[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

16 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@Lmangla said:-

LMFAo! I was too!:w00t: Simply because it's an uncommon sight where I live which is summer ALL year through - so boring I tell ya:rolleyes: I guess that's one of the main reasons why K-Dramas appeal to me so much - the cinematography...well that and the eye candy of the K-Actors of course LoL:P Although mainland chinese dramas are quickly catchin' up as well...:phew:

Er--- Why do I feel the actor playin' Taeyang has better chemistry with Noonas?! It's like evident in his scenes with Yeonshil & heck even with Ms. Go HA:huh::lol: Yeonshil & Dongjin's loveline somewhat mirrors Darcy & Lizzie, I'm a sucker f/Pride & Prejudice can't ya tell?:ph34r::D

@Latte_Anyday, I think you hit the nail in the head about DJ/YS, I also love Pride&Prejudice (the one with Collin) in it.  Yup, the cinematography are awesome especially the fall scenery.    I hope that the writer will create to havoc in DJ/YS relationship.

TY/HW what a couple? 

Chingu's on this thread, thanks for all the comments/input. Have a great weekend everyone:blush:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bexyahmed said:

I made some gifs

You can find more in  Bexyiam

Nice work @bexyahmed :wub:

Well, it was a funny episode yet very touching. DJ is such a bulldozer once he confessed his love :sweatingbullets:

love him though because I would never believe he could be this sweet.. Please YS, don't hurt his feelings too much!!

Guest AlexMao

While I think it's safe to say that I applaud Dong Jin for coming to terms with his feelings for Yoon Shil, I think his approach is a bit off. Sure let her know that you like her but give her time to digest things as it's pretty new to her to have someone genuinely like her without something attached (Ki Pyo). Now given the tail end of the episode and what appears to be a rejection we see Dong Jin taking a step back and giving Yoon Shil the space I think she'll need to weigh her own feelings.

So my little perverted notion didn't exactly pan out with Hyo Won crashing at (or really in) Tae Yang's place but close enough for a win for me. I don't see her staying for too long since her mother has all but declared war on the idea of her daughter and Tae Yang. I do though hope they don't just make it a one episode outing for her.

Moving onto my least favourite triangle, Sung Joon, Dong Sook & Penny-pinching-Park. I don't necessarily mind him attempting to lavish her with goods or comments but I feel, as I've said before probably, he comes across a bit surreal and cartoonish at times. Looking at Sung Joon especially he looks so darn defeated now, almost like a wounded animal waiting for that final kill-shot to release him. I mean what's it going to take for him to put his foot down/grow a pair. We (the audience) get it, both Sung Joon & Dong Sook get it but here we are playing this little game.

I've got nothing to say about Sam Dong & Sun Nyeo except that it honestly looked like Cha In Pyo was about to break character when he was confronting Sun Nyeo in the tailor shop.

Another random bit I suppose is when Eun Sook, Hyo Sang, etc. were having their meal I swear the maid/housekeeper did the fake stair gag behind the island in the kitchen.

Other than that I'm waiting to see how everyone takes Man Sool's news. 

Haven't seen the subbed episode yet, just dropping by for this:

20161120_1479600613_96127900_1.jpg

I hope that YS is superstitious or romantic at heart, because even if she isn't convinced by DJ, even the weather's telling her that they are meant together (i.e. the Korean idea that true love will blossom during the first snow fall). @Latte_Anyday I was going to say expect romantic snow scenes after the fall scenery, but I didn't think it would be coming so soon. However, I live in a temperate climate similar to Korea's and the first snow is forecasted for tomorrow, so maybe it's just the right time. I wanted the first snow to coincide with their first kiss though, so I guess I'll have to wait (unless there's a real surprise coming up).

Also looks like there will be a flashback of DJ and HJ's wedding or maybe HJ will be looking at her old wedding photos:

Episode 25 can be a guide on how to make a girl fall for you.  You begin with a confession & follow it up with all the sweet things & jokes you find on the Internet.  Lee Dong Jin is such a nerd, but I now get why he & Na Yun Shil are the main leads.  I want Na Yun Shil's bear!

