[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Fav. Hug-every time he hugged her to check if her heart was beating well, I loved it :heart:

938184a2gw1fbn3el2msdg20b40b4qv9.gif&key

tumblr_ojbjnpR0zD1sw8ut9o5_r1_250.gif&ke

Cute action SC-when she found out that Joon Jae liked her ........:blush:

tumblr_oiy4pyRF451w1bsr8o3_540.gif

Remember this catfight, I find her even more cute when she's jealous :lol:

Spoiler

tumblr_ohkrb6YzhX1sw8ut9o1_250.gif&key=5tumblr_ohkrb6YzhX1sw8ut9o2_250.gif&key=9tumblr_ohkrb6YzhX1sw8ut9o4_250.gif&key=0tumblr_ohkrb6YzhX1sw8ut9o3_250.gif&key=0tumblr_ohkrb6YzhX1sw8ut9o5_250.gif&key=6tumblr_ohkrb6YzhX1sw8ut9o6_250.gif&key=7tumblr_ohkrb6YzhX1sw8ut9o7_250.gif&key=btumblr_ohkrb6YzhX1sw8ut9o8_250.gif&key=1

Cr: ohchloe weibo / drama--study /mysticalparadox

• Like 12

@babyval22 Lol, I am the same way. I only nitpick at a drama I love and want to be perfect. You'll never catch me being this picky with dramas I don't care much for. I suppose you are correct. I don't know whether to blame the actors or the director for his direction. I believe in this case, LMH and JJH can discuss how they'd interact in a certain scene without the director suggesting, as they both are quite experienced actors and the director said so himself that LMH helps him direct some scenes. My only explanation then, is that it was too cold so she didn't want to take her hands out to hug him, lol. I guess I'm more disappointed because of his heartfelt story. I wanted to hug him myself so I wondered why SC was able to hold back. 

It's absolutely normal to feel such a way. Faithlings used to do the same during Faith. You'd be surprised at the discussions about how some of their hugs had a little space in between them. :lol:

Sadly, I have one more midterm this week. I'm studying for it at the moment lol.

@CarolynH I am certainly jealous! At least it feels as though you still have something to look forward to. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mythicalove said:

My only explanation then, is that it was too cold so she didn't want to take her hands out to hug him, lol. I guess I'm more disappointed because of his heartfelt story. I wanted to hug him myself so I wondered why SC was able to hold back. 

Honestly, it was my thoughts also. Hahahahs. I was thinking maybe it's too cold alr and maybe she wasn't feeling too well. JJH actually looks slightly tired in those scenes actually. Filming on a tight schedule and being a mum to a few months old infant is exhausting I believe. LMH also mentioned before how noona doesnt like to film in cold weather so they tend to end earlier. Hahahahs. I wanted to hug HJJ so much when he narrated how he tried his best to make sure he remembered her so I was wondering why our Chungie wasn't doing so. Hahahahs. 

Oh gosh. Nitpicking to the extent of how they have a little space between them? Hahahs. It's hilarious what dramas can do to us man! 

• Like 7

On 1/30/2017 at 2:59 PM, mythicalove said:

I love how she looks so happy during the wrap up party! There's more than enough reasons to be happy, as she just finished a successful drama and she can finally rest. I'm glad filming is finally over and she could return home to her family and take a much deserved rest. 

I believe Chinese investment increases the budget. Don't quote me though, because I am not 100% certain hahaha. It is unforunate because with LMH and JJH together, they would have taken China by storm. LOTBS would have profit a lot. I do find it funny, however, that LOTBS remained widely popular in China. It's as though the ban wasn't even there. 

I feeeeeeeellllll you! I love it and want to throw all my money at LOTBS Hahahaha. 

Lol, I understand what you mean by the NG at the end. Perhaps it was an NG. He seemed to have laughed a little before she pulled him in. I still question whether it was an NG or part of them being all lovey dovey and sweet though. Either way, it's cute! Hahahaha. 

@hell59 I tried looking up the location that you mentioned but I couldn't find it. Even bloggers who published the filming locations have not figured out where it is. You can check on this site later, perhaps the blogger will update once she finds it.

http://www.flyhoneystars.com/2016/11/25/filming-location-legend-of-the-blue-sea/

Thank you so much for the link. It is excellent. The place is actually called "piscina es cau" according to the article!

