[Drama 2016] Father, I’ll Take Care of You 아버님 제가 모실게요

tompark

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiOiFY9Nid2Ky1qLzCBqA2808366229c6e83fae618ae25a94ae28.jpghqdefault.jpg

Working today will have to watch it later but hoping everyone has a great time spazzing and watching!!!  Most of all hoping that the wrapping up of this drama brings us some amazing moments we won't forget!!!!! 

credit to original owners of photos....    Love to all:heart:

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lazy writer just wrote that HW was sentenced to 2.5 years jail and fined 9.4 billion won for stock manipulation through news broadcast, without writing details of the trial procedure while the Han family happy go lucky without concern for HW imprisonment.

Really lazy and stupid writer ....:angry:

30 minutes ago, hhwrrr said:

The lazy writer just wrote HW was sentenced to 2.5 years jail through news broadcast, without writing details of the trial procedure.

Really lazy writer....

Maybe he doesn't want to drag to much about him in prison. He still has 2 episodes and a lot of stories to end. 

7 minutes ago, mariposaazur said:

Maybe he doesn't want to drag to much about him in prison. He still has 2 episodes and a lot of stories to end. 

The writer did drag with shopping and singing....

10 minutes ago, hhwrrr said:

The writer did drag with shopping and singing....

You say it right. This writer it's kind of strange. During the whole drama I couldn't really figured out who are the leads of the drama. The screentime raport keep changing every week, but even if I was confused and mad because they drag the brother story to much I loved this drama. I'm not sure if it's only because DH and SJ, or because I want to see MJ and her father defeated or because I want CS to find something on what he's good. But I like this drama. :)

Another K-drama with the usual rush at the end without resolving all the issues raised throughout the long 50 episodes! Is it only wishful thinking that the evil uncle and his daughter will get the punishment they deserve? He killed DH's parents and he is going to be forgiven??? Why can't the writer time the episodes so that we can have a satisfactory and fulfilling ending? The character HW was not developed well in this drama. But, we have seen this before in other K-dramas. SIGH!!! I did enjoy the OTP DH and SJ. The rest of the female characters were so incredibly annoying!

This writer just wrote in details on trivial matters, skip details on important ones, drag the drama with fillers such as singing in almost every 2nd half of the episodes.

Without KJW being cast as the main male lead, this drama will probably has a rating of less than 5%, just like her 2015 'My Heart Twinkle Twinkle'.

1 hour ago, hhwrrr said:

This writer just wrote in details on trivial matters, skip details on important ones, drag the drama with fillers such as singing in almost every 2nd half of the episodes.

Without KJW being cast as the main male lead, this drama will probably has a rating of less than 5%, just like her 2015 'My Heart Twinkle Twinkle'.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the average rating has been slightly double of what you have expected.  

Who is the lead has no effect on the drama.  i have seen K-dramas for the past 15years (i'm sure some of you are k-drama fans longer than me), even a hallyu star or a good actor (i'm not referring to KJW in case his fans here think i'm referring to him.  i'm using example of other dramas) can have a low rating drama.  I'm sure most of you have seen quite alot of dramas, you will have come across dramas that have good actors but rating is damn low.  

They did not specify who are the 1st or 2nd leads, but placed them as main leads (i.e. KJW/PEB/LTH/LSK).  Weekends family dramas tends to write from 1 or 2 of the characters perspective first and branch out to other characters.  Unless it is not a family drama, they will be able to draw viewers to watch as there are no competition from the other stations.  But because it is a family drama, it has to compete with KBS which has a good record for weekends family dramas (even though the script may not be good) and i think the timing is not favorable. 

----------------------------------

Coming back to the latest episode 49, finally there are some closure for certain characters.  HS decided to spend time talking to JH and moved to the basement.  She wanted to know more about JH's likes, dreams and promised him she will let the current situation(i.e. less focus on studies) remained as it is.  SS doesn't want to move to the basement and protested. hahaha.... SS suspension from law practice was also lifted and he was 1 of the lawyers in the team that was helping HW in his case.  

HW was sentenced to 2years and 6months and fine of 9.4billion won, but i'm sure as long as they can find that UN production Mr Hwang, HW will be released immediately.  HW has told SJ that his people are trying to find Mr Hwang in Malaysia, thus likely he has escaped overseas.  

There was 1 scene when the family was discussing about the house and HS's wife actually reprimanded her husband for not bringing HW back together with SJ when he went to the orphanage.  She has mentioned this not that she blamed HW for the revenge, but rather feels bad that HW is jailed because of their adopted son.  But then, i felt that HW would never go back with HS even if he wants to bring him back then, he has seen what happened to his own father.  HW has also told SJ to persuade the family to move back as he wants to see them in that house when he is released.  

MJ's credit card, buildings(assets) and car bought with the company's money has been confiscated by Chairman Bang and she will only received a normal salary deemed fit for her position in the company. DH feels the need to help HW, so went to the detention centre to see MJ's father.  She has thought about it and felt that her uncle is not a bad person, just that he wanted the attention from his own mother(because i think he was jealous of his own brother-DH's father).  She has also mentioned that MJ wasn't a bad person either and felt bad for her in the office.  She is willing to give 1/2 of the shares that she has to MJ.. But MJ's father knew why DH is doing this and told her that he will not admit to the share manipulation case to help HW out of the jail.  

