[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Anyeong,can't wait to see this drama oh november please come fast!.

@gtlmh0622 ,that would be sad if LMH will not be going in palau, was really hoping that there will be a pic of lmh popping everywhere after i've seen jjh's pics, 

so first meeting will be in spain,the scenery there is very beautiful and romantic..wondering if they will go in barcelona na too.. 

Btw,thanks for the updates everyone :wub:

• Like 13

Hi everybody! :) I hope you are all doing great.

There is something I am still not sure about which is the genre of LOTBS. Is it more comedic or melodrama?! In most sources it  is described as "fantasy drama". In many sources it is said that LMH is gonna show his comedic sides as he disguises in different careers. So I expect some comedy on LMH's side and character. But again that does Not necessarily mean that the show is comedy. How about the whole drama?! Is the context of the drama more comedic or melodrama?! As you know, even in some very sad or intense Kdramas, there is some comedy scenes but that doesn't affect the bigger sad content. 

On one hand, Lee Min Ho's role is "Cold-hearted and wickedest con artist around". This suits melodrama better. Right?! I know that in Typical Kdramas Hero is usually a jerk and doesn't show emotion while the show is comedy and the hero being a bad boy doesn't affect the comedy of show. But I guess Joon Jae is different from what we have in mind.He REALLY is gonna be what Park Writer has described, which is "cold hearted and wicked con artist who has left his family behind".So I still think it is more melo than comedy. But again on the other hand, park ju eun usually writes comedy right?! Comedy would work better considering international fans and their interest, I guess. The more entertaining, the better. 

To be honest, I have only watched a few episodes of "My love from another star". But I still cannot tell if it is more comedy or melo, maybe both? :D But which genre is more highlightened and marked?!

U know, I could feel the seriousness, thrill and melo of "my love from another star" in those few episodes. Personally I would definitely LOVE it if LOTBS has thrill in it. :))

What is your idea? :))

• Like 10

@nika94, MLFAS is a mix of different genres.. It displayed Comedy, Melodrama, Romance, Sci-Fi and I'd say a bit of action. Knowing Writer Park's work is mostly a mixture of different genres, it only means that she'd like to cater to different types of viewers with different tastes and not just settling for one genre. My guess is, it'll be a combination much similar to MLFAS. Whatever genre it is though, I'll surely watch it and re-watch it.;)

More about Writer Park and her previous works. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Ji-eun

• Like 12

@gtLmh0622  :))) Hiii!

Thank you so much for the updates. This is fancam right? If so, Im wondering where and how could they take these pictures. Can u see a woman figure in the first pic, I guess it's Gianna Jun right?! I can her see long wet hair :D Good luck to her and LOTBS team. Wish them safe and successful shooting.

I'm wondering What is Joon Jae doing..:D 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, nika94 said:

@gtLmh0622  :))) Hiii!

Thank you so much for the updates. This is fancam right? If so, Im wondering where and how could they take these pictures. Can u see a woman figure in the first pic, I guess it's Gianna Jun right?! I can her see long wet hair :D Good luck to her and LOTBS team. Wish them safe and successful shooting.

I'm wondering What is Joon Jae doing..:D 

The pictures were taken by the travel agencies (in China). They promoted the travels in Palau as meeting male and female god (LMH & JJH) since the announcement that LOTBS would be shooting in Palau.
There are more pictures (JJH is the one that the finger pointing) :

005XyMPmgw1f79k3lahbdj30m80gojuc.jpg

005XyMPmgw1f79jhuky4pj30zk0qon2f.jpg

005XyMPmgw1f79jhx2pqej30zk0qoq4l.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 17

There is a very funny Weibo today, according to @selectsilence who is JJH's fan, the new drama is so mysterious, JJH's picture in airport was taken by the fan of the leading actor,  but don't know where is the leading actor.  [笑cry] And then there is not any picture released after official filming.  [拜拜] It seems that the whole team is a legend. [拜拜]

006i68SIgw1f78b2twca2j30jg0p075t.jpg

• Like 15

On 27. August 2016 at 3:53 PM, giannathegoddess said:

Anyeong,can't wait to see this drama oh november please come fast!.

@gtlmh0622 ,that would be sad if LMH will not be going in palau, was really hoping that there will be a pic of lmh popping everywhere after i've seen jjh's pics, 

so first meeting will be in spain,the scenery there is very beautiful and romantic..wondering if they will go in barcelona na too.. 

Btw,thanks for the updates everyone :wub:

I could not imagine that this mysterious team would shoot in barcelona since there are lots of tourist / crowd. Maybe somewhere in Almeria. There are lots of beautiful beaches and lots of hollywood movies had shot there like star wars, indiana jones ...

Oh November still so far away !

A9zWzqb.jpg

• Like 14

@heart_jjh, haha.. JJH's pic is exactly how we all feel while waiting for this drama. Why can't November come any sooner!?lol 

PS: It would be nice to see your papparazzi pics in case you get lucky to steal some during their shoots.;) Although, you'll probably be warned not to post any just like what happened on their shoot with LMH at Chungbuk.Anyway, goodluck! :)

• Like 10

http://www.hancinema.net/royalty-per-episode-of-jeon-ji-hyeon-and-lee-min-ho-s-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-surpasses-my-love-from-the-star--98212.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

2016-08-29 21:21:20

Royalty per episode of Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho's 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' surpasses 'My Love from the Star'

fullsizephoto759267.jpg

Jeon Ji-hyeon is returning as a mermaid.

