[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

I am really surprised that people misunderstood the scene of YJ looking at the picture of JH. People disliked it because of the supposed love line. 

From my point of view, YJ loves JH but in a different way. There are different kind of love. She is not expecting anything from him at all. The reason she enjoyed looking at him was that she could clearly see that JH loves Anna. For her, JH is the proof that some men can genuinely love women. She admires him because he couldn't forget R. YJ realised how loyal JH is. From my point of view, YJ has always been betrayed by the men she used to love: her father and SJ. She fell in love with SJ, while the latter was just using her. Her father was also using her in order to save his company. He was searching for an appropriate partner for his daughter, but everything was in the name of JB Group. So she cut ties with her father because she thinks, she has finally found the love of her life, only to realise later that SJ had been using her all along. However, she couldn't stop loving him. Now, it is over, JH has replaced him in her heart. He is her model. She admires him. For her, JH represents the man she has always been dreaming of, yet she is not expecting anything from him. She is happy to have him by her side and that's it. They have a deep connection and JH can understand her better than anyone else. Even master Song thinks that she killed UHR, while JH doesn't doubt her. Like he said, he noticed that YJ would always keep her promise, unlike her husband, Choi SW who will betray you at any time. In my opinion, SJ will lose the support of Chief Joo as well. When he tried to defend YJ, SJ didn't listen at all. YJ was the one responsible.

As for JH, he doesn't tell anything to Anna because he thinks, she might not accept it. He knows, she hates CYJ too much. But now, I've many questions:

- YJ went abroad, while UHR was working for JB Group. Why? To me, this is a really important clue.

- UHR came back from the States and claimed that Anna was SJ's daughter. SJ had been seeing her, before he got married to CYJ.

- SJ didn't want to leave for the States therefore he didn't visit her that day.

- YJ knows the real culprit's identity: Secretary Kim or her father.

What if Anna is not UHR's daughter? But YJ's daughter in reality... and her father wanted to avoid any scandal. I know, it sounds weird but I had this thought, when YJ fainted due to her reaction to flashlights.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, tessieroo said:

- Yes, I can verify that JCW was like that with both Ha Ji Won and Park Min Young in BTS stuff. The BTS videos of him with both these ladies were adorable, especially BTS with Ha Ji Won - she had him crying for his Mommy. (LMAO) But it would probably be best to ask @cherkell who has followed his career much more closely than I have since the beginning. She's even met him in person more than once. If you're a new JCW fan, you should definitely follow her blog: "Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen" for any/all info about him. :D From what I understand, JCW is actually very shy. 

I love the BTS with Lee Jung Jin, he seems to be a huge Uncle fan of Yoona's. And he doesn't mind being a goof-ball. 

I loved JCW in the Running Man episodes he did.  It was eye-opening to realize the dude cannot tell a lie to save his life!!  Kwang Soo was running a scam and JCW just couldn't keep from telling the truth much to Kwang Soo's consternation.  Even when he was told to just be quiet and let Kwang Soo do the lying - Wookie was shifting from foot to foot like a little kid apprehensive at being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  He couldn't hide his nervousness no matter what!  People like that just make my heart melt into a puddle of goo.  His emotions are all there on his face.

2 hours ago, gimely said:

:w00t:

Girl! You. Made. My. Day! :D

My dream comes true :D Jeha will stop Anna from her innocent acts and YJ, Samcha, even from her Dad because she is his. Well I just mean it symbolically of course :P:lol:

Ok, my wild imagination hide back :D

I just hope they are not troll us because of Halloween. 

This is a HUGE spoiler (thank you very much :D). I think the PD, tvn etc. want to hide their mistakes from ep 12 and PD stupid article (mistranslate or not he would chiose his words better about SYA... how unproffessional he is) I think everybody depressed after these, both ships too and not just us here but korean sites or other int. forums too. Well for me they managed save my week until ep 13. :D Hope dies last so we can spazz about what is that ring, really!??? :D:wub:

Hahhaahah, no problem :D I just hope it really is what we think it is and not something from before.. Let's just cross our fingers for our lovely couple and PRAY that they get some romantic and intimite scenes in the last 4 episodes, I mean COME ON!!!!!! :D:D 

59 minutes ago, perfectsmilebias said:

Can you stop insulting my comprehension skills and using my own words to try to insult me? I have always been honest, I don't like how the character of Anna has been written. You hate YJ, I don't personally come after you because your interpretations are different from mine.

And no, just because they are anxiety pills and not sleeping pills doesnt mean Anna wouldn't be apprehensive about them if she were written as sensible. She starts off all anti-pills and now she is justifying going over the recommended dosage. The the writer is dumbing her down.

