[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Like you guys, I am also extremely disappointed that they didn't give JJH much recognition for her acting. The girl plays TWO completely opposite roles in TWO completely opposite elements (land and water) and was even given the task of having to act without lines in the first few moments of the drama. I have read comments that they even gave away acting awards to less prestigious actors that have barely been tested though time in the field. I am appalled that these rookies in the field get recognition while a veteran actress who practically grew up in the acting industry got an "eating award" and a sack of rice. I understand the frustration. How in the world can a well known awards show overlook a seasoned veteran actress who is one of their most marketable assests not only locally, but internationally as well? It is no wonder why SBS is under fire from netizens now. They could have just even at least shown decency and appreciation to the person. I mean, come on SBS! The reason she couldn't attend was because she was filming an underwater shot for YOUR station, thank you very much. *sigh*

• Like 11

1 hour ago, puppy8888 said:

Like you guys, I am also extremely disappointed that they didn't give JJH much recognition for her acting. The girl plays TWO completely opposite roles in TWO completely opposite elements (land and water) and was even given the task of having to act without lines in the first few moments of the drama. I have read comments that they even gave away acting awards to less prestigious actors that have barely been tested though time in the field. I am appalled that these rookies in the field get recognition while a veteran actress who practically grew up in the acting industry got an "eating award" and a sack of rice. I understand the frustration. How in the world can a well known awards show overlook a seasoned veteran actress who is one of their most marketable assests not only locally, but internationally as well? It is no wonder why SBS is under fire from netizens now. They could have just even at least shown decency and appreciation to the person. I mean, come on SBS! The reason she couldn't attend was because she was filming an underwater shot for YOUR station, thank you very much. *sigh*

I love your post!! You said everything that I totally agree with and is in my mind too!!

Thank you! 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Kim Ngân Trần said:

Photo JJH filming LOBS (31/12/2016)

cre: DC

fbOGo6c.jpg

Thanks for the photo. If I am not wrong, I also spy HJJ in this photo, hehehe. 

---------------------

Don't sweat over the ratings of SBS's awards show. KBS had very huge stars, like SJK, SHK, PBG, and etc. KBS also had the major hit of the year, which was DOTS. Therefore, it's expected that they would have higher ratings. Also, this is the awards show we are talking about, it has nothing to do with LOTBS's ratings, so we should not care too much. Last but not least, I'm not entirely happy with SBS so yes, I don't think they deserved the ratings. 

---------------------

@puppy8888 I most certainly agree with you. Especially because they split the awards and handed out an award to everyone, where did they go wrong forgetting to recognize JJH? 

In the end, it's ok, I believe JJH is not bothered. She's a highly acclaimed actress, and she doesn't need an award to prove her acting abilities. 

Let's continue to do our best and show them love and support from far away. That is all we can do to show them our appreciation. 

• Like 6

@mythicalove and @tshering12  I have a question. You seem to understand what was said at KBS awards and SBS awards about LMH attending etc. Can you understand Korean? I think the SBS and KBS awards have no subs, correct? Just curious. Thanks for the SAF live link. I went to it today and it is says the show is no longer live. So where can we find an archive of the show on their web site? Can you share a link?  If you have already done so, I thank you. I have not read through all the pages yet.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CallieP said:

@mythicalove and @tshering12  I have a question. You seem to understand what was said at KBS awards and SBS awards about LMH attending etc. Can you understand Korean? I think the SBS and KBS awards have no subs, correct? Just curious. Thanks for the SAF live link. I went to it today and it is says the show is no longer live. So where can we find an archive of the show on their web site? Can you share a link?  If you have already done so, I thank you. I have not read through all the pages yet.

Did anyone talk about Lee Min Ho in  2016 KBS Award ceremony?

Please someone explain 2 me! I am curious! Has someone talk about LMH oppa in 2016 KBS award ceremony?

• Like 4

On 12/31/2016 at 3:18 AM, mythicalove said:

HJJ looked extremely tall and slim! His hair was swept to the side. And he looked great. But, I feel so bad for him. I wanted to see him so much, I was hoping and praying he would attend. After seeing him there, I felt horrible as a fan. I think he should get some rest instead. He's tired and sick. 

I am sorry, I haven't had a chance to see much yet. Did he look sick? He seems fine from the 3 minutes I saw of him and Tae Ho accepting the best couple award and the Chair(?).

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Thanks for the SAF live link. I went to it today and it is says the show is no longer live. So where can we find an archive of the show on their web site? Can you share a link?  If you have already done so, I thank you. I have not read through all the pages yet.

I saw that Viki has the awards show, and it looks like it will be subbed.  I watched it on V Live, but I can't find it archived now.  It was live-subbed.  There are probably other places to watch as well. Maybe others can answer?

• Like 7

@nika94 @CallieP 

I was watching the KBS live stream of the red carpet event and some fans asked if LMH would be present. The hosts were speaking in English, so I understood what they were saying. They just simply said he wasn't on the list so they weren't sure, which I concluded they didn't know what they were talking about because LMH's drama is obviously on SBS. 

If you guys want the rough translation of what they said during the awards show, soompi had a live blog recapping it.

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/31/live-blog-2016-sbs-drama-awards/

@CallieP when LMH arrived at the event, I think he was feeling a bit tired from the filming. When they interviewed him, I noticed his voice was still sick However, I think after reuniting with the cast, he seem a lot more awake later. 

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, CallieP said:

it's on viki as well but with out subs

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

i just found out that kshowonline has the awards show with subs..just go to their website.

• Like 7