alright...i'll hide it for you :w00t: 

Spoiler

credit as tagged

Spoiler

credit to owner

Anyway, here's PSH on Doctors' last day filming

credit to owner

• Like 9

@AyameThank you so much for translating Kim Rae Won's interview. Waiting for the next part. 

it was interesting to see his inputs in d drama. Imagine if he had told those iconic lines nervously, the impact wdnt have been this much. Thank god for KRW, we got those epic lines which has become the most loved lines by all! 

Coming to Doctors as a kshow, it didnt have great plot or nail-biting climax. It had a gentle story telling with interesting chrs. i liked the idea of a show which shows the progress of a female gangster to a great doctor. i even liked the cameos who lent the story its moments of pathos and drama. My friend infact liked a few of those cameos than main chrs. i only feel that cameos could have been effectively used in developing the main actors' chrs. For example after the twins father's suicide attempt, Hye Jung was relating from her experience and was able to stop him from jumping. i wish writers had shown more such connect with such cases and make hye jung evolve as a better human being who forgives the doctor who inadvertently killed her grandmom. not all case studies shd be for hye jung. there was one for SW, the way she was able to relate to that abandoned wife was heartwarming. But there was no closure of the parallel.  that is the reason every new cameo ended up an isolated case study and some times took away the attention from the main story. We could have cases where JY wd find some answers. As some one had pointed out, the sister's story was incomplete. When KS was shown sick, you know what one of my friend said, May be the prodn house did not get any big actor. so they made one of the cast to fall sick. Even that story had lot going to it as that chr and actor was popular among fans. But the way SW's dad fell sick was too sudden and convenient. After all their unique story telling, the ending had cliched finish. Villain falling sick and the heroine and hero saves him. And he ends up saying thank you. And HY's change was also too sudden. After all the vengeance, HY suddenly realizing the futility was not that believable. 

Inspite of all these issues, Doctors as a show worked becos of great writing (dialogues were awesome and were so relatable) wonderful acting (not just from main actors, but from support actors and cameos!), great chemistry (not just JiHye couple, but i loved the girls' chemistry, SW with Young Gook, interns bonding, Head of Neurosurgery n JH!) and feel good factor which makes it a pleasant watch. Even the cheesy dialogues worked thanx to KRW! 

i started the show for PSH but i rediscovered my old favourite KRW! He really made us all yearn for Hong kind of chr in our life. Loving, caring, protective, and one who gives u space to do your own thing also. And he doesnt get angry when we do mistake also. How good can one get! Hong Ji Hong was the best of this show!!!! Though the show is abt Hye Jung (PSH was great in this role! one of her career best i would say), all other chrs made a difference. 

• Like 15

11 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@NongpeeP @zia28 There are times I think when the casting of an idol becomes detrimental to the drama.  It's hard to get away from their idol persona.  It becomes difficult to suspend your disbelief and see them as the characters they play.  And oftentimes, in the interests of preserving their idol image, their acting is restricted.  In the end, the drama suffers because it just becomes another vehicle to promote the idol and not the story itself because most, if not all the time, I'm sure their fans watch just to see their idol but not because they're interested in the story.  :(

KRW isn't an idol by any stretch of the definition.  With PSH, I'm not entirely sure because I read somewhere that she used to be part of a girl group.  I could be wrong.  But in any case, even if she were, I think she's a full-fledged actress now.  

PSH is an actress and was a child actress.

Her family is musical family hence she original aimed to become a singer after getting discovered by LSH for his MV. In order to able to add more emotion in singing she was suggested to try acting. She took the audition for STH's child actress role and won over 250 other girls to get the role. STH was a huge hit and she got so popular and winning child actress awards for her very 1st acting role. The drama also changed her career direction and she decided to become an actress instead. The rest is history

She never debuted as an idol but she did have some singing and dancing training when she was really young as she debuted in STH when she was 13. You can find a lot of her dancing videos and she sings for her drama OST sometimes.

There are reasons why Productions want idols in their dramas even they can't act well: big hype, interest and high selling price from oversea and their big fan base's support. We are talking about business and profit here, especially one aiming for hallyu

It's also the reason that make PSH is unique place as an actress. She is the only young actress she has big fan base, hallyu and selling power even more than most idols along with her acting skill and Korea public love her. She lacks nothing.

http://www.kpopbehind.com/2016/04/korean-drama-and-film-world-looking-for.html

11 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Question: what's the difference between an idol and an actress? @akhenaten @DOCDOC

I guess, an actress is someone who acts, a singer someone who sings, but what does an idol do?

