[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

I just discovered this discussion thread and I'm SO HAPPY! I was always wondering how other people felt about the new episodes. Just finished the 10th episode and I almost cried- the ending scene was so meaningful and sad. 

• Like 10

You´ve been wanting to kill Chul too. Just like me!

That´s when I realized it.

You and I - share one soul.

Maybe that´t why I think this face suits sperfectly.

SM: Get of me! I already gave you an identity. I kept my words.

You are right. You kept your words.

but you are trying to kill me now.

You joined hands with Chul to kill me!

That´ll be a betrayal.

All I did was follow your orders.

You will follow my orders from now on!

I just started to watch it with subs - and I have to share this. Is the evil to blame when he was only created to be evil. It´s true - it was from the start never his own idea to kill - he was born to kill instead of SM. He is the true Creation from SM. KC is not - as we know. But - what the.... how big is Ghost Power now - so it was him going after SM  - taking his Face to make him follow his lead now. He changed the role for him. I´m stunning here. The Writer again proved to be one of the best ever - if you ask me.

So I will watch the Rest now.

• Like 9

I just finished watching episode 10 with subs and I love it. But seeing this episode and the preview of the next one once again reconfirms by suspisions that the writer and the PD changed the flow of the story due to the Olympics as I alrready posted last week. There's actually quite a few hints and evidence for this suspision. And not just in the editing or flow which I'm supossed to recognize as part my job involves analyzing media content and how and with what intention this content is shot and edited.
All the scenes we saw today as well as the scenes from the preview where shot within the last few days as the BTS and fan-taken pics posted here indicated. The preivew shows KC wearing the outfit he's wearing when the two of the go to the market and enjoy some ice-cream.
Additionally we did have the pic of all the W-scripts that were used until now ans as many of recognized those were more than 16 but some of them were extremly thin. I think those are the ones within which the writer tries to adjust the flow and editing of the story to the now odd-numbered schedule. They did just include those scenes that needed to be shot additionally to fit to the new flow of the story as they contained the scenes we saw last Thursday, today and that we will see tomorrow as well.
But all the other scenes they already shot before the post-ponement of the Olympics are not lost but the writer simply adjusted the speed of certain story developments and elements. We know that most of the scenes they are shooting right now are for episoed 14 or fifteen already, so they do have a big anough scene-pool from which the writer can readjust the story according the new odd-numbered schedula now that the needed extra scenes are shot.
I still firmly believe that we will get to see those lovely couple scenesw with matching clothes, that were advertised as scenes from episode 8 before the Olympic postponement but ultimately did not appear, will be fit into one of  the later episodes now. Maybe when KC finally remembered or is falling for her all over again. They are not waisted but they will just appear later on.

Well at least that's what I believe - the writer did adjust the storyline as they did know about a possible postponement/cancellation way before the audience and because they already finished shooting scenes until up to episode 13 at that time of the first anouncement of a possible cancellation or postponement they just needed to re-edit the already finsihed episodes 8 and 9 by including some minor scenes that they needed to reshoot. Same goes for episode 10 and 11 but either from tomorrows second half of the episode or frim next week on the story will most likely return to the pace writernim originally intended and they will use all these already shot scenes.

I have to pay me absolute respect for writernim to be able to pull that off. Most writers fail in putting up a consistent pacing of a show even if there's no readjustment in the schedule but here we do see that it's possible to have a high quality product even if the circumstances change. I already loved this writer way back with QIHM but now my respect for this talent is even bigger.

• Like 12

'W' Han Hyo-joo saves Lee Jong-suk's life again, second act continues thanks to kiss

Spoiler

photo758467.jpg

On the episode 10 of MBC's Wednesday & Thursday drama, "W", Kang Cheol was driven into the perilous situation again without much relevant context.

On this day, the actual criminal man went to the web-toon writer, Seong-moo (Kim Ee-seong) and threatened him, "Don't' betray me. I've been following your orders so far. Why are you trying to kill me?".

The criminal man told Seong-moo, "Now, it's your turn to follow my orders" and then ordered the writer to draw a gun and bullets for him. The criminal man took the lives of many innocent people.

Kang Cheol (Lee Jong-suk) was not safe either. The criminal man manipulated the accident that had happened ten years ago. He framed Kang Cheol as the murderer of his parents and also a director of a broadcasting company.

