[drama 2006] Hyena 하이에나

Guest Solly

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l have seen epi 15 and epi 16 and l really like the way the story ended. My fear of a messy or abrupt ending is unfounded. Credit to the scriptwriter who puts a small twist at the ending episode....CS who appears to be a real "loser" at the beginning of the drama has things turn around for him and at the end he certainly is not a loser anymore. The ending is creditable, CS didn't turn overnite into a "swan", he is still a "kutz", clumsy and jinxed too but when those things happen he doesn't look so pathetic like before. l think he leaves the viewers a memorable impression in the last episode. The scriptwriter is clever enough to have an open ended ending that allows the cable station to come up with Hyena II if they want to and at the sametime realistic enough to be accepted by the viewers.

CS starts to shine from epi 11 onwards, before he is so bland and pathetic at times. He is indecisive and contantly asking for advise from JS but the moment he decides for himself, it is as if he has found self confidence, he character becomes alive. With clever use of make up, hairstyle and perhaps clothings too, CS suddenly stands out in the crowd, he is no longer blend with background. l think viewers seat up and notice him.....l did too !

l like the way she writes about CS love for JE.....it is not so strong and overbearing but you know he still loves her very much even though he acted very naturally when he is with them(SJ & JE). There are little moments where you catch fleeting pain/sadness that crosses his face, like when SJ mentioned to CS that he bought a ring to propose to JE but it was a just a fleeting moment and then he resumes his ususal self so as not to burden SJ and JE and of course the dinner scene, his love for her is there, you can see he is deeply in love with her but as l mention before it is not overbearing, so JE still feels comfortable with him and treat him like before....l like the fact that he does not express his love but instead extend his friendship to her during her low moments. Perhaps that's the best decision he has made because that way, JE can slowly overcome her own pain and falls slowly for CS.

l like the added touch of CS going to see his mother specially after the death of SJ's mother to express his happiness that his mother is in good health. l thought that is a real nice touch, it warms me up to CS's character.

l think MJ is excellent in this drama.....didn't l tell you all that l am a KMJ fan...hence a bit bias lor :lol::lol::lol: ........but seriously l really think he is a good actor. See his transformation from the beginning to the end, see the love he has for JE shines from his eyes.....never too overbearing but just warm and loving enough for the JE to feel comfortable and loved. MJ shii *ajar* * fighting*

Perhaps, the scriptwriter didn't touch on the subject of gays too deeply and can be wrong at times but l think what she is trying to get across is not about gays but about friendship and male bonding and how the other 3 accept SJ as a gay, even though the scriptwriter didn't go too deeply but one can see the friendship and bonding they have for each other. It touches me when CS tries very hard to protect SJ's secret, even to the extend of being wrongly accused by JB and yet he is keeping "mums" about it.

l like JS too, he may seems so vulgar and crude at the beginning but once, one get use to it, he can be so funny and really deep down, he is a good person. l like the way, he helps JB to wins SH's love and also to convince their parents to accept SH (don't ask me what he said because l still don't know yet, waiting for translations).

Seo Yee Hyun is a good actress but at times l feel she has overdo her "cutesy act" which l think can irritate lots of viewers. l am one of them even though l do find her pretty but l am especially impress by her acting in the last episode where she is more solemn and she is able to bring across her feelings.

On the whole l think Hyena is a very different k-drama and is worth watching. It may not get all its facts right about gays and only touches on this subject lightly but l think it is sufficient. l think When l am finally able to see this drama with subtitles, l will enjoy it even more. *

DVDs of this drama is already on sale in HK since yesterday...... :o

Details on epi 15 + 16

Hyena epi.15 ---Hyena…at the age of around 30

Hyena epi.16 ---Hyena…they are starting over

[JE, SJ and CS]

JE wrote lifetime contract and proposed to SJ. SJ answered that he had already thinking about proposing to JE and preparing to go on a trip with her. It was great surprise for JE and she felt it was like a dream.

SJ told his boss and colleagues that he made up his mind to marry with JE. He appealed that he was trying his best to love JE. They showed their anxiety as to whether SJ can loves a woman, they didn’t think that one can loves a woman by making effort. (Love is not that kind of matter.)

After CS’s mother's 60th birthday dinner, CS showed thanks and also apologized to SJ for postponing his trip with JE. CS heard from SJ that he would propose to JE. SJ said sorry to CS.

SJ and JE went to the trip and have a happy moment together. SJ said "I like the sea. I don’t feel lonely when I am by the sea. The waves sound like it is answering me." In short, SJ couldn’t make love with her. He said "If you were a man I would be together with you forever.” JE “I am sorry to have been making you trouble." (I am not sure but JE said in the earlier episode that she wish she were a man. Also SJ said "JE is like a maze. I cannot find the way to get back to me, who I originally was.")

The next morning they heard the news that his mother fall in to critical condition and they rush back to Seoul.

When SJ and JE were enjoying their trip, CS worked alone in the station. He drunk and cheered himself. He rubbed his stained finger and said "I wish I can also erase JE from my heart easily. It’s the final night, I waver on my feeling. I will stop crying and laugh tomorrow. Fighting CS!"

He went outside and had a break. Ms. Kim came and asked him to hear her talk. It was like her boy-friend had turned her down. CS comforted her and touched her shoulder、she said "I know you are very nice person, but you are not my favorite type." CS said "Thank you for being with me tonight."

At the hospital,

SJ’s mother said "We knew everything and hoped that you were not (a gay) till the very end. I am sorry, you must have felt terrible. Remember we are always on your side. You know how much we love you, don't you? Never be ashamed of yourself."

