[Drama 2016] Sweet Stranger and Me (Man Living at My House) 우리집에 사는 남자

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 4 scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXTirBp0HE0

I really loved this scene!! NG is so protective for Na Ri that he broke their "hug" and pushed her away from him  when he felt the car coming their way so she won't be harmed!! I really love this man!! :wub: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03AywCHfxkI

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh who told you to leave the door's lock in there Na Ri-ahh!! :lol: 

but in a serious note, that little girl isstarting to creep me out!! how can she enter their house and his room and why?!! what does she want?!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAbzmmbDTaU

looks like you need to take safety measures around the house for the intruders is all I'm saying!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZPLPQz3WtE

what is he hiding?!! what is it that he doesn't want her to find/know?!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kauMVEUONg

my comment: "who cares about you?!!...whatever!!" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRYp1HjC_Y

I love how he's gaining her trust little by little!! though he ruined it when he brought up her hoobae!! :lol: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIgz6lZegb8

I don't know what he's afraid that she'll find out but I love his encouragmnt/"fighting" for her!! that was so sweet!! :wub: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlbpEslDipo

that was funny!! the doctor was asking him if his interested in a man and Deok Bong reeplyed that he is and that hee want to know everything about him but he have a daughter but everything he's saying is 360° different from what the doctor is thinking about hearing his words!! :lol: if he just knew that the daughter is older than her father!! that will get even worst!! :lol: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL65pG2YJjk

I don't know much what they were talking about other than it's something Nan Gil can for his best interest sell the lend to Deok Bong and run away before telling Na Ri about it but I loved how Nan Gil shocked Deok Bong asking him if Na Ri knew not of what he was hiding but of Deok Bong going after his past I think!! I love how he keept shoking him teelling him that he won't buy and hee's not going anywhere and he can think of it as his act of a father and saying something about being a family, I can feel it and I'm loving the feeeling though I can't really tell what he was saying and I know I'll love it more when I'll have subs!! :wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qsoSdX6cuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYwJLsQmnRc

I LOVED how she followed Nan Gil's words and did what he asked her to (not to sign and just wait for him) :D:wub: and LOVED the look in her eyes when he came in and when he held her hand to leave that place!! he won her trust for sure!! YAHHH!! I also loved how she thought they were talking about Nan Gil when they said something about her father only to realise that they were talking about her real father!! she really gave him that title didn't she!! I know it's crazy but I'm happy for that!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI84rRbmWGs

bad news, looks like Nan Gil is really sick not only have a panick attack!! :( please don't do that, I don't want that!! I really love him and I don't want him to die after helping her and protecting her!! that's not what I want!! :(

and could it be that he became her stepfather to keep her away from these gangsters?!! as he told her he's now her father so she have nothing to do with these people!! :o really, what is this?!! her uncle and now father left her nothing but troubles likely!! 

now going to look for the episode raw!! :D 

OMG this show is hella fun! So many new things revealed in each episode and I love it! Keeps me on my toes and eager for the next episode :) 

Don't really want the romance front just yet cause I'm loving their relationship now....

Also, I'm pretty sure NG has liked/loved NR from before! So sure! Especially during the scene where their faces were kinda close and NR fell backwards because she was flustered and left and NG let out a small smile after....cute! Not normal for "stepfathers"!

This drama does like to have its mysteries and twists.

- NG and NR do seem to have known each other in the past. The uncle asked whether NR remembered NG. The Head Rep for Dada Finance tells NG that NR is NG's weakness. NG looks at NR with those eyes. Why can't NR remember NG?

- NG's past. The Head Rep who NG calls to tell him to lay off NR also tells NG not to call him Representative any more since he was once his father. However, according to DB, who did a background check on NG, NG lived at Hope Orphanage as a child. 

- DB's secretary seems to have some secrets as well. When DB asks her about the Hope Orphanage, she tries to sidestep the questions, then escapes as soon as she can. I'm wondering if she is perhaps NG's mother, so perhaps a birth secret?

- NG and NR's mother's marriage - were they married or not? Regardless of whether they did or didn't, it was clearly planned to protect NR from the debt collectors. NR's birth father seems to have borrowed a lot of money from these guys, over 1 billon won ($1 million), using NR's mother's land as collateral, that the debt collectors claim NR has inherited since her mother passed away.

- NG's health

- What is up with DB's sister aka creepy stalker girl? Initially, I thought the crush she has on NG was kind of cute, but now, it's just creepy and sad. It's so clear that the girl relishes the concern that NG feels for her and his awareness of her situation, i.e. getting her bike stolen, being bullied, having to walk to and from school rather than being able to ride the bus. And, it's sweet that NG helped get her bike back, but the full blown stalker mode is scary.  I wonder how much worse they'll make her before pulling her back and maybe giving her a healthier family relationship, hopefully with her brother maybe since their parents are not in the picture?

