[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Reading through all your fave memories of the show brings back so much nostalgia and it's not even a month after the last air date. Today is exactly a week ago and the first week where there's no more episodes of LOTBS. It's Wednesday guys. :bawling:

Withdrawal symptoms is so real man. 

I should go keep a look out for the ost! Honestly, LOTBS soundtrack wasn't very outstanding for me. But the more I listen to it, the more I'm loving it. Gonna throw my money on the ost as well just to support the show. 

Anyone can share the link again for the ost? Hahahahs.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Moonrain said:

i miss them. Any chance they're going to star in another drama or a movie perhaps when Mino comes back from public service? One can only dream :huh:

I also wish they will have another project together. I don't think that is a drama because I've never seen any K  couple appearing in more than 1 K drama, so I hope it's not too much to wish for a movie.....

==

PS: I tried to multi quote, but couldn't.  Please let me know if there instruction somewhere, Thanks.

=

edit: @mythicalove They look so so beautiful in that happy ending. That scene wows me every time. But the sad ending, I've got to be honest here, I am not brave enough to watch it again.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, babyval22 said:

Reading through all your fave memories of the show brings back so much nostalgia and it's not even a month after the last air date. Today is exactly a week ago and the first week where there's no more episodes of LOTBS. It's Wednesday guys. :bawling:

Withdrawal symptoms is so real man. 

I should go keep a look out for the ost! Honestly, LOTBS soundtrack wasn't very outstanding for me. But the more I listen to it, the more I'm loving it. Gonna throw my money on the ost as well just to support the show. 

Anyone can share the link again for the ost? Hahahahs.

Hehehe, I actually loved the ost in this drama lol. I can hardly name any that I don't like, except the song that played during their run to namsum tower. I hated that song hahaha. And then, there were a few songs that I found I liked more after it played during scenes I love. I think for me, that song was Sung Si Kyung's "someday, somewhere." When it first played, I was meh about it. A lot of people loved that song and I thought I may be weird because I'm not feeling it as much. Suddenly, it played during the "I have a plan" scene and I just died. After that, I loved it so much that it came out of this drama as one of my favorite ost. I craved for it when they didn't play it the second half of the drama. And during the last episode, when they played it while they showed the BTS photos, I just bawled! Lol. 

@TrucB the couple in Secrets and Kill Me, Heal Me played together back to back. But yes, you're right, korean dramas don't usually recycle couples. It's rare for them to do so. We can only hope for a movie. They're both great at action so I would love to see that collaboration happen in the future. They played a sweet and loving couple in this drama so next time, I'd like to see hot and sizzling couple. I think they'll nail it too, especially with both so effortlessly hot, lean, and tall. Lol. 

Agree! They look so damn beautiful in that scene. They honestly look like a married couple there. LMH and JJH as a couple has visuals that's out of this world! 

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

Hehehe, I actually loved the ost in this drama lol. I can hardly name any that I don't like, except the song that played during their run to namsum tower. I hated that song hahaha. And then, there were a few songs that I found I liked more after it played during scenes I love. I think for me, that song was Sung Si Kyung's "someday, somewhere." When it first played, I was meh about it. A lot of people loved that song and I thought I may be weird because I'm not feeling it as much. Suddenly, it played during the "I have a plan" scene and I just died. After that, I loved it so much that it came out of this drama as one of my favorite ost. I craved for it when they didn't play it the second half of the drama. And during the last episode, when they played it while they showed the BTS photos, I just bawled! Lol. 

@TrucB the couple in Secrets and Kill Me, Heal Me played together back to back. But yes, you're right, korean dramas don't usually recycle couples. It's rare for them to do so. We can only hope for a movie. They're both great at action so I would love to see that collaboration happen in the future. They played a sweet and loving couple in this drama so next time, I'd like to see hot and sizzling couple. I think they'll nail it too, especially with both so effortlessly hot, lean, and tall. Lol. 

Agree! They look so damn beautiful in that scene. They honestly look like a married couple there. LMH and JJH as a couple has visuals that's out of this world! 

I know right! Alot of the songs I started liking because of the song being played on certain scenes that I loved. That's the power of a soundtrack and drama playing together. Brings the feels up the level to the max! I'm just gonna support anything that is from LOTBS. Take my money, show! *cries*

I know what you mean! I should go check out city hunter soon just to see how LMH plays actions scenes. JJH is just wow. The 2 of them together reminds me of Mr and Mrs Smith. Hahahahs. 