SJ’s father said "(to his wife) You don’t have to worry. I will be on his side as long as I live."

SJ said "I am sorry. I will live in good health and courageously."

After the funeral,

SJ’s father showed thanks to JE and said "When I first met you, I wished that you could change SJ. You were our hope. I think it was same for SJ."

JE saw SJ of who went on a trip with his father. She made up her mind to go back to the States. CS asked her was it really OK for her to go back to U.S. without seeing SJ. She answered "Do you know imprinting? A young bird learns the characteristics of its parents and then follows them around. For me, it was SJ. A bird cannot be with its mother for always. It’s time for me to leave."

CS and JE at the restaurant.

They had a last dinner. CS told her to be an excellent doctor. He was sure that even if she could not be an excellent doctor she still could be a doctor who gave great happiness to everybody. JE said she could be if CS gave her support and told him to be a wonderful PD. She was sure that even if he could not be a wonderful PD, he still could be a PD who made everybody’s heart warm.

CS asked her she really didn’t want to meet SJ. JE said “When I continue saying I am OK, I really become OK.” CS gave her his memorial song. The song title was “At the age of around 30.”

At the airport,

They went to the airport to see JE off. She gave the clip to CS again and said "Remember it will help you whenever you are in trouble." CS whispered to JE that SJ was there to see her off so she had to be cheerful.

[sJ’s clip]

Someone gave information to the broadcasting station that there was a clip of Soo Hyuk and his lover. Watching the pix of Soo Hyuk and someone holding tight at the airport, CS called SJ and asked him whether he was with Soo Hyuk on that day. CS tried to manage this issue by himself but his behavior hurt JB. JB misunderstood that CS tired to take credit for himself. CS said nothing but SJ came out and said that he was Soo Hyuk’s lover. JB felt very disappointed, he felt that he was not trusted as a friend. However the next day JB made a report to his boss that he was given false information however, he still showed his anger towards CS and SJ.

JS accepted quit easily that SJ was a gay and asked him how he look from the eyes of gays. Did they think he was cute or not?

[JB and Soo Hyoun]

JB’s parents objected to him wanting to marry SH. JB told them that he had been their fine son but this time he wanted them to trust him. He had been living in regret these 10 years, he didn’t want to lost his love this time.

SH started living together with her daughter Ji Hye for her ex-husband went to Africa. JB tired hard to get SH’s heart but he didn’t know how to treat child. SH also worried about JB’s parents’ objection and couldn’t accept JB. She told him that she was thinking about remarriage with her ex-husband for their daughter and would move to her hometown Busan.

JS gave advice to JB "Never believe women’s words itself. The truth is in her eyes, you have to look into her eyes. I can see she loves you. Now she is not a woman, she is a mother. So you should aim at her daughter. If you can get her heart you can also get SH’s heart."

Then their parents came and showed their strong objection about JB's interest in SH. JS instinctively told a lie to help JB saying that JB was impotence and made his parents were shocked.

The next morning after JB took Ji Hye to the hospital, JH came and told him that her mother told a lie. They had lost contact with their father. And she added that her mother called JB "Crevasse". JB remembered that she called him crevasse before. Crevasse means that once you fell into it you can never crawl up. He found how much she had been loved him and finally could propose to SH with the help of his brother and friends. "When Ji Hye will enter the elementary school, when Ji Hye will worry about her future course, when Ji Hye will have a boy- friend, I will always be your side."

[JS and Hee Seoun]

JS came to love HS (JE’s cousin: She is JE’s mother’s sisiter’s daughter.) He knew that HS strongly told him before that never fall in love with her. He made up his mind to love one woman and deleted all the datas of his girl friends.

[The last scene]

One year after, CS was giving an orientation instead of JB, who would be late. A student asked CS why he was called "Tackle PD (always tackled by someone/something)" He answered he didn’t like to be called that but he changed his mind that because of the tackle, he could met a precious person. And he said "If you fall down/attacked by a tackle, you will get a chance of a penalty kick or a free kick."

Translated by Clover/ www.minjong.net

Thanks for the descriptions for the drama jojo, wouldn't be able to really understand it without them

I suppose they have kinda left it open in case they make another one. I really enjoyed this, it wasn't the usual type of drama :D

Guest cococrust

coz of the lack of interest in the chi-subbed files, I will stop uploading them and will also delete my previous uploads eventually (so dl them while you can). in the event if there is any interest, i might re-up the files (but very and highly unlikely).

Guest limroom9

what are the ratings of this drama??

i heard it was a bit over 1% which is really high considering that it's a cable tv drama and only intended for 19+ audience.

Guest cafechoc

Am only 1/2 way through, and enjoyed everything so far, quite refreshing as it's different from the K-shows I have watched.

Kudos to all the actors (am definitely a fan of OMS now) and actresses who are all great. *two thumbs up*

Guest chicade_

^__^

adored oms in the beginning of ep9

so cute talking about why people break up with a little girl

he must have a daughter of similar age, i would totally marry a divorced dude with a child

i love how his character chooses the older woman with a child from aprevious marriage

heee~~ this drama is gettting fun ;oP

ppl should watch it!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest eilibaby

I'm onto the last espisode of this series. Best K-series after Kim Sam Soon..I really liked watching this series, it relates to everyday life on men and how they feel about women...haha..

not quite your usual conservative and reserve Korean series..lots of whopping and making out.. :P

MUST WATCH - RECOMMENDED!!!

Archived