It was so cute that NG sent texts with directions to NR when she was at the finance office, which she followed, for the most part. Though, NR did find out about her real father's debts. It was sweet when NG told NR that he was her father now, so she didn't have to worry about them. I really liked that NR was smart enough to ask NG whether all of it had been a plan to protect them from the debt collectors all along. While NG fainted before NR could get him to answer her, it's in her mind now that she knows about the debts that her real father had incurred. 

Still, not sure of the direction that this drama is taking the romance in the sense that if NG and NR's mother were married, not sure what they would have to do legally in order for NR and NG to be able to be together instead. I do think NR and NG are cute when they are together. I also think it's funny that NR is such an irritable person. 

I'm not sure that I'm engrossed in this drama, but I am intrigued enough to keep tuning in for future episodes. 

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

bad news, looks like Nan Gil is really sick not only have a panick attack!! :( please don't do that, I don't want that!! I really love him and I don't want him to die after helping her and protecting her!! that's not what I want!! :(

Its so heartbreaking to see that he is so sick T_T i cant get any idea about the ending at all after this:( i thought this drama is a comedy drama so never even imagine that he is actually sick and all...hmm..

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Translation of episode 5 preview.

NG: She really doesn’t remember anything at all.

NG voiceover: I promised to protect Hong Na Ri. Together that promise… 

NG: Let’s go.

NG voiceover: … and my long lasting love as well…

Wow. Confusing preview. NG seems to be giving NR away in marriage as her "father", but to whom? Also, NG may have loved NR for a long time based on that voiceover, loved her enough to promise to protect her, but now that duty is over as is the love he can feel for her since she's marrying someone else? I hope that this is a mis-lead of some kind. 

Thanks a lot @stroppyse for your translations everyday :)

Really, what happened? In the preview in NG's memories they are marrying? What must NR remember? Maybe she is married with NG and she didn't remember at all because she had an accident too and lost her memories? It looks like NG's pictures are of mother in-law and son in-law relationship? I don't think NG and NR's mom had intimacy or it was man and woman's love. These question will be answer in the future episodes. Preview tell us that NG has been in love with NR for so long and her mother trust him for take care of NR and for protect her land. I only hope he doesn't have an illness.

1 hour ago, 0ly40 said:

Thanks a lot @stroppyse for your translations everyday :)

Really, what happened? In the preview in NG's memories they are marrying? What must NR remember? Maybe she is married with NG and she didn't remember at all because she had an accident too and lost her memories? It looks like NG's pictures are of mother in-law and son in-law relationship? I don't think NG and NR's mom had intimacy or it was man and woman's love. These question will be answer in the future episodes. Preview tell us that NG has been in love with NR for so long and her mother trust him for take care of NR and for protect her land. I only hope he doesn't have an illness.

In the preview, I don't think those are NG's memories, and I don't think it is NG marrying NR. I think it is NR being married, and NG giving her away as the father of the bride since when NG tells NR "let's go," NR responds "yes, father."

I'm hoping that it's either one or the other of them imagining that scene. I was wondering if it's NG's imagining that scene from back when he had made promises to NR's mother, as his way of taking care of NR was to safely marry her off to her boyfriend, DJ. Of course, DJ turned out to be a wimpy, cheating weasel, so no more marriage there. Or it could be NR's imagination of having to deal with a father that she's attracted to while marrying another man? 

Anyway, my bet is that the scene with the wedding is an imagined scene of some kind. Otherwise, it really doesn't make sense. Then again, this drama is all about the reveals amongst the comedic beats.

My biggest question mark so far is actually about NG's illness. I wish we knew what that was, whether it's a type of agoraphobia or enochlophobia, or a physical illness. Given that this webtoon writer also wrote the source material for Flower Boy Next Door which had a female lead with extreme agoraphobia, it wouldn't entirely surprise me to find that NG has some relatively rare phobia which he can keep in check for so long, but then it hits him. Anyway, I hope this is the case rather than something completely incurable and unmanageable. 

31 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

In the preview, I don't think those are NG's memories, and I don't think it is NG marrying NR. I think it is NR being married, and NG giving her away as the father of the bride since when NG tells NR "let's go," NR responds "yes, father."

I'm hoping that it's either one or the other of them imagining that scene. I was wondering if it's NG's imagining that scene from back when he had made promises to NR's mother, as his way of taking care of NR was to safely marry her off to her boyfriend, DJ. Of course, DJ turned out to be a wimpy, cheating weasel, so no more marriage there. Or it could be NR's imagination of having to deal with a father that she's attracted to while marrying another man? 

