[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

Waiting for this drama. But I'm wondering is ji soo's role a short one? Or he'll appear throughout?  I hope it's good  character he's an impressive actor! A high quality drama  and writing for the character you'll see how excellent young actor he is. He's becoming even more brilliant. If you've seen his previous dramas you'll agree. 

• Like 8

Want to see script reading pics too. I'm not really a PSH fan but I appreciate actors taking challenging roles given the right role with powerful character with deep emotions she'll do good. She made me cry in tree of heaven if you must know ha ha yeah I'll never forget that scene shouting yoo sung oppa. I marathon that drama last year. She was like 18 I think when she did TOH.

Well  I  said previously this is kinda like Brain which happens to be fav kdrama. But this dramaa told from the pov of hye jung,  I hope this will have a really good script 

• Like 12

Having never seen any of the dramas scripted by Myung -Hee before and coming across varied criticism for her and her dramas, I decided to watch one myself.....just to get the feel of this writers style.

After halfway through I feel that it's not definitely the typical romantic comedy but one needs to watch it on its own. It showcases the relationship dynamics.....frailties and strengths of human nature as tested by events in real settings. All the characters were well developed. 

I think the writer does that well...

I feel that ratings -wise too....this drama will do very well if it caters to all ages and mixes the popular aspects of the k-drama with the serious elements of the subject matter.....no matter how well written, witty or thought provoking. In this regard the popular selection of cast with a good standing is a step in the right direction. Maximum audience needs to be attracted to watch at least the first few episodes before they are compelled to watch the whole drama live every week.

I find the synopsis and the character sketches interesting enough on their own (without the popular cliches) to make me eagerly look forward to it.

@VIP_Cake...I would be very surprised if this writer's drama would be a cliche one from what I have gathered /read and seen . Also, a script will win a prize only if it's original and definitely not the usual run of the mill kind

@reemi91....Hong Ji Hong (KRW) is described as a warm person loved by all....so the chances are pretty high that he would be on good terms with not only Jung Yoon-Do ( YKS) but rest of the characters too. 

@irilight.......Soo Chul described as "YHJ's first crush in high school who later leaves a big impact on her life."......wiki. Was that impact before or after HJH enters her life as mentor? Was the nature of impact such that made her decide to become a doctor? Or it was HJH's guidance as a mentor that led her into being one? There can be any number of conjectures that one can come up with. Same thing goes for Somji, principal's daughter started the rivalry between YHJ and JSW.....how?....remains to be seen. She is said to have gone against her family to befriend YHJ and loyal to her from when very young to adult .

@jongski.......I have a feeling that Soo Chul ( Ji Soo) will be a well written impressive character that has a short but important role ..... it has to be otherwise how will he  leave a big impact on YHJ's life. 

I agree about him being an extremely good actor from what I have seen of him in Sassy Go Go and Page turner....Both very different roles but amazingly well enacted. He alongwith Yoon Kyun Sang are the two new actors who I find have the unique ability of totally owning their characters. I am excited about seeing how they do in this drama too.....

As far as Park Shin Hye in Tree of heaven is concerned.....she alongwith Lee Wan made me cry bucket with their performance. She was only 16 and very impressive. It does depend on wether a character allows an actor to fully show what they are capable of doing. I have a feeling you will like her again in the role of YHJ...a lot :D

• Like 11

7 hours ago, irilight said:

They say that PSH's character (YHJ) was abused as a kid. I wonder, if by her dad, or here mom, or both..

Oh no really PSH character - HJ was abused? oh dear how sad. As sad as that seems Im kind of glad this drama will raise more awareness of child abuse. I remember it was the case for KMHM and didnt that cause a stir. 

I think the person whom could be the abuser is her father... as the description says that he coldly treats/ ignored or even neglected her. This made me more curious as to what the 2 words in Grandma description says... hehehe I had to ask my mum and it means Grandma feels apologetic/ indebt/ remorse/ pity towards HJ. Thanks Mum!! ;)

This explains why (as I read in the synopsis) Grandma became the prime carer for HJ. Maybe HJ father left her in Grandma's care hence why Grandma's feelings towards HJ could be related to how her son treated her too. Oh how sad HJ was raised in a tough and cold family and its no wonder why she became a gangster. 

On a positive note Im glad to see this side of PSH - BRING ON GANGSTER PSH!!! I cant wait to see her kick some serious butt hahaha!   

Spoiler

ChM3gpjUYAAmdZ-.jpg

• Like 13

18 hours ago, VIP_Cake said:

I really hope the plot isn't cliche. They have an amazing cast and I really hope to see their acting skills shine in this drama.