• Like 6

Cute Habit JJ-I love:heart::heart::heart: it when he's acting cute like this with his loved ones

tumblr_oipaeeN8Tk1qhvqnto1_r1_500.gif&ke

tumblr_okeatndCGG1qfqs50o3_400.gif&key=ftumblr_ohm9bxRPKf1sw8ut9o3_250.gif&key=a

Fav sound effect-Sound of SC becoming sober, after drinking so much:D

Spoiler

cr owner/joonjaes/mysticalparadox/ICEMinoBeyond

Edited by minekas
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, babyval22 said:

Honestly, it was my thoughts also. Hahahahs. I was thinking maybe it's too cold alr and maybe she wasn't feeling too well. JJH actually looks slightly tired in those scenes actually. Filming on a tight schedule and being a mum to a few months old infant is exhausting I believe. LMH also mentioned before how noona doesnt like to film in cold weather so they tend to end earlier. Hahahahs. I wanted to hug HJJ so much when he narrated how he tried his best to make sure he remembered her so I was wondering why our Chungie wasn't doing so. Hahahahs. 

Oh gosh. Nitpicking to the extent of how they have a little space between them? Hahahs. It's hilarious what dramas can do to us man! 

Yes, I'm sure filming in the cold is harsh and indeed, she is a new mother. Though she does seem to enjoy the filming quite a bit behind the scenes, I reckon in the cold was a little different. I mean, did you notice how red LMH's ear was? His ear was burning from frost. It was definitely freeeeezzzing cold! 

Hahahaha yes, we nitpicked the smallest things. :lol:

----------

@minekas that is seriously one of his cutest habits! I love it!!! 

----------

@hell59 I'm glad you found the location you were looking for in the blog post :)

• Like 7

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Hi :)) I LOVE this article!! :heart:  Legend of The Blue Sea's victory and great popularity is actually much sweeter than what we think because they had the "Halyu Ban" hardship ahead of them and they easily broke through the "Halyu Ban" and became So popular in China. LMH and JJH made "Legend of the blue sea" a great hit although there was Halyu ban. :)) Kudos to all of them!! They rocked the whole Asian and also some other countries. Really proud. :))

@mythicalove  Thank you for remembering me and mentioning my name in your posts!! :))) It actually made me happy! :)) :heart:

Lee Min-ho, the greatest Korean wave star that China loves

The enforcement of the "Han Hallyeong" (prohibition of Korean Wave) in China is causing enormous damage to Korean pop culture. In the meantime, Lee Minhho is sharing the Korean Wave in China. They are leading the way through the power of content, such as actor brand power, the synergy of luxury dramas and actors, and the appearance of local drama.

Actor Lee Minho is a leading Korean wave leader in the bright spotlight in the crisis of Korea. Sculpted looks, excellent acting skills, and a good work to see the good work created Lee Minho. If he does not know Lee Minho in China at present, he is more popular than a Chinese star.

The Korean legend, "Blue Sea Legend", which has recently been released, has become very popular in China, so that the Han administration can sound like a different world story. Although it was not formally exported to China, local viewers enjoyed the drama together through the so-called pirated version, and Lee Min-ho's solid fandom was brought together and it became a chance to show off the status as No.1 Korean Wave star in China once more.
 This is evidenced by the SNS response in China. The Legend of the Blue Sea is one of the hottest dramas in China, and the biggest hash of the 'Blue Sea Legend' in China 's largest SNS Wei Bo has reached 4,800,000, making it the influence of Lee Min Ho. In addition, Lee Minho was ranked No. 1 on the Korean artist chart throughout the broadcast, and within 12 hours immediately after the broadcast, the hashtag was also the leading figure in both the Wei Bo drama and overseas drama popularity charts.

Not only that. Lee Ho - ho 's Weibo followers have steadily increased to over 29 million as of January. It is overwhelmingly the number one Korean star, and more than half of the population of the Republic of Korea is following Lee Minho. Also, 'Lee Min Ho's jealousy' was named as the top search query immediately after the broadcast, the second place on the hash tag popularity chart, and Lee Min Ho's green knit, In the drama, Lee Minho 's fashion and action will be poured into each one and 1.3 billion Chinese will be hot.

In this way, Lee Min-ho broke through the Hallyu ban with his own brand power, leading to the popularity of drama. The legend of 'Blue Sea' has become very popular in China. In particular, the love call for Lee Min Ho in China is getting hotter, so it is attracting attention as the most ideal model of the Korean Wave star in the crisis of the Han Dynasty.

Credit: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=396&aid=0000427592&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

PS  I will translate comments under this article later and lost them :))  @mythicalove@leeminhosny@Kris Silva@Chellsee@CarolynH

• Like 11

'Legend of the Blue Sea' writer vows legal action against plagiarism charge

SEOUL, Feb. 2 (Yonhap) -- Park Ji-eun, screenwriter of SBS TV's "Legend of the Blue Sea," said Thursday she will take legal action against accusations her mermaid show copied an unmade-film scenario.

