[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

Honestly I'm still overwhelm with Dr.  Hong jealousy rage when he saw sc in the hospital together hj and they were talking with a closeness even obvious to onlookers

the way he threw the soft toy after putting it on his table and went ahead kicking at those lower shelves...

He is really right on the dot that in this drama Dr.  Hong is very much in love with HJ :D

Maybe PDnim saw our message -- complaining why JH didn't jealous about HJ/Sc ---

Gamdongnim - kumawo!

• Like 17

1 hour ago, sweetbloom74 said:

"Doctors" seeks to breakthrough 20%

2016/07/12 

"Doctors" reached the top spot once again.

According to Nielsen Korea, SBS drama "Doctors" rated 19.2% on July 12.

Meanwhile, MBC "Monster - 2016" rated 11.2% while KBS "Beautiful Mind" rated 4.3%.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c.../Hancinema

---------------------------------------------

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Doctors" Episode 8

2016/07/12

Having apparently realized that too much energy has been extended on social relationships lately, the production team dedicates much of this episode to actual doctoring. First there's the accidental crisis Hye-jeong and Soo-cheol created by failing to observe proper traffic safety precautions, then there's the more built-up storyline regarding the prospective Olympic archer. Both operations go relatively smoothly with no real hitches.

"Doctors" is passable entertainment if that's all you're really looking for- just a bunch of actors putting on white coats and playing at being medical professionals. But the drama's lack of ambition to do much more than that is unavoidably off-putting. While the whole notion of wide awake hand surgery is interesting, it's the kind of general interest topic that's more well-suited to a magazine article or a public news report than it is to narrative storytelling.

The only character that has anything approaching a genuinely interesting arc is, once again, Seo-woo. Unlike Hye-jeong, Seo-woo is capable of failure and making mistakes, and watching Seo-woo struggle with these decisions is fairly dramatic. It also feels more than a little unfair. I'm not a doctor, but given the information we were presented with, Seo-woo's medical opinion seemed perfectly reasonable, and in medicine like in any other field, dissenting opinions are important even when they're wrong.

It frequently feels like Seo-woo is given the cold shoulder by other characters less due to personal failing and more due to how she has the temerity to contradict Hye-jeong. The implications of this are especially unfortunate because Ji-hong and Yoon-do are both gunning for a relationship with Hye-jeong. Not only is this technically sexual harassment, but it's also an effective legal argument for clouded judgment. If we ever get to a situation where Seo-woo is right and Hye-jeong is wrong, this favoritism could be used as a cudgel to attack them the same way they hit Seo-woo.

Granted, Seo-woo has her own surreptitious romantic motive. But I'm inclined to view her actions more favorably because at least Seo-woo's romantic aspirations dovetail with trying to create a better working relationship between hospital administration and hospital staff. It just strikes me as massively unfair that after her role in Soo-cheol's accident, at the end of this episode Hye-jeong gets yet another carefree romantic adventure with Ji-hong while Seo-woo is left crying into her phone when a badly timed text appears to have been perfectly designed to mock and humiliate her.

Review by William Schwartz

"Doctors" is directed by Oh Choong-hwan, written by Ha Myeong-hee and features Kim Rae-won, Park Shin-hye, Yoon Gyoon-sang, Lee Seong-kyeong, Kim Yeong-ae and Jeong Hae-gyoon.

Watch on DramaFever

Source:http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-doctors-episode-8-96616.html

Please stop posting reviews from Hancinema. I do not want to see or read what this reviewer has to say about Doctors.

Mod edit: Do not quote pictures.

• Like 17

@angelangie i feel the same way about Hancinema's reviewer ro the point that I scratch my head and think is he watching the same drama. Even in his latest review justifying how SW acted (he has been biased to SW so far...ummm I think he missed the memo that this drama is not about SW). 

PS: and of course the masochist in me would still read thru the review posted here. Note to self, scroll through Hancinema review in the future LoL

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, zia28 said:

No worries for YD chinguya..we know that JH feel can't be compared with YD feel..JH meet HJ first, they have stories together (happy, sad, and all), JH had been waiting 13 years for HJ, he is cheesy but he patiently waited HJ to open her heart and accept the presence of a man love, and the most important is HJ love JH unconsciously (in my point if view), i just love their love story..maybe for the end of story SW realize her mistake and become more understand about people feeling around her and YD can be together with her, happy ending :):):)

or if SW does not change her mind until the end, i hope YD will find better woman :) 

• Like 13

21 hours ago, Kasmic said:

No i dont think we'll see the last of him. His still recuperating from the attack. Im sure we might see him again tonight. But with Jisoo plot as well as YD possible confession and HJ family issues it might be pushed to next wk. Good thing there is many issues to work on right? 