• Like 9

Have you guys already bought the OST CD? How's the 80-page photo book? Did it have photos we haven't seen yet? I'm planning to buy if ever...

It's our first Wednesday without LOTBS...I'm rewatching my fave scenes. I'm also rewatching MLFTS and just realized it also has 8 kissing scenes like LOTBS, though I must say uri LMH has the edge. I'm planning to watch Faith but I'm not a fan of sageuk dramas but will still try to...

• Like 6

Waaaahhhhhhhhhh @babyval22 You have not seen City Hunter?! :dizzy: I say watch it! LMH pulls off some very intense scenes in City Hunter. Lee Young Sung is most definitely his coolest character. You've at least seen the kiss scene in City Hunter right? Tell me you have. Lol. 

LMH is so smooth and natural with action. City Hunter, Faith, and Gangnam Blues, all different types of action that he nails. Please tell me you've seen faith. LMH as daejang is what won my heart! Till this day, I love daejang like crazy. 

@Do An wwwaaaatttccchhhh it! Just watch it!!! As stated above, LMH on Faith is love!!!!  

@TrucB prosecutor HJJ is sooooo hot! *dies*

• Like 7

It's been a week since the drama ended, I miss our Joon:heart:Cheong Couple

Cute expression SC- when you're alone in a hotel room,with a handsome man....aww... I love this expression :blush:

IMG_6557.gif&key=f1167b65b805110076dc55a

Fav Stunt-In ep 2, I love how JJ jumped onto her bike and stood up while it was still being ridden :heart:

Fav. funny scene-the "wrestling match" between our adorable Joon Cheong couple, :heart:look how Nam Do and Tae Oh are staring at them with blank expressions:lol:

Spoiler

3o6Ztnc0BJrseypnva.gif&key=f1b7c7cc65b163o6Ztl0H6bYoLQsUeY.gif&key=de9c8f560aeb6l0HlB2PDfxuVubXb2.gif&key=eba69075292b733o6Ztnecslpav4eKys.gif&key=465af4cba57a2l0HlwGfxc0Z0nriZq.gif&key=f57a2c5878cc0f3o6ZtlniCcWcTm7EWc.gif&key=65b49274e2ac53o6ZsZQA2Z8HoFadwc.gif&key=315d321de6a81

Fav location-Joseon era- Boseong green tea plantation:wub:

Spoiler

Lee-Min-Ho-Jun-Ji-Hyun-2.png&key=66827972470333_image_3.jpg

In episodes four and five, the action takes place in the past at Daehan Dawon (Boseong Green Tea Plantation). Se-hwa, who came on land to meet Dam-ryeong, is chased and eventually becomes surrounded by enemies with nowhere to escape. Dam-ryeong arrives just in time to save Se-hwa from danger. Afterwards, as they spend time together, Dam-ryeong makes a reference to the meaning of green tea flowers with words, "Something you have, but I don't," expressing his sorrow for having no memories of Se-hwa.

Since I have more than one choice for some categories, I'll post them later.

cr Naver/Monika Setiono/ICE Mino Beyond/DC Gallery/Legend/visitkorea/owner

• Like 8

http://m.news.nate.com/view/20170201n03668

Google translation :

[SW Planning] Breaking through the ban,  Lee Min-ho, the best Korean wave star that China loves

[Sports World = Reporter Yoon, Ki-baek] The enforcement of the "Hallyu Ban" in China has caused enormous damage to Korean popular culture. In the meantime, Lee Minho is sharing the Korean Wave in China. They are leading the way through the power of content, such as actor brand power, the synergy of luxury dramas and actors, and the appearance of local drama.

Actor Lee Minho is a leading Korean wave leader in the bright spotlight in the crisis of Korea. Sculpted looks, excellent acting skills, and good works created Lee Minho. His fame and popularity are more than some Chinese stars.

The Korean drama, "The Legend of the Blue Sea", which has recently been released, has become very popular in China, so that the Hallyu Ban can sound like a different world story. Although it was not formally exported to China, local viewers enjoyed the drama together through the so-called pirated version, and Lee Min-ho's solid fandom was brought together and it became a chance to show off the status as No.1 Korean Wave star in China once more.

