[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, TheMschelsea91 . said:

Back at tony's burger, HW creeps up behind a customer and comes to meet TY. SHe's her usual cute self. TY is all smiles. SHe orders a burger and TY asks her to try their new menu.
AS she's eating/watching him, she gives JY a call and thanks her for helping her escape. She says that thank to JY she and her BF (TY) have received her mom's blessing. SHe proposes that the four of them should have a meal together 
(I smell trouble). 

dun dun dun music! ....

imagining...

hyowon - this is so much fun! my brother, my boyfriend and my new friend! so happy!

ji eun - what bad thing did I do to get such karma?

taeyang - maybe I should have told her... nah, I am going to me super cool! hyowon is now my girl.. who cares about the ex-chicka....

hyosang -- to my brainless sister who had to pick this guy of all people.. out of the family register, my sister! nah, I love my sister though she is stupid. out of our family, burger boy!

@TheMschelsea91 . thanks for the recap. I am almost 2hrs behind KST so can't stream when I have a young family. Gosh those 2 are cute. Even cuter still the actress who always plays the rich b**tchy mother or in law actually had a piggyback by the seaside. At night. I am laughing more at the whole thought of the young actor having to piggyback his sunbaenim. This is probably her most romantic role in close to 10 yrs I've seen her. It's really really funny  to me.

2 hours ago, TheMschelsea91 . said:

ain. HS asks what's wrong with JY. I think ES is telling her that once the matter with HW is settled, it's time to handle JY. She puts on a bright pink scarf and a pair of gloves, ready for battle.

in glitter and sequins!!!!!! LOL... because a plain black jacket just isn't fabulous enough....

ES comes and calls HW's name. She's angry. TY is shocked to see an upset ES. He asks her if ES didn't know that she's here. HW says she lied. 
She hides behind TY. HW tells TY that ES locked her up in her room. TY asks ES if that's the truth and says it's a bit too much. ES tells him to keep quiet and tells HW that she's dead meat. As she chases after HW around the light house, she trips on the steps and falls again. AShe tries to stand up againm and falls down (cue music as TY catches her - again).

ms. ko - the pink glitter bandit!!!! LOL..

can't wait for @rubie to post pics because ms. ko is a riot! (edit; thanks rubie; just look at those hysterical expressions of absolute glee that she is getting a piggyback ride after all these years and she has a nice strong handsome kid to carry her and assure her that she is not heavy at all! :lol:

@ck1Oz - the scene was hysterical even without subs. it looks like the actress is totally enjoying herself playing this character and scenes she wouldn't usually get to play..

@haifa234 @valzki - both actresses are doing such a great job mimicking each other where it feels like these quirks are a family hereditary trait. not only mother and daughter a riot, mother and son also have a great comic chemistry. seriously would love to see this little family appear again together in another drama. these two "couples" steal the show at times for me! the entire family is a bit loopy! hahahahha...

47 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

dun dun dun music! ....

imagining...

hyowon - this is so much fun! my brother, my boyfriend and my new friend! so happy!

ji eun - what bad thing did I do to get such karma?

taeyang - maybe I should have told her... nah, I am going to me super cool! hyowon is now my girl.. who cares about the ex-chicka....

hyosang -- to my brainless sister who had to pick this guy of all people.. out of the family register, my sister! nah, I love my sister though she is stupid. out of our family, burger boy!

Hahaha.....i like your imagination chingu :w00t:  so pity to see JY actually. still don't know whether she will get what she wants in the end.

Ahh see Tae Yang..you are happier now just like your mom said. see his smiley face all the time when Hyo Won is around him. Bye bye ex-chicka :glasses: 

Hyo Sang -- is he jealous that TaeYang is more handsome than him? why should 2 women fell for him? Lol..

HS comes out from his room and punches TY on his face. HW hits HS and even kicks him. ES tells them all off.

kekekek.... hyowon is like a little spitfire! hahahah.. her reactions are too quick. no need for anyone to defend her or her man, she can do it herself! go girl!

and hyosang's reactions was too funny - whipped by his little sister who is a few sizes shorter than him and needs to have mom defend him... while taeyang stands there getting soothed by hyowon! this family! how cute are you!!! :love:

TY and HW can date for now (Ode to Joy music playing haha)
HS stands up in protest. ES tells him he can date JY too (cue ode to joy music)

found it amusing that while taeyang and hyowon get the happier cut of the ode to joy music, hyosang gets the scary, "dun, dun, dun" dramatic bit of the music... so what does that mean? hyosang's journey will have some ups and downs?

and on another thought, won't it be fun if hyojoo kicks out hyosang out of meesa apparel and he finds himself in weird turn of events actually pairing up with taeyang? but am curious too @valzki to see how things will end up with jieun. it would be weird if taeyang and jieun end up as in-laws no?