Yeon-joo (Han Hyo-joo) was also in troubles. Yeon-joo could not go back to the real world without any explicable reasons. When Yeon-joo encountered Kang Cheol, who was on the run and bleeding excessively, she saved his life.

Kang Cheol asked her, "Have we met before" and Yeon-joo could not say anything to answer his question.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-w-han-hyo-joo-saves-lee-jong-suk-s-life-again-second-act-continues-thanks-to-kiss-98047.html

i can't wait tomorrow ep...the killer is so creepy

• Like 8

Oh and I wanted to say one thing... she is back in his Heart. Otherwise there could be no - to be continue. That depents on his Feelings. So - he is moved. And I love this. So - he will think about her again right ... and he will bring her back on his Side without knowing. But why can other call her in the STory now too... very interesting...

• Like 8

That episode was so intense omg. First she arriving not knowing why then her sneaking into his apartment and thinking shes suspicous. And how he got set up and now. I feel so bad cause he doesnt understand what shes saying half the time but eventually he will.

• Like 7

@Mau_Cherry  It is very creepy and terrifying. The psycho killer fully and completely identifies with the dad. It's not just that the dad used psycho killer to attack/traumatize/kill Kang Chul, It's also the intensity and the intention with which he did it. To kill KC's family, the dad drew it with a cool, nonchalant hand (and why wouldn't he, it was just a cartoon) immediately embedding the killer with a 'murder is nothing' mentality which the dad reinforced with his intentions for the manhwa (a never-ending, unsolvable hunt). But as KC's defiance grew and dad turned to psycho killer again, he imbued the killer with a new and different essence - a zeal, an all-consuming need to kill KC. Recall how wicked and ghastly the dad's grin was as he drew all the blood pouring out of KC's body on the rooftop; recall his deep desperation as he drew psycho killer attacking KC in the penthouse or as he frantically drew the truck of doom which we now know was driven by psycho killer.

Also, how could dad not tell anyone he met up with psycho killer on the rooftop?! Remember we were all wondering why dad was in W for so long? I imagine if the killer was starting to develop sentience at a similar pace with KC - in the best manhwa/manga, the villain and the hero are evenly matched - then did the killer keep the dad in W during those early eps much the way KC was the key to keeping YJ in W? When the psycho killer spoke about the dad promising him an identity I always assumed it was the general promise of KC will catch and reveal him during their final showdown, but now I wonder... did psycho killer kidnap dad during his only trip to W? To get free of the killer did dad promise to give him an identity? Ah, well, long-shot speculation only but something to think about to ease the hours until tomorrow. 

I have a hard time watching the early part of ep 10 even though it is a really good episode. Yeon Joo's hurt and loneliness as well as her decision to not approach KC to better follow his last request breaks my heart.  I don't like seeing my girl desperate and truly trapped in a no-win situation. It was different in the first 8 episodes; KC had an open and acknowledged interest in her and had no intentions of letting her suffer or be alone. So seeing her here friendless, id-less and emotionally wrecked just hurts my heart. I teared up during her emotional breakdown in front of KC and teared up again as she sat by his bedside and promised to fix what has gone wrong. KC was so confused during both scenarios, understanding something important was going over his head but unable to put his finger on it. Already he's asking the pertinent questions, no more "Why do you look at me that way?" but more "Do we know each other? Do you know me?" As driven as YJ is to protect KC (and she does a very successful job of it) she needs someone guarding her blindside because she's not quite as good at protecting herself. 

@Shae  LOL! I thought the same and I agree but now... if she writes herself an identity in the story, will the story do the same thing as has happened with the dad and try to merge them? It may not be worth it. If I were her I'd empty my account and take that with me.

• Like 14

Yes, I agree with all you sentiments, this is a great drama. I think now YJ is the only one who could fix the dangerous situation. Her father is under control by the ghost killer and YJ has decided she is KJ's wife. I can tell in early episodes YJ would have been okay to have a happy ending even if KJ would marry SH, as long as KC is happy. But the recent episodes showed that she wants to be part of that happy ending and she was clearly unhappy when she heard the plans for the last few chapters. I am happy about the "OTP on the run" desperate situation because a love strengthen by challenges is the best kind. My favorite Western Drama is the "Terminator" where the OTP had only a few precious hours together. I am so excited by this drama, we are all crazy by now.