It takes 25 episodes (halfway mark of the drama) for Kang Tae Yang to finally erase Choi Ji Yun from his life so that he can allow Min Hyo Won in.  Hurray to that!  They are now both jobless & crashing at a hostel & I look forward to them coming together.  And I'm really anticipating the day when Kang Tae Yang & Min Hyo Sang become brothers in-law.  The Min household will be such a riot with Ms Ko, Min Hyo Sang (I love how this CEO chased his sister down the street), Min Hyo Won, Kang Tae Yang & the eye-rolling Min Hyo Joo all living together.  Oh, with ahjumma the housekeeper too.  

I wonder when will we get to see the four gentlemen start working at the Wolgyesu tailor shop.  The bromance is just as good as the love stories.  This is one drama I could probably binge-watch all 50 episodes.  I need MORE episodes.  

@pinkdicentra Ah~ the ever clichéd significance of the first snowfall~ 

For me Idk about you, but I LOVE rainy days:D makes me want to sleep in, keep warm in the covers ideally with a cup of coffee and some soothing jazz music *sigh* 

I just think Yeonshil is incredibly slow witted (harsh? Oh well) and really, truly, very uh...naive:rolleyes: it could be because her thug of a husband has made her very cautious of everything. Maybe that's why she doesn't "buy" into Dongjin's growing affections for her.

Well it doesn't help when a guy such as Rigid Man aka Dongjin beats around the bush a lot no thanks to a man's pride/ ego:P

@AlexMao Ahah yea the Mr. I Own 2 Buildings Suitor reminds me a LOT of Jim Carrey btw!! It's his unusually large mouth that gave me that impression I think^_^ The actor is known for his big, almost theatrical expressions so I can see how you'd think he's cartoonish LoL! Obviously he's there for comic relief. Joonie-Oppa is just deadbeat tbh. He needs to suck it up and realize his Susanna's Handkerchief glory days are over.

I don't get Seonnyeo and Samdo's marriage at all, used to think they're cute but now I just think they marry out of convenience(?) Like it seems to be a business arrangement. And Ms. Go's housekeeper reminds me of the Brain from Five Enough LoL. She enjoys putting her madam employer in her place just a tad too much:lol:

@Latte_Anyday I like rainy days too when I don't have anything planned. It's the perfect time to watch dramas in bed! As for the first snow of the year, there's still a little bit of excitement before the realization of winter's inconvenience settles in. The romantic cliche is good for dramas but not for real life.

After watching the subs, I have to say that this episode was so cute! Yes, YS is so slow. Probably DJ's bulldozer style (recommended by TY) is the best way to get to her. I liked how he immediately returned the question to her and asked if she liked him and if that was why she asked the question originally. His corny jokes are ridiculously cute, eg. "Let's meet at 2am . . . In our dreams . . . The internet said that it was every women's favourite line." I wonder if DJ was ever supposed to be a corny punster; I keep thinking that it was added as a response from the Happy Together episode. YS may feel burdened, but she needs to take some responsibility for opening the can of (DJ love) worms when she asked him if he liked her.

I liked HW and TY individually but it really wasn't until this episode that I could get on board with their relationship. But now with TY feeling something, it's a more balanced love story. It's funny how TY is the love mentor for DJ and YS though. Also, the Min family is so funny even when they are arguing, especially when HW literally ran/drove away from home with HS chasing after her.

As for Jun oppa, I think he's the most admirable now than he's ever been the entire drama. I think DS should be proud of him instead of being despaired. He's finally grown up and taking responsibility for his own life.

6 hours ago, taehumama said:

Nice work @bexyahmed :wub:

Well, it was a funny episode yet very touching. DJ is such a bulldozer once he confessed his love :sweatingbullets:

love him though because I would never believe he could be this sweet.. Please YS, don't hurt his feelings too much!!

Hahaha. I hope YS is not taking a long time to realise that she like DJ. That would be real frustrating. I want to see their lovey dovey scene b4 the tug and DJ's ex wife come and mess their life. TY and HW interaction is fun too watch too. I think finally TY is over YJ..

23 minutes ago, ctheirne said:

Hahaha. I hope YS is not taking a long time to realise that she like DJ. That would be real frustrating. I want to see their lovey dovey scene b4 the tug and DJ's ex wife come and mess their life. TY and HW interaction is fun too watch too. I think finally TY is over YJ..

You're right... it would be frustrasting if YS doesn't return DJ's feelings soon enough. On the other hand, there's still 25 episodes to go so I think, it will be a long journey for our OTP. Well, as long as the ship is sailing that's good for me.