This is episode 49 right? I have seen conflicts resolve earlier in a 16 episode drama. Nothing has been solved at all. In 49 episodes. I came here for the cast. But next time I am avoiding this writer even if my favourite actor is in it.

By the way the actress playing Mi Joo is getting scarily thin. As in unhealthily looking thin.

Wanted to recap today's final episode but the live streaming is really bad.  Only managed to watch for the 1st 20minutes and then the website hanged.  after 10minutes managed to restore but connection is bad...  Guess everyone needs to wait for others' recap or for the sub.  Will post the youtube clip later when it is uploaded.  

Spoilers galore so don't read if you don't want to know. And I am not positive.

The funiest moment in the whole 50 episodes is when the dog ran in front of the camera.

The ending wasn't funny. At least the characters stayed consistent. JH was a b**ch to the end. This wasn't a comedy weekend drama. And it wasn't funny; even though it was well acted.

What a cop out. It took 50 episodes to tie up the end? By the way these comments are for the international fans. HW is technically an Americanc citizen even though he was jailed. And I loved how his adoptive family has seemingly abandoned him to S Korea. But for the plot sakes I can see how a Korean American adoptee can returned with untolf riches, speaks Korean fluently, be jailed under Korean laws then return to the USA just like that. And  then hahaha, with the current Trump administration that JE can just return to the US. I just about fell down laughing at the idiotic writing. Fyi America is deporting adopted children who have not been naturalised by their adoptive parents. And including South Koreans.

And Chairman or Director Bang.... repenting as expected. But so lame not to craft a better ending for him. Or MJ. 

And there wasn't any resolution for the children. They didn't change.

I actually wentt up to the drama title to read it again. In case I misunderstood it and the English translation was wrong. Whose father is being taken care of again? I am right right? I  read it and it's what was said.

Ergh, cute DH and SJ or not, the writer can complete a scene but sure as heck can't write a good plot. It's great I saw KRW for 50 episodes but that's about it.

I actually went to Five Children and did a skip forward marathon to get a feel of a weekend drama. Plus My daughter Seo Young. To see if I was mistaken about the writing. It is the writing. So so bad.

And since I missed a few episodes, what happened to JH's daughter? And I didn't like JH's ending. I also thought " man gotta hand it to Kdrama, a child is suicidal and they focus on the hysterical mother." Way to go parent. Helping your child learn some life lessons.

I can't even...

Anyway, good luck everyone watching ep 50. Done. Dusted. Now I will get on with my Monday.

Nothing extraordinary, the finale. Very predictable. Though I got the wedding (and proposal) I wished for Sung Jeon and Dong Hui,whoever styled her for the wedding scene should be sacked! Or has no right to called 'stylist'. The gown was ...very ordinary.I couldn't barely see Park Eun Bin in that amass piece of lace called 'wedding gown'. It would have been better if there was no veil, head band or 'tail' or whatever they call it. The dress would have been better without those 'extras'. Anyhow, still another kiss did happen. Well, I stayed on because of Park Eun Bin and Lee Tae Hwan...something that got me by for the weekend in the last six months. 

Adieu Father I'll Take Care of You B):)

thank you for the finale recap....so HW ended up in jail and returned to US for good ?? with JE too ?? gosh tis writer is hopeless and lazy...i am glad i dropped tis drama at ep39...so disappointing at how KJW character turns out with this crazy writer...hope KJW will not do any drama from tis writer ever again ...

chingoos i've been away from here & haven't even watched the end episode but gathered from one website that our OTP DH & SJ got married, that's expected though right?

@Asianspirit i think i'll agree w/you this writer was not that gr8 and that part where HW got in jail in stead of his beloved brod was just unexpected & i guess it really s..ked! kekeke then the ending in my view is kinda rushed again as usual w/other kdramas we've seen! like you said i think it wld be best if KJW stay away from this writer! :)

anyway since i hvnt seen the latest, i'll add more of my opinion/s later chingoos

On 5/6/2017 at 1:42 PM, hell59 said:

Another K-drama with the usual rush at the end without resolving all the issues raised throughout the long 50 episodes! Is it only wishful thinking that the evil uncle and his daughter will get the punishment they deserve? He killed DH's parents and he is going to be forgiven??? Why can't the writer time the episodes so that we can have a satisfactory and fulfilling ending? The character HW was not developed well in this drama. But, we have seen this before in other K-dramas. SIGH!!! I did enjoy the OTP DH and SJ. The rest of the female characters were so incredibly annoying!

@hell59    I was left really confused about whether he killed her parents or not. Maybe lost in translation. When the kidnapped Director mom/grandmother visits her rotten son in prison there is a statement about him letting them die or not helping? Sort of insinuate he could have saved them but didn't. Very annoying.  

AND, with all these episodes and dragging couldn't they have revived the DH's cousin who was running from the debtors? Couldn't they just mention once what happened to him?

All the actors were really good, I thought,  with the exception of the actress playing JE, and especially the romantic ending, I was wondering how Kim Jae-Won coped with her, she was spastic. :crazy:

The final scene on the street, was well done for the ending. But at the same time, I thought the last episode dragged a bit.

Archived