• Like 12

woah!! what a roller coaster ride on this episode. Even if they want to change what happened before, still they were drawn back together, as the saying goes history repeats itself. Hopefully Yeon Joo can fix the mess in W and Chul should get his memory so they could fight the evil killer,,cant wait for the next episode tomorrow.

• Like 8

W Ratings 24.08.16 *YAH FOR THE INCREASE!

Nielsen AGB

W-Two Worlds, National, 6th:  12.3%        W-Two Worlds, Seoul, 4th: 13.7% 

Uncontrollably Fond, National, 16th: 8%                       Uncontrollably Fond, Seoul, 14th : 8.4%

Jealousy Incarnate, National, 19th: 7.3%                      Jealousy Incarnate, Seoul, 17th : 8.1%

TNMS

W-Two Worlds, National, 5th: 13.9%          W-Two Worlds, Seoul, 3rd : 15.3%

Uncontrollably Fond, National, : Out of top 20               Uncontrollably Fond, Seoul, : Out of top 20

Jealousy Incarnate, National, :  Out of top 20                 Jealousy Incarnate, Seoul, 12th : 8.8%

• Like 24

1 hour ago, theseasasleep said:

@Mau_Cherry  It is very creepy and terrifying. The psycho killer fully and completely identifies with the dad. It's not just that the dad used psycho killer to attack/traumatize/kill Kang Chul, It's also the intensity and the intention with which he did it. To kill KC's family, the dad drew it with a cool, nonchalant hand (and why wouldn't he, it was just a cartoon) immediately embedding the killer with a 'murder is nothing' mentality which the dad reinforced with his intentions for the manhwa (a never-ending, unsolvable hunt). But as KC's defiance grew and dad turned to psycho killer again, he imbued the killer with a new and different essence - a zeal, an all-consuming need to kill KC. Recall how wicked and ghastly the dad's grin was as he drew all the blood pouring out of KC's body on the rooftop; recall his deep desperation as he drew psycho killer attacking KC in the penthouse or as he frantically drew the truck of doom which we now know was driven by psycho killer.

Also, how could dad not tell anyone he met up with psycho killer on the rooftop?! Remember we were all wondering why dad was in W for so long? I imagine if the killer was starting to develop sentience at a similar pace with KC - in the best manhwa/manga, the villain and the hero are evenly matched - then did the killer keep the dad in W during those early eps much the way KC was the key to keeping YJ in W? When the psycho killer spoke about the dad promising him an identity I always assumed it was the general promise of KC will catch and reveal him during their final showdown, but now I wonder... did psycho killer kidnap dad during his only trip to W? To get free of the killer did dad promise to give him an identity? Ah, well, long-shot speculation only but something to think about to ease the hours until tomorrow. 

I have a hard time watching the early part of ep 10 even though it is a really good episode. Yeon Joo's hurt and loneliness as well as her decision to not approach KC to better follow his last request breaks my heart.  I don't like seeing my girl desperate and truly trapped in a no-win situation. It was different in the first 8 episodes; KC had an open and acknowledged interest in her and had no intentions of letting her suffer or be alone. So seeing her here friendless, id-less and emotionally wrecked just hurts my heart. I teared up during her emotional breakdown in front of KC and teared up again as she sat by his bedside and promised to fix what has gone wrong. KC was so confused during both scenarios, understanding something important was going over his head but unable to put his finger on it. Already he's asking the pertinent questions, no more "Why do you look at me that way?" but more "Do we know each other? Do you know me?" As driven as YJ is to protect KC (and she does a very successful job of it) she needs someone guarding her blindside because she's not quite as good at protecting herself. 

@Shae  LOL! I thought the same and I agree but now... if she writes herself an identity in the story, will the story do the same thing as has happened with the dad and try to merge them? It may not be worth it. If I were her I'd empty my account and take that with me.

Drawing a Flat with a Code she knows and much Money there should not be a Problem. ....

