[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

I checked naver top 100 just recently and i was shocked that yesterday's teaser don't make it to top 3 vid. It is actually at no 24. I am a bit worried now. Is this bcoz of the nail thingy? I really hate it when people blame the cast and the drama itself for that kind of thing. Its not fair. 

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, thao_2512 said:

I just want to say even with many ifans dropping interest and think the drama has become draggy/boring ( again, slice of life isn't the kind of drama ifans like) Doctors is still doing extremly well online.

No flower boy, no exclusive (UF is exclusive at DF and likewise with W at Vilki so they would get the most views there ), no big budget but Doctors has been and is still #1 in both Viki and DF

Most would be credited to Shinhye's international popularity (We all know why they checked out this drama in the 1st place since they don't know the rest of the cast, maybe LSK bc of CITT but she isn't that big either lol)  but of course also the writing and acting of the whole cast that keep them coming back too :) 

I also think the high rating makes some people get curious too 

If you have an acct on Viki and DF please don't forget to rate the drama.

@thao_2512, I don't think many fans are dropping this drama, I think it's all relative. Don't get me wrong, there are some people saying they are dropping this drama, but the ratings don't lie. The people dropping, don't even come close to the people watching this drama. 

I'm sure SBS is more than happy with the ratings and viewership for this drama. It's the highest ranking SBS drama of all the ones that have aired in this time slot since 2013 (actually, longer than that)--not one of the dramas listed below even came close--except Punch which ranked as high as 14.8% nationwide.

Date Episode TNmS (%) Nielsen Korea (%)
Nationwide Seoul Nationwide Seoul Peak
2016-06-20 01 11.4 (4th) 15.1 (4th) 12.9 (4th) 14.7 (4th) 18.4
2016-06-21 02 12.4 (4th) 16.9 (3rd) 14.2 (4th) 16.2 (4th) 20.0
2016-06-27 03 12.8 (4th) 16.5 (3rd) 14.4 (3rd) 16.9 (3rd) 21.1
2016-06-28 04 14.6 (3rd) 17.8 (2nd) 15.6 (3rd) 18.0 (2nd) 23.0
2016-07-04 05 16.1 (3rd) 20.7 (1st) 18.4 (3rd) 20.2 (3rd) -
2016-07-05 06 16.8 (3rd) 20.8 (1st) 19.7 (3rd) 21.6 (2nd) 25.7
2016-07-11 07 18.4 (3rd) 22.3 (1st) 18.8 (3rd) 21.3 (2nd) 24.8
2016-07-12 08 17.8 (3rd) 20.3 (2nd) 19.2 (2nd) 21.1 (2nd) 25.1
2016-07-18 09 16.8 (3rd) 20.0 (2nd) 19.4 (3rd) 21.5 (2nd) 26.3
2016-07-19 10 17.2 (4th) 19.9 (2nd) 19.3 (2nd) 22.6 (2nd) 27.3
2016-07-25 11 17.2 (3rd) 20.2 (1st) 19.2 (3rd) 21.9 (2nd) -
2016-07-26 12 18.2 (3rd) 20.9 (1st) 18.7 (3rd) 21.7 (2nd) 25.9
2016-08-01 13 17.6 (4th) 20.6 (1st) 18.5 (3rd) 20.8 (1st) -
2016-08-02 14 17.2 (3rd) 21.2 (1st) 19.6 (2nd) 21.8 (1st) 26.1
2016-08-08 15 20.0 (3rd) 23.3 (1st) 21.3 (2nd) 23.1 (1st) 27.3
2016-08-09 16 18.4 (2nd) 21.4 (1st) 20.6 (2nd) 22.4 (1st) 26.2

SBS Monday & Tuesday Night (9:55 PM)

Title Start Date End Date
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 2016-Aug-29 2016-Nov-01
Doctors 2016-Jun-20 2016-Aug-23
Jackpot 2016-Mar-28 2016-Jun-14
Six Flying Dragons 2015-Oct-05 2016-Mar-22
Mrs. Cop 2015-Aug-03 2015-Sep-29
High Society 2015-Jun-08 2015-July-28
Heard It Through the Grapevine 2015-Feb-23 2015-Jun-02
Punch 2014-Dec-15 2015-Feb-17
Secret Door 2014-Sep-22 2014-Dec-09
Temptation 2014-Jul-14 2014-Sep-16
Doctor Stranger 2013-Apr-28 2014-Jul-08
God's Gift - 14 Days 2013-Dec-02 2014-Apr-22
One Warm Word 2013-Dec-02 2014-Feb-25

cr:  DramaWiki

• Like 24

1 hour ago, liz-danielle said:

WELL CHINGUS... don't you guys remember there was a photo of camp car with one double bed?? Page 883 

Sorry for the cut!

cr to Agie

Yeah! And I remember that I said that this could be scenario for the next "special thing". Remember the maths: episode 6, episode 12 and the next will be episode 18. So my dearest friends, take it easy and drink a relaxing tea, because we can faint with the camping result... :blush:

• Like 20

On 8/13/2016 at 10:57 PM, sweetbloom74 said:

'Doctors' ♥ Park Shin Hye Kim Rae-won, a date night

2016-08-14

First,it was an earphone date, then a picnic, now a night date . . . .  when will be the date to the altar? :heart:

Excerpt:

x x x . . .. In particular, it illuminates the dark night, soft lighting, only two people feel that the atmosphere is more romantic. Picturesque and romantic scenery silence like a trembling heart beats even hear the sound, the appearance of two people in love here that will truly blend the best completion date night.