For it seems like in SK, there is a huge diff between the 2, but I can't seem to find the definition of its differences anywhere other than idol tend to appear in public more comfortably, while actor and actress are better in their work.

Ive always been a bit intrigued on who falls under which category...

KRW def seems more like an actor, as he's not flower boy enough to be idol, and as most have put it, he's more introverted and doesn't enjoy being with the public as a celebrity. Not to mention, his acting is def rock solid 

While PSH seems more borderline, as she's been pretty well known to speak well in public, and behaves very well resulting in general public liking her so much. But considering she started acting since she was a child, and the fact that a lot of articles have acknowledged that she is one of the best in her generation in acting, makes her an actress too? 

I'm confused. 

In Korea, idols are people that have good visual and do everything from singing, dancing variety show to acting etc... but singing and dancing should be their main things. They usually have strong fanbase and support 

Actors mostly focus on acting unless they are interested in other fields ( like JGS SJS when they aren't acting- and it's mostly not for money-making purpose but their personal interests) Some  actors are regulars for variety show too like CTH, LSG, and ones in RM but often not the Alist ones while most only likely to do it when promoting their projects. And hallyu actors sings at the FMs.

Their fanbase are a bit difference... They aren't as obsessed except Hallyu stars lol

But  Actors are placed way above idols

And many idols want to get into acting because 1. idol is a temp career most want to end with an acting career after 2. Acting get paid more and help them to gain a lot more popularity and income through CF( suzy, yoona, hyeri)

PSH is an actress. Period.

She has been acting since she was 13. And like most child actor/actresses she has a sweet and lovely image and is loved and protected by many, just like MGY, YSH and current child actresses are transforming to actresses  KSH KJY or child actor YJG

Speaking well or have good image doesn't mean she isn't an actress, In fact most actresses have better and elegant images while idols have more sexy and "less smart" ones

Suzy is a most loved idol for her beauty but when they compare her to shinhye.... They aren't the same in knet's eyes

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/07/park-shin-hye-and-suzy-two-actresses.html

And she is currently on top of young actresses in Korea although this one is from 2013. She has 3 hits since then making her at her current position

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/06/is-industry-suffering-from-shortage-of.html

There are other reasons why Korea adore Shinhye too, not just only her acting and natural beauty or that she talks well lol

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2015/06/park-shin-hye-impresses-with-her-filial.html?m=1

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/02/park-shin-hye-talks-about-taking-7.html

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/05/tv-three-meals-day.html

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2015/05/spoilers-three-meals-day.html

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/06/stars-and-their-filial-gifts-for-their.html

• Like 17

Kim Rae Won Shares How He Feels About Romantic Comedies After “Doctors”

Kim Rae Won Shares How He Feels About Romantic Comedies After “Doctors”

Actor Kim Rae Won recently stole hearts as the neurosurgeon Hong Ji Hong on SBS’s “Doctors,” where his romance with Park Shin Hye‘s Yoo Hye Jung helped the drama hold on to No. 1 in its timeslot for several weeks.

“Doctors” wrapped up on August 23, but on August 25 Kim Rae Won sat down for an interview to share his feelings about the drama.

“It had been a while since I’d done romantic comedy, but it was good,” he said. “Maybe not right away, but if there’s another good project like this one, I’d like to try romantic comedy again.”

“I’ve always liked romantic comedies,” he continued. “It’s also how many people got to know me. I think it’s the genre I am most confident in. It’s not pride, but I feel that I can contribute something that is my own.”

Kim Rae Won debuted in 1997 in the MBC drama “Me” and at the beginning of his career starred in several light romantic comedies. “At that time, I just acted without any limits,” he said. “I worked hard on external aspects. Now I try to focus on understanding the character and do a lot of thinking.”

It wasn’t until 2014’s “Punch” and the film “Gangnam Blues” that he became known for his tougher characters. “I think everything ends if you don’t have passion,” he said. “In my mid-twenties, I had a lot of worries, but I think it was necessary to be where I am today. Acting has become more interesting to me. I have a lot of things I want to do, and I just want to be able to do them well.”

He was more hesitant when it came to questions about dating and marriage. “I don’t really know,” he said. “I have a lot of things to do… It might take a few years, right? It’s not that I’m determined to be single. I have big dreams for the second half of my life.”