Anyway, my bet is that the scene with the wedding is an imagined scene of some kind. Otherwise, it really doesn't make sense. Then again, this drama is all about the reveals amongst the comedic beats.

My biggest question mark so far is actually about NG's illness. I wish we knew what that was, whether it's a type of agoraphobia or enochlophobia, or a physical illness. Given that this webtoon writer also wrote the source material for Flower Boy Next Door which had a female lead with extreme agoraphobia, it wouldn't entirely surprise me to find that NG has some relatively rare phobia which he can keep in check for so long, but then it hits him. Anyway, I hope this is the case rather than something completely incurable and unmanageable. 

At first I thought it was the two of them getting married but now after reading all of the replies here I'm so confused. :cold_sweat:

I really really really hope it's just their imagination. Even if they are getting married that'd be fine with me. But please oh please don't let her marry someone else. :confounded::confounded: 

And I really hope there's nothing serious going on with Nan Gil, I don't want this show to become a melo all of a sudden.

Can anyone explain to me about that handkerchief? Whats that mean and why Nari did not suspect anything about it and dont ask NG anything about it? She got that from warehouse right? Or she purposely hide that while she already know who he is? This drama is getting confusing. (Not in bad way but it does annoyed me sometimes when i cant fully grasp what is happening) And how come Nari can accept NG so easily? What i means is how come she is not angered by the fact that NG keep too many secret from her eventhough she have the right to know esp about her mom phone. There is no explanation or whatever from NG yet she accept that bluntly.

DRAMA RECAPS
The Man Living in Our House: Episode 3
by LollyPip | November 1, 2016 | 4 Comments

house03-00528a.jpg

I’ve been looking forward to sinking my teeth into this show, and I’m happy to report that it continues to deliver a lot of laughs, tempered with a compelling mystery that just grows deeper with each newly discovered clue. Na-ri’s biggest problem is figuring out whom to trust — when both Nan-gil and Deok-bong stand to gain something from her, whom can she rely on to tell her the truth?

23_house1.jpg

EPISODE 3 RECAP

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/the-man-living-in-our-house-episode-3/

7 hours ago, necychessie said:

i hope the wedding scene is only Nari's imagination..

Same. Since she said in the preview that he keeps on seeing him (imagination). Not sure if I understand it correctly. LOL!

Does anyone read the webtoon? May I know if there are differences in the story so far? Like, additional characters or different personality.

5 hours ago, necychessie said:

Its so heartbreaking to see that he is so sick T_T i cant get any idea about the ending at all after this:( i thought this drama is a comedy drama so never even imagine that he is actually sick and all...hmm..

he's really sweet and lovely that he can't be real but when I saw him sick I was like "this is the reality slap after all isn't it?!!" :( I I really hope it won't end up badly and I'm reminding myself that this is a rom-com so we shouldn't have a ad ending!! right?!! pretty please!!

4 hours ago, bexyahmed said:

The ratings dropped 0_0 It is so funny drama and interesting

I don't want to see the ratings dropped more  

as our chingu  @Vo Ki Trieu hared with us the rating increased by 1.1% from yesterdays rating so it's a good thin, hopefully it will keep on increasing for the upcoming episodes!! :)

59 minutes ago, necychessie said:

Can anyone explain to me about that handkerchief? Whats that mean and why Nari did not suspect anything about it and dont ask NG anything about it? She got that from warehouse right? Or she purposely hide that while she already know who he is? This drama is getting confusing. (Not in bad way but it does annoyed me sometimes when i cant fully grasp what is happening) And how come Nari can accept NG so easily? What i means is how come she is not angered by the fact that NG keep too many secret from her eventhough she have the right to know esp about her mom phone. There is no explanation or whatever from NG yet she accept that bluntly.

the handkerchief is made by her mother to Nan Gil I believe and we saw old books of him and Na Ri in the locked room when he went to check if anything was missing which means they knew each other since they were too young but she forgot apparently!! and now that she found it she's starting to figure out who he is (if she didn't alreay) and maybe she's waiting for the timee to face him with it!!

I think that the way Nan Gil treated her since she came back to her house and took good care of her without taking anything in return and his preference to keep silent than lie to her gained him points in her book so even though she's annoyed and want to know the truth she's not angry at him because it's obvious that he have no ill thoughts towards her!! that's how I see it!! :) 

4 hours ago, jma030201 said:

what does NG have? Urban phobia? Is that what you call fear of cities?

Maybe he have a Agoraphobia ...:(

That's my thought after I watch today's episode because when he traveled to Seoul, he got sick :mellow:

I love his character, it's so pure <3 I hope he doesn't have any bad illness will cause him die :tears: 

Thank you so much for recaps, translate, update,.. etc really thank you to all of you :wub::D

I hope this drama will be GREAT till the end!!!!!:heart:

Archived