[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

4 hours ago, kimiwaka said:

I'm still reading this topic in hopes that the question on a song will be answered.  Does anyone know the name of the song that plays when HJH and YHJ are riding the bike in ep. 2? The same song plays in ep. 6 when they are running through the rain towards the telephone booth, and then in ep. 20 when Seo Woo's father, Jin Myung Hoon, is in surgery.  It's a very pretty song. Someone said that it should appear on the soundtrack, but I haven't seen any updates on the soundtrack. Thank you.

The full OST was released a few weeks ago, but the song you mentioned wasn't included and was never released. There hasn't been any news on that either, so I assume that it won't be released? Unless something changes. There were 3 songs that I know of was not released: The bike scene you mentioned in Ep 2, the song that played when SW, SH, and HJ ran away in Ep 2, and the song in Ep 17 when Kang Soo cut is hair.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Ayame said:

The full OST was released a few weeks ago, but the song you mentioned wasn't included and was never released. There hasn't been any news on that either, so I assume that it won't be released? Unless something changes. There were 3 songs that I know of was not released: The bike scene you mentioned in Ep 2, the song that played when SW, SH, and HJ ran away in Ep 2, and the song in Ep 17 when Kang Soo cut is hair.

All these 3 songs are beautiful :love:  Why don't they release it :( I liked the song where SW,SH,HJ ran away more.. I want it..

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, sunflower001 said:

His hair is longer and he doesnt look as slim as he is now..prob old photos 

Unless he is wearing a wig and some editing is involved

Dont think its latest, how will the mag changed his style just like if his latest persona put him into dreamboat status :wub:.. and he looked plumpier on those pics.:)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, irilight said:

No Wedding Bells Yet for ‘Doctors’ Star Kim Rae Won

South Korean Movie Stars Protest Against Film Quota Cuts
South Korean Movie Stars Protest Against Film Quota Cuts (Photo : Getty Images)

Even if the Hallyu "Doctors" just ended, the medical drama’s star, Kim Rae Won, has not marriage plans yet. He is like “Descendants of the Sun” actor Song Joong-ki who is hounded with wedding rumors despite saying they are only close friends and not lovers with their co-stars.

Movienewsguide quoted Kim Rae Won, now 35, as saying, “I filmed two movies and have a lot to do still. [Marriage] probably won’t be for another few years. I’m not self-centered, but I have big dreams for the 2nd leg of my career.”

Although “Doctors” failed to dislodge “W” from the top spot in terms of viewership, the medical drama still retained its faithful fans because of the good chemistry between Hong Ji Hong, the character he plays, with Yoo Hye Jung, the character played by Park Shin Hye.

He assured that what is going between them is only an on-screen relationship. Kim Raw Won pointed out, “We cannot but have good chemistry because she really cares about an actor who plays the opposite role. There are actors who care only about their roles. But in this drama, Shin-hye and I were all open to each other and thus had no other option but to show good chemistry. Acting cannot be done alone.”

He explained the good chemistry to teamwork by discussing how they would tackle a scene as well as being open to each other. Like Song Joong-ki too who was not the first choice to pay the role of the doctor, Kim Rae won was also not the choice to play the actor because he was previously identified with very strong roles.

“Doctors” aired over SBS 20 episodes of the TV series from June 20 through Aug. 23.

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. They used one of my favorite photos of him.  I think he was on the cover of "Life" with this photo. He went to that protest with Lee Jung-Jin.

1 hour ago, irilight said:

@Jalhanda, I think the article failed to state whose choice.
I remember reading articles way before, that KRW was not the director's choice, exactly because the director identified him with strong role.  (Kind of surprising, given he has done some wonderful rom coms).  And as much as I have seen that written before, I never did see an article that stated who was the director's first choice. In fact, we never heard of anyone else having been offered the role and turn it down, which leads me to believe, that it was an internal discussion between the PDnim, scriptwriter, and maybe others on the production team. In other words, even if the PDnim had reservations initially, I don't think an offer went out to anyone else.

I think the news written with untrue informations eg. Doctors' less rating than W while the fact is Doctors's rating is higher than W almost double. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, NongpeeP said:

I think the news written with untrue informations eg. Doctors' less rating than W while the fact is Doctors's rating is higher than W almost double. 

Me too thnk tht. I almost think why my interpretation for tht sentences like 'doctors cant beat w rating' and wonder if my english comprhnsion is very poor cz i know w & doctors rating. Hahaha.. 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Rin90 said:

Me too thnk tht. I almost think why my interpretation for tht sentences like 'doctors cant beat w rating' and wonder if my english comprhnsion is very poor cz i know w & doctors rating. Hahaha.. 

Exactly! The rating in terms of viewership is much much mucccccccccccccch higher for doctors lol.. 

But i read a article that W beats doctors in something.. I don't remember what was that, since i wasn't interested in knowing it also. :D 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, irilight said:

No Wedding Bells Yet for ‘Doctors’ Star Kim Rae Won

South Korean Movie Stars Protest Against Film Quota Cuts (Photo : Getty Images)

Even if the Hallyu "Doctors" just ended, the medical drama’s star, Kim Rae Won, has not marriage plans yet. He is like “Descendants of the Sun” actor Song Joong-ki who is hounded with wedding rumors despite saying they are only close friends and not lovers with their co-stars.