GENERAL

Yoon Kun Sang addresses speculation he has something going on with Lee Sung Kyung

By alim17   

lee-sung-kyung

Actor Yoon Kun Sang talked about his 'Doctors' co-star Lee Sung Kyung in an interview on August 29!  The two have been so close these days that it appears some eyebrows are being raised about their relationship.

Regarding this, he said, "I heard the rumors recently.  But those rumors came about because Lee Sung Kyung and I are so close, so they don't bother me that much. Lee Sung Kyung is so bright and mischievous.  It's to the point her nickname is 'Beagle.'  I likewise play around and receive her jokes, and seeing as how we also act together, I think talk like that is going around.  On top of that, our chemistry in the drama was good."

He continued complimenting Lee Sung Kyung with, "She's an actress who is alive and doesn't doll herself up.  The emotions that came out in the script Lee Sung Kyung was able to bring about in real life to draw out the image of Jin Seo Woo.  We talked a lot about the scenes, and she had a lot of thoughts and concerns.  I often thought she's a good actress. Unlike her normal beagle-like image, she had many thoughts and concerns about the production. We acted while sharing a lot of discussions."

• Like 20

@Ayame, THANK YOU for the translation of the interview on page 1136.  I'm going through Doctors' withdrawals and this article gave me a nice reprieve. 

I want another drama like Doctors. One with lines that makes my spine tingle in almost every episode. Where the male lead is a manly, confident man; one where we don't have stupid misunderstandings, but two adults who talk to each other and share their feelings.  I want another Doctors drama!!!!!!:bawling:

• Like 18

10 hours ago, Ayame said:

Oh my god. I can't believe I just spent 2 hours translating this, but I just did lol. I just translated Part 1 of KRW's SBS interview. There are 2 articles of the interview, Part 1 and Part 2 since the interview was really long. I'll try to get up Part 2 by tomorrow or something. Also, this is translated from the Japanese translation, so I'm hoping it's okay... because the grammar was really hard to translate at some points lol. Well enjoy. Japanese text credit to momotaro32343866 at ameblo.

Kim Rae Won, SBS Interview Part 1 [Translation]

Q: Your previous drama ‘Punch’ was quite different, it’s been a really long time since you’ve come back with a romantic comedy.

KRW: I wasn’t trying to stay away from the romantic comedy genre. I did receive offers for romantic-comedy movies and dramas, but I didn’t really feel the charm in those roles (that I was offered). Since I only do genres that greatly interests me, my filmography just seems to accumulate that way.

Q: Was there a reason you chose ‘Doctors’?

KRW: The medical genre is a job I hadn’t tried yet, so I thought it would be interesting. Shin Hye was cast earlier and I heard that Shin Hye said, “It would be interesting to work with Rae Won-sunbae.” At the time, I was filming my movie, so when I joined ‘Doctors’, they had already filmed for 1 month and a half. Once I finished filming my movie, 2 weeks before the 1st broadcast I had to film right away, and that caused a lot of worries.

Q: But the outcome of that turned out well.

KRW: The filming went as successfully as I imagined it would. It’s been a long time since I’ve done the romantic comedy genre, but I wasn’t worried at all. If the production is good, then I’ll join it, but I think I currently don’t have any plans to join any other productions. Since I have 2 movie premieres coming up. (laughs)

Q: Truthfully, for Kim Rae Won the actor, isn’t it a mix of even if you try to be separate from the romantic comedy genre, you can’t truly be separated from that genre?

KRW: It’s exactly like that. A lot of people have come to know me through my works related to the romantic comedy genre, and I think I personally have the most confidence in that. It’s not arrogance, but I thought it was a genre that only I could do. It’s something that I personally realized. But, that doesn’t necessarily mean that I just want to make use of only that. As I grew into an adult, I had to do more important things. However, looking at the good response to ‘Doctors’ recently, I’m happy. If I did the same things as before, then I wouldn’t have said such things before, but I had the desire to do romantic comedies again. I’m really happy.

Q: Your ‘Doctors’ character Hong Ji Hong had the characteristic of saying things shamelessly. The secret to creating that character?

KRW: I wasn’t thinking of anything. (laughs) The lines itself had many difficult parts, but there were really a lot of lines that gives goosebumps. There were lines that really gave me goosebumps, so I was worried and thought if I said it this way, how would it be, and tried using such expressions. Later on, the director requested that I use such expressions, so at the time I was okay with it. The viewers like it, so I didn’t want to use those expressions all the time.