Source:http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=919659

Reveal hidden contents

this scene look familiar --- the heirs camping scene!! 

Sorry guys it just remind me about the heirs.. there are so many similarity...

1471140268-85.jpg

docs-12.jpg

coincidence?

off topic

Edited by lupita311
off topic
  • Like 21

58 minutes ago, sunflower001 said:

Hug and back hug ??? Ahhh weiiiii.... They need to do some pouncing and more !!!!! I want to see proof of how good JH is at something MORE than pouncing like he said to HJ in the bedroom scene !!! :w00t::w00t: 

@sunflower001:lol:, yes pouncing would be nice.  If we can't have pouncing, can we at least have Ji Hong giving Hye Jung a back hug?  I think that would do very nicely.

• Like 21

7 hours ago, ash011 said:

LETTER TO THE DOCTOR TEAM

TO,

PDnim ,Writernim ,SPY 

FROM,

All The International and Korean fans

Dear Sir/Mam, 

SUBJECT : Requesting for kiss scenes, bed scenes , Proposal scene !!!!

First of all i would like to congratulate and thank the entire DOCTORS team for giving us a great drama. To be frank i have watched 80+ dramas, and have been PSH fan from a long time! But this is my first drama where i am going crazy and watching it live! Yes this drama made me and all the people over here crazy ! Talking about the romance it is one of the best OTP ever, just love jihye couple, you can't even guess how much i like them! 

I am requesting you to please give us a lot of romantic scenes! PLEASE! I'M LITERALLY BEGGING U! Yes i know that there are a lot of things to cover up, but but we got only 4 episodes left! JUST 4 EPISODES :( And we fans don't know whether JIHYE couple will be paired again once the drama ends, if at all they get paired again we don't know whether they will have love interest plot, if at all they get love interest plot we don't know whether they will have kiss , bed or proposal scenes ! But all we know is NOW THE TIME IS PERFECT for both of them!! Please don't waste this precious time! Only 4 episodes left :( (Makes me sad whenever i think its only 2 more weeks) . So can you please give more romantic scenes ?? jebal :(:(:(:( DON'T DISAPPOINT THE FANS PDnim WRITERnim SPYnim .... PLEASE DON'T 

Thank you,

From all the doctors fans 

If this is a petition, I'll sign it right now.

Yaaay!! Camping trip, after the disciplinary hearing. So he's consoling her with a trip? Where can I get a Ji Hong??? And that shirt, I love that kind of shirt on KRW; well with a great body like that, even a rice sack would look good on him. :tears:

40 minutes ago, andreasofia16 said:

About the disciplinary committee...

I think that SW's father will try to expose the JH-HJ relationship like a bad thing to affect the HJ's reputation and the JH career. He will try to kill two birds with the same stone but he'll fail. But the doctors know JH and respect him for his reputation, integrity and his compromise with the hospital. He's a professional. He will explain the situation and SW will explain the origin of the rumor. That's what I think we will see... I hope so... :flushed:

I have that feeling also, but seriously there's nothing wrong about two doctors in the same hospital to have relationship and get married. My mom and dad worked at the same hospital. I wonder if it's because they are on the same department? But no... Doctor profession is not like regular office worker. They practically a consultant that coincidentally worked at the same place, like lawyers. But then again, Ji Hong is a staff member and Hye Jung is the fellow under him...

I'm contradicting myself, aren't I? Two different personalities surfaced at the same time. Something is wrong with my brain. kekeke.

I'm still hoping that Seo Woo will save the day though, she needs that redemption and break free from her dad. She thought he used to be a good person, means she admit that now Dad is not that cool anymore. Imagine how she would feel once she knows that her dad is such a doctor with lots of negligence.

I think aside of Grandmother's case, there's also one big question that has not be answered:

Why did Hye Jung come to Gook Il.

We all assume that she came because of Grandmother, Seo Woo thought she came because of Ji Hong. Soon Hee thought she knew what the reason is, Seo Woo thinks that Soon Hee doesn't really know the real reason. But actually Hye Jung never really revealed why, even to Soon Hee she's being vague. Or did I miss something?

Would we get the real reason? That she really came to Gook Il for Ji Hong?? Hehehe...

5 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I'm truly sad that Kang Soo may not be able to to continue being a doctor if he survives his brain tumor. However, if he can survive, he still has another love that's gained a lot of popularity--writing magna/comic scripts/webtoons.  I just hope he survives with his health.

Ah this... you're so right. I think this is why the writer 'gave' the disease to Kang Soo, he's the only one with backup plan and actually his dream was to become a webtoon writer. 

When one door closes, another door will open.