Movienewsguide quoted Kim Rae Won, now 35, as saying, “I filmed two movies and have a lot to do still. [Marriage] probably won’t be for another few years. I’m not self-centered, but I have big dreams for the 2nd leg of my career.”

Although “Doctors” failed to dislodge “W” from the top spot in terms of viewership, the medical drama still retained its faithful fans because of the good chemistry between Hong Ji Hong, the character he plays, with Yoo Hye Jung, the character played by Park Shin Hye.

He assured that what is going between them is only an on-screen relationship. Kim Raw Won pointed out, “We cannot but have good chemistry because she really cares about an actor who plays the opposite role. There are actors who care only about their roles. But in this drama, Shin-hye and I were all open to each other and thus had no other option but to show good chemistry. Acting cannot be done alone.”

He explained the good chemistry to teamwork by discussing how they would tackle a scene as well as being open to each other. Like Song Joong-ki too who was not the first choice to pay the role of the doctor, Kim Rae won was also not the choice to play the actor because he was previously identified with very strong roles.

“Doctors” aired over SBS 20 episodes of the TV series from June 20 through Aug. 23.

source

This is something that I wanted to ask earlier.. in comparing the rating between W and Doctor's which I dont think its fair to do that but since this article mentioned it - how did "Doctors" failed to dislodge "W" from the top spots in terms of viewership? Last I looked at the ratings Doctors did better than W.  Im lost- can anyone explain this as I do recall it was mentioned in previous articles but I never understood it thinking it might be a typo in translations. 

See ratings for W : http://asianwiki.com/W_(Korean_Drama)

At present, in W the lowest AGB ratings Nationwide is in ep 1 - 8.6% and highest in AGB ratings Nationwide is in ep 7 - 13.8%

Doctors: http://asianwiki.com/Doctors_(Korean_Drama) 

Whereas in Doctors  the lowest AGB ratings Nationwide was in ep 1 - 12.9% and highest in AGB ratings Nationwide is in ep 15 - 21.3%

Anyway here is YG (BSH)  thoughts on PSH and KRW

THANK YOU YYS in twitter. :blush:

• Like 18

29 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

26 minutes ago, Rin90 said:

" Although “Doctors” failed to dislodge “W” from the top spot in terms of viewership, the medical drama still retained its faithful fans because of the good chemistry between Hong Ji Hong, the character he plays, with Yoo Hye Jung, the character played by Park Shin Hye. "

@NongpeeP, @Rin90,   You are absolutely correct about ratings;
That is why  I think the writer of the article is referring to CPI; It is true that W got higher CPI than Doctors. But he/she is incorrect in the statement that viewership of W surpassed "Doctors."  You are absolutely correct.   :)

I just added a comment on the article about it. Feel free to comment to them as well.

@Kasmic chingu... just saw your response too...  Do take a look at my comment to the writer on Yibada, and pleases everyone, leave your comments there too.

• Like 10

This is the article link from the above translations : http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000206514

I feel bad but if you can skim thru this article and help translate some interesting bits that would be great... THANK YOU!!! @stroppyse or @snowglobe147 or @parisonheaven :heart::heart: :heart:

2016082417172716994-540x344_99_201609011

2016082417164519923-540x785_99_201609011

2016082417162516372-540x373_99_201609011

and WOW he looks so different without his glasses. Hisnot "England" anymore :tears:

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, irilight said:

" Although “Doctors” failed to dislodge “W” from the top spot in terms of viewership, the medical drama still retained its faithful fans because of the good chemistry between Hong Ji Hong, the character he plays, with Yoo Hye Jung, the character played by Park Shin Hye. "

That is why  I think the writer of the article is referring to CPI; It is true that W got higher CPI than Doctors.

W only beat Doctors in CPI for one week (I think the week when W premiere), the week after Doctors back to no 1, and then week after some variety show beat Doctors, if I'm not wrong Flaming Youth, but Doctors still no 2, and then week after another variety show beat Doctors, i think it's Infiniti Challenge, but Doctors also still no 2. So NO, W not beat Doctors in CPI.

I think W only beat Doctors in rank for show that most talk about or most comment. If I'm not wrong W no 1 and Doctors no 2

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, irilight said:

That is why  I think the writer of the article is referring to CPI; It is true that W got higher CPI than Doctors. But he/she is incorrect in the statement that viewership of W surpassed "Doctors."  You are absolutely correct.   :)

I just added a comment on the article about it. Feel free to comment to them as well.

@Kasmic chingu... just saw your response too...  Do take a look at my comment to the writer on Yibada, and pleases everyone, leave your comments there too.

I didn't understand CPI so I looked it up. For the info of newbies like me, Contents Power Index (CPI) is an integrated index based on rankings from direct search, social media, and Internet news subscription that CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea co-developed in 2012.

Read more: http://www.asiastarz.com/articles/5632/20160730/korean-drama-doctors-sbs-tops-number-one-weekly-contents-power.htm#ixzz4J0RL4Vj3

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, irilight said:

Tht cpi, i thnk one time W higher thn doctors thn after tht @pparma post doctors cpi gain num. 1 spot till last week. Am i wrong? Ihihi

• Like 11

Another article but with  interview of Chief Kang Kyung-Joon (Kim Gang Hyun) 

20160901_1472715786_70355200_1_99_201609

Here he speaks about that he is in the same agency as PSH - Salt Entertainment and says that despite the tight schedule and many sleepless nights PSH is always full of spirit making him and the all casts energised too. 

Read more from source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000904052

• Like 19