This is evidenced by the SNS response in China. The Legend of the Blue Sea is one of the hottest dramas in China, and the biggest hash of the 'The Legend of the Blue Sea
' in China 's largest SNS Wei Bo has reached 4.8 billion times, which has proved the influence of Lee Min Ho. In addition, Lee Minho was ranked No. 1 on the Korean artist chart throughout the broadcast, and within 12 hours immediately after the broadcast, the hashtag was also the leading figure in both the Wei Bo drama and overseas drama popularity charts.

Not only that. Lee Ho - ho 's Weibo followers have steadily increased to over 29 million as of January. It is overwhelmingly the number one Korean star, and more than half of the population of the Republic of Korea is following Lee Minho. Also, 'Lee Min Ho's jealousy' was named as the top search query immediately after the broadcast, the second place on the hash tag popularity chart, and Lee Min Ho's green knit, In the drama, Lee Minho 's fashion and action will be poured into each one and 1.3 billion Chinese will be hot.

In this way, Lee Min-ho broke through the Hally Ban with his own brand power, leading to the popularity of drama. The legend of Blue Sea has become very popular in China. In particular, as love calls for Lee Minho in China are hotter, it is attracting attention as the most ideal model of the Korean Wave star in the crisis of the Han Dynasty.

• Like 11

Cute habit SC-always lingering and sticking right by Joon Jae:heart:

tumblr_ohwcrez6UH1sw8ut9o2_250.gif&key=d

tumblr_ohit7fjpbf1sw8ut9o9_250.gif&key=0

Spoiler

tumblr_ohwcrez6UH1sw8ut9o3_250.gif&key=ctumblr_ohwcrez6UH1sw8ut9o4_250.gif&key=ctumblr_ohwcrez6UH1sw8ut9o1_250.gif&key=f

Another cute habit of JJ -Stalking Chungi :D:heart:

tumblr_ohrxlam3Or1qfqs50o4_250.gif&key=0

Fav supporting character female-Cha Shi Ah aka boring girl

SC and JJ's Christmas wishes:)

“I wish I would have a date with Heo Joon Jae under a pretty tree. This year, the next and the next one after as well.” -Shim Chung

“I wish I could keep all of my promises I made to you” -Heo Joon Jae-

cr mysticalparadox

• Like 10

3 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Waaaahhhhhhhhhh @babyval22 You have not seen City Hunter?! :dizzy: I say watch it! LMH pulls off some very intense scenes in City Hunter. Lee Young Sung is most definitely his coolest character. You've at least seen the kiss scene in City Hunter right? Tell me you have. Lol. 

LMH is so smooth and natural with action. City Hunter, Faith, and Gangnam Blues, all different types of action that he nails. Please tell me you've seen faith. LMH as daejang is what won my heart! Till this day, I love daejang like crazy. 

@Do An wwwaaaatttccchhhh it! Just watch it!!! As stated above, LMH on Faith is love!!!!  

Honestly... I watched all of his dramas so far after BOF except city hunter and faith. Hahahahs. The 2 dramas that you're vouching over. Hehe. Somehow or rather, for some reason, I wasn't attracted to watch it during that period of time. I will find time to watch it after I'm fully recovered from the LOTBS fever! Hahahahs. 

For those who are interested to get the OST, I know yesasia sells it! 

www.yesasia.com/global/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-ost-2cd-sbs-drama/1057013864-0-0-0-en/info.html

Anyone know where to get it officially from Korea? I'm from Singapore so not too sure if my country brought it in. I should go check it out man. Hahahs. Otherwise I'll just get it online! Heh. 

Another thing I'm curious about is anyone has an interview or news articles of LMH/JJH talking about how it's like working with each other apart from the video at the press conference! There's another interview for an SBS programme that they did but I ever did manage to find the interview. Anyone can share? 

• Like 5

@minekas  I love all your favorites!  Thanks for letting us re-live them all.  There's so much good stuff in this drama.