In a joint statement released with the show's production company Culture Depot, Park said she will launch a "strong legal response" against what she described as "false accusations."

Screenwriter Park Ki-hyun on Tuesday filed a lawsuit against Park Ji-eun, claiming that the TV series violated copyrights of an unmade movie scenario titled "The Legend of Hae Wol Sea: Pearly Shells."

Park Ji-eun insists her story is an original work based on the mermaid legend in "Eou Yadam," Korea's first-known collection of documented historical tales from the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910).

Culture Depot claimed that, besides the human-mermaid romance element, the works are vastly different. The company stated "the wrongful practice of suing a famed writer irresponsibly for personal gain must be eradicated."

"Legend of the Blue Sea" made headlines for bringing together two of the biggest "hallyu" stars -- Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho. The series ended last month with good ratings.

Promotional image for "Legend of the Blue Sea" provided by SBS TV. (Yonhap) Promotional image for "Legend of the Blue Sea" provided by SBS TV. (Yonhap)

odissy@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/02/02/0200000000AEN20170202011600315.html

GOOD LUCK!

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, andy78 said:

'Legend of the Blue Sea' writer vows legal action against plagiarism charge

SEOUL, Feb. 2 (Yonhap) -- Park Ji-eun, screenwriter of SBS TV's "Legend of the Blue Sea," said Thursday she will take legal action against accusations her mermaid show copied an unmade-film scenario.

In a joint statement released with the show's production company Culture Depot, Park said she will launch a "strong legal response" against what she described as "false accusations."

Screenwriter Park Ki-hyun on Tuesday filed a lawsuit against Park Ji-eun, claiming that the TV series violated copyrights of an unmade movie scenario titled "The Legend of Hae Wol Sea: Pearly Shells."

Park Ji-eun insists her story is an original work based on the mermaid legend in "Eou Yadam," Korea's first-known collection of documented historical tales from the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910).

Culture Depot claimed that, besides the human-mermaid romance element, the works are vastly different. The company stated "the wrongful practice of suing a famed writer irresponsibly for personal gain must be eradicated."

"Legend of the Blue Sea" made headlines for bringing together two of the biggest "hallyu" stars -- Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho. The series ended last month with good ratings.

Promotional image for "Legend of the Blue Sea" provided by SBS TV. (Yonhap)

odissy@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/02/02/0200000000AEN20170202011600315.html

GOOD LUCK!

I hate it when such news come out. It's a mermaid folklore for goodness sake. There has to be a little similarity but other than that, I think it those parts where they talkes abt HJJ family and all, it shouldn't be that similar alr. But either way, all the best writer park! 

@mythicalove I didn't noticed! Will go look out for it now. So many bts, I see them huddling themselves within their their jacket and the moment they start their scene, off it goes. Acting is really one tough job man. 

• Like 7

@babyval22 pay attention to HJJ's ears during the umbrella scene in episode 20; it's burning red. Yes, agreed! It's a tough job and I praise them for their professionalism and dedication! They do such a great job regardless of the harsh weather. 

@nika94 thanks so much for the translation! :) seems like the ban couldn't China from tuning in and loving. 

• Like 6

@babyval22  @mythicalove  

I’m not totally happy with the way those scenes unfolded either.  Were they trying to show us that SC thought this was going to be a repeat of what happened when she erased his memories in Spain, and then they met again in Seoul?   But … I thought the point was that the story would be different this time!  Eventually we got a different outcome, but not in this moment.  We relived the same coldness.

tumblr_okreurWtnz1w2zf0ho1_540.pngtumblr_okreurWtnz1w2zf0ho3_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_okreurWtnz1w2zf0ho2_540.pngtumblr_okreurWtnz1w2zf0ho4_540.png

I tried to understand what the writer had in mind.  I can only think that she wanted us to focus on the words that were spoken—some of the most important words of the story.  “You could not erase you from me.”  SC needed to learn that he wouldn’t forget her if she erased his memories 100 times.  I wish SC had simply lifted her arm out of her pocket and put it around his shoulder.  Just that simple.

tumblr_okrey8WGpn1w2zf0ho1_540.png

I also thought about a time in my own life when I lived away from my friends for a year, and then when I came back, I was dying to see them but felt insecure and a bit scared to meet them.  SC only knew JJ for 3 months, and then she was away for 3 years.  (And for the viewers, it was only 30 minutes.  Haha.)  They are fated lovers, but I guess there was some initial awkwardness.  SC thought, “You look comfortable and happy the way you are.  Should I not have come back?”  She really didn’t know what he had suffered or what he was thinking.