Normally - but we have a different Problem - the Killer can go to the real world and read and than change what he don´t like... he would like that flat too. :D

Oh I so know how you felt watching YJ in the last Episode. She slept outside for 10 Days - she did not eat for 3 Days. This time she really have a reason to collaps. She even prefer to go back to Jail - all was better than telling him the truth and make his effort and sacrifice go down the drain. But it is already too late - her sad eyes have moved him from the first moment. This time it was not the Key to his Life Story but her deep Sadnees - who is ment to be together can´t just easily run away from that fate. Sadly - one Person KC tried to rescue is dead now. His Uncle was so importend for him.

I said it before - I hope KC must not first loose all three People staying on his side.  (save my Bodyguard!!!)

Uncle died - and sadly - he died with doubts. The Killer will not want KC to die - thats for sure. He needs him like noone else. His whole beeing depents on him.

SM and Killer are one Soul... yes -  i still remember too vivid the Face SM made when he draws Ghost stapping KC on the roof. And Killer too is drinking a lot. He is the evil Side created in SM darkest hours. But Killer has Feelings too - it was hard for him not beeing able to show his face because he did not had one. His existence was the most time not importend for SM - he only used him again when he need something bad to happen to KC again. We saw that he got angry too when he found out about W.

he is the Maincharacter created from SM... I hope it will become a really importend difference that KC was not created in the Mind of this stupid man.

I wsa wondering if SM met Ghost before or the first time on the Roof (for that I was kinda sure). Glady we got Answers again. Yes - SM met Ghost on the Roof for the first time. But how could SM go back? Is there more than one way - If KC and Killer are both the Main Charas   - and both can call YJ  in - so maybe both reaction can bring a - To be continue Sign.

Is it only this Tablet.... or are all Tablets a Door for this World.. and I guess I have to let go for today now... It´s late and I have to sleep. Jsut glad that tomorros is W Day too...

• Like 10

YJ telling KC not to be curious about her (because she knows what will happen once that happens) strikes me as hilarious since it's so ineffectual at point. KC's already interested in her.

I wonder what YJ means in the preview when she wonders if the main character is not the only one who can call her in. In other news, I'm going to be pretty mad if KillerDad still regards YJ as KC's family and renews all attempts to kill her again. It would mean that even though KC's actions saved SH, the person he wanted to protect most is still in danger. Don't you feel pretty stupid right about now, huh, KC?

• Like 10

She didn't know she was going back did she? To draw a contingency plan.

Man episode 10 was intense. I need to find the preview discussion. Wherever it is.

Just wanted to mention I felt so sorry for her not eating for so many days. Starving. Yet still keeping the secrets. The saddest thing is when she said her husband never even said he loved her.

Sigh. This Olympic pre-emption really messed up the cliffhangers. This would have been way better as a Thursday cliffhanger. 

On the other hand I love this attention to details. So how does one really really survived when dropped into a new country with no money etc. Kdramas seem to drop their heroines into time jumps into a new country, seaside village, country towns and just expect them to be super good at adapting. I enjoy this drama yet at the same time laugh at all the tiny details which are missed in other dramas. The sloppy writing obviously bothers this writer. Considering the attention paid to point out the details which are normally skimmed or badly written in other shows/books etc.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Sigh. This Olympic pre-emption really messed up the cliffhangers. This would have been way better as a Thursday cliffhanger. 

All we can do is look forward to tomorrow's probably super painful cliffhanger that would have been assuaged by Episode 12 the next day but we'll now have to wait 7 whole days for :bawling:

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

She didn't know she was going back did she? To draw a contingency plan.

Man episode 10 was intense. I need to find the preview discussion. Wherever it is.

Just wanted to mention I felt so sorry for her not eating for so many days. Starving. Yet still keeping the secrets. The saddest thing is when she said her husband never even said he loved her.

On the other hand I love this attention to details. So how does one really really survived when dropped into a new country with no money etc. Kdramas seem to drop their heroines into time jumps into a new country, seaside village, country towns and just expect them to be super good at adapting. I enjoy this drama yet at the same time laugh at all the tiny details which are missed in other dramas. The sloppy writing obviously bothers this writer. Considering the attention paid to point out the details which are normally skimmed or badly written in other shows/books etc.

LOL, I clapped when she realized she could break into Soo Hee's apartment since she knew the code. I was so proud of her smarts but then W/fate struck again and made sure she got caught! The odds of KC of all people coming at that particular time...

• Like 13