I'm sure that they will not kill off Kang Soo, because Kang Soo will become a successful writer and his story will be brought to TV drama with Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won as the leads, the drama is called DOCTORS. kekekek...

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, liz-danielle said:

this scene look familiar --- the heirs camping scene!! 

Sorry guys it just remind me about the heirs.. there are so many similarity...

coincidence?

I think that's why a lot of people said that Doctors reenacting a lot of SH's previous drama

Spoiler

Add to that collection:

The accidental voice message recording: You're Beautiful

Earphone sharing: Heartstring

11 minutes ago, angelangie said:

someone said he is much better than just pouncing right? :D 

I believe Hye Jung will do the pouncing, and Ji Hong will continue... she's a good student, fast learner and more. Kekeke... definitely an overachiever.

• Like 22

looking back in one of the new still pic of late night fishing/camping date scene, from back view, JiHong was sitting alone at the folding chair.. wondering what hapen there... SBS/PDnim ..you're better not trolling us.... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, tatidu said:

looking back in one of the new still pic of late night fishing/camping date scene, from back view, JiHong was sitting alone at the folding chair.. wondering what hapen there... SBS/PDnim ..you're better not trolling us.... :sweatingbullets:

i was aware of that photo as well when i first saw the photo stills... :smirk: 

we are having such a fragile heart these days and i know why. :heartbreak:.. but i think he is missing his godfather... so i dont think too much... :relieved::innocent:

• Like 13

5 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@thao_2512, I don't think many fans are dropping this drama, I think it's all relative. Don't get me wrong, there are some people saying they are dropping this drama, but the ratings don't lie. The people dropping, don't even come close to the people watching this drama. 

I'm sure SBS is more than happy with the ratings and viewership for this drama. It's the highest ranking SBS drama of all the ones that have aired in this time slot since 2013 (actually, longer than that)--not one of the dramas listed below even came close--except Punch which ranked as high as 14.8% nationwide.

I'm not talking about Korean fans which you showed me the rating but ifans...

I check the tag daily so I can tell the difference 

Like I said this kind of drama isn't one ifans like so most of them think it's getting boring or lost in the mountain after 1st 6 eps lol

That's why I'm glad and pleasantly surprised that Doctors is still #1 on both Viki and DF even their rate ( at Viki ) dropped to 9.5

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, tatidu said:

I notice that too and when they seem to be talking (as in the preview) HJ had her bag and JH didnt. So does that mean she left him alone after their fishing date... NOOOOO sleepover - AISH!!! no trolling PDnim pls?? 

30000544314_99_20160814092104.jpg?type=w

5c25583467b948d41a08caa228e195e9.png

• Like 21

Only four episodes and we have a lot of things to resolve. :( I have no clue about the pairings. Well, we only have one set: JH and HJ :wub: but I'm waiting for the proposal and the wedding... We deserve to be invited to their wedding! :D I need to know in case I have to buy a dress... Most important, since today, I'm on a diet, just in case they invite us... :P:D

• Like 15

To be honest. I never get why  we or fans of Kdrama are so concerned with whether this drop or that drop or if it got into top 10 or whatever or all this fan hate. 

I felt that the best way we could show support is to continue to enjoy the drama and spread good word about it. Doctors is a success irregardless. It is only down to 4 more episodes. Let us all enjoy the ride then to worry unnecessary. 

• Like 19

3 hours ago, thao_2512 said:

I just want to say even with many ifans dropping interest and think the drama has become draggy/boring ( again, slice of life isn't the kind of drama ifans like) Doctors is still doing extremly well online.

No flower boy, no exclusive (UF is exclusive at DF and likewise with W at Vilki so they would get the most views there ), no big budget but Doctors has been and is still #1 in both Viki and DF

Most would be credited to Shinhye's international popularity (We all know why they checked out this drama in the 1st place since they don't know the rest of the cast, maybe LSK bc of CITT but she isn't that big either lol)  but of course also the writing and acting of the whole cast that keep them coming back too :) 

I also think the high rating makes some people get curious too 

If you have an acct on Viki and DF please don't forget to rate the drama.

Agree. This isn't your typical kdrama rom-com with too much focus on the romance and all the cute scenes that come with it. It doesn't have those typical conflicts that drive the plot. Even the way the leads act out the romance is very subtle. 

That's why I'm of the opinion that this is more suited to the kind of series that's comprised of more than one season, or if not, it should be extended a bit up to 4 more additional episodes just to thresh out and tie up loose plot ends, similar to the mini-series setup in American television.

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, tatidu said:

Don't worry, she went to change her clothes. She will wear her pajamas... :phew: :blush:

• Like 17

18 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

I notice that too and when they seem to be talking (as in the preview) HJ had her bag and JH didnt. So does that mean she left him alone after their fishing date... NOOOOO sleepover - AISH!!! no trolling PDnim pls?? 

HJ suddenly got a call from the congressman :P.. so no sleepover LOL

9 minutes ago, andreasofia16 said:

Don't worry, she went to change her clothes. She will wear her pajamas... :phew: :blush:

yeah.. she will come back with her lingerie pajamas on :blush:

• Like 13