The recent show of tvN's 'Name List' revealed a list of stars who have already reserved success for the second half of this year. Jeon Ji-hyeon ranked third.

Jeon Ji-hyeon has already recorded ten million audience twice with movies, "The Thieves" and "The Assassination", which is the first case for an actress. Jeon Ji-hyeon, who is returning to the small screen in 9 months since delivering a baby, will play a mysterious mermaid in SBS' highly anticipated drama, 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'.

The male lead who will co-star with Jeon Ji-hyeon is the hallyu superstar Lee Min-ho. 'The Legend of the Blue Sea', which has been scheduled to premiere in November, has already reached half million per episode for royalty, which is higher than "My Love from the Star".

• Like 11

@Kris Silva  :)) Thank you for the post! :)) 

I have a question. I don't understand "reached half million per episode for royalty  which is higher than "My Love from the Star"." Has it already been sold? To Chinese company?

PS   I see a new tiny piece of information about Jun Ji Hyun's character, which is"a mysterious mermaid". So she might have some secrets or mysterious past. Right? So are mermaids immortal like Vampires? :D If Joon Jae/Kim Moon falls in love with Shim Chung. Then there is 1 mermaid who has lived through both Josen and modern eras, not 2 mermaids. So mermaids don't die?! To be honest I haven't read the original mermaid book. That is why I have these questions.:D

Like how in Vampire TV and movie shows, writers can create different aspects for vampires. In mermaid stories, it could be possible. Like In "Twilight"  Edward can read people's minds. In "Vampire Diaries" Damon and the rest can do mind compulsion. These are all what writers can create for characters because it is all fantasy and in fantasy world there is no rule. Sky is the limit for writer's mind and ideas. :DSo it makes them awesome. I believe LOTBS is gonna blow our mind with its fantasy and great ideas. *Fingers Crossed*

• Like 11

On 30/8/2016 at 3:03 AM, nika94 said:

@Kris Silva  :)) Thank you for the post! :)) 

I have a question. I don't understand "reached half million per episode for royalty  which is higher than "My Love from the Star"." Has it already been sold? To Chinese company?

PS   I see a new tiny piece of information about Jun Ji Hyun's character, which is"a mysterious mermaid". So she might have some secrets or mysterious past. Right? So are mermaids immortal like Vampires? :D If Joon Jae/Kim Moon falls in love with Shim Chung. Then there is 1 mermaid who has lived through both Josen and modern eras, not 2 mermaids. So mermaids don't die?! To be honest I haven't read the original mermaid book. That is why I have these questions.:D

Like how in Vampire TV and movie shows, writers can create different aspects for vampires. In mermaid stories, it could be possible. Like In "Twilight"  Edward can read people's minds. In "Vampire Diaries" Damon and the rest can do mind compulsion. These are all what writers can create for characters because it is all fantasy and in fantasy world there is no rule. Sky is the limit for writer's mind and ideas. :DSo it makes them awesome. I believe LOTBS is gonna blow our mind with its fantasy and great ideas. *Fingers Crossed*

In Asia there's the saying that mermaid scales or mermaid flesh are the key to immortality... Have you happened to read the (amazing) Mermaid Saga by Takahashi Rumiko? It's based on that legend...

• Like 7

@jerboa83  :)) Thank you so much for reading my post and commenting. :))

To be honest, I haven't read Mermaid Saga that you have mentioned. Can you please explain how "mermaid Flesh" and immortality are connected. What do u mean by "mermaid scale"?

Thank you :))

• Like 4

On 1/9/2016 at 5:57 PM, nika94 said:

@jerboa83  :)) Thank you so much for reading my post and commenting. :))

To be honest, I haven't read Mermaid Saga that you have mentioned. Can you please explain how "mermaid Flesh" and immortality are connected. What do u mean by "mermaid scale"?

Thank you :))

I don't remember why the scales of the mermaids' tails were considered to be magic, but I remember that you were supposed to eat a mermaid's flesh to become immortal. 

• Like 5

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ2gUCZBGyp/

Hi guys! :))  Happy Friday! ^_^

I found this in one of the legend of the blue sea fanpage instagram. It is a short video.it shows Jun Ji Hyun Eonii in water, (It looks real). Then it shows LMH oppa. There is some Chinese subtitle. To be honest, I am not sure if it is fan made video or not. The part that show Gianna in water seems real. Please check this out. I copied the link. I hope it works and you can check it out. :))) it is like short celebrity news.

• Like 8

Hi Nika and LBS chingus

Thanks for the instagram.  I don't think that's LMH since all reports indicated that he didn't make the trip.  My thought is it is someone assisting JJH, as needed, or part of the crew.  Someone mentioned that JJH was thought to be returning to SK on the 2nd.  does anyone know if that is the case?  I'm beginning to wonder if LMH is going to Spain.  What would be the reason for his modern day character to be outside SK-unless it is the Joseon era shoot?

PS.  I'm going to apologize to everyone in advance.  Even after 2 years of watching k-dramas I still cannot get the names or initials right.  I try to make note of the players or go back and figure it out, but sometimes I'm going to be too lazy to do so.  

Have a great Labor Day weekend for my friends in the US!

• Like 9

Fan art :)))  How I love that LMH character in Jeoson era is a noble prince. :)) In Faith his clothes weren't pretty because he was a worrior. But now that he is prince, his character must be neat and beautiful. His character is also neat, handsome and noble.

_HQcP0QW_LU.jpg

Credit: tina-minoz

• Like 12