[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Although I already knew what to expect and what happened in Ep 9 through our live recap here (thank you again!) I am still left speechless after watching (FINALLY!) it with subs.until "W" is still broadcasting, I think I wouldn't re watch Ep 9 the way I keep on rewatching eps 1-8 (especially Ep7). Ep 9 is too much painful for the heart and mind. 

The author/writer just has such bravado to do this storyline.Truly truly brilliant.I hope we would get a satisfying ending.But by just our reactions alone on their break up,KC running to SH (I am still sensitive about that),we might all end up in Korea hunting our drama writer if YJ & KC dont end up together or any variation of HEA for our OTP,I think.

I'm being brave right now but I think Worldies are mostly awaiting for @Ahpheng's cstrip for KC in his bathrobe..mianhe Chingu for boldly requesting for that one.Someone (sorry couldnt remember which one of you) mentioned during the live recap that KC's bathrobe scene would definitely end up on your cstrip.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

@ilwoo_aeini just have this crazy idea. am so going to look for a ring that look closed to this 'Chul-joo' wedding ring, and start hanging round my neck. am capable of doing such silly things, on vigil for my YJ's broken heart.

@maryofbethany sorry for the late response. I was going back and forth between "W" thread and "C4K" thread today..I was a busy bee today hahaha..Omo! You want to buy a ring that look closed to "Chul-Joo" wedding ring? Daebak hahaha..I realised that most of K-drama fans capable of doing silly things just to show how much they love the drama..This is happening to me as well :D 

Good night gift from Kang Chul~ Jaljayo yeorobeun~

CqO28jhUsAA8udG.jpg

credit: as tagged

• Like 7

Published on August 19, 2016

W Episode 8-9 Review

written by thoughtsramble
w3

I just love this show so much!

I fell in love with this show from the very start – remember my little rambles on the interesting premise, the acting and the characters? I’m really glad the show has gotten to where it is right now. Many more people are watching it (to me, it’s really worth your time more than Doctors) and the couple has become one of my favourite 2016 couples (guys, Descendants of the Sun happened this year too. It feels like so long ago though!!)

I did think the show falter a bit in Episode 7. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the romance, the cute and shy scenes, and all the funny fanservice moments (like when Chul said he preferred adult romances). However, I’m personally not a fan of couples who fall in love so quickly. Maybe it makes sense from Yeon Joo’s point of view because Chul is basically her ideal guy in flesh, but it hasn’t been that long since Chul met Yeon Joo.

That aside, I adore the recent episodes, especially the last two. Every episode revolves around a conflict issue, and solving each issue only serves to propel the plot further. It’s so poignant that she gets pulled back into W each time Chul dreams of her – it highlights how much he misses her. He’s supposed to have forgotten all about her, but their memories together still linger in his mind. It must have been so tough for Yeon Joo to be caught in that position where she knows she’s supposed to get over Chul but she still yearns to see him.

full review: https://thoughtsramble.com/2016/08/19/w-episode-8-9-review/

---

Bookmark the permalink.

W-Two Worlds Episode 9

vlcsnap-2016-08-19-13h46m53s324.png

What’s happening? Why is it happening? How is it happening? Why is the webtoon not ending? Why does it keep coming back to life? Is the faceless killer really controlling the webtoon? Why does he have that power?

The drama changed is genre once again from action to cheesy romance to thriller and God knows what will come next.

When the faceless killer met daddy Oh in the airplane, I thought he possessed daddy Oh. There’s this vibe coming out from him. Daddy oh and the faceless killer had some promise going on where daddy Oh promised to give an identity to him?

full review: https://mynewpersona.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/w-two-worlds-episode-9/#more-5795

---

Edit: adding another one...

W – Two Worlds Episode 9: Face/Off

2WorldsEp9header

full discussion post: http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/08/19/w-two-worlds-episode-9-faceoff/

• Like 8

@thea2410 ah, you're making me sad again (beautiful edit by the way). Love Jo Hyun Ah's voice and this song has been on repeat since yesterday.

It kills me to see her like this...

1471623648_zps8cps1lpb.gif

To those who are going to sleep after this, be afraid, be VERY AFRAID.....

Spoiler

1471595479_zpskcgu0fiy.gif

He will haunt you in your sleep :P

• Like 21

*watches instagram video of upcoming otp ice cream scene*

Oh, she definitely looks concerned and worried, waiting for Kang Chul. Why? She's definitely wearing the same clothes from the end of ep 9 but he is in a different outfit so how long has she been in W? Without friends and without help? Seriously, at this point, if I was her, I'd carry large amounts of cash in my pockets at all times.

He takes money from her? To pay for stuff? Why? Omo, does he not have access to funds? 