Q: As an actor, having physical strength seems to be a big issue. Did you not have any regrettable moments while filming?

KRW: Following the middle part, there was an experience that I didn’t make good use of. No matter what production I’m a part of, it’s unavoidable that there isn’t enough time, but I was really regretful of that. Even though I always look at the script a lot, I look at it not only from my standpoint, but from the director’s standpoint as well. Secondly, I had to be worried about whether I understood the intention, or what was it that we were conveying to the viewers, but there wasn’t enough time to do that efficiently. Therefore, in the later half, there were parts where my acting wasn’t as much as I wanted. I’m disappointed that (the viewers) can’t see the real story.

Q: What parts were you anxious about?

KRW: Looking at it carefully, from a certain episode, I began to be a little slow/heavy. I look at the drama as a really long movie. If the episodes in a drama changed, and the atmosphere jumped a bit, more than comparing it to a movie, the viewers see it in a carefree manner, so they can’t be aware of it, but I didn’t think of such things. Things like that were not really necessary, but in the parts where there’s conversations with Hye Jung, her circumstances were heavy, I carried it out in a very heavy atmosphere. In actuality, that wasn’t really needed, but the good scenes were where I’m gazing at and laughing with Hye Jung was. Looking back at the script, I understood everything that had to be explained. Therefore, if I did previous parts in a more cheerful way, it should have been more interesting, but there were parts I was unsatisfied with.

Q: Then, what parts did you think went well?

KRW: When (Ji Hong’s) father died, when Ji Hong was sobbing and the difficult time passed by for him. The next one was when arranging everything for my (Ji Hong’s) father, after spending 3 weeks in America and returning to Korea, that time passed like a sandglass. That used up a lot of sadness. I think that sequence was made use of really well. In the later part of the drama, when we see Ji Hong in his 20’s as an intern, we only saw for a little bit, but I was pleased with that.

Q: What the viewers seem to have been the most crazy about is Ji Hong’s lines. “Are you married? Do you have a boyfriend? That’s good, then.” Did you expect those lines to be such a big hit?

KRW: Actually, there’s a secret about those lines. I changed the order sequence of those lines, and changed the way I processed those lines. So, it became an issue, but the writer’s original intention wasn’t like that. You know, generally, in dramas, even though a character like Ji Hong is one that understands and protects, looking at that scene, he is an extreme ‘manly-type of man’. Actually, in the script, Ji Hong was supposed to say his lines in a very nervous and anxious way, but I wanted to do those lines in a manly type of way. I think I successfully changed it. (laughs) Do I seem too prideful? I shouldn’t say such things, but... (everyone laughs)

Q: As you’re acting, your character becomes your own creation. Do you have any other anecdotes?

KRW: During the fishing parts, the writer wondered whether Ji Hong should be good at fishing or not. However, I said showing how Ji Hong didn’t like fishing would be interesting.

Q: You have presence, so there seems to be possibility. Do you think there’s a difference between acting in romantic comedies in the past versus doing so now?

KRW: At the time, for the sake of making it interesting, for the sake of being seen, I put in a lot of effort. Therefore, not being aware of what my individual skills were, I did it without knowing the situation. It’s already been 13 years. I thought that if it’s ‘Doctors’, then it would be a risk. When Ji Hong’s father passed away, even though he should have protected Hye Jung, if I laughed too much, the character would have the problem of seeming double-layered. Therefore, I talked it over with the director. I wanted to have the freedom with the Hong Ji Hong character, but if I was too excessive, I wanted the director to tell me. In the end, we were able to finish it well. Ah, I put a lot of effort in appearing younger. I changed my hairstyle, I managed my complexion without fail. (laughs)

(Interview to be continued in Part 2)

Thank you Thank you @Ayame we all appreciated your efforts!!! 

• Like 10

@Ayame thank you so much for the translation.... KRW is indeed a very straight fwd and an actors actor indeed. I also wonder if JHs was stuttered during the helipad scene are we still goung gaga over him? I guess RWs shared some of his personality w JH then..:wub:

I also find it amusing on how he took care of his appearance for the drama.. :P so that ppl during the later eps is appropriate :D

@nonski you now share YKS to the rl beagle, personally they actually look good together.^_^

• Like 10

l

1 hour ago, ned_lee said:

@Ayame thank you so much for the translation.... KRW is indeed a very straight fwd and an actors actor indeed. I also wonder if JHs was stuttered during the helipad scene are we still goung gaga over him? I guess RWs shared some of his personality w JH then..:wub:

I also find it amusing on how he took care of his appearance for the drama.. :P so that ppl during the later eps is appropriate :D

Thank you 

@Ayame again for your translation with high effort, KimRaWon interviewed liking teaching acting class (our Professor in Acting HonHongHong)

@ned_lee Me too,  I am amazed with KimRaeWon's highly straightforward and extreme devotion to acting, he has very high standard of acting determination by doing actor job much beyong just actor's role but he consider overall drama in director's and scriptwriter's eyes too. 

