[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

52 minutes ago, ilwoo_aein said:

‘푸른 바다’ 무술 감독, 이민호 액션 완벽하다

>> LOBS' martial arts Director, "Lee Minho's action is perfect"

LOBS' martial arts Director Yang Kil Young praise Lee Minho's action performance.

source: http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1103550

The following is translated by Google :

Lee Min Ho of SBS drama 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' received a praise for action acting from Yang Kil-young, director of martial arts.

Lee Min-ho is currently playing a leading role in the Hyunryong-dong area of Gangwon-do in the Joseon Dynasty and in the case of Joonjae, the genius of the genius. Especially, he was able to record the top of drama topic and actor brand reputation part by introducing mermaid, shim chung,

Above all, Lee Min-ho plays the secrets surrounding the marriage ceremony, the seriousness that leads to tight tension when trying to find Madae-young, and the sadness with the romantic sumptuous tongue- In addition to this, he is equipped with exciting action, and he is saving more than 100% of the character of Huh Joonjae. He received praise of action acting from Yang Kil-young's martial arts director.

Yang Ji-young said, "Lee Min-ho has been working with the City Hunter and Faith in this drama as well. I realize that the motivation is really different and the basic act of acting is a solid actor. This time, not only in Spain, but also in the green tea field, and in the lungs, the action was also possible because of it, thanks to the audience's favorable comments, "he said.

Yang said, "In particular, Mr. Minho is so tall that it is not easy to use the band, so you are digesting all the action scenes," he said. "Every scene is lively, especially when he wears uniforms and swords In his flamboyant movements at that time, he raised his thumbs up, saying, "I can see the admiration of being 'cool' and 'handsome'."

In addition, Lee Min-ho is intensely touched by the intense eyes that overwhelm him when he plays the action, but he attracts the attention by making the atmosphere more cheerful by laughing at the house or at any shooting including the ski club and ski resort. In the making film released by the production crew, he is singing alone while preparing for the filming, the kiss scene with his opponent actor Jeon Hyun, and an exciting smile in the midst of acting with actors including Shin Hae Joon, It is not always.

The drama 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' said, "Lee Min-ho is an actor who has immense immersion in all acting including action." He said, "When you shoot or wait for a film, even the staff you meet for a long time, I am pleased to have a laugh, so I can not wait to become a fan. "

On the other hand, Lee Min Ho predicted that he will perform even better as he won the Best Couple Award and Fantasy Drama Best Acting Award at SBS 2016 SAF performance on December 31, 2016.

The Legend of the Blue Sea, which Lee Minho, who brought out the praise of the martial arts director, is on the verge of extinction, and the last mermaid on the planet will meet the genius scammers of the city and enjoy laughter and fun through unforeseen events, It is a romance drama. It gives a new experience to viewers by spreading stories of past and present. It is broadcasted on SBS-TV at 10:00 every Wednesday and Thursday night.

• Like 10

Hello to my fellow Lobsters! :heart:

When Nam Do found out SC is a mermaid, and demands that she cry since she sheds pearls, gave me a bad vibe to his intentions. Almost like MDY in Joseon time. I don't like his intentions at all. I love his humor when he is around our guys, but when he is alone, he is scary. Like a wolf within a sheep's skin. Good thing SC erased his memories, but all it takes is persistence to keep picking at it. Sooner or later, he will remember it. And by then, I think things would have already gotten really complicated. He would just be adding fuel to it.

Or, I can be wrong. He will never remember it, and end of that story. But I have a feeling, it won't be that way. Something is up with that scene. Because Nam Do keeps picking at it, like deja vu+ nostalgia. Both combinations are never good.

Also, one interesting fact, and I hope my site subbed it correctly: the scene where MDY is with the doctor, and he tries what HJJ did, and says that it wasn't him who killed them. Now, that got me thinking. For sure, he shot that harpoon, but if he claims it wasn't him, then who was it? I suddenly think that what if the story doesn't end there. What if we haven't been shown that the brother was also in the Joseon time, but as a different person? What if he killed them? On that ship, what if it was his harpoon that killed them, and MDY's harpoon actually missed? Have any of you guys watched Rooftop Prince, the one starring YooChun. Now, I remember, we didn't see the evil guy in Joseon time until the very last episode. So, if MDY claims from his memories that it wasn't him who killed them, then who could have? Could it have been Nam Do or the brother, as a different role in Joseon time? I am just so curious as to why that claim was made.

