[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

hi all LOBS fans! i know this is not related to Legend of the Blue Sea, but I just wanted to say I've have recently gained greater appreciation of Jun Ji Hyun's excellent acting skills! 

A while ago we spoke about You From Another Star/My Love From Another Star in this forum...the show staring JJH and Kim Soo Hyun. I've been seeing some comparisons between that show and LOBS on dramabeans so I decided to watch YFAS and managed to complete 10 episodes so far. I am really loving JJH's character Cheon Song Yi and she just cracks me up with her gutsiness and her boldness... and I realised how versatile she is as an actress because Cheon Song Yi is so different from Sim Chung as a character, yet JJH is able to portray both characters so convincingly and so movingly. 

Not sure if there are any fans of YFAS in this forum... if there are, here are my mid-season thoughts on the YFAS: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/my-love-from-the-star-you-who-came-from-the-stars-mid-season-thoughts/

On a separate note, can't wait for this week's episode of LOBS! esp the mummy-son reunion :)

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, heroonthebeach said:

hi all LOBS fans! i know this is not related to Legend of the Blue Sea, but I just wanted to say I've have recently gained greater appreciation of Jun Ji Hyun's excellent acting skills! 

A while ago we spoke about You From Another Star/My Love From Another Star in this forum...the show staring JJH and Kim Soo Hyun. I've been seeing some comparisons between that show and LOBS on dramabeans so I decided to watch YFAS and managed to complete 10 episodes so far. I am really loving JJH's character Cheon Song Yi and she just cracks me up with her gutsiness and her boldness... and I realised how versatile she is as an actress because Cheon Song Yi is so different from Sim Chung as a character, yet JJH is able to portray both characters so convincingly and so movingly. 

Not sure if there are any fans of YFAS in this forum... if there are, here are my mid-season thoughts on the YFAS: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/my-love-from-the-star-you-who-came-from-the-stars-mid-season-thoughts/

On a separate note, can't wait for this week's episode of LOBS! esp the mummy-son reunion :)

Yup she's really great! She can also do melo... try Berlin file... CSY is my fave character she portrayed... but I also loved Shim cheong... I think they compared the 2 characters bec they're both funny and sassy....I've been a fan since her sassy girl days.. and just got reignited after mlfts....

• Like 10

Sorry of this is posted before:

Ep 16 Text Preview

"혹시... 강지현이라는 분 아세요? 같은 고등학교 나오셨던데.."

다시 만나게 된 준재와 유란은 서로 못 다 한 이야기를 나누고,  강지현에 대해 궁금해하던 남두는 유란에게 강지현에 대해 묻는다.

한편, 치현은 서희에게 자신의 친아버지에 대해 캐묻기 시작하는데...

Interpretation from translation sites (not 100% accurate, sorry for many mistakes)

"By any chance.. Do you know whose named(called) Kang JiHyeon? We graduated from same highschool.."

JoonJae and YooRan meet again and share each other all of their stories,   NamDoo, who was wondering (curious) about Kang Ji Hyeon, asks YooRan about Kang JiHyeon.

On the other hand, ChiHyeon starts asking (questioning) SeoHee (ChiHyeon's mom) about his biological father...

• Like 10

I found this on Weibo, don't know where the original Japanese writing was from :

"イ・ミンホさんは寝てないで撮影しても笑顔でおはようって言ってくれる優しい先輩です。
SBS演技大賞でもチョン・ジヒョンさんが来れなかったので、
シンくんを舞台の上に一緒に連れてってくれたんですね。
そしてシンくんの目標は「いつか自分が賞をとって舞台に立ちたい」
頑張って〜〜〜シンくん〜〜〜きっとシンくんなら大丈夫です。
たくさんのドラマに出演して、イ・ミンホさんみたいに、存在感ある優しい先輩になってください

a604511cjw1fbm6zl6xx4j20m80go410.jpg

cr wettedO

My English translation :

Lee Min Ho ssi is a kindhearted sunbae who always say good morning with smiles at the filming locations even without sleeping.
Because Jun Ji Hyun sunbae could not attend SBS Awards Ceremony,
(Lee Min Ho) took Shin together to the stage.
So, the target of Shin is "Stand on the stage for my own award some day".
Fighting~~~Shin~~~if Shin, that's definitely no problem.
More drama works, like Lee Min Ho ssi, have particular sense of presence and be a kindhearted sunbae.

• Like 11

[Preview] "The Legend of the Blue Sea" Will Lee Min-ho find out the truth about Lee Ji-hoon-I?

photo806136.jpg

The preview of the fifteenth episode of the drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" is out.

Naver TV Cast released the preview on the 9th. The writing on the preview says, "Lee Min-ho, there's a place to rob because of a bad gut feeling, my father's home".

On the fourteenth episode, Cheong (Jeon Ji-hyeon) invited Mo Yoo-ran (Nah Yeong-hee) to her house for her birthday party and Heo Joon-jae (Lee Min-ho) was able to meet his mother.

For her birthday, Sim Cheong asks Lee Min-ho for a kiss as a birthday present.

Jo Nam-du (Lee Hee-joon) then asks Mo Yoo-ran about Kang Seo-hee (Hwang Sin-hye) and she is shocked. Heo Joon-jae then realizes Heo Chi-hyeon (Lee Ji-hoon-I) might be planning to kill him and is threatening his father Heo Il-joong (Choi Jeong-woo). Heo Joon-jae goes over to Heo Il-joong's house with Jo Nam-du and Tae-oh (Sin Won-ho). He says, "We have a place to rob guys. My father's home. Let's search for evidence and reveal everything".

source: http://www.hancinema.net/preview-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-will-lee-min-ho-find-out-the-truth-about-lee-ji-hoon-i--102298.html

• Like 12

Hi Lobsters on the eve of our favorite drama

Wah, these last posts make me feel sad that the drama is coming to an end.  I would settle for 1 episode a week just to extend it a while longer.  I have become spoiled seeing them every week.  Maybe our best/favorite game after the drama will help a little because you may need to rewatch some of the episodes.  You don't need to have an answer for every category; it's just for fun.  I hope I can read my notes later lol.  They are literally on a half sheet of paper with other notes.  

• Like 10

Hello LOBSTERSSSSS!

Today is another glorious day because we will see our OTP again haha. I am looking forward to seeing how fast this thread will fly later hahaha. Ahhhh I can't wait to see them again haha

@heroonthebeach

I agree with you on all points there, chingu. JJH is suchhhhh a VERSATILE actress. Her skills are amazing. I'm not saying this out of bias because she's my favortie Korean actress, but I do believe that it is only her who could pull off the roles she is given. She can do serious melodramas and I personally think that she is the only one who can get away with acting like a completely crazy person, pull it off NATURALLY without looking forced, and still look beautiful and classy while doing those hilarious scenes. Only JJH can pull it off, as other people say hahaha. Of course, comparisions cannot be prevented. YFAS is also a JJH romcom with the same writer as LOTBS. But JJH is so skilled that you can clearly see the LINE that separates CSY and SC / SW; they feel like completely different people even though they're portrayed by the same beautiful face. That is just pure awesomeness :)

• Like 15

Lobsters!!

Have you seen the NEW stills?? Look at Chung's expression. She looks serious!! What does it mean?? What is CH telling Chung?? Usually, Shim Chung has cute expression when she talks 2 CH. But this time, she looks a bit either mad, surprised or serious. 

What do you guys think? The new stills are kinda scary!!

Pink Hoe Jun Jae :wub:

Credit: as tagged

• Like 7