There's a lot of romance in this drama but I wonder how they are going add the medical genre to this drama. Hopefully there's a good balance of medical and romance in this drama since it's a drama about doctors.

I'm pretty sure the drama will focus on the Melo/Humanity than the Medical aspect.

17 hours ago, reemi91 said:

@maris1 @Kasmic .. thanks so much for ur efforts to make it clearer . 

I'm waiting for this to see KRW . hope this character would be attractive and interesting as JungHwan in Punch . I was hope if there is a relation between him and Kyung-sang character  instead of a triangle of love it would be better than this . after all, I have a trust on him and I'll watch this for him . 

thanks, all of u for posting any update here . 

I think the big reason the cast picked their roles including PSH and KRW is the roles are different with what they had before.

How can a man love with his brain?  I can't imagine and can't wait for KRW pull if off

11 hours ago, jongski said:

Want to see script reading pics too. I'm not really a PSH fan but I appreciate actors taking challenging roles given the right role with powerful character with deep emotions she'll do good. She made me cry in tree of heaven if you must know ha ha yeah I'll never forget that scene shouting yoo sung oppa. I marathon that drama last year. She was like 18 I think when she did TOH.

Well  I  said previously this is kinda like Brain which happens to be fav kdrama. But this dramaa told from the pov of hye jung,  I hope this will have a really good script 

She stared in TOH when she was only 15-16. That's why there was no kiss scene. That drama was what sealed the deal for me after YB that made me her fan until now. She was amazing at such a young age

Like I said before I don't think the drama would focus on Medical aspect like Brain but rather the humanity/Melo aspect 

I think JS will have an impact role and would be part of the reason HJ became who she is.... but I don't think his performance will be a long one 

8 hours ago, maris1 said:

Having never seen any of the dramas scripted by Myung -Hee before and coming across varied criticism for her and her dramas, I decided to watch one myself.....just to get the feel of this writers style.

After halfway through I feel that it's not definitely the typical romantic comedy but one needs to watch it on its own. It showcases the relationship dynamics.....frailties and strengths of human nature as tested by events in real settings. All the characters were well developed. 

I think the writer does that well...

I feel that ratings -wise too....this drama will do very well if it caters to all ages and mixes the popular aspects of the k-drama with the serious elements of the subject matter.....no matter how well written, witty or thought provoking. In this regard the popular selection of cast with a good standing is a step in the right direction. Maximum audience needs to be attracted to watch at least the first few episodes before they are compelled to watch the whole drama live every week.

I find the synopsis and the character sketches interesting enough on their own (without the popular cliches) to make me eagerly look forward to it.

KMH is not a bad writer. Her works are rather very realistic and focus more on Melo (def not your typical romcom if that's what you expected)  but many got bad impression based on her last piece of work... because it's the most recent thing we could remember? lol Even then HS was still better than Heirs to me LOL

I still have faith in her :)

One of the reasosn I was excited for her being the writer is she is good with skinship :P Please don't disappoint me lol

• Like 11

been a long time since my last post here....and i am comeback now,...because its already MAY...okay and JUNE will be next month right right right??????omoooo....cant i start counting down the days???or is it still too long to counting down the days???hahahahahahaha....whatever, its may so its one step closer to this drama premier.....yeay still so exicted

just come back from beackreading and i miss a lot of stuff about this drama like additional cast, or relationship chart, and the characters explanation and they are already script reading last thurs?????oh how come i just know it????gimme the photo in script reading...i want to see the cast chemistry in thereeee....update it please SBS!!!!! but but but just wanna say thank you for sharing it!!!!! oh making me more exicted waiting this drama.......hahahahahaha

and OH MY GOD.....just read about Actor Jeong Hae-gyoon confirm starring SBS 'Doctors, and will act as a father of Park Shin Hye's character.....just OMG,another signal antagonist here...just wow wow...after jang hyun sung now jeong hae gyoon...though jang hyun sung will be protagonist character here..... what about jeong hae gyoon???the description says that he ignore and neglected her,,will he be the child abuser dad????argghhhh i still hate seeing his face,,,,the aftermath from signal just too strong...and the one that play PSH mom too....hmmmm curious about this character will be.....because never know PSH character will have a mom too...

this drama neurosurgeon team maybe will be one of the coolest doctor team in K drama...hahahaha...i love how they describe all characters in this drama...maybe all are the neurosurgeon doctors, but the story behind why they choose to be a doctors so different and their different background ........its interesting to me....like how YKS is chaebol son that become a doctor instead taking over his fater company or LSK princess like in neurosurgeon team....usually they just describe a main characters story but in this drama they describe all doctors story....hmmmmmm....cant wait to see the coolest neurosurgeon team on their scalp action in operation room........