I really love it now that SC finally realized JJ has been able to hear her voice. Now, the plot will only thicken, and our couple must be able to face what comes next together. He will for sure protect SC this time around and I can already see it coming, the intensity and desperation to protect his love this time around. But will it be enough to stop what happened in the last life, from happening again? What will be the price this time around? The thing about rebirth in this drama is that it almost seems like nothing is what it may seem to be, except with our main couple here. Who really is the bad guy here? And who is the one that really want them..separated or worse, dead?

The first scene, that heart-wrenching crying scene when JJ realized he couldn't protect SH..awwwwwww..I wanted to comfort him. Had me crying too with him.

HJJ...you handsome man, how dare you make me cry too? big-hug.gifSmiley_blowing_kisses02.gifblowing_a_kiss-2715.gifI love you.

We love you. Yes. Yes. We know. You love SC. Fine. We love LMH then :wub:

@mythicalove Chingu, I rewatched episode 13. I know why they were reborn as mermaid and human again. It is really sweet and enduring. It was their way of keeping their love just as it was, with no changes and as a promise to remember each other, and find each other again, and love each other. Really sweet. I now believe they are the same soul. SC is SH and HJJ is KDR. One soul. Same deep love. And of course, I cried again watching that sweet heart breaking death scene :tears:

• Like 10

“The Legend Of The Blue Sea” Is Full Speed Ahead With New Twists And Developments

C1ZAwIAUcAAiE12.jpg

With just three weeks left until the drama finale, “The Legend of the Blue Sea” is going strong, despite an episode postponement last week for a special broadcast.

The drama is maintaining its spot as the No. 1 Wednesday-Thursday drama. The fourth episode, which aired on January 4, recorded 18.7 percent viewership in the Seoul metropolitan area and 17.8 percent worldwide, with the most-watched scene going as high as 21.8 percent.

With new twists, abilities, and life-and-death stakes, the story is moving full-speed ahead; writer Park Ji Eun is masterfully spinning a story with the characters’ past and present lives for an unpredictable conclusion.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/04/legend-blue-sea-full-speed-ahead-new-twists-developments/

• Like 9

“The Legend of the Blue Sea” Filming Sites Uncovered!

With top hallyu stars Lee Min-ho and Jeon Ji-hyeon as the main cast, the fantasy romance drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" has been at the center of attention. Based on the love story of a mermaid in Korea's first written folktale series "Eowuyadam," "The Legend of the Blue Sea" follows the series of events of a mermaid, who can love someone only once in a lifetime, as she falls in love with a human being. The drama portrays how the past and present lives of Lee Min-ho (Dam-ryeong in the past, present name Jun-jae) and Jeon Ji-hyun (Se-hwa in the past, present name Sim-cheong) are intertwined with each other in a comical and lovable way. Continue on to discover the main filming sites where their love story unfolds!

Read more here:

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=2470332

------------------------------------------------------------

Fans visited the filming sites and made their own versions of the scene from LOTBS:)

legend_of_the_blue_sea_hangang.png

• Like 9

“The Legend Of The Blue Sea” Martial Arts Director Praises Lee Min Ho For His Action Scenes

C1ZeAjrXEAIFasn.jpg

Even the staff of “The Legend of the Blue Sea” are becoming Lee Min Ho’s fans.

The actor, who plays Dam Ryeong and Heo Joon Jae in the drama, has earned praise for his superb action scenes from the drama’s martial arts director, Yang Gil Young.

Director Yang said, “I’ve worked with Lee Min Ho for ‘Faith’ and ‘City Hunter’ too, and every time I look at him, his athleticism is really outstanding. I also realized that he has a strong grasp of basic action skills.”

He continued, “It’s not just in Spain, but also places like the tea fields and the abandoned building. It’s all because of him that the action scenes were possible, and it’s also thanks to him that the viewers have been giving rave reviews.”

“Especially in Lee Min Ho’s case, since he’s so tall, it’s hard to use a double. Because of this, he does all the action scenes himself. The action scenes come alive, especially when he’s in the governor’s uniform and wielding his sword in flashy movements. It made me exclaim, ‘so cool,’ and ‘so handsome’,” said the director as he gave a thumbs up.