Also, in the beginning she trusts no one. She doesn't even talk with the bodyguards she practically grew up with. But then she trusts Jeha (which is understandable) and now she trusts anyone who goes against YooJin. She doesnt just trust her uncle, she is dependent on him. All her caution has disappeared! The writer has dumbed her down.

In most dramas, the villains get dumbed down (they are practically caricatures) so that the good guys look super smart even though if you analyze the writing theyre actually simplistic. In this drama, they have dumbed down Anna not only to make the bad guys seem super smart and extra cunning, but also to make Jeha the sole active hero.

Also, Anna might be naive but she isnt clueless. She has been the victim of abuse and she has realized the power of greed, she isn't naive about people harming and using others for their greed.

The reason why she trusts her uncle so much is not because of a child-like innocence but because of her hatred toward YJ. But Anna is being blinded by her hatred, she ignores obvious red flags, rejects Jeha's advice, and allows herself to be used.

The writer does this for convenience and it also prevents Anna from taking an active role in the main conflict. The main players are YJ, JH, and the Uncle.

I am sorry if you think that I am insulting you. I made that comment for the thread because many people missed the implication of that scene.

And Anna didn't get time to be apprehensive about the pills. A lot happened after she got them, Jehanna almost died then they confessed, JH went on a dangerous mission, rooftop date and then she was with SW again. Also since it's only been barely a day, it didn't strike her that the pills can be dangerous. She didnot intend to take more than the one she took before the show. But as her nervousness increased, desperately she took more because she thought they were safe to take. That doesnot make her dumb but desperate. JH too put his life in danger for his revenge but no one is calling him stupid. Why such bias towards just Anna?

Also naivety is due to cluelessness. You are contradicting yourself. :) No one is naive by choice. She is clueless about SW not caring for her. She is clueless that he doesnot care if she is hurt. All that matter to him is the end of the war where he is the winner and YJ the looser. The problem with Jeha is that he warns but doesnot back it up with an explanation. No person would listen to such advises. Look at how SW plays her..he gives her explanations and slyly puts doubts in her head, hatred in her heart so that all she can think about is revenge on YJ by hook or crook. And which person would allow others to use her willingly? It's like saying a person allowed herself to be robbed. She doesnot know she is being used. She thinks they both want the same end result. 

About the bodyguards..they keep changing..she didn't grow up with the same set. MiRan herself joined her team 2 years ago. We don't know what kinds she got before so can't judge her for not trusting them. Not all bodyguards are nice.

And so far yes, YJ, JH and the Uncle are the main players because Anna's war is not with the Uncle. Her war is with YJ. She will become an active player when that war begins.

10 minutes ago, klgirl said:

@meh2222

Reveal hidden contents

He screamed for his Omma at least once.....I had a good chuckle at that.  The dude is attached to his Mom for sure.

Spoiler

Indeed, my impression is he is a momma's boy.. how could he not, and it's a good thing.. he is an only child, and he was raised by a single mom, since his dad died when he was young..he is such a sweetheart to his mom. I love that he supports his mom even if he is already old enough to live on his own.. I am a proud fan.. 

@siddo

Spoiler

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks these two should be in a drama together. Some may not like the pairing because of the age gap and whatnot, but I have my own preference, and surely it will be a shame not to see these two in a different drama, their acting talents really compliment each other. I have a different plot in mind.. it is scandalous, but which love affair is not? Ha! JCW is actually the one who is married this time, due to unforeseen circumstances he got married really young, or was forced into a loveless marriage ..( he surely can portray an early 30's husband) but then SYA came, a single woman or could be a divorcee, she could portray a lonely woman, this time SYA is the one weaker and vulnerable.. bottom line is, this time around it's the older one who is the mistress..rather than the younger ones, like what we normally see in  love affair dramas ( e.g secret love affair, i have a lover) well, Just my imagination..ha! I just want to see these two act on a passionate, scandalous melodrama, not just because of the chemistry but also bec of their acting talents, A girl can dream right?  

Disclaimer to those who are not happy reading this, this is my personal preference! Pls . Dont shoot me! :))))) 

This is truly a great turning of the plot ..!!!
wonderful scheming, bravo for the writer !!!! genius mind!
I was very curious obout how  YooJinn will tell the truth about Anna without losing too much. (Because she knew, she really must have to do it and soon, imagine what will happened if Park  Kwan Soo would become aware of this thing)

Once the world will learn about Anna and who is her real  father , she will no longer be a potential source of blackmail, and hooray for Master Song, he showed YooJin what to do:  leaving Anna alone, no longer chase her, stop using her = reveal to the world who she is !
and YooJin just did it.

isn't  YJ the official killer of this drama? she could simply to send their masked people to shut Master Song  up permanently .. 