--------

After Doctors ended, majority of audiences moved to Moonlight Drawn By Clouds (Park Bo Gum), not stick to SBS channel. 

Ratings Wed 29 Aug 2016

MoonlightDrawnByClouds : 16% KBS 

Kayo Stage : 11.5% KBS1
Monster : 10% MBC
ScarletHeartRyeo : E01 - 7.4% | E02 - 9.3% SBS LetsFightGhost : 3.2% TVN 

• Like 15

@parmma. Awww. The news about our second leads is so cute!  But it looks like if ever there's something cooking in real life, it might be between them first. Hahaha! But I do like them together too. If Yoon Do hadn't fallen for Hye Jung, he and Seo Woo would have made a cute couple. :)

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

@parmma. Awww. The news about our second leads is so cute!  But it looks like if ever there's something cooking in real life, it might be between them first. Hahaha! But I do like them together too. If Yoon Do hadn't fallen for Hye Jung, he and Seo Woo would have made a cute couple. :)

But if they were together, im afraid she still kick everyone life with her arrogance. Love sW with YG (calm &relax) though. She & yoon do's visual are great but their chrcter not matched with each other.

But agree with u, i dont have any objection if yoon kyun sang & sungkyung end up together in real life. Their height are daebak. Their children will be coconut trees. Lol.

• Like 11

This is for all YD lovers @nonski or like me whom fallen for YKS as well.

The articles I found the translations isnt as clear but if I got the gist of it this is my interpretation. Maybe @stroppyse can help and pick up things that I missed. Maybe reading it in Korean is better lol!

Article 1: http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=20160829110521801

:heart:  20160829110521496lgjo.jpg :heart:

In this artcle he talks about LSG being  nicknamed as the bright beagle. Working with her was fun as she often sings and dance creating good chemistry in the drama. 

Article 2: http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=2016082910540311220160829105402800ulhm.jpg

Working in many SBS dramas he has earnt a new nickname hahaha! "SBS sons" 

Article 3: Two page interviews which is in more depth... @stroppyse  can you please look at these 2 links---- THANK YOU!!! :blush:

http://media.daum.net/entertain/cluster/newsview?newsId=20160829184011359

http://media.daum.net/entertain/star/newsview?newsid=20160829184021360

20160829112256592dvtq.jpg

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, Rin90 said:

But agree with u, i dont have any objection if yoon kyun sang & sungkyung end up together in real life. Their height are daebak. Their children will be coconut trees. Lol.

LOL !! I thought the same too ! They are just too tall ! If I ever stand next to them I am like a hobbit or a minion !!!

• Like 7

As yesterday we discussed about idol actor/actress and non-idol actor/actress, some idols can be acceptable actors/actresses while some could not be recognized. Likewise, some non-idol actors/actresses can't act. There might not be fixed formular but individually presentable skills on acting indeed. 

IU and Baekhyun criticized for their poor acting on 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo'
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/iu-and-baekhyun-criticized-for-their-poor-acting-on-scarlet-heart-ryeo

SUZY CRITICIZED FOR POOR ACTING IN ‘UNCONTROLLABLY FOND’ — K-POP IDOL OF MISS A BLAMED FOR K-DRAMA’S CURRENT FAILING STATE 

http://www.inquisitr.com/3337401/suzy-criticized-for-poor-acting-in-uncontrollably-fond-k-pop-idol-of-miss-a-blamed-for-k-dramas-current-failing-state/

• Like 8

AHHH this thread is still alive & well - I'm so happy! I have to do a lot of back reading now! AHHH! LOL 

Chapter 3 of my fanfic is out! PLEASE do tell me what you think! It would help me a lot! I'm trying my best to give my version of Hye Jung & Ji Hong, continuing their lives (: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1167419/3/emergency-doctors-jihye-parkshinhye-doctors-kimraewon-hongjihong-yoohyejung-raeshin

• Like 9