Yup, at least TY is over YJ. Manse!

I've been keeping up with this drama mostly for the TY-HW couple and i'm so glad we're getting more of them and it looks like the couple's popularity is growing too. Their clips from today's episode on naver has already reach 100k+ each (1 clip already has 200K+ views :O). Usually the views of the drama's clips range from 10K-50k. And the comments from knetz on their articles were very positive too!

Also the ratings for the show is going up. Saturday episodes have been steady at around 23-24% but it jumped to 27% today! and they've been able to break 30% on Sundays so hopefully it'll stay that way. 

15 hours ago, dulceres said:

@Latte_Anyday, I think you hit the nail in the head about DJ/YS, I also love Pride&Prejudice (the one with Collin) in it.  Yup, the cinematography are awesome especially the fall scenery.    I hope that the writer will create to havoc in DJ/YS relationship.

TY/HW what a couple? 

Chingu's on this thread, thanks for all the comments/input. Have a great weekend everyone:blush:

Dear all chinggus in this forum.. you guys are awesome..I really love reading all the comments so far

@Latte_Anyday and @dulceres..yesss!! I've been saying that from earlier. DJ is so Mr Darcy. In fact, when he finally confessed, the famous line which Mr Darcy used to first confess to Lizzie ("In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you") seemed to be appear in my head. And in fact, while I was waiting for the whole week, I rewatched Pride and Prejudice again...hehehe.. I dont mind if the writer wrote DJ-YS love line along this path. I mean, with the type of person DJ is, it is probably a bit weird to see him act lovey dovey. But he probably would show it in terms of hidden acts, which he has done some even before he was sure of his feelings (walking her home,buying her shoes, tying her shoe lace, get rid of the thugs for her). I guess, the only way YS would or could accept him if she realised how much he has done for her. Plus, it will be even weirder if DJ bulldozed into YS's heart the way her supposedly husband Gi Pyo did. I would like if DJ approach it differently. but then again, please make it fast...hehehehehe

@Lmangla..yes chinggu..I agree with you about your analysis of Ms Ko's family. Somehow or rather I did not see this family as being that bad. They had their cliche moments. But there are times when their good side is shown. For example, when Ms Ko defended DS's daughter after JY insulted her and the way Ms Ko seemed to warm up to SN and TY later. I mean she has a good heart but probably had to submit to that kind of behaviour to protect herself and her family. HS also is not that bad..he is childish definitely but he loves his mom and sister very much. I guess his pride was hurt because he knew he is not a direct descendent of the family and he tried to proof his woth but keep on failing. Of course, he is not smart at all which is why all of that happen. I mean look at how he was caught many times by DJ for trying to sabotage. His mind is small but even so he has not done anything which warrant him to be a super villain so far actually like any other K Drama. I think eventually he would give in on his own for his mom.

I think the super villain of this whole show would be DJ's wife. Her character is so quiet so far...Another one is Gi Pyo..but then this one would eventually give in for YS, I think

Anyway, I always love the background music when HW appear anywhere..it suits her..hehehe...so giyom..And now they are under one roof, it would be interesting to see how TY warm up to her. I think TY would end up protecting her somehow which then become his ground for his true feelings for her..hehehe

Anyway..what I think is just my 2 cents chinggus..Cant' wait for today's live eps...:grin::heart:

4 hours ago, pinkdicentra said:

@Latte_Anyday I like rainy days too when I don't have anything planned. It's the perfect time to watch dramas in bed! As for the first snow of the year, there's still a little bit of excitement before the realization of winter's inconvenience settles in. The romantic cliche is good for dramas but not for real life.

After watching the subs, I have to say that this episode was so cute! Yes, YS is so slow. Probably DJ's bulldozer style (recommended by TY) is the best way to get to her. I liked how he immediately returned the question to her and asked if she liked him and if that was why she asked the question originally. His corny jokes are ridiculously cute, eg. "Let's meet at 2am . . . In our dreams . . . The internet said that it was every women's favourite line." I wonder if DJ was ever supposed to be a corny punster; I keep thinking that it was added as a response from the Happy Together episode. YS may feel burdened, but she needs to take some responsibility for opening the can of (DJ love) worms when she asked him if he liked her.