1 hour ago, TheMschelsea91 . said:

Preview

- TY comes home to find his gosiwon emptied out
- TY meets HS at his office. HS gives him an envelope. I think it's money. Maybe he's offering TY money to leave HW.

his room is emptied out? is this the handiwork of hyosang? wonder if it will end up with him moving into the glitter bandit house ... that would be so funny if it happens... by the way, did anyone wonder what exactly tayeang is studying for? isn't he already a graduate? is he getting additional certifications or something?

@Lmangla ur cartoon is funny!! Hahaha. And yes, i also had a good time watching this little family with the same characteristics. HY, HW and their mother, love the bickerings among them. Lol. Despite what he did to TY, I acually find HY attractive lol. I follow his real account too, as he is fluent in English, it is easy for me to say hi to him. Lol. 

1 hour ago, haifa234 said:

@Lmangla ur cartoon is funny!! Hahaha. And yes, i also had a good time watching this little family with the same characteristics. HY, HW and their mother, love the bickerings among them. Lol. Despite what he did to TY, I acually find HY attractive lol. I follow his real account too, as he is fluent in English, it is easy for me to say hi to him. Lol. 

Sorry chingu, you mean HS? HyoSang? :sweatingbullets: hehe...cmiiw 

re: taeyang's confession: yea, it did feel a bit unexpected because we never got to hear his thoughts on how he felt no @pinkdicentra ? we didn't know if he was having a tough time moving on from jieun, if he was getting confused about hyowon -- none of the usual drama moments. instead, we just got to see him make baby steps towards melting but it wasn't necessarily obvious (unless we were re-watching their scenes a lot. hahahahahha)....

@evie7 @haifa234 ~ am glad they didn't kiss actually. like @valzki said, the hug itself felt like a big deal especially since he initiated it. it wasn't her reaching out but the other way around. so it felt a bigger deal that he was stepping out in his mind to actively claim his place beside her... :love:

so I liked the little build up we had to his confession that showed how far he had come. was laughing that his thought on what her scent would be was "baby powder" and goes on to describe it as the talcum powder that parents put on babies buttocks! hahahah... way to impress a girl taeyang! don't compare her to roses like romeo. don't compare her to any pretty thing in nature. instead, compare her scent to baby powder.. can you imagine if shakespeare's famous line was re-written as

What’s in a name? That which we call a rose baby powder
By any other word would smell as sweet.

LOL... but hyowon seems to be totally apt for him because once he explains that he thinks of her as innocent and pure which is why he thought of baby powder, she immediately thought it was soooo sweeeeeeet and that he liked her!!! hahahahha... would any of us ladies react the same way to being compared to baby powder that parents put on baby's buttocks? hahahah... LOL 108

and in the next scene, while she was reapplying her makeup, his exasperated "you are pretty already" was rather cute and also was familiar intimate. it is the kind of thing that boyfriends and husbands would say. not an outsider no? when she is passed out drunk and before his mom pops into the room, he shakes his head at the plum wine and then can't stop himself from staring at her. if his mom hadn't come in, would he have kissed the sleeping beauty? kekeke :wink:

so those scenes showed again that he likes her and finds her attractive. so what was stopping him? during his chat with his mom, she not only said that he looked happier and well but added that hyowon was so bright and cheerful that just looking at her makes you want to smile. taeyang then nods with a grin. so just as ms ko and hyowon are similar, it felt like son and mother were also similar. perhaps, if he wasn't hurting from the breakup with jieun, he would have fallen for her quicker. but having broken up with jieun, both taeyang and his mom are in a better position to appreciate the uniqueness of hyowon and be charmed by her.

it was lovely to see his mom laugh so good naturedly -- one got the sense that she really hadn't laughed like that in a while..

the confession was needed because we finally see a little of his point of view. basically he needed time to process how he felt. it wasn't that he didn't find her attractive or didn't find her charming but he wasn't sure if he was ready to open his heart again, if he was ready to be in a committed relationship again. so coming home, talking to his mom and clearing his head in the ocean air seemed to be what was needed to decide that he was ready and wants to move on.

hyowon's stunned reaction -- she wasn't expecting him to say that he was thinking of her. she wasn't expecting a confession and almost afraid to leap to what he is saying. awwww... there are no leaps of joy for someone who pursued so aggressively. instead of giggling or being excited, she just cries with relief-- it wasn't easy for her to be so aggressive; she was essentially making herself vulnerable to him but pushing courageously even though she was afraid. so even though she appeared cheerful, she was worried that he wasn't showing signs of budging. the stress! and he in turn is almost in tears himself -- so it looks like his feelings for hyowon are much deeper than what it appears...

few posts back, I wrote that once his heart and mind connect, it will be a different taeyang that we see and was glad to see that in the latest episode. with ms. ko, he is not only boldly confessing that he likes hyowon but his body language is confidently possessive -- he was holding her hands and his hand was on her knee.

am enjoying how we have 3 very different couple confessions so far -- the tone, the delivery, the moment have all been different and yet felt true to their characters. so the writer and PD are doing a good job no?