Why doesn't  she do that?

Why was she so afraid of master Song warning?
For he knows who the real culpable for the death of Uhm Hye Rin  is.
because it is a person YooJin loves so much that she was able to take upon her the crime and leave everyone to believe it ... (less JeHa !?)
I think it's her father.
she loved him wery much she still loves him... the big problem is that Master Song knows much more, he know the truth about why her brother was appointed to be the heir by their father, and not her... and the reason is that ..... .................. YooJin is not blood related with her father, she is not his biological daughter ... this is my conclusion!

JeHa please help her!!

and in the same time help AnNa, this is not something impossible with everything that happened in the last episode!!

'THE K2' Unveils PART5 of OST

4c7xn8iv7ufh1r6fbu7whs8vc1y9nwjg.jpg
[Ent Team] Park Gwang Seon is back through the OST for ‘THE K2’.

Ulala Session-issued Park Gwang Seon will release ‘As Time Stops’, the PART.5 to the original soundtrack for tvN drama series ‘THE K2’, on October 29.

‘As Time Stops’ tells the story of a lonely wolf who sees a beautiful flower-like girl in the forest and falls under her spell. It represents the feelings of Kim Je Ha (Ji Chang Wook) towards Go Anna (Yoona).

Following Park’s humming that reminds us of the crying sound of a sad wolf, a very moving melody translates despair into music while talent manages to moderate the expression of Je Ha’s feelings.

What is especially striking about this song is that the dark atmosphere of the drama series is perfectly transcribed into musical notes that wrap up the viewers and never let them go.

Meanwhile, Park Gwang Seon’s ‘As Time Stops’ will be released on October 29. (photo by CJ E&M)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=32264

i agree....

1 hour ago, klgirl said:

I loved JCW in the Running Man episodes he did.  It was eye-opening to realize the dude cannot tell a lie to save his life!!  Kwang Soo was running a scam and JCW just couldn't keep from telling the truth much to Kwang Soo's consternation.  Even when he was told to just be quiet and let Kwang Soo do the lying - Wookie was shifting from foot to foot like a little kid apprehensive at being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  He couldn't hide his nervousness no matter what!  People like that just make my heart melt into a puddle of goo.  His emotions are all there on his face.

I saw that episode too, it was hilarious and made me realize how good of an actor he actually is 

On 10/30/2016 at 0:30 PM, valsava said:

@Bambiina I think we may have got Yj all wrong I think she could have actually be protecting Anna when she was in that convent.. Yj keeping Anna surrounded by bodyguards was because of and investigation she knew would happen someday.. I'm more incline to belive it was uncles Mother and FIL that was involved with the death of Annas mother.. These two are always incohoots together plotting and scheming how to take YJ out but I must admit she can hold her on.. Once JH found out what she did and he's going to find out just how much she played him and really put Anna in danger because Secty Kim is going to tell him.. This will send him over the edge JH wil and is going to take Yj down.. Secty Kim will set another trap to try and kill him again..

That's a very weird way of protecting. Anna has been psychologically scarred by years of neglect and isolation. If she was trying to protect her, why couldn’t she adopt Anna and raise her as her own? Or at least allow her and her father to spend time together? From what I have seen so far, Anna was a hostage, a bargaining chip for YJ to use against SJ.

5vLxnwH.png

This is the last image in episode 12 ...

I'm not abel to translate the expression on  JeHa's face ...
He looks on  screen, YooJin just admitted to the world, the darkest secret for which until now, she has been able to sacrifice a lot of people ..

what thoughts are spinning in his mind now:
- well done girl! Now you did it !!   applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991

or

- Yes, that's how must it done!  thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949014
or
-That fox she was close to fool me with her confesion !!  winking-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949015

or
- oops!
She did it again!! hee-hee-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948998

that little smile on the lips, almost seems as a smile but isn't ... JeHa seems to be amused by the situation and in that very moment he admired a little YooJin !!?????

@carmens i dont think so, that picture you posted was his "SMIRK" after the mirror answered his question about whether or not it will give him all answers about YJ.  That was not his reaction when YJ exposed the biological secret of AN in national TV. 

He had a shocked expression when YJ confessed. it is not allowing me to post in here, maybe bec I am in mobile.. 

23 minutes ago, ashvaugn said:

@carmens i dont think so, that picture you posted was his "SMIRK" after the mirror answered his question about whether or not it will give him all answers about YJ.  That was not his reaction when YJ exposed the biological secret of AN in national TV. 

He had a shocked expression when YJ confessed. it is not allowing me to post in here, maybe bec I am in mobile.. 

hi!