17 hours ago, VIP_Cake said:

I really hope the plot isn't cliche. They have an amazing cast and I really hope to see their acting skills shine in this drama.

There's a lot of romance in this drama but I wonder how they are going add the medical genre to this drama. Hopefully there's a good balance of medical and romance in this drama since it's a drama about doctors.

this this this.....i agree with every words you wrote,,,,i keep nodding when read it...yeah they have amazing cast team and i hope their acting shine in this drama too so dont make the plot weird and cliche,,,especially this is medical drama that a few people or many? will pointed about medical procedural later...and suddenly all ppl become an expert in medical field...hahahahaha....its okay not to be perfect but try to be better so ppl cant notice the wrong thing later..hahahahaha

yeah i hope for good balance too...i really love good balance drama...because this drama about doctor so i hope there is balance in medical and romance (and cant you give me a bit funny or comedical part too????so it wont be too serious later..hahahahaha....)

1 hour ago, thao_2512 said:

They will start filming this month 

wow...they will start filming this month????,,,,,so exicted!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, jongski said:

Waiting for this drama. But I'm wondering is ji soo's role a short one? Or he'll appear throughout?  I hope it's good  character he's an impressive actor! A high quality drama  and writing for the character you'll see how excellent young actor he is. He's becoming even more brilliant. If you've seen his previous dramas you'll agree. 

i already wandering about this matter since the 1st time they announce Jisoo will play as PSH first love..i think he will only has short appearance in this drama but his character will left big and strong impact heroine life and character that we will see in this drama from beginning until the end maybe....because of it, his character must well written by writer too to give that impact.....i already trust jisoo acting so well written character will make him more briliant more shinning in this drama though maybe he will just appear in short one...jisoo ya, this noona cant wait to see you!!!i miss you...though i just finish page turner less than 1 month ago...hahahahaha

cant wait the gangster doctor PSH.....and KRW ahjussiiiiii too as a doctor...huwaaaaaaaa......20th june....comes faster

• Like 13

image.jpg1_zpszvmassne.jpg[/URL]

Jo Hyun Shik joined SBS "Doctors". He will portray neurosurgeon named "Ahn Jong Dae".............Cr. Chinese translation: tripleEdoubleLU weibo

Source Naver via pshdaily

• Like 10

• Name: 조현식 / Jo Hyun Shik (Jo Hyeon Sik)
  • Profession: Actor, musical actor
  • Birthdate: 1983-Mar-13 (age 33)
  • Birthplace: South Korea
  • Height: 180cm

TV Shows

Movies

• Shin Sung-il is Lost (2006)
  • Hello Fine Day (2004)
  • The Crescent Moon (2002)
  • Like 8

It does seem as if the drama will take place basically in the hospital environment from the number of actors cast as doctors/neurosurgeons....

The Seniors

1: Chief of Neurosurgery    : Kim Tae-To.....(JHS)

2: Senior Neurosurgeon.     :? description just a pic ( have a feeling will be HJH's rival as neurosurgeons of the same seniority or be 2nd in seniority after the chief)

3: Gifted surgeon.                : Hong Ji Hong   (KRW)...[ Not clear to me if he was a teacher/ mentor to YHJ in school or medical college (because that would make him a professor too) ]

4: Neurosurgeon.                  : Jung Young-Do (YKS)...( don't know his place in seniority but I don't think he will be a resident....A fellow most probably...just my assumption hence placed in this lot...not senior but not a resident too )

The Neurosurgery Residents ( I grouped them as such on the assumption that these characters seem too young to be fellows. Fellowship program follows after 7 yrs of residency that comes after 4 years of  medical school)

1: Yoo Hye-Jung    (PSH)

2:  Choi Kang Joo ( KMS)...He graduated from top medical school and competes with YHJ for the title of the best Neurosurgeon.

3:  Jin Seo Woo      (LSK)..........Rival to YHJ...( I think on both overdo all and professional front)

4: Ahn Jong Dae.   (JHS...Jo Hyun Shik)...( I think will be a resident but could be senior)

From the above data.............I conclude that 8 neurosurgeons should be enough to make the story run in a neurosurgery department of a Hospital. We can only conjecture and have personal wishes as to what we would like to see in terms of the proportion of medical cases/surgeries versus the human melo aspect of the story.

• Like 11

Yoo Da In confirmed to join Doctors as KRW's long time friend and will create tense between him and Park Shinhye. KRW is her only friend and she secretly admires him...