I liked HW and TY individually but it really wasn't until this episode that I could get on board with their relationship. But now with TY feeling something, it's a more balanced love story. It's funny how TY is the love mentor for DJ and YS though. Also, the Min family is so funny even when they are arguing, especially when HW literally ran/drove away from home with HS chasing after her.

As for Jun oppa, I think he's the most admirable now than he's ever been the entire drama. I think DS should be proud of him instead of being despaired. He's finally grown up and taking responsibility for his own life.

@pinkdicentra..agree..I think LDG @ DJ is trying to proof to all that he is not as what they said in Happy Together..hehehehe..and yes..yesterday's ep is so cuteeeee...

Had some free time while waiting for dinner, so I'm doing something different for this episode. Instead of writing long comments, I'll let photos do the talking :lol: p/s: These are among my favourite scenes from the episode haha!!! pp/s: Long post ahead!!!!

EBqNppO.jpg

wmk7AKU.jpg

6hOMi5a.jpg

lwXYP33.jpg

Y1XQu1L.jpg

u8lhPG9.jpg

J3E9u0w.jpg

CigZrx1.jpg

m28aCjd.jpg

pwJBgGn.jpg

ToFZtDZ.jpg

zbQqt7W.jpg

ly40SIS.jpg

so2S7W2.jpg

jos3Mir.jpg

AHJ77NP.jpg

SLKIpfG.jpg

Qx2YoBX.jpg

gzqsWPa.jpg

jPfGCFj.jpg

And then this whole sequence LOLOL:

FTVQNDD.jpg

9NNZ8vH.jpg

71Chn3s.jpg

t5pKB2r.jpg

so many thoughts after watching the episode with subs. I hope I don't write an essay! hahahhaha....

@Latte_Anyday ~ yea,I love the sound of rain too especially after a long, hot summer. there is something kind of magical when it starts raining. @pinkdicentra ~ it is interesting how different cultures romanticize aspects of weather. so korea has this thing about finding love with the first snowfall? well, in my language songs, often the first rain is used to convey the feeling of falling in love...

this drama is showing something interesting to me --  the effect of confidence on a person's ability to handle rejection and pursue their interest despite being turned down. hyowon is a confident person and while others might see her as childish or oddball, she likes herself. so there is no awkwardness in her interaction with taeyang. he turned her down and while she isn't chasing him so to speak, she still feels confident to have a normal conversation with him as herself and convey her hurts etc. in the same way, we see a confident dong jin tackle yun shil. I loved it when he asked why she asked him if he liked her; while she turns him down as "why would someone like him like her" , she actually didn't answer his question. he got rejected but instead of reacting with hurt or pettiness or embarrassment, he is so laissez-faire, casual about it. till she has given a clear indication of how she really feels, he feels confident to go ahead and pursue her. and taeyang encouraging him probably gives him the boost that he isn't a stalker....

so being confident in yourself will turn even potentially embarrassing situations like confessing and being rejected into a kind of comedy where you can laugh and be amused. wasn't dong jin kind of suave this episode? ;)

@ctheirne @taehumama ~ am expecting to see a long journey for dong jin and yun shil because unless gyo po dies or hyojoo disappear somewhere abroad like how it happens in most kdramas, both of them are going to have to deal with the baggage of the past before they move forward. so it won't be as easy for them. 

@inna75 ~ I really liked hyosang in this episode! the ko family interactions just crack me up. "gorilla! chimpanzee! white shark! sloth!" -- is what hyowon hilariously calls hyosang when he refuses to re-hire taeyang. doesnt' she sound like she is ten years old and fighting with her 12 year old brother? :lol::lol: even when he rushes out to stop her from running off, his exasperated "that brat!" cracked me up.

he loves his sister and from the preview, it looks like he is worried that taeyang will be using hyowon for revenge... big brother mode on! but I can see why hyosang will feel that way. during the scene when taeyang was riding the bus home and thinking that hyosang is a jerk, my thought was that both these guys are the same in a bizarre way.

so taeyang goes to work knowing it is jieun's boyfriend just to see what kind of man is hyosang but he had no intention of working there forever. the flip side? hyosang hires taeyang knowing it is jieun's ex just to see what kind of man is taeyang but he had no intention of employing taeyang forever either... so arent' they both alike? their interactions with each other have got more to do with their own issues with self-confidence than how they feel about jieun!

