[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

CH thought that to have a mother like KJY is a curse? Whoa... I'm not really sure but it's a sad fate for him to be born as her son in this lifetime... in his past life (and maybe in this life time too, though there is no evidence (?)) he was born as MDY son... 

KJY: Chi Hyeon! Please call the ambulance
CH: It won’t matter. I drank the poison (?) that I still kept with me
KJY: Why did you do it? Why?!
CH: Mother
KJY: Yes Chi Hyeon?
CH: I think it was a curse that you are my mother (?)
KJY: Chi Hyeon!!

ND and HJJ conversation about SC's identity as mermaid

HJJ: Why doesn’t she wake up yet?
ND: Yeah, it would be nice if she wake up after her surgery. She is really different from us. Maybe it’s her neurology or other body parts
HJJ: What do you mean by talking like that?
ND: I overheard your conversation with her back then. That you called Chung as mermaid
HJJ: I was joking. How can you believe it? Are you kidding me?
ND: I’m not sure too why I believe it, but I do that Chung is different from us. She is a mermaid. Hey, don’t be nervous. Do you think I’ll do something to your girlfriend?
HJJ: Yeah, I’m worried about that
ND: I might be blinded over the money, but I have 2 principles that I keep
HJJ: What are they?
ND: The enemy has to pay their crime and we have to pay a favor for kindness. Chung didn’t save my life, but she protected yours. My Joon Jae. How could I do something towards her?
HJJ: What do you mean that I am your Joon Jae? Are you crazy? What a nonsense
ND: I’m sincere though
SC: Heo Joon Jae is my Joon Jae. Don’t touch him
ND: Chung, you have woken up!

HJJ: Are you okay? If you didn’t wake up, I almost followed you
SC: Why? You said that you will meet with prettier woman and will live well
HJJ: There’s no other women who is pretty like you no matter how I look
SC: You did see one (Se Hwa)
HJJ: I have thought it over, life is short. My love is longer than my life (?) That’s why in this life my love won’t end. Thank you for waking up

(Nam Doo’s past life was the son of the person whom Lord Yang killed)

• Like 17

while there is no doubt that SC & JJ truly love each other, the fact remains that SC's nature as a mermaid makes her unfit to endure life on land. and i think the 'love/heartbeat' thing only slows down the hardening, but eventually it will still happen. i'm not sure tho if there's solid basis to their belief that love will keep them alive on land. maybe it's their own superstition in the mermaid world. lol. but this is just my opinion.

as for the final scene (the date), i think it's JJ's treat to SC before sending her off. i don't see a reason why SC will clear JJ's memory. maybe they'll separate ways for quite a while, even years, then JJ will stop being a conman ang pursue the civil/gov't position (forgot the term) or take over his dad's company, then SC will come back and be granted by poseidon to be able to live on land forever. hahahahaha. happy ending!

• Like 7

According to some Chinese translations, Joon Jae found SC was getting weak, he said he couldn't see her dying, so he decided send her back to the sea. (Like KDR sent SH back to the sea when SH was so weak.) And he asked SC not to erase his memory just like what KDR said. SC said that it would be possible that she could not return to the land forever. JJ said "if you will not come back, I will choose to reborn and you will reborn too, my love will last longer than my life. I let you choose whether you will erase my memory or not." SC said "I have made my decision." And then kiss............

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

According to some Chinese translations, Joon Jae found SC was getting weak, he said he couldn't see her dying, so he decided send her back to the sea. (Like KDR sent SH back to the sea when SH was so weak.) And he asked SC not to erase his memory just like what KDR said. SC said that it would be possible that she could not return to the land forever. JJ said "if you will not come back, I will choose to reborn and you will reborn too, my love will last longer than my life. I let you choose whether you will erase my memory or not." SC said "I have made my decision." And then kiss............