Absolutely! I like the actor who plays the gangster and he is supposed to be HJ's patient and we didn't even get to see him when she was going around seeing her patients.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, bogin79 said:

omg the latest bts of HJ & JH... i just can't.... i am trying real hard here not to ship KRW & PSH.. and i forgot who but these two has developed new hobby.. PSH- fixing KRW's tie and KRW- fixing PSH's hair.. so precious.. ok...i hv to stop..:blush:

:rolleyes: It seems that this ship is at sea and going full speed!  :phew: :D 

• Like 22

Has anybody noticed that the first image before the drama starts tells us a bit of the story.

Todays episode we see HJH and HJ shoes in the grass field where they ran, yesterday was the motorcicle SC uses, the kiss episode we see the phonebooth the one before that I believe we see the surgery room. I don't remember the rest but I love this little details they give us :blush:

• Like 24

I love last night episode. I can't handle Hong Hong Hong cutenesssss. 
Well, what will happen to this couple? because next week is the 9th episode, and usually there will be big problem rises. 

Will JH drag into SW's father evil plan? Because SW's father ever said to SW that she have to stick with JH...

and will it be malpractice during the surgery and HJ is the blamed one? (but actually she's doing nothing)

LOL, i'm guessing bad plot right now :sweatingbullets:

• Like 15

27 minutes ago, dani4lane said:

Please stop posting reviews from Hancinema. I do not want to see or read what this reviewer has to say about Doctors.

Yes, please.. I think I said it for my third times now.. If Hancinema will only ruining our mood, why keep posting it here? I wonder too..  A lot of chingus here have more capability than Hancinema to discuss about uri Doctors inside out.. Plus we are all love our Doctors.. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, kammiya said:

Has anybody noticed that the first image before the drama starts tells us a bit of the story.

Todays episode we see HJH and HJ shoes in the grass field where they ran, yesterday was the motorcicle SC uses, the kiss episode we see the phonebooth the one before that I believe we see the surgery room. I don't remember the rest but I love this little details they give us :blush:

Yep @angelangie whom noticed it first. Every opening ep picture links to the ending scene. Im anticipating for a opening with a bedroom picture hahaha! devil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.gif

2 hours ago, hell59 said:

Absolutely! I like the actor who plays the gangster and he is supposed to be HJ's patient and we didn't even get to see him when she was going around seeing her patients.

Gangster Boss ohhhhh his handsome we've got handsome doctors and handsome patients.  Where is that hospital I need to admit myself in there? Jokes aside the actor is busy with his own drama (just released on 11th Jul) so I guess we must be more patient :P oh wait we already are. 

EDIT- No bedroom pics but hospital scenes  OPPS @siena407 posted them already :D:D I just delete it 

Spoiler

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, jeijei said:

Schwartz contextualizes his criticism using Western aesthetics (c.f. Grey's Anatomy's narrative) and perceives the drama as if it is designed for Western audiences. This is why a reverse harem is disappointing in his universe, as it would only happen in a setup akin to The Bachelorette instead of a chick lit/josei-inspired medical drama. Doctors, whose working title was Female Gangster Hyejung, does not aspire to be a House MD but a healing drama, a narrative that showcases how a specific life saver's life is eventually saved. 

Totally agree with you and ....

STOP whoever that is that kept on putting Hancinema review on this forum, if we need a review we look it up ourselves and a lot of people here have their own site to go to for reviews. And here I'll say it F Schawrtz, if I want to care about his review then I'll go seek him out, don't bring him here where some people just get upset with his review.

Sorry chingus for my outburst, i come to this forum to be happy like Dr. HongHongHong not to be subjected to some people's unwanted review.

And I freaking love reverse harem, girl power, the more the merrier..... 

• Like 15

Gahhh what an interesting 2 episodes this week. Ep 8 was out the roof in terms of holding viewers' emotions. I was so nervous during the two surgeries.

But I have to wonder...how strong can HJ be?? In the morning, she witnessed her beloved friend almost die in front of her, then went into his surgery, only to assist in another major surgery in the afternoon. This work day must have been at least somewhat taxing emotionally and physically?? Especially with SC's accident!! But I find it surprising that she can then be totally fine going to the party at night... I half expected her to be feeling a bit down, and perhaps wanting to stay by SC for a little while?

However what I'm NOT skeptical about is how HJ really enjoyed herself on her late night date with JH-- after the stressful day and the experience of almost losing a loved one, I could see how she would feel that she shouldn't hold back her emotions anymore since time is precious and you never know what could happen to your loved ones in the next minute...

• Like 22