He bought ice cream :tears:  Guys, he better remember her at this point because if not, I'm cursing and crying at him to stop hurting Yeon Joo.

• Like 17

I did not have time to watch the last two episodes subbed yet, so for now I'm refraining for joining the discussion about the latest developments within these episodes for now. But although I'm supposed to finish an important script for work I'm still lurking here checking for updates whenever I need a short break. Thanks for all of you who posted the various updates on our OTP filming at an outdoor market today. After having seen all these pictures posted here showing both of them from various angles and perspectives I realized something but I'm not sure whether it's just my overactive mind after what happened during the last episodes. So I'm sharing my impression to check whether someone else got the same feeling or not?

For me the posted pictures show two different moods. Some of them shows them smiling and I assumed those are the BTS pictures between the takes cause at least for me they look solemn and somber in most of the pictures. I assumed those are the ones showing both actually shooting the scene so for me it felt like it's not going to be a lovey-dovey scene but a serious one. Both have seroius expressions and almost none of the pictures that shows them shooting the scenes has them smiling but rather the project some 'I'm in pain but I don't want you to realize I'm in pain, emotional turmoil' vibe. Even the icecream scene is not really giving me a positive vibe but rather both of them contemplating next to each other what they should do or whatever crisis they are currently going through. I wonder why? Are those scenes before or after KC regains his memories? I'm really curious.

Anyway, I also had another thought that somehow stuck with me since quite a few days. Actually I wondered whether the writer somehow changed the pace and flow of the story between episode 7 and the last 2. Let me try to explain why I thought so. I'm quite sure that MBC gave the writer and also the crew a heads-up on a possible postponement due to the Olympics. Additionally we did get all the nice BTS pics of our couple sharing a nice date in matching clothes two weeks ago. And if I remember correctly almost all info and aarticles you guys posted related to these lovey-dovey pictures stated they are from episode 7 and 8. At the same time we also got the fan-taken pictures of the cinderella dance scene and that they are most likely for episode 11 or 12 as those are the episodes they should be shooting already. Furthermore, someone shared on this thread that they are rather flexible in shooting the scenes for various episodes.
All that made me wonder whether the writer and the editing crew got the info from MBC that the flow of the show will most likely switch with the odd-numbered episodes being the ones ending the week.So maybe the writer just twisted the intended flow of the show she had in mind according to this new odd-numbered schedule. She did shorten some of the lovey-dovey she may originally wanted to show in episode 8 and kept it in store for a later episode while she packed more and streamlined some of the emotional rollercoaster and story development to fit into the odd-numbered weekly schedule now, packing the story intended for episode 9 and 10 into the later half of 8 and epsiode 9. I can't pinpint exactly why I do feel like it but for me it feels like they did recut the originally intended flow of the last two episodes to fit the new schedule. They did have enough filmed material to do so as they were not shooting the scenes according to the scriped timeline but had material up to the intended episode 11 stored and the writer is brilliant enough to slightly adjust the flow of the story given the current circumstances without loosing the grib on what she actually wanted to tell us. Somehow the flow of the editing just felt a bit different from the weeks before but it's still brilliantly done and not choppy or cheap which just shows that they had enough time to readjust the flow of the story - one week is enough to re-edit if necessary without loosing quality and at least for me they proved they did know how to keep the high quality.
But that's just how I feel about it? How about you? Anyone else who had the same impression? Or maybe I'm comletely wrong, who knows.

• Like 12

@lclarakl chingu nice to have your around, looking forward to your insightful thoughts (gah! i missed that button)

@sakura2016 @maryofbethany it's WORLDIZ! right? @i.am.bugz.funny

@Ahpheng yay awesome cstrips!

@Rania Zeid @ilwoo_aein thank you for constantly updating us with fantaken photos and bts. :) 

@drmjs chingu after watching this drama and i started gathering my gray matters from the floor, that is when i thought some higher power, being is involved in this two worlds.  i think there is some factors that trigger all of this events, and i don't just attribute it to KC's free will or KC's feelings for YJ or YJ's feelings for KC.  Can it be boxes with a box or frames within a frame?  Like you, i try to appreciate it more as just a show and only occasionally analyze the drama.  Although you just can't help it... it is really a show that needs a functioning mind.  Otherwise, we won;t have this much ruckus over the show if it's just the OTP.  Writer Song is just EPIC! and your idea of SB as the one with the higher power of all of this... hahaha i love that.  

for now, my comments are based on the snippets that i've seen, the raw and reading of db recaps.  i hope i'd be enlightened more when i am done watching the subbed episodes.  also i really wish to watch episode 9 and 10 in one setting.  i believe there will be more insight when these two will be watched in one setting.  

• Like 17