it was interesting that it was taeyang's lack of self-confidence that had him tied to jieun and now that he has his confidence, he finds it easy to cut the chord. he deletes her number and pushes forward. in the same way, for hyosang, jieun is about value to himself. hyojoo put it well -- no influential family will have hyosang and while jieun has no family, she is an announcer and smart and so is a catch. so catching jieun kind of reinforces to hyosang that he is alright and gives him a confidence boost. thats the heart of his relationship with her. hmmm... so what happens when he finds confidence in himself? will he no longer need her? will he cut the chord as swiftly and decisively like taeyang?

but I can see how hyosang will genuinely worry about taeyang's intentions -- taeyang is really bold and lion like in his interactions with hyosang and he hasn't seen that warmth that hyowon has. he knows his sister is a ditzy innocent oddball and with a first love, she is easy pickings to be manipulated. so I can see how he would worry about whether taeyang is going to use his sister as revenge.

and the heartbeat scene, what I liked is how taeyang's heart beat at her teary face -- he just called her a kid for crying and then his heart starts to beat on seeing her. in real life, she would have looked absolutely terrible crying away, (not gorgeous and confident) and it is at that moment, his heart beats. kind of romantic no? :D

am not sure if hyojoo will continue to be a baddie @inna75; was amused to see hyosang raise his hands for a high five at the dinner table when she said jieun isn't a bad choice. while she responded with an eye roll, it looks like there are times when the family does get on awkwardly well. it was kind of funny to see her accurately predict how ms. ko will react at taeyang's background -- she seemed amused. so she seems to have a kind of love-hate relationship with the family. perhaps her arc will be to grow out of that and make peace with her family.....

10 hours ago, AlexMao said:

Looking at Sung Joon especially he looks so darn defeated now, almost like a wounded animal waiting for that final kill-shot to release him.

kekeke... great description. but I like where he is now. he is finding a way to reclaim his pride. in a way, dong sook is right in recognizing that her actions to try help him actually took away what he had left - his pride. so his trot journey enables him to find himself by his own efforts and once he does that, he will be able to hold himself as a man.... as for mr. park, am oddly getting attached to his cheap ways -- hahahaha... he is both awful and endearing in a weird way! :sweatingbullets: is it too much to want a nice lady for him who would appreciate his penny pinching? hahahhaha....

to summarize this episode ~ the effect of confidence on a person's heart to receive love and handle rejection...

15 minutes ago, wizuwizu said:

Had some free time while waiting for dinner, so I'm doing something different for this episode. Instead of writing long comments, I'll let photos do the talking :lol: p/s: These are among my favourite scenes from the episode haha!!! pp/s: Long post ahead!!!!

where is the LOL button when we need it! hahahahah.... please continue with these comics when you get time! the comments were great!

leaf5

something amusing... but I have noticed in the last few days, that when I stop by this thread, I see an ad for custom menswear suits on the bottom of the page! does mr. internet/soompi/computer algorithm think that because I am watching this tailor shop drama, I would also be interested in buying some suits?

leaf17

Scene starts from yesterday:

YS tells DJ to stop. YS tells DJ that he knows of her situation. Then DJ says is it because of Hong Gi Pyo? He said you're not his wife. (He said other things but I didn't understand them) He takes his leave. Ys is tearing up. They walk to work, with YS a few steps back. She reminisces back when she came home to find Gi Pyo waiting for and had his goons blocking the exit. She offered money but he said he wanted her, not money. She tears up and DJ notices but he walks ahead anyway.

The scene at the tailor shop. Conversation among DJ, SD and Mrs. Geum. then came YS. she offered him tea but he refused

HW is in TY's room as is looking at everything he owns. She looks at his books, and even his favourite cup noodles. She opens his drawer and accidentally touches his boxer lol. He tells her it's inappropriate for a lady to be in a men's room. Someone knocks on the door and asks to enter. HW quickly hides in TY's bed under the blanket. It's TY's neighbor. HW's stomach churns but TY cover it as his. Once the guy leaves, HW demands that they go eat

They're having breakfast. HW tells TY that she runs from home, and she resigns. And TY asks how she got to the gosiwon and signs a contract. The restaurant owner says TY has a very pretty doll-like gf, to which HW thanks her. They say something and HW takes it a step further and tells the ajumma that they're married. They got a free dish. TY is bewildered but said nothing. HW even goes so far as calling her yeobo and feeding him

Archived