and Kim Ji-Hoon would have been far better as leads here - they have both proven themselves again and again, ad they too - have lots of following.

On 26/09/2016 at 6:51 PM, juliacaesar said:

Wow you guys are so true!! I never thought of byun yo han before but once you guys mentioned it, i start to screamed 'painly' lol. Why not they cast byun yo han instead???? Actually i never watch KYK's acting before so i got a little shock to see so many people against his casting. But set aside that one, they should cast more reputable actor in my opinion. Why kdrama production always suck to pair up male and female lead? Actually when i first heard soo ae accept this drama im really excited and cant wait to watch it. Then i heard yoo seung ho is offered as male lead. Wow double the joy! But then i heard the offer goes from yoo seung ho to yoon shi yoon (so sadT_T) and i remember at that time i really hope yoon shi yoon reject it. And then i heard KYK is the latest casting. I dont know him well so i just grateful that YSY drop this drama. But after reading all of you guys comment, i start to regret hoping that YSY would drop this. P/s: i dont have any hate towards YSY lol. Dont get me wrong. Maybe because i just found he is so nice/softspoken that i cant picture him as ex loan shark and former gangster. I prefer they cast a young actor that have a cool charisma in a real life.

14 hours ago, necychessie said:

Maybe because i just found he is so nice/softspoken that i cant pictured him as ex loan shark and former gangster. I prefer they cast a young actor that have a cool charisma in a real life.

@necychessie hi..   waving smiley and welcome to the thread.  :)
Sort of hard for me too, to imagine YSY as a former gangster and loan shark, to be honest. B)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actress Jeon Se-Hyun joins the cast.

2016100101000017700165731.jpg

Source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First stills of Soo Ae

564734_367601_2324.jpg

source

Filming time!

0000000000000000.png?w=660

00000000000000000.png?w=990

000000000000000000.png?w=990

I like the way he looks for this role, very suave ; )

and @irilight yeah I know D-Day didn't have good ratings, but I also know ratings don't have much to do with acting abilities or even good storyline. I've seen a LOT of dramas with over 30% ratings that are terrible, with terrible actors who then become Hallyu stars! Whereas there are plenty of amazing dramas and actors that get low ratings and few roles despite being good, so ratings mean nothing to me w/r/t quality

But anyway, let's move on. Filming has begun so casting won't be changed, no point in discussing who we'd have preferred for the roles, or complaining about certain people and whatnot, or we might scare off the Kim Young Kwang fans and we don't want that! We want them here, the more people, the more lively the thread, and the more lively the thread the better (I'm here as a SooHyuk fan ;) )

Who here has read the webcomic btw? And is it good? I hear those based on webcomics tend to be really popular, like Cheese in the Trap, (I haven't seen it so idk if it was good). I'm only hoping for good ratings so our SooHyukSoo can FINALLY get a lead role

19 hours ago, yoojinwoo said:

But anyway, let's move on. Filming has begun so casting won't be changed, no point in discussing who we'd have preferred for the roles, or complaining about certain people and whatnot, or we might scare off the Kim Young Kwang fans and we don't want that! We want them here, the more people, the more lively the thread, and the more lively the thread the better (I'm here as a SooHyuk fan ;) )

Who here has read the webcomic btw? And is it good? I hear those based on webcomics tend to be really popular, like Cheese in the Trap, (I haven't seen it so idk if it was good). I'm only hoping for good ratings so our SooHyukSoo can FINALLY get a lead role

@yoojinwoo, I totally agree with you.  And I have not read the webcomic. Is it available in English? There are actually quite a few Kdrama based on webcomic that are very successful. Also currently airing Moonlight Drawn by Clouds comes to mind.

The Man Living in Our House’s farmer stepdad and tipsy heroine

ManInHouse2.jpg

Read more on Dramabeans

@irilight  I can't seem to find the webcomic unfortunately  - _ - I kinda want to read it

and omo Soo Ae looks SO young in those stills ! : O It's hard to believe she's like 37

I also completely forgot that Kim Young Kwang's character is supposed to be a farmer, all I could remember about him was 'former gangster' so I saw the stills and was like "lol he looks like a farmer in that outfit....wait a sec o_O"

but then again what's all this about being a police officer ?

or did I misread somewhere about his character o_O or maybe this isn't for filming but then idk what he's doing o_O lolll idk idk

EDIT: OK so the name on the poster thing is different so I think he must also be filming for something else like a movie

but filming a movie and a drama at the same time, especially as the lead....o_O how will you manage

unless it's just a cameo idk whatever so OK he's not a police officer in the drama, just a farmer and former gangster ^ o ^

and ANOTHER edit: It's a movie called 'Wonderful Life'. I have no idea if filming is completed already and photos are only just coming out now, or if if he's gonna try and film both at the same time, which I've seen some actors do and they always say it's super difficult to transition from one role to the next so quickly o_O

It's a shame that KBS aren't promoting this drama that much, when there's not much time left until it airs! Reminds me of another certain KBS drama from this year that didn't get much exposure either... But what we can do to show our anticipation and appreciation is to like or/and comment whenever they upload new posts on this drama! Hopefully that can help them see our love.

Lol i currently watch jealousy incarnate and gong hyo jin's name in there is pyo na ri and here we got hong na ri:) its great that i get to hear Na ri again after jealousy incarnate end:)  cant wait to see this drama!! And i agree with you guys, this drama lack of promotion and eventhough it will airs in less than a month, there is not even a single article about it on soompi or allkpop (i dont get a clue about any korean article- maybe they have posted some there).

p/s: wow. Lee soo hyuk looks so cool in that bts still! I afraid i will have a second lead syndrome once again. Please dont!!

2 hours ago, necychessie said:

p/s: wow. Lee soo hyuk looks so cool in that bts still! I afraid i will have a second lead syndrome once again

@necychessie, me too.. no doubt.. :)

It seems to me that none of the channels promote their drama much until it is almost air time. I do not know why.

And Soo Ae looks so beautiful and elegant as a flight attendant.

Thank you for the updates, @Go Seung Ji, @yoojinwoo, @juliacaesar

@jongski, so glad you are joining us, chingu. :)

Jo Boa in flight attendant uniform

80626808.2.jpg

source

Archived