2 hours ago, haifa234 said:

@Lmangla ur cartoon is funny!! Hahaha. And yes, i also had a good time watching this little family with the same characteristics. HY, HW and their mother, love the bickerings among them. Lol. Despite what he did to TY, I acually find HY attractive lol. I follow his real account too, as he is fluent in English, it is easy for me to say hi to him. Lol. 

thanks @haifa234; I lack @wizuwizu tech skills. LOL... so emoticons is my only option.:joy:

the whole family cracks me up including hyosang. saw the real actor IG when @peggygordon had posted a link and he seems to post quite a few photos of really cute niece. so it looks like he knows what it is like to have a sister in real life and brings that kind of fun dynamic to the drama. it is nice and amusing at the same time to see a brother and sister fight like actual brother and sisters who sometimes forget they are grown up. and agree, also think he is quite attractive despite what he did to taeyang -- those glasses! plus he does wear nice sweaters and suits! hahahah.. but even his pettiness and childishness seem amusing in his interactions with his family. it is only his interactions with taeyang and jieun that have a darker tone but it isn't necessarily evil. he just seems to be a normal guy with both good and bad sides.

besides the jieun arc, am curious to see how it will turn out when hyojoo digs more about his connection to gyo po. will his position be threatened? will he get kicked out from meesa? what about his relationship to dong jin? to the tailor shop? will we see any story developments there? so many angles.... am looking forward to see how his story turns out and hope we can learn more about what it was like for him growing up and how that affected who he is....

(EDIT): P.S ~ so I noticed that the actor playing taeyang seems to have a mole on his neck. it is a mole right? not dirt on my computer screen? can someone (who didn't drop their labtop once accidentally and ended up with a bad screen) answer my random question? :sweatingbullets:

On 12/11/2016 at 5:38 AM, Lmangla said:

LOL.... but she has great style @jimb!!! hahaha... leaf5

even if I am bored of the episode, her wardrobe and expressions is super entertaining... but if you are a man (which I am guessing you are from your username), it probably doesnt stand out as much. kekekeke...  it is kind of funny that they keep using cat sounds for hyowon because I keep thinking cat now when I see mom and daughter... those eyes! don't they seem kind of cat like?

I love her 'style' too, her expressions are just gold. I've watched this actress nailing a hateful role in Mask and am just loving her acting range in this one. Who doesn't appreciate that pink furry coat/robe and I'm loving the blue one too

@AlexMao I'm getting very tired of Joe Boxer's antics. I haven't had a chance to get to today's recap but if she goes into gangster mode over SD's first love, I'm going to have to FFW when I see her on my screen. We are already over half way through this drama and I just can't believe that she has had no growth what so ever. 

On 12/11/2016 at 7:00 AM, TheMschelsea91 . said:

HS comes out from his room and punches TY on his face. HW hits HS and even kicks him. ES tells them all off. THey end up sitting together. HS is berating HW for what she did, even TY. ES tells the siblings to stop fighting and comes up with an ultimatum - TY and HW can date for now (Ode to Joy music playing haha)
HS stands up in protest. ES tells him he can date JY too (cue ode to joy music)

I love it!!! Who knew that this family that I couldn't stand in the beginning of this drama would be so entertaining.

18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@Daisy Str @pimsucre @bajing @luvsdramas @blacksquares @caranthir_idril  ~ 09  welcome to the thread. hope I didn't miss anyone...

no post is frivolous unless it flouts soompi rules! hahahaha... but feel free to contribute by responding to others and tagging folks -- it does make for a cozier thread that can make even the most boring episode entertaining! kekeke :D

so your post did make me curious and had some questions --  why did the line "you move my heart" throw you off? what do you mean by "closed or immovable heart"? what do you mean that it "put her on high ground" why do you think the line and whole falling in love at first sight are out of sync?.. would be interested to read your thoughts..

and I haven't noticed the phrase "kkamjigay" -- what does it mean? and did you find the lipstick colour? kekekek...

looking to see this week's episode ... and whether hyosang will wear some nice snazzy glasses and what outfits will ms.ko will wear as she dramatically handles hyowon's running away... :w00t:

@Lmangla kkamjigay is an expression of surprise/shock. So most recently in ep 31, when YS was in lovely orange pullover, cooking ramyun at home and DJ entered, she was startled and said 'kkamjjagay ah'.

And no luck with Hw's lipstick.. from ep 31's lighthouse confession, I thought they put the same colour on Tae Yang as well (rubs eyes... it's just me).

