[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

18 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

Yes! Definitely! :) i think they will have a beach wedding, with all of their loved ones. After that, dirty love. Then a very cute little HJJ will be born. Then another dirty love... a witty adorable little chungie will be born. Then dirty love, again and again! Lol! ( i am day dreaming) lmao

hahahha this is so utopic in Korean Dramas but soooo beautiful dream :wub:

• Like 4

Everyone is giving good suggestions of what we want to see for our OTP, so I won’t repeat.

Here are some other things that would be nice to see:

Finish the Joseon story with ND, CH, and Ajusshi and the scroll

Why Joseon ND is paying back honor to KDR

How KDR saved the officer’s father who was falsely accused

Joseon Tao-oh--is he a swordsman, the best in the country, from Japan?

Joseon Fashionista

What happened at Hercules Tower

Joon-jae’s mom’s story

JJ, ND, and TO get new jobs

Nam-doo brings Homeless Fashionista back out from bankruptcy

Yoo-na’s story                                                                                                             

A new nickname from Nam-doo

JJ and SC together in the upper room

New release of “The Mermaid Story” as a single

• Like 8

Guest Moonrain
50 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

Yes! Definitely! :) i think they will have a beach wedding, with all of their loved ones. After that, dirty love. Then a very cute little HJJ will be born. Then another dirty love... a witty adorable little chungie will be born. Then dirty love, again and again! Lol! ( i am day dreaming) lmao

Lol this is like the ultimate dream of all lobsters!!! If only :ph34r:

2 hours ago, 1ouise said:

@nika94@briseis, and I (any others?) have been waiting for the mermaids to be revealed. 

I thought JJ’s mom would be a mermaid, but now I think it might be his grandmother.  KDR spent his time by the sea when he was at his grandparent’s house.  They lived by the sea because grandma needed it.  This would make KDR’s mom (and JJ’s) part mermaid, and KDR/JJ would also be part mer.

I think that the caretaker/professor gets his mermaid knowledge from the real lives of KDR’s grandparents—the real story that JJ’s mom told him over and over when he was a kid.  Maybe he knew them personally.  This real tale, where they live happily (without death and/or bubbles), has been called The Legend of the Blue Sea.

Maybe the caretaker himself has mermaid origins, but it seems like Yoo-na definitely does.

Can't wait for mom to find out SC is a mermaid!

Interesting theory :)

"1) HJJ witnessing SC as a mermaid. It's not fair that he hasn't seen how beautiful she is as a mermaid. It's unfair!"

@mythicalove 

i think HJJ has seen her. His memories came back and one of the flashback scenes is when SC was in mermaid form undersea kissing HJJ. He mentioned that to SC that he knows she was the mermaid who saved him. 

But yes I think it would be nice to see her turn into mermaid form again in front of HJJ. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Kris Silva said:

"1) HJJ witnessing SC as a mermaid. It's not fair that he hasn't seen how beautiful she is as a mermaid. It's unfair!"

@mythicalove 

i think HJJ has seen her. His memories came back and one of the flashback scenes is when SC was in mermaid form undersea kissing HJJ. He mentioned that to SC that he knows she was the mermaid who saved him. 

But yes I think it would be nice to see her turn into mermaid form again in front of HJJ. 

Yes, he has seen her through his memories but it's more satisfying for him to witness her as a mermaid now, since her loves wholeheartedly. I want him to be mesmerized by her beauty as a mermaid. This show must give me this, because I have been waiting for it all along. 

12 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Everyone is giving good suggestions of what we want to see for our OTP, so I won’t repeat.

Here are some other things that would be nice to see:

Finish the Joseon story with ND, CH, and Ajusshi and the scroll

Why Joseon ND is paying back honor to KDR

How KDR saved the officer’s father who was falsely accused

Joseon Tao-oh--is he a swordsman, the best in the country, from Japan?

Joseon Fashionista

What happened at Hercules Tower

Joon-jae’s mom’s story

JJ, ND, and TO get new jobs

Nam-doo brings Homeless Fashionista back out from bankruptcy

Yoo-na’s story                                                                                                             

A new nickname from Nam-doo

JJ and SC together in the upper room

New release of “The Mermaid Story” as a single

I love everything you listed. Unfortunately, I think with one hour left, we will not get to see all of what you asked. I'll be happy if they hit upon a few of those points.

-----------------

I am seriously feeling depressed. I am dying here because I know I have to let go. You guys will hear more of this from me. I cope with this depression by expressing my feelings. I want to cry. I'm dramatic, I don't know what this drama has done to me, but I feel like without it, I have a hole in my heart. :bawling:

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

Yes, he has seen her through his memories but it's more satisfying for him to witness her as a mermaid now, since her loves wholeheartedly. I want him to be mesmerized by her beauty as a mermaid. This show must give me this, because I have been waiting for it all along. 

I love everything you listed. Unfortunately, I think with one hour left, we will not get to see all of what you asked. I'll be happy if they hit upon a few of those points.

-----------------

I am seriously feeling depressed. I am dying here because I know I have to let go. You guys will hear more of this from me. I cope with this depression by expressing my feelings. I want to cry. I'm dramatic, I don't know what this drama has done to me, but I feel like without it, I have a hole in my heart. :bawling:

Oh well we can't do anything about it... we can all relate to your feelings. I as well will miss every bit of this drama. :( if only we could extend it to 10 more episodes... oh well :( i feel you

• Like 6

4 hours ago, 1ouise said:

@nika94@briseis, and I (any others?) have been waiting for the mermaids to be revealed. 

I thought JJ’s mom would be a mermaid, but now I think it might be his grandmother.  KDR spent his time by the sea when he was at his grandparent’s house.  They lived by the sea because grandma needed it.  This would make KDR’s mom (and JJ’s) part mermaid, and KDR/JJ would also be part mer.

I think that the caretaker/professor gets his mermaid knowledge from the real lives of KDR’s grandparents—the real story that JJ’s mom told him over and over when he was a kid.  Maybe he knew them personally.  This real tale, where they live happily (without death and/or bubbles), has been called The Legend of the Blue Sea.

Maybe the caretaker himself has mermaid origins, but it seems like Yoo-na definitely does.

Can't wait for mom to find out SC is a mermaid!

What you said makes sense to me.

I have said it before but I still want the writer to explain why Jun Jae's mom said "My son is from a wide and blue ocean". I really love this sentence that is why I keep looking for answer. :))  Why would Jun Jae's mom say that?!! Why would she say Jun jae is from a blue ocean?! 

Onlyyyyy 1 episode left. But the end of episode 19 gives off such magical and sad vibes.

Why did the writer tie  loose ends in episode 19?! She must something up in her sleeves. LoL :D  I would like to see the love story of our OTP for 1 hour WITHOUT any villain interference. :D:D:D

I am SUPER excited for the Final episodes. I think international fans and  Knetizens are both looking forward to seeing the final episode. There is even many articles talking about that. Knetizens keep asking for Happy ending. 

PS  I think we should really appreciate the writer because she all viewers wondering what happens in the end. Below the articles and Videos in Nave, there is so many comments. 

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Shakirah said:

@nika94 it's called  브로콜리 너마저 - 사랑한다는 말로도 위로가 되지  :blush:

What is this? :))) I tried to translate in Google but didn't understand.

@nika94  This is what I got: 

Even Broccoli, you're comforted by the fact that I love you.

Is that any help??

edit: It's the title of a pop song.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

What is this? :))) I tried to translate in Google but didn't understand.

@nika94  This is what I got: 

Even Broccoli, you're comforted by the fact that I love you.

Is that any help??

Do you know what is the meaning behind it?! Where did you find it?! Is this a comment?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kikyo1314 said:

As we are close to the end of this drama, we got so excited to see the rating continue to rise every episode. I do agree to all the praise that we have for JJ (LMH), but what about how SC (JJH). 

Our JJH worked so hard to bring our mermaid to alive and be the SC that everyone love and HJJ who is crazy in love with. She put a lot of hard work when she filing underwater scene and not to mention her years of action skills that is so natural that we just love love love to see our JJ and SC together. Perfect couple on screen. Just want to give some credit to JJH as the drama cannot be successful without the partnership and chemistry between the two lead characters. Doesn't matter how good/bad is the story line, the power of the good actors can make it great.

Our JJ&SC looks great and feel great on screen, love to see them together so much! One more episode,  can't wait to see the ending that they are preparing for  us.

Credit to owners 

My thoughts exactly! I agree that LMH is fantastic. What about JJH? I did not see people mentioning about JJH acting skills? There are nuances and confidence in her acting to be able to breath life into such a pure and innocent character that people often overlook. Unfortunately, her character was written to show mostly through her action (swimming in the water, fighting, physical strength) with subtle emotional expression. 

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images.
  • Like 13

43 minutes ago, farawayland said:

My thoughts exactly! I agree that LMH is fantastic. What about JJH? I did not see people mentioning about JJH acting skills? There are nuances and confidence in her acting to be able to breath life into such a pure and innocent character that people often overlook. Unfortunately, her character was written to show mostly through her action (swimming in the water, fighting, physical strength) with subtle emotional expression. 

JJH is fantastic! I could not think of anything of any other actress who could pull off her character better than her. She's the best! LMH and JJH are great actors and i could not ask for more. I just wish that LMH be more aggressive in their intimate scenes. :) (i just wish)... 

• Like 12

I'm feeling sad and depressed because we've only one episode left. Hope the ending will be unforgettable and satisfying. I think after LOTBS I'll take a break in watching Kdramas. LOTBS really made a big impact on me, I don't know why. JJH is now my favorite actress that I've watched all her movies. I disliked LMH because of Heirs but I ended up loving him again as HJJ. If they're both single, I think I'll be one of their shippers.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, shyguitar said:

JJH is fantastic! I could not think of anything of any other actress who could pull off her character better than her. She's the best! LMH and JJH are great actors and i could not ask for more. I just wish that LMH be more aggressive in their intimate scenes. :) (i just wish)... 

Somehow, I felt that LMH as HJJ for that "goodbye kiss" scene was perfect.  I loved the way MH expressed JJ's pain, sorrow and eternal love for SC just before the kiss as it reflected so much that you could even feel HJJ's exact feeling at that moment.  (LMH as an actor today has touched me so completely that I now know why I can never let him go as a fan) And how he selflessly gave her the freedom to choose as his love for her meant her decision was his as well.  I especially was so touched by that moment when SC lifted her mouth to his and he captured her lips so lovingly and so longingly as a true agonised lover would.  HJJ's love was so complete and true that it somehow wasnt that of this world. 

I also think that HJJ may be a descendant of mermaid/man but evolved over the centuries and no longer remember their roots nor can they turn into merman/mermaid anymore. HJJ's mom said certain things to him when SC was in hospital which leaves me wondering abt his ancestory and Mom's assurance & confidence in marriage and babies between mermaids and man.  

So, I am in as much "agony" as all you lobsters are while waiting to see how our OTP will end up but I really hope like @Moonrain said will not see an ending like Faith where they wasted years of their youth in separation and reunited later with them staring at each other as an ending.  And like @Kris Silva said also, yes it would be really nice to see SC turn into a mermaid before HJJ instead of his memories.

Nevertheless, a happy ending is all I am asking for. 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, shyguitar said:

Your dream is on the right track!!!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, mythicalove said:

@1ouise I wonder if that is the writer's intentions. That would be a magical touch so hopefully she thinks they way you do.

That being said, I would be satisfied even if she doesn't go that far. I feel there must be more to the story that his mother told. Somehow, there's seems to be truth behind the legend, that it actually did happen and it's something closer to her than just a story she heard from someone. But it could very well just be a legend that she is passing down to HJJ and nothing more. So I'll just take what the writer gives me. 

A few things I am waiting on to see in episode 20:

1) HJJ witnessing SC as a mermaid. It's not fair that he hasn't seen how beautiful she is as a mermaid. It's unfair!  

2) Another kiss, a happy one. 

I'm going to miss seeing so many articles and reports on this drama. I think I'll go into hibernation once It ends. 

I love all the nice praises for LMH. I am happy that he has shown himself a worthy actor through this project. To me, he has truly given his all and went above and beyond. He said so at the beginning that he is trying his best to the point where he feels like he is dying. LMH, your hard work has truly paid off. 

I can't help but highlight that particular comment from Knetz. That is exactly how I feel towards LMH. My love for him is longer than my life. Try as I may, I can never get over him. Three years he went without a drama and he manages to come back into my life and steal my heart like none others with one drama. This is his effect on me. I will eagerly wait for his return to screen. I am going to miss him like crazy. 

@mythicalove  +10000000 

Yeeeeeeeessssssss to Number 1

I also have said it before that I want Jun Jae to see Shim Chung in her true beautiful mermaid form. Nam do saw her!! Why not her lover???:bawling: After all, this is a Mermaid-story!! The hero has to see the mermaid at least once!! Don't you think the writer can create an unforgettable and jaw-droppingly romantic scene for when Jun Jae sees Chung as a mermaid?? She is a mermaid!! But Jun Jae hasn't seen her as a mermaid but just a human. :bawling:

I also am gonna miss the article and also translating comments. :bawling:

PS  the sad thing for me is LBS is over next week and also we have  to wait for Lee Min Ho 2 come back.... :((

@mythicalove   I want more than 1 kiss!! :D:D:D

• Like 9

@mythicaloveI know how you feel chingu.  Hugs.  LBS is the first drama where I was active (for me) in a thread.  I am and will continue to watch other K-dramas, but I won't read or comment in the threads.  The worst is that we know it's going to be a long time before we see LMH in another drama.  By the way, you're in SoCal, right?  don't you have the SBS station via cable?  Fortunately, I will get 4 more weeks of watching LBS on TV.  

40 minutes ago, nika94 said:

Chungie told Cha Sia "you can grow old with the person you like".

What does it mean?? Can Chung not grow old?? She isn't vampire, right? :D:D

When Chungie said that to Cha Sia, I think that the former already knew that she had to return to the sea.  She regrets that she can't grow old with HJJ.  That's my interpretation.  And no, I don't think Chungie half mermaid half vampire LOL

• Like 5