[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

It's been raining all night and morning where I am at. It reminds of our lovely JunCheong couple in the rain. Of course I loved every bit of that scene. We witnessed SC's vulnerable side when she expressed how she will never be able to walk in the rain with him. How she easily and comfortably tells him about her worries and regrets let us know that she trusts him. But even in a world that is not constructed for man and mermaid to be together, HJJ knows there is always another way and if there aren't, he will pave that path. It may just seem a small gesture but HJJ running off and returning with boots and an umbrella shows his willingness to defy all rules and break down all walls to make it possible for her. He touches my heart in the sweetest way possible. 

Complain about anything and everything in this drama but one cannot deny that the love story between that of HJJ and SC is one of the most beautiful stories ever told. They have something special that none others do. Their love captures my heart in every way. 

• Like 17

2 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Thank you so much for the translation @alleram95 !

These particular lines of the the dialogues between HJJ and SC spoke volumes to me. 

I love HJJ for enduring the pain. Though, I somehow feel that it's almost unfair that SC does not know their past. If she knew, she would understand the urgency and dangers of their love. Right now, the most important thing to her is whether he loves her or not and doing all the things couples do nowadays. HJJ is literally a lifetime ahead of her in terms of how deep his love is. It would be nice if she knows what they are dealing with too, so she can take some burden off of his shoulders and reciprocate his feelings. Therefore, I hope she either remembers or he tells her soon. 

I agree with you. It's a bit unfair. Yes, she is naive about the human world and her heart is physically tied to their relationship. However, give the girl the benefit of the doubt. She's been learning quickly about humans. Hopefully she'll find out soon like how she found out that HJJ can hear her inner voice. I think that together they make a formidable team...his street smarts and her superpowers.

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, demarchelier said:

I agree with you. It's a bit unfair. Yes, she is naive about the human world and her heart is physically tied to their relationship. However, give the girl the benefit of the doubt. She's been learning quickly about humans. Hopefully she'll find out soon like how she found out that HJJ can hear her inner voice. I think that together they make a formidable team...his street smarts and her superpowers.

I could not have said it better! They will make an awesome team! 

I agree, SC is actually very smart. She's been able to adapt to human life in 3 months. She's a very quick learner. 

One thing I certainly love about SC is that she is HJJ's savior. She's the best thing that ever happened to him. Usually, in korean dramas, it's the other way around. I would argue that in this case, they both complete each other. SC's heart continues to beat because of HJJ's love and HJJ has never been happier in all his life than with her. Let's also not forget, she is the reason he will reunite with his mother. Our Cheongie is so good to HJJ.

• Like 17

Guest Moonrain

omg im so late to the party; i coudnt watch live but i finally just managed to watch the raw episode. love is definitely in the air:wub: they really match each other. the golden couple. we got us some luvey duvery episode which leads me to believe the next episodes will be hell for us then. they were so cute running around then cuddling after :wub::phew: seriously, i luv this couple :wub: so happy jun jae finally met his mom, but they coudve just met somewhere safer??? the pedestrian lane is too dangerous for my liking. 

Finally!!!!!!!!!! He's meeting his mother.  I have to admit that I was holding my breath during the last scene.....just waiting for the white dump truck, with horn blaring to appear out of nowhere and hit one of them. I'm so happy that he's meeting his mother on the arms of the woman he loves and not with his selfish friend, CSA.

• Like 13

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Am I alone in experiencing heartache during the opening 18 minutes? 

The dialogues, acting, and music makes me so sad. KDR and SH making a cameo doesn't help either. Something about the Joseon counterpart makes it feel so special and I can't help but be entirely invested whenever KDR and SH are on screen. I love the ending HJJ created for them; it was bittersweet to see that they were happy for once, whether it was real or not.

I believe HJJ disagrees with KDR for dying. After all, one must stay alive in order to protect their loved ones and I'm sure he realizes that more than ever now. Though, I would argue that KDR was in a much tighter situation than HJJ, and he probably did not know of a mermaid's nature the way HJJ knows. Dying is definitely not a choice for HJJ, as he has to continue living to save his love. 

SC catches on very quickly. She realizes the dots do not connect and HJJ's story does not add up. While he says he fears his dream will repeat itself, his dream is that of a beautiful story, so what is he afraid of? HJJ was quick to save himself but I reckon it won't be long until SC realizes he lied to her and that the story he told her ended off tragically. I will wait patiently for that day to come. 

Praises to LMH and JJH! I can't express enough how wonderful they were in the first 20 minutes. Like I said before, I always enjoy their cutesy sweet scenes but their chemistry, whenever they argue or they're on a more serious tone, is unreal. I also have to take my hats off to LMH during the museum scene. The thought of losing her, not being able to protect her, and their tragic ending in their previous life pains him, and it is easily the most beautiful thing when LMH delivers it all with the expression of his eyes. I absolutely love it! 

Now, I simply love the reversal of roles here. In the past, SH was the keeper of the memories but in the present, it is HJJ. Is it a price they pay, KDR for not remembering so he is recreated to eventually remember it all, and SH for erasing KDR's memories so now she suffers the part of not remembering? Or is it the result of KDR's promise to remember her again? 

I am loving the love story in this drama! :)

• Like 18

Guest Moonrain
26 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Am I alone in experiencing heartache during the opening 18 minutes? 

nope youre not, both lmh and jjh were stellar in acting with their eyes, wow. and the joseon timeline was seriously so sad.

we have 5 episodes left, im starting to have withdrawal syndromes :(

25 minutes ago, demarchelier said:

TV RATINGS - EPISODE 15

AGB NIELSEN - 18.3% (Nationwide)

source - tv report

TNMS - 15.9% (Nationwide) and 19.4% (Seoul)

source - TNMS

no way! thats great news! :)

Okay, I got a bit distracted.  My real LOBSter role in this forum is to pose crazy questions and speculate wildly.  So, today's question is:

When Lord Yang claimed his ignorance and innocence and said that he had been set up to look like the person who poisoned the merchant, do you believe him?  If so, who set him up?

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Okay, I got a bit distracted.  My real LOBSter role in this forum is to pose crazy questions and speculate wildly.  So, today's question is:

When Lord Yang claimed his ignorance and innocence and said that he had been set up to look like the man who poisoned the merchant, do you believe him?  If so, who set him up?

Your questioned blew my mind! I have to sit on it and think for awhile before answering. 

• Like 6