[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

6 minutes ago, ThinkPositive said:

:-D

But if you know this, what will drama do for upcoming episodes?  Ha ha ha.  That is the big mystery in the Web toon. That is most likely be the reason for this drama.  Who killed his parents?  why?  How come this webtoon is able to pull real people inside?  Is that saturn picture with those lines is 'open sesame?'  Can Kang Chul come to real world?  

So many fun questions and therefore we have 20 episodes.  And we get to enjoy the romance within this mystery.  

All very good questions but I believe its 16 episodes unless... they extend it.

• Like 6

as expected from my most favorite actor...and great actress (she played awesome in dong yi and shining inheritance, cold eyes)

I love almost all LJS dramas, except dr. stranger (coz I dun like the lead female, I like the second female more)

he made it for IHYV and Pinocchio...no complaint for the lead female. And for W, also no complain.

looking forward to the next episodes of W...I'll love it, the story is so refreshing...

• Like 7

I was subbing it like crazy this morning without even watching it first. I'm a sucker for metafiction, so this drama is jjang for me. Plus its connection with Nine, Signal and Queen Inhyun's Man (you MUST watch these three too!) 

• Like 9

@sakura2016 indeed...  :wub:

If im not at works i will watch it early with eng sub but integrity is worrying me. XD

19 minutes ago, jeijei said:

I was subbing it like crazy this morning without even watching it first. I'm a sucker for metafiction, so this drama is jjang for me. Plus its connection with Nine, Signal and Queen Inhyun's Man (you MUST watch these three too!) 

Nine and queen inhyuns man , already watch and i am a truely fan of nine

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

So jung joon young sang the 1st OST For W-Two Worlds

GOT THIS FROM JJY 's wiki.

eonje haessde ? when.... hehe what does it means? OST%2B1%2BW.JPG

before this there is question bout cameo right? now,i wish JJY out of nowhere appears in any ep AND "NOoooonaaaa" (towards OYJ):P

• Like 4

"W" starts off higher than "Lucky Romance"

photo748262.jpg

The new MBC drama "W" had a good start.

According to Nielsen Korea, "W" rated 8.6%. This is 2.2% higher than the final episode of "Lucky Romance".

"W" is a romantic suspense drama about a resident doctor named Oh Yeon-joo (Han Hyo-joo) getting sucked into the web-toon world and meeting Kang Cheol (Lee Jong-suk).

The elements of the drama being fantastical and realistic might have caused good results.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV "Uncontrollably Fond" and SBS "Wanted" rated 12.9% and 5.4% respectively .

source: http://www.hancinema.net/w-starts-off-higher-than-lucky-romance-96888.html#!prettyPhoto

• Like 10

i just finished watch the 1st ep and all i gotta say is that the 1st episode didn't disappoint me at all! it lives up to my expectations, in fact it's actually exceed my expectation! seriously it's just that good! such a masterpiece although it's only ep1! (haha!) it's rare for me to feel this way these days~ :wub: .. Everyone did so well. the acting is yeah totally great but i gotta give credits to the director (or whoever behind it) that the directing is totally insane! it's so awesome! it give me goosebumps most of the time~ pheww~ an hour passed by really fast! i'm looking forward to see tonight ep! :wub:

anyway, about the rating, i know it wouldn't be a two digit yet because LR ended with a low rating.. i personally think that 8.6% is actually a great start! please don't be sad or be bother by that so much dearies~ we knows it's such an amazing drama we should enjoy it to the fullest although i know the rating is also a important things for the team.. i think we can reach 10% or even much higher for tonight ep! i bet many new peoples will be super curious and try to tune in for the drama tonight because of all the positive response and all the hype! let's just stay positive about it all~ ^_^ :wub:

• Like 9

Finally watched the 1st episode with english sub! 

Spoiler

The highlight of this episode was probably when YJ stabbed KC and they both made the first eye contact. The drama truly shines when YJ and KC are together in a scene!
I think they did the pretty good job establishing the two main characters, with YJ narrating KC's backstory in details. However the rest of the cast has yet to be developed well, and I find little reasons to care for them as of now.
It seems like the comic is really writing itself now and while her dad can continue with her work, he has little influence over where the story is heading. The plot is really interesting and it's not exactly a satisfying episode because I'm only left with more burning questions! How did YJ come into the picture and whyyy KC immediately decided that she is the key to his life (and the reason to his existence too)? It's really weird for him to put it like this unless he really got some sort of history with YJ unbeknownst to YJ herself.
I like the direction of the film so far, and woah the lighting, especially that of the night scenes; the rain, the bokeh lights is soooo beautifully shot. The scores are pretty good too - the one played when they were establishing YJ's dad's grim and eerie room was exceptionally memorable.   

• Like 8

am I the only one who noticed that every drama that lee jong suk pick always have his family member dying?

i can hear your voice - father murdered

pinocchio - father KIA

W - whole family got murdered

they're all excellant dramas though...i'll gave him that.hahaha

• Like 5

@Mau_Cherry actually I like your theory a bit better than mine as it has a more positive outlook. But I do wonder whether that would mean Kang Chul is a child of both worlds as well, cause it was him pulling her into his world when they first met. So he's able to break the barrier between the two worlds as well. Maybe one of his parents came from the first world than as well. Another thing I'm curious about is whether Kang Chul may already knew to certain extent that his life will change after a mysterious girl entered it - kind of him knowing there is a prophecy about his future related to an eccentric girl that is the key to his life and that's why he's not so shaken with all the things that happened after him being stabbed. Otherwise it seems to be a bit off that he instantly thinks of her being the person holding the key to his life so there must be more backstory to it than what meets the eyes at first.

I'm sorry but as much as I would love to live-recap this show I'm unfortunately still stucked at work when it's airing on our side. So I would just be able to jump in with recaps if I have unregular office hours or being off from work and I'm not sure how often that will happen during the next few weeks. But if the opportunity of me being off work and having access to internet presents itself during the next few episodes I would help out with recaps if needed.

@sakura2016 Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, just like @Mau_Cherry I also like to analyze and dissect every little detail of a show that is able to grab my attention for the right reasons. And being complex and twisted is always a good starting point for pulling me in.

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to watch with subs yet and I won't be able to do it until I'm back home tonight. But I'm really curious of how Yeon Joo switches between the two worlds. Does she have to be at her father's place for being able to cross over or will she pulled away from her normal daily routine including her job at the hospital from now on as well? Cause the preview showed her wearing a doctor's coat when rescuing Kang Chul from being poisoned the question would be whether that's her own one she wore while being into the world (meaning she was at her own hospital) or whether she just grabbed one from the other world's hospital staff to rescue him as soon as she figured what will be the next murder attempt? And when she was sitting at the bus station during their third encounter it looked like she was on her way home from work waiting for the bus in her world and maybe she did not even realize she changed worlds until he pulled up with the car?

Ack - so many questions and not enough time to concentrate on them - sometimes RL can be a such hindrance to k-drama obsession.

@parmma Thanks for posting the HanCinema review of the first episode. I really like it and it doesn't seem to be so easy to impress William Schwartz so him being at awe and applauding the writer's creativity says a lot.

• Like 7