ChfTXtDVEAAMR_G.jpg

Cr: tripleEdoubleLU and BEA

Basically another love line for KRW

Is this a medical or romance drama? LOL 

And give me the filming date please! 

• Like 10

@NileRose....yes ....I was quite surprised too. The character description for her was a little unexpected too since she is said to have secretly liked Hong Ji Hong for a long time and creates tension between him and Yoo Hye Jung. I thought Jin Seo Woo was going to play that role. She loves HJH too and resents Hye Jung supposedly take him away from her. Why the need for this new character playing the similar act.....or am I missing something here...

@thao_2512.....well....he has to have at least more than one love line so as to compete with YHJ's multiple ones :D....it's 3 love lines for both now

But, seriously jokes apart.....I am pretty curious to see how the writer will keep all the love lines untangled. :blink:

• Like 6

Yoo Da-in to star in "Doctors", crush on Kim Rae-won

photo719775.jpg

Actress Yoo Da-in is starring in the new SBS drama "Doctors".

"Doctors" is a drama about a woman with nowhere else to go and a man who loves with his head rather than his heart, encountering each other as doctors and experiencing the love of their lives. Yoo Da-in takes on the role of Ji-hong's (Kim Rae-won) old friend Jo In-joo who also has a crush on him.

Jo In-joo is from a wealthy family and she likes to take it easy. She loves Ji-hong who is perfect and though she knows he doesn't think of her as more than a friend, she's alright with it. She is the third party to Ji-hong and Hye-jeong's (Park Shin-hye) romance.

Yoo Da-in has proved herself to be a talented actress through many dramas. Her most recent drama is "One More Happy Ending" which earned her points for her cheerful and sensitive act.

Meanwhile, "Doctors" is directed by Oh Chung-hwan and will be released in June.

http://www.hancinema.net/yoo-da-in-to-star-in-doctors-crush-on-kim-rae-won-94100.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#!prettyPhoto

@maris1

Yeah I'm sure KRW requested to have as many love lines as PSH's so they can be fair to compete LOL

Like I said on twitter, they should change the tittle to "love mess" lol 

Kidding aside, with only 16 eps at least they can't drag with so much going on haha 

• Like 13

South Korean Actress Park Shin Hye And Actor Kim Rae Won Join 'Doctors' To Play Lead Roles

upcoming-sbs-drama-doctors-will-have-sou Upcoming SBS drama "Doctors" will have South Korean actress Park Shin Ye and actor Kim Rae Won. In this handout image provided by the South Korean Presidential House, South Korean President Park Geun-hye talks with doctors during her visit to the U.S. Am (Photo : South Korean Presidential House | Getty Images Korea)

According to Span Entertainment on Friday, South Korean actress Park Shin Ye and actor Kim Rae Won will join the upcoming drama on SBS TV, "Doctors" to play the lead roles. Kim will play Hong Ji Hong while Park will portray the female protagonist, Yoo Hye Jung.

It was reported weeks ago that the two stars were the possibilities of the upcoming SBS series. After some articles countered or confirmed the rumors, it is now finalized. "Doctors" is penned by the writer of "Could We Marry" and "High Society."

The upcoming TV series will explore the realistic relationship between doctors and patients as well as the elitism of the Korean society's academic side. "Doctors" is South Korean actress Park Shin Hye's return to TV after 18 months of wrapping "Pinocchio" up while Kim was in hiatus a year ago after "Punch."

The negotiations are already finalized, and actress Lee Sung Kyung is likewise expected to join the cast, said Soompi. Kim Rae Won's character, Hong Ji Hong, is a respected expert of neurosurgery, a hard core realist who is friendly and liked by all.

According to Dramabeans, it is a role Kim can endearingly deliver. He will become the sunbae that helps turn around the life of the cynical heroine, a woman who does not trust people and shuts her heart from others due to painful childhood experience.

Park's character Hye Jung is a tough bully in school who became into a studious and smart doctor. She has a tough personality and always goes wayward. However, she will change after meeting her mentor who will make her put the past behind and become a doctor. She is remorseful of and is shadowed by her past but thanks to Hong, she slowly changed, reported The Korea Times.

Both South Korean actor Kim Rae Won and actress Park Shin Hye have not worked in a TV drama for over a year, hence, the netizens want to see them on the small screen again. Their casting in one drama makes their fans excited for the project, said Koreaboo. The Monday-Tuesday drama, "Doctors" will air when "The Royal Gambler" finishes.

http://en.jknus.com/articles/2960/20160403/south-korean-actress-park-shin-hye.htm

• Like 11