There is only one reason I can forgive and forget, and that is that they went out with a bang (as someone said)!

Spoiler

tumblr_okrey8WGpn1w2zf0ho2_540.png

Our favorite action hero, LMH.

tumblr_okrey8WGpn1w2zf0ho3_540.png

• Like 11

Guest Moonrain

Is this shot from the BTS? i dont think i saw this particular shot in the drama? 

a85aad37gy1fcbu1aeqcaj20m80b4q40.jpg

Cr: Viki

i know what you guys mean about the umbrella scene. I thought maybe Chung was shocked/worried/disappointed?, that her wiping Joon Jae's memories was for naught because he still went through all that pain and longing, when the sole reason she wiped his memories was to prevent it from happening.

But yeah, all it took was to hug Joon Jae back and it would be enough.

Anyway, they more than made up for it with the [舔屏] [din爱你] so i'm satisfied hahaha

6 hours ago, 1ouise said:

There is only one reason I can forgive and forget, and that is that they went out with a bang (as someone said)!

Reveal hidden contents

5 hours ago, Moonrain said:

Is this shot from the BTS? i dont think i saw this particular shot in the drama? 

But yeah, all it took was to hug Joon Jae back and it would be enough.

Anyway, they more than made up for it with the [舔屏] [din爱你] so i'm satisfied hahaha

Hahahahaha I am die laughing from both of your comments because that is sooooo me too! We forgave for one good reason Hahahaha.  

@Moonrain yes, that photo looks like bts. Their reactions look candid, more so like LMH and JJH than KDR and SH.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, 1ouise said:

@babyval22  @mythicalove  

I’m not totally happy with the way those scenes unfolded either.  Were they trying to show us that SC thought this was going to be a repeat of what happened when she erased his memories in Spain, and then they met again in Seoul?   But … I thought the point was that the story would be different this time!  Eventually we got a different outcome, but not in this moment.  We relived the same coldness.

Reveal hidden contents

I tried to understand what the writer had in mind.  I can only think that she wanted us to focus on the words that were spoken—some of the most important words of the story.  “You could not erase you from me.”  SC needed to learn that he wouldn’t forget her if she erased his memories 100 times.  I wish SC had simply lifted her arm out of her pocket and put it around his shoulder.  Just that simple.

I also thought about a time in my own life when I lived away from my friends for a year, and then when I came back, I was dying to see them but felt insecure and a bit scared to meet them.  SC only knew JJ for 3 months, and then she was away for 3 years.  (And for the viewers, it was only 30 minutes.  Haha.)  They are fated lovers, but I guess there was some initial awkwardness.  SC said, “You look comfortable and happy the way you are.  Should I not have come back?”  She really didn’t know what he had suffered or what he was thinking.

Reveal hidden contents

@1ouise @babyval22 @mythicalove

H! I was reading all your insights on this episode and i also found  SC a little bit cold and distant at their reunion. However, I would like to believe that at that time, SC did not know what to do. I think she was overwhelmed by the fact that HJJ remembers her. It was too much for her to understand how could that have happened. As for HJJ's reaction on both reunions, if you look closely at his eyes, the first time he asked SC if she knows her, his eyes showed that he really did not recognize her and he was somewhat curious but for the 2nd reunion, you could tell from his eyes that he did. His eyes were sad and tender and you can sense that he was holding up his emotions. SC during the 2nd reunion was unsure of his reaction.  Nevertheless, SC made up for her coldness when she tried to kiss HJJ and gave us a "dirty love".

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images.
  • Like 7

@babyval22 @mythicalove @1ouise @Moonrain

Hahaha, you guys are so nitpicking. If you didn't point that out I wouldn't have noticed it. Perhaps, all my eyes were on HJJ at that time.

My theory: the viewers' discussion before the finale focused on : whether HJJ's memory would be erased and the "dirty love", but not about how the couple met again. Both the directors and the cast knew it so they spent a lot of efforts to think of the best way to deliver the "dirty love" and execute it because that was the toughest thing to do, hence they neglected the a few  important details of the reunion :-)

@mythicalove I didn't notice HJJ's ears turned at the umbrella scene, but I did find that his ears was so red while catching the first snow flakes before going to Namsang tower. It must be terribly cold.

@minekas thanks for the CH BTS. I noticed that when he fly kicked the 2 guys at about 3:05 (and a few other times), he really hit them, it's not a make-believe 

• Like 5