Yes, you're right, I was back and checked frame to  frame,

it was happened when he asked "The mirror" if she will answer any of his questions, even those about YooJin lady, and she replied YES, 

but it was this, the last picture on the end of the episode and I linked it with the latest action from the show , my mistake!

but my question remains, what he wanted to say with this?

AhPVAPF.png

or rather what the plot writer and the PD wanted to convey to us through this ??

and  He was like this when he heard  YooJin's confession on TV

GxuZjCG.png

neo michyeoss-eo?

Spoiler

But, I am tempted to believe that his half-smile as the last image of episode 12, was meant as a conclusion to what has happened in the last sequences of the show!!

5vLxnwH.png

@carmens i know, jeha is really unpredictable IMO, cant't extract what's the reason behind that smirk, but I wish to believe that our hero has got some tricks on his mind and I am just waiting for him to make his move.  I still believe that him playing chess on the opening credits still have a great significance on where the plot is going. 

6 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

I am sorry if you think that I am insulting you. I made that comment for the thread because many people missed the implication of that scene.

And Anna didn't get time to be apprehensive about the pills. A lot happened after she got them, Jehanna almost died then they confessed, JH went on a dangerous mission, rooftop date and then she was with SW again. Also since it's only been barely a day, it didn't strike her that the pills can be dangerous. She didnot intend to take more than the one she took before the show. But as her nervousness increased, desperately she took more because she thought they were safe to take. That doesnot make her dumb but desperate. JH too put his life in danger for his revenge but no one is calling him stupid. Why such bias towards just Anna?

Also naivety is due to cluelessness. You are contradicting yourself. :) No one is naive by choice. She is clueless about SW not caring for her. She is clueless that he doesnot care if she is hurt. All that matter to him is the end of the war where he is the winner and YJ the looser. The problem with Jeha is that he warns but doesnot back it up with an explanation. No person would listen to such advises. Look at how SW plays her..he gives her explanations and slyly puts doubts in her head, hatred in her heart so that all she can think about is revenge on YJ by hook or crook. And which person would allow others to use her willingly? It's like saying a person allowed herself to be robbed. She doesnot know she is being used. She thinks they both want the same end result. 

About the bodyguards..they keep changing..she didn't grow up with the same set. MiRan herself joined her team 2 years ago. We don't know what kinds she got before so can't judge her for not trusting them. Not all bodyguards are nice.

And so far yes, YJ, JH and the Uncle are the main players because Anna's war is not with the Uncle. Her war is with YJ. She will become an active player when that war begins.

I have read a lot of comments about Anna as a character, some positive, some negative. I felt a bit compelled to write my thoughts about Anna.
Anna to me is a very real and interesting character. She’s had a very difficult time from a young age. She witnessed the death/murder of her mother, was separated from her father, and was sent abroad where she was no more than a hostage. She spent her life yearning for affection. She grew up surrounded by guards who work for her stepmother, whom she believes to be the root of all her ills. She spent years trying to get back to her father, telling herself that her father loves her, but can’t come to rescue her because her stepmom won’t let him. 

I have seen people complained about her being too trusting of her uncle. From my point of view, I believe that Anna only trusts those who have shown her kindness. She trusts JeHa because he had shown her genuine kindness and interest. He tried to save her in Spain and was the only person truly worried about her at the hospital when she nearly died from the allergic reaction to the strawberry ice cream.

She trusts her uncle because he seems to genuinely care for her. We, as the audience, know that the uncle has ulterior motives, but she does not know.  Her own father doesn’t show the same kind of attention to her. Her uncle gives her what seems like the semblance of a normal life. By being near him, she is able to go out, see people, meet people… Things that she was never able to do before. I do not fault her for being trusting of him. Also, her uncle was able to show true concern by making sure she met somebody from her childhood; the therapist that she saw right after her mother’s death. This probably proved to her that the uncle cared enough about her. However, we as the audience knows this to be a smokescreen.

Regarding the pill, there is also no reason why she would be distrustful. It seems to follow the same thread. The uncle cares for her. He gives her medicine to help her manage a debilitating condition. She takes it. It works. Uncle is awesome! In this sense, she is still childlike. I believe that even though she is an adult, part of that lost little girl is still within her. She would always trust the uncle until he does something really undeserving of that trust. JeHa cannot make her distrust Samchoon. She needs to seem him for who he is for this to occur. She is grateful to him for her semblance of freedom, for wanting to realize her dream of destroying YJ, but most of all for showing her kindness.

JeHa is the opposite of her. He is experienced, cautious, jaded… He has seen more than she has and knows the way the world works. She doesn’t. She was “jailed” most of her life. Her only thought was to go to her father, at least the father that she knew when she was younger. This man who showered both her and her mother with affection.  But this man that she remembered from her childhood is no longer existent.

My two cents.

Archived