Fav special effect:  I know it's not real, and I don't care!  I can totally suspend my disbelief and think that adrenaline did it.

tumblr_oko199fVtp1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Fav villain:

Step-mom was so creepy, that I felt no sympathy.  On the other hand, I really pitied Chi-hyeon.  He wasn't dealt the best hand in life.  I truly wanted him to make the right choices and turn away from the path of his parents.  NO ONE is beyond redemption.  Lee Ji-hoon did a superb job.

tumblr_oko1acwF2K1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_oko1acwF2K1w2zf0ho2_540.png

• Like 6

5 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Yes, CH, Faith and GB are different types of action that he nails. I was just thinking of a CH BTS , the scene was end of episode 1 and beginning of episode 2 where he trains in the mud. It was a short scene but impressive. The BTS of this is super awesome. You see how hard he worked to produce this scene of just a few seconds. He looked so manly, the most ever, all streaked in mud and doing his own difficult stunts. He was shivering after the shooting of the scene. It must have been cold and wet. Some poster in DB commented about LMH's fans being the kind who likes a feminine sort hero or something to that effect. She/he said JJS was more manly sort of hero. Well that person should see this BTS and then comment. Actually I should try to find it and post it here unless someone else wants to do it first.

I wanted to talk about the post you made about Heirs. I did not know it had a strong competitor in Secrets and when it ended Heirs shot up to 25% so I believe if Secrets was not showing, It could have been 25% earlier in the drama and then shoot up to a high of 30%. I am not a fan of Kim Eun Sook. I think her best is DOTS, Heirs is okay and modeled over an American series of young rich kids. Anyone remember the title of that series? I forgot as I have never seen it. Should try to see how it compares to Heirs. I am not really into Korean dramas and I first saw LMH in BOF, the drama did not really attract me the first time but I saw it in Netflix and then CH came up as a recommendation. The synopsis really intrigued me.  When I watched it I realized it was the BOF actor but did not know his name. I really liked CH and the way LMH played Yoon Sung. After that I was hooked to LMH as an actor and watched the rest of his works, everyone of them. I watch other popular dramas for fun but no real attachment to any of them. LMH has the certain something that I saw in CH. And I also like his down to earth personality for such a top Asian actor. He does not put on airs and is so considerate of others. Another thing I find sweet is that he is still shy after all these years of fame.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

Yes, CH, Faith and GB are different types of action that he nails. I was just thinking of a CH BTS , the scene was end of episode 1 and beginning of episode 2 where he trains in the mud. It was a short scene but impressive. The BTS of this is super awesome. You see how hard he worked to produce this scene of just a few seconds. He looked so manly, the most ever, all streaked in mud and doing his own difficult stunts. He was shivering after the shooting of the scene. It must have been cold and wet. Some poster in DB commented about LMH's fans being the kind who likes a feminine sort hero or something to that effect. She/he said JJS was more manly sort of hero. Well that person should see this BTS and then comment. Actually I should try to find it and post it here unless someone else wants to do it first.

I wanted to talk about the post you made about Heirs. I did not know it had a strong competitor in Secrets and when it ended Heirs shot up to 25% so I believe if Secrets was not showing, It could have been 25% earlier in the drama and then shoot up to a high of 30%. I am not a fan of Kim Eun Sook. I think her best is DOTS, Heirs is okay and modeled over an American series of young rich kids. Anyone remember the title of that series? I forgot as I have never seen it. Should try to see how it compares to Heirs. I am not really into Korean dramas and I first saw LMH in BOF, the drama did not really attract me the first time but I saw it in Netflix and then CH came up as a recommendation. The synopsis really intrigued me.  When I watched it I realized it was the BOF actor but did not know his name. I really liked CH and the way LMH played Yoon Sung. After that I was hooked to LMH as an actor and watched the rest of his works, everyone of them. I watch other popular dramas for fun but no real attachment to any of them. LMH has the certain something that I saw in CH. And I also like his down to earth personality for such a top Asian actor. He does not put on airs and is so considerate of others. Another thing I find sweet is that he is still shy after all these years of fame.

You are referring to the TV show Gossip Girls.

And here's the youtube video of LMH training for City Hunter (in spoiler).  CH is my all time favorite kdrama and was my no. 1 favorite LMH character (until Heo Joon Jae came along). It's the show that got me hooked on LMH and kdrama. 

Spoiler

• Like 7

Guest Moonrain

Heo Joon Jae :wub:

By goodboySR

a85aad37gy1fcbci725f1g20bs0bsnpf.gifa85aad37gy1fca6on9kdqg20c00c0hdy.gif

Cr: Logo

I should watch City Hunter again, Mino's effortlessly flawless when doing action scenes :wub:

Spoiler

e3970d78gy1fc3fh14fqpg20dw086hdx.gife3970d78gy1fc3fwatyddg20ci0cib2d.gif