His charisma during action scenes may be overwhelming, but the actor is actually a moodmaker on set. In the making film released by the production team, he’s seen humming to himself as he waits, or laughing with his co-stars.

A staff from the drama was also full of praise for the actor, saying, “Lee Min Ho is an actor that is able to immerse himself instantly into all his scenes, including action scenes. Whether he’s filming or just waiting for his turn, he shows concern and courtesy to everyone, even staff whom he only sees once in a while. Together with his smile that brightens up the atmosphere, one can’t help but become his fan immediately.”

Wouldn’t it be awesome to work with this man just once?

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/05/legend-blue-sea-martial-arts-director-praises-lee-min-ho-action-scenes/

• Like 10

About the doctor and village chief: I have the impression that he is against the idea that a human should love and live with a mermaid. In the past, he told the greedy Yang many secrets about mermaids (the love between a boy and a mermaid, her skill to erase memories aso). In the present, he adviced HJJ to send her back. He explained that there could be two reasons for that tragic ending: either his love for the mermaid or greed. Yet, you can sense that for him both are connected to the mermaid. He doesn't want her to be around humans. This is the reason why he is helping MDY.

This leads me to the identity of the true murderer. We all thought, it was MDY and we were misled. Then in the last episode, we see CH turned into a greedy and coldhearted liar. But maybe this is again a red herring... IT could be another person: ND. We shouldn't forget that the doctor mentioned that greed could be the cause for the sad love story. ND is really greedy. We could see it from the start. Sure, he became close to HJJ, however he has always acted behind HJJ's back, like for example with CSA. He revealed her many things. ND promised that he would look for HJJ's mother but have we seen him looking for her until now? No, not really because HJJ had told him, he would work with him, until he finds his mother. HJJ is the one with the brain and ND has always realised that he needed HJJ's help in order to con people. Since SC is there, HJJ has changed and the latter has already mentioned that he wanted to quit conning people. Finally, HJJ is about to find his mother. Imagine, HJJ has now no reason to work with ND any longer and the latter will become "jobless". However, ND loves money and he can't live without it. We could witness how easily ND would betray HJJ so easily, when he discovered SC's secret. He had no problem to use her in order to get rich.  

• Like 17

3 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Secondly, yes, please! Hahaha. Are we in lobster land or gutter land? Hahahaha. Perhaps we are in lobster land but our minds have entered the gutter lol.

LOLLLL, how about lobsters living in the gutter?  :w00t: Like you all, I'm expecting something good coming out of that kabedon (Japanese description of pinning someone to the wall).

--- Episode 14's thoughts ---

I'm puzzle how/why the police isn't requesting the doctor's cooperation to capture Ma Dae Young. I'm puzzle why Joon Jae knows doctor is lying and covers for him. I'm puzzle with the doctor completely--his advice is so neutral that I can't put him under the "evil/villain" category, but it bugs me how he's so casually conversing with a murderer and have no fear whatsoever, and then of course it bugs me that he didn't turn him in.

As for Chi Hyun, woah, I like the twist. But I still want to believe there is good in him even though it seems like he's gonna strangle the ahjussi in tonight's episode. I want to believe that he's still a freshman in being evil and that he might not fully join the dark side, but if he kills, then it's past the point of no return.

As for Nam Doo, geeee, must say I'm disappointed in his reactions. I always find him a materialistic character from the beginning but I had hope he had grown some love or fondness towards Cheongie that he would take the Mermaid matter more seriously, and be a trusted hyung/oppa to both Cheongie and Joon Jae. Perhaps Cheongie will have better luck the 3rd time.

Lastly, this "protect" matter is going to be a huge challenge for Joon Jae. In his past life, he only needs to protect one. Now he not only has Cheongie to protect, but also his clueless parents, and he is fighting against Kang Seo Hee/Ji Yeon, Ma Dae Young and Chi Hyun. Uri Joon Jae needs all the help he can get from Tae Ho, Nam Doo and the police. Luckily, I think he stands a better chance to win in the present than the past, and it is a comfort to know that present mermaid is smarter and can protect herself better than past mermaid.

• Like 15

Hi all! Have been a silent lurker but finally decided to join discussions!

I really like the child actress she has great chemistry with the whole cast. 

CH being evil is indeed a nice twist but just not convincing enough. I'm afraid the actor just can't pull off that kind of role (yet). Looking forward to today's episode!

• Like 9