What???? OH MY GOOOODDDDDDD

I thought this episode didn't have an stressful cliffhanger. But seems I was wrong!! :bawling: Why??? :((( Jun Jae let Chung 2 decide???? NOoooo!!! Because Chung kissed him, does it mean she is gonna erase his memories??:(

I was suprised when Knetizen comments talking about erasing memory!! They were asking if JJ's memories were erased or not!! Nowwwww I see whyyy :((((

• Like 9

7 hours ago, demarchelier said:

Thank you recappers! Ok, I take back what I said about ND. In the end he was a good guy. I am actually glad he's good because you gotta love a guy who gives cute nicknames for our mermaid...Oh Do Ri {Audrey Hepburn}, Beauty Cheong, Party Cheong, Swag Cheong. 

I love the nicknames, too.  I thought I heard another one today.  (I'm expecting at least one more.)

I also love JJ's nicknames for SC:  Mung Chungie (dummy) and 위 방 (upper room)

7 hours ago, mythicalove said:

LOTBS is like a piece of puzzle, everything fell together perfectly, each piece connecting to the next. The loose ends were tied together beautifully and perfectly timed. The the only question left is why does cheongie's heart continue to harden? We all have a solution, they need to move out to live next to the sea. 

Without  even watching with subtitles, what I love about this episode:

1) CSA dreaming about her past life. Poor girl, no matter what lifetime, she will never have his heart. It's ok, in this lifetime, she has TO to love her.

2) Closing of the Joseon counterpart showing ND's role.

3) Ahjussi waking up and his conversation with HJJ. Tugs at my heart seeing KDR and his friend reunite.

4) The way HJJ whispers to SC for them to go home. My goodness, my heart!

5) No noble idiocy! SC did not leave him! 

6) SC erasing Elizabeth's omma and appa's memories. Hahaha. 

7) CH dying. I know some may disagree but I like it. This is the worse possible punishment for his mother. She will live a long, miserable life without her son. The cruelest thing is that what she killed with, came back to kill her own son. Oh, the irony. I love it! 

8) The revelation of the professor's role and MDY getting caught. I'm glad the professor turned out a good person.

9) That kiss! (Still think the director could have gotten a better shot but I'll live). Give me more!

I need subtitles quickly! 

This drama is so beautifully crafted--the details and subtleties of all the parallels, images, words, colors, clues...  It's easy to enjoy without the subtitles, but I can't wait to grasp it all when we get the subs!  (Now we know why they showed Nam-doo with oranges, and also why he is an orphan.)

6 hours ago, Chellsee said:

I am really hoping that it was not their last kiss... and we will get the BEST ENDING EVER that we ask for... :heart:

Let's hope they meant to say "latest kiss" NOT "last kiss."

5 hours ago, nika94 said:

I thought this episode didn't have a stressful cliffhanger. But seems I was wrong!! :bawling: Why??? :((( Jun Jae let Chung 2 decide???? NOoooo!!!

I was suprised when Knetizen comments talking about erasing memory!! They were asking if JJ's memories were erased or not!! Nowwwww I see whyyy :((((

Yes, it's a cliffhanger.  Not of how to satisfy someone's evil greed, but of how to achieve a seemingly impossible love.  

I still have a few unanswered questions, a few predictions, and a few more wishes.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 9

CSA and SC conversation inside the hospital rom

CSA: Oh you startled me
SC: You will make me misunderstand you. Are you going to leave after leaving the flower?
CSA: Well, I want to see your condition that’s why I only came for a while and left the flower
SC: Are you worried about me?
CSA: Well, it’s not like that. Actually it’s the first time for me to see a person who got shot. Are you really being shot? It must be so hurt. Where did you get hit?
SC: I think you like me
CSA: Are you crazy? I don’t really like you but I don’t want to see you to get shot too
SC: So do you like me?
CSA: I have told you that I don’t really like you
SC: But I like you
CSA: Omo. But why?
SC: I want to be like you
CSA: I don’t think you would like it if you were me. But why?
SC: You can grow old with someone you love
CSA: Are you telling me that I’m growing old? … (?)
SC: That’s not what I mean. I’m jealous with you. You have a lot of time to spend with someone you love
CSA: What’s the use of having a lot of time when someone that I want to spend the time only look at you. He even appeared in my dream. I’m more jealous
SC: It will appear, someone who is fated for you
CSA: Did you get an ability to see the future after got hit? What’s wrong with you?
SC: I too wait for a long time before he appears. I’m sure he will appear soon in front of you
CSA: You mean to say that I should stay away from Joon Jae, right? You don’t have to say it because I have planned to do so. Joon Jae has rejected me, so what more that I can do? Get well soon…

