[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Hello!!! It was an amazing episode!!! Wowww

But chingus, don't worry!! It was not SC who was hurt... if you see the coat, the collar is very different to the one SC is using... i believe it was Ma Dae Young the one who protected Joon Jae!! ... maybe he want some redemption for his and his family's sins

• Like 7

Friend:

tumblr_ojzehonYpL1w2zf0ho1_540.png

@mythicalove  Yes, I have faith in Nam-doo.

"Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things.  If you have faith you hope for things which are not seen, which are true."

Can't wait to have Ajusshi wake up!

Also hoping Chungie's mermaid super-recuperative powers help her if she has been shot.

• Like 10

I'm still hung over the gunshot scene lmao. I guess the way I unconciously held my breath in shock proved how much of an impact this drama has on me haha

I am part of the audience who believes that SC was indeed the one who threw herself in front of HJJ and was shot in the back. That's the way it is supposed to be. Had another person been shot, the flashbacks of KDR and SW dying in the ocean by the hand of CH's past self would not make sense at all and would decrease the dramatic effect of "fate repeating itself". So yes, I believe that SC was indeed shot

To shed some positive light on the fact that she was shot, I do think that she will live. I don't mean it to sound bad, but I believe it is better that it is SC who took the bullet rather than HJJ. If we go back to the tale about mermaids, it is said that their heart continues to beat if their human lover loves them back. In the past, it is KDR who got hurt. Try as she may, there was nothing SW could do to the bring him back to life. KDR's heart was human and didn't work like that of a mermaid's that needed a lover's love to beat. KDR was bound to die. Now in the present, it is SC who is hurt. Going back to the episode where SC got into a car accident and her heart stopped beating at the hospital, HJJ came right in time and his love "breathed life back into her". Her heart beat again and even the doctors were shocked. Fast forward to the present and remembering the tale about how a mermaid's heart beats because of their lover's love, I do believe that SC will survive by the strong will of HJJ. I believe that HJJ's love will breathe life into her once more. Believe in the mermaid's tale, guys :heart:

• Like 11

LEGEND OF THE BLUE SEA AND SCARLET HEART BEAT RIVALS DESCENDANTS OF THE SUN AND GOBLIN AS THE TOP KOREAN DRAMAS OF 2016

Despite fierce competition from other high profile dramas, ONE’s 2016 epic showstoppers Legend of the Blue Sea and Scarlet Heart were the undisputed new darlings of Korean entertainment.

In Malaysia, the average rating of Legend of the Blue Sea was three times the average rating of rival Descendants of the Sun and more than 10 times the average rating of Goblin1

The series performed equally well in Singapore, with both Legend of the Blue Sea and Scarlet Heart doubling the average ratings of Love in the Moonlight and Goblin2.

http://k-popped.com/2017/01/legend-of-the-blue-sea-and-scarlet-heart-beat-rivals-descendants-of-the-sun-and-goblin-as-the-top-korean-dramas-of-2016/

• Like 14

I will curse at JND if I have to later but with all due respect, he really came through today and deserves a big apology from all of us except @1ouise. He proved that tangerines don't mean anything in this drama other than product placement. Hahaha. 

25 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

OMG the top comment hit +10.847 upvotes , knets must be crazy :w00t: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000229195&gid=999339&cid=1054217

It is 11,452 as of right now. The reaction to this episode is daebak! 

@Moonrain I will take the real time ratings as a grain of salt. I can't get my hopes up only to be disappointed when the actual ratings come out. The beginning few episodes were like that.

36 minutes ago, sussieh said:

Hello!!! It was an amazing episode!!! Wowww

But chingus, don't worry!! It was not SC who was hurt... if you see the coat, the collar is very different to the one SC is using... i believe it was Ma Dae Young the one who protected Joon Jae!! ... maybe he want some redemption for his and his family's sins

@sussieh if only MDY had a heart like that lol. Unfortunately, I think that's the last thing we can hope for. I don't even think he's on site to be able to do that anyway. 

@alleram95 I'm always thankful for your translation. 

The conversation between SC and HJJ was so sad. The things we wish we could have said and could have done with the people we love before they pass is perfectly delivered in those lines. What a heartfelt, real, and raw scene. 

@puppy8888 beautifully said!!!! Absolutely agree with everything you said! 

• Like 11

Guest Moonrain
31 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Around one and half hour after the news about LOTBS released, the most "like" were over ten thousand. That's saying sorry to Nam Do.

cr LOTBS official Weibo account

were all saying sorry to Namdoo, but now that i think about it esp with the translation from @alleram95 could this be just a ploy to make Joon Jae believe in him then stab him in the back tomorrow's episode. Chungie is a bigger fish compared to Joon Jae's wealth. Namdoo will be a hundred times richer if he sells Chung :blink:

1 minute ago, Moonrain said:

were all saying sorry to Namdoo, but now that i think about it esp with the translation from @alleram95 could this be just a ploy to make Joon Jae believe in him then stab him in the back tomorrow's episode. Chungie is a bigger fish compared to Joon Jae's wealth. Namdoo will be a hundred times richer if he sells Chung :blink:

I believe what he is saying to CH is still part of the con.  We'll see.  What is real and what is fake??

Could ND be helping Ajusshi with the scroll in the past?

• Like 6

Guest Moonrain
13 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

@Moonrain I will take the real time ratings as a grain of salt. I can't get my hopes up only to be disappointed when the actual ratings come out. The beginning few episodes were like that.

Yup i wonder why the percentage at the ending plunged when it was the most intense scene? hhhmmmm :unsure:

1 hour ago, alleram95 said:

I still can't trust ND 100%. Hmm, he might be acting towards CH but who knows if he is also acting towards Joon Jae? He have another plan that no one knows... 

CH: Jo Nam Doo-ssi?
ND: Yes? But how do you know about my name?
CH: Can we talk for a moment?

CH: Since Joonjae did something unusual as his job, I did some research about him because I’m worried
ND: Ah really?
CH: And then I knew about you. You are quite different with Joon Jae. Joon Jae was scamming people who hid their money because it’s dirty money, but that’s not what you taught him to do. In other meaning, you are just a criminal/thief
ND: Well, I won’t deny it. So what about it?
CH: It means that tomorrow, no even today you can be locked up inside the jail (?). What should I do with you? Will you listen to me or should I keep in check (?) about you?
ND: Why are you talking in banmal (informal way of speech) to me? You can say it friendlier. I’m always on the side of people with more money. I heard that you will receive all of the inheritance from your father. You didn’t have to blackmail or threaten me like this. The money you will get is an enough reason that I will side with you. What do you want me to do?
CH: I will erase Joon Jae
ND: Where?
CH: Wherever it is. I will tell you later
ND: Actually, there is something that I want really to have. But if Joon Jae is disappeared, then it will easier for me to have it. Okay. When Chung came (to Joon Jae’s life) our job is in disarray but let’s do it. My relationship with him is a relationship that will end one day

Ok, this line gave me the chills! I am thanking ND today but will I have to curse at him tomorrow?! Or is this the writer's way of trolling us until the end? Lol. 

If ND has any bad intentions, he may have very well used CH to do his dirty work instead. If it is true, he took the chances and hoped that CH would kill HJJ and he wouldn't have to get his hands stained. 

Yes, it may be all for an act to make CH trust him but why do I have the feeling that there is truth behind what he is saying? 

Goodness, ND will forever remain suspicious to me. :wacko: The writer is great at keeping our attention, isn't she? I feel like I've never been on a rollercoaster ride with this many twists and turns. Bravo to her! 

@Moonrain I reckon the ratings at the end was when they played the previews to the next drama. 

• Like 5

i am pretty sure it's SC who went towards JJ. SC had black coat with black fur. it was definitely her, no doubt.

the question now is,

whether JH was able to shoot JJ or someone was able to apprehend JH before he could hit JJ.

i'm hoping it's the detective (DP). please let JH die. ppali! lol

as for ND, i don't think he'll turn bad after that scene. he already had the opportunity. but he didn't betray JJ/SC.

ND is a conman. i don't think he'll be that stupid just to let his greed overwhelm him. sure, he has done attempts but i have not seen any conclusions yet to his actions. and he surely knows where he'll go if he attempts to turn things around. they've been working closely with the police.

• Like 5

Last translation for episode 18 from me

SC and JJ conversation inside the car

SC: Joon Jae, I think I have seen something

HJJ: When you came to stay beside me, you have to experience a hard time like this, see something bad that you shouldn’t have and to think that you can remember it… I’m a little bit upset
SC: Well to me it’s nice that I can help and protect you
HJJ: You want to protect me?
SC:  Why? Do you think I can’t? When I came to the land for the first time, it’s true that I didn’t know anything, but I quite competent when I lived in the sea
HJJ: You did?
SC: Of course. I’m one of the precious mermaids in this world. Do you know how hard it was for us when we have to hide ourselves from human when they swam inside the sea? People aren’t even afraid that they will be killed by sharks. It’s hard for us to stay alive
HJJ: What will happen to you if you meet with sharks?
SC: If I fight with sharks, I will win
HJJ: Really? My woman is a strong one
SC: You smiled. I’ll keep making you smile in the future too
HJJ: I’ll protect you. I’ll make you smile. These sentences should be said by man, you know?
SC: I’ll protect you. I’ll make you smile
HJJ: My dummy won’t listen to what I say

SC and JJ converation inside his room 

HJJ: Sleep here (with me) tonight
SC: Even though Ma Dae Young memories have been erased, but he keeps remembering about the mermaid
HJJ: Yeah
SC: I think Ma Dae Young thinks more about mermaid than Dam Ryung
HJJ: Se Hwa is pretty even when she is talking. Her face, her action is great too. I want to think that you are someone who has a same face like her
SC: What’s wrong with you really?
SC: You know, do you think everything in the past will repeat itself again?
HJJ: Why?
SC: Actually when I was erasing MDY’s memories, I saw someone’s face
HJJ: Who?
SC: The one who threw the harpoon that killed us wasn’t MDY
HJJ: What do you mean?
SC: It’s another person who threw it. I saw his face
HJJ: Who is it?
SC: Someone that we knew

I do too want to believe that ND is a good person... but his past actions towards SC, his greed about money... I can't help but suspicious towards him. Can Chief Nam dream be revealed in a whole? I'm so curious what happened in his past life... :crazy:

Can we assume that 1 villain down with KJY caught by the police? CH will soon be captured. Where did MDY go when the police were searching for evidence in HJJ's father house?

• Like 11