@Lmangla so many qns on 'you move my heart'!  I'll try to recall why. I get HW's context on her life & perhaps esteem, identity issues growing up as ES's child and her dreams of looking for love not based on money/status. That's fair. But I thought rather than HW, someone who has perhaps resolved not to fall in love or has been deeply hurt in love would more suitably say 'u move my heart'. For instance it makes more sense to me if someone like TY says so in the confession scene. He's been deeply hurt and Hw has definitely done a lot to move him. Where romance is concerned for HW, as there is no background abt her love life, I thought a simpler "I've fallen hard for you" would've been more suitable as she fell in love almost immediately and his kindness/ gentleness made her more convinced he's indeed the one. I do believe in love at first sight! When one falls at first sight, it could be visual attraction or the vibes u pick up just from a first glance and the strong feeling may get reinforced along the way thru some actions. Maybe HW's all-out heart on sleeve aggresssiveness then made me see her as someone who didn't seem to have problems giving her heart away (arguable), tts why I see 'moving her heart' as having too much gravitas for HW at that point. On the 'high ground' thing, it was more of a personal view. I was imagining myself being the recipient of 'you move my heart'. I'd feel somewhat burdened that I was being assessed when I'm not even in a rship yet. So if I had acted slightly differently, I wouldn't be good enough? Wouldnt have moved you? So to me, the person who says 'you moved my heart' wouldve given himself greater power from the outset. So unless this guy or girl was writhing from a broken heart, it seems out of sync to me. Back to HW, everything was perfect with the scene, it was just that I thought the writer got carried away with adding that beautiful line.

@peggygordon & @pinkdicentra thank u so much for the pictures from naver! @peggygordon, I must be luvdramas no.6?? didn't know there were 5 others... I'm a noob, only started talking in Oct.

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

both actresses are doing such a great job mimicking each other where it feels like these quirks are a family hereditary trait. not only mother and daughter a riot, mother and son also have a great comic chemistry. seriously would love to see this little family appear again together in another drama. these two "couples" steal the show at times for me! the entire family is a bit loopy! hahahahha...

LOL chingu I feel the same way The Pink Glitter Bandit I love it.

@ck1Oz I'm appreciating watching her in this comical role too. I hope she gets a chance in more roles like this one.

3 hours ago, valzki said:

Hyo Sang -- is he jealous that TaeYang is more handsome than him? why should 2 women fell for him? Lol..

Why is he so jealous? He's a good looking man who is running a big company. Has a nice home, car I wish he would value himself instead of wanting what every one has. I have to agree that I prefer TY over him.laugh-cute-cat-emoticon.gif

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

his room is emptied out? is this the handiwork of hyosang? wonder if it will end up with him moving into the glitter bandit house ... that would be so funny if it happens... by the way, did anyone wonder what exactly tayeang is studying for? isn't he already a graduate? is he getting additional certifications or something?

It seems to me he should have graduated by now but maybe since he has to pay for it himself, he's behind

@TheMschelsea91 . Thank you for the recaps:heart:

OK, here's another mystery. This may be going too far ahead, but who's wedding is coming up? Source

wedding-1.jpg

wedding-2.jpg

Timing wise, it makes sense that it's DS and TP. But they said they weren't going to hold a wedding, and even if they changed their minds, they look too underdressed for the occasion. YS doesn't look like the bride, and too early for DJ-YS. DJ and SD are the most dressed up and the car is DJ's. The closest person to both of them would be Mr. Lee. The Instagram photo that @natkat posted earlier before it got removed had a tag that I think said Oh Hyun Kyung's father. He did promise his wife a wedding ceremony when he left home, but he also looks underdressed. Other random possibilities: SD and SN holding a ceremony because they never had one when they got married; but that's just a waste of money for a couple who just paid off debts. TY and HW; they just got together and at this time they have a higher chance of eloping than having a wedding; plus why would SD and DJ be the ones all dressed up. Or an important client that we don't know about?

Guest AlexMao

@Lmangla I would actually find it surprising if it wasn't Hyo Sang who had some role in clearing out Tae Yang's place. Eun Sook just acknowledged Hyo Won & Tae Yang's relationship so I don't she'd be open to the two living together regardless of how much the maid taunts her. 

As for what he's studying for I would imagine some kind of civil service exam. I doubt they've really covered anything on it so far so it's a safe bet. 

@evie7 We spent what felt like 5-weeks with her antics I don't think I can take much more of it if the writers decide to go that route. Now Sam Do is no saint here either since he discovered her he's done a fair bit of changing as well which is going to be a big no-no in my book. Regardless I think we're in for more of the same and a lot of fast-forwarding sadly. 

I'm actually looking forward to Hyo Sang, Ji Yoon, Hyo Won & Tae Yang having a meal together so we can get on with that part of the story. This I imagine will be the first hurdle in Hyo Won & Tae Yang's relationship but I don't believe it'll be a big one for them to overcome. 

Archived