Then the man for CSA appeared… Tae Oh… OMG Tae Oh is sooooo handsome :wub: :heart:

SC and HJJ had dinner together

SC: Should we drink alcohol?
HJJ: No, If I drink, I will keep asking you to stay and don’t go. Please tell me if there’s another way. Please. If there’s other way, tell me. Since you woke up from your surgery, you lost your appetite. You can’t sleep and you keep hiding out your pain and bear it. What should I do? Should I just stay put, when I see you slowly dying like this? *give her the KDR bracelet* If you go back to the sea, will you be okay? Will you be healthy again?

HJJ: Promise me one thing. If you go, don’t erase my memories
SC: Why?
HJJ: You have said it yourself. You can still love someone by remembering the memories. Even though it hurts, you love him/her. Only if I have my memories with you that I can let you go
SC: Don’t you think it will be too much for you (to bear)? There’s a chance that I won’t be able to go back to land forever again. You won’t know whether I will stay alive or not. You will always wait for me
HJJ: If you can’t go back here anymore, I will get reborn again. And you do too. I have told you that my love is longer than my lifetime
SC: I really wish that you will be comfortable (by erasing your memories)
HJJ: By keeping the memories, we won’t lose our way to meet with each other. And in the end we will meet again. Alright. You have to choose, whether you want to erase it or let me keep my memories. You have the choice
SC: I have made decision

*kissed*

• Like 17

29 minutes ago, nika94 said:

I thought this episode didn't have an stressful cliffhanger. But seems I was wrong!! :bawling: Why??? :((( Jun Jae let Chung 2 decide???? NOoooo!!! Because Chung kissed him, does it mean she is gonna erase his memories??:(

Chung can only kiss him but dose not erase his memory just like she hold KSH's hand and read her memory but she didn't erase KSH's memory. I think she will not erase JJ's memory and I hope she will come back to HJJ after she becomes recovered.

• Like 7

Omg what is this chingus. Ji Jun hyun twitter update. So SC gonna erase his memories??  :o why writer-nim why? Only 1 epi left and why are you doing this to us? 

PS-Thanks Guys for LiveSubs. Watched live stream such a emotional episode. And mianhae Nam Do, i doubted u so much. 

• Like 8

SC will not erase HJJ's memories. He said his love beats time and even if she erases it, they will find their way back to each other. Therefore, there is no point for her to even try. Try as she may, he will remember her one way or another. 

Watching the kiss now, his passion resulted from his determination to hold onto their memories. If we compare the two times paralelly, this kiss is similar to the kiss in episode 8's epilogue, when KDR pleaded SH to not erase his memories. 

Writer, we have the best solution possible, just buy a house by the ocean. They can be together that way. 

• Like 15

just come on, we needn't be depressed , this will be final episode and they solved all of the problems for sure we only will watch happy moments at episode 20 

5 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

just buy a house by the ocean. They can be together that way. 

yes good idea:w00t:

• Like 6

I think she won't erase his memories. I think she is also hopeful and would do anything to recover and be back in his arms. Remember she did everything to find him even when there was no guarantee that he would love her. And now that's eveything seems settled for the both of them she would just give him up like that?! No please........ just like before-- please try to work things out first. Uhhhh this is the best episode--- things are sad, heavy--- but you would feel the intensity of their love. 

• Like 8

Am I the only one who feels extremely depressed because the end is so near. My heart aches. I want to be with them longer. I want to spend every Wednesday and Thursday mornings with them. If not forever, can't we be together just a little longer? I feel like I'm going through the breakup of my life. What am I going to do with my life after this drama end? The pain of letting them go hurts. I am not ready to do it just yet. Am I dramatic? I just want to sleep in bed all day, just sleep away my depression. :bawling::bawling::bawling: Happy